Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,177,154 members, 7,900,089 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 July 2024 at 06:30 AM

Phone Crashed During Software Update - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Phone Crashed During Software Update (2088 Views)

WOW OTA Software Update For Infinix Hot 2. / Infinix Hot Gets Software Update / Nokia Asha 302 New Software Update. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Phone Crashed During Software Update by Caliente(m): 2:36pm On Dec 15, 2008
[size=13pt] My phone crashed during software update, is there any hope of coming back? It's a nokia 5300. I wanted to update it from 5.50 to 7.00. It can't even come on.

[img]http://www./sig/Nwabu.jpg[/img]
[/size]
Re: Phone Crashed During Software Update by just2nice(m): 3:45pm On Dec 15, 2008
Ha!Caliente,how did the update go?Was there a power failure or what?You should have cross-checked everything first before starting the update;factors like phone battery level,stable power supply,phone firmware and others.I believe Dragnet,Naijafan or Dual Core would be able to help you out though.
Re: Phone Crashed During Software Update by arctega: 10:50am On Dec 16, 2008
You Should'nt have updated the phone, there is noting for you to gain in this software update i use the same phone & i updated mine. updating is a very risky procese i guess the phone was disconected during the installation
of the update it is normal for you screen to go blank as if the phone is off that is the only time your phone can get damaged ,during the download your phone will still be on & you can use it,there was realy no change at alll,my advice is try take it to where they can flash it.I don't know about other phones but updating 5300 is a waste of time instead of nokia to add they remove ,life timer no longer appears on the waranty menu,and my voice command also stopped working any time i try it my phone restarts,but i fixed this by restoring an earlier backup,i expected changes in the music player & new apps,browser changes like feed reader & full screen but nothing.my advice to other users is "DO NOT UPDATE YOUR PHONE."
Re: Phone Crashed During Software Update by REDDEVILS: 2:26pm On Dec 16, 2008
it happened to me too.I use N73.The power of the phone was gone.I took it to the NOKIA customer care service and they repaired and updated my phone.Never update your shone through the internet.It always happens.It doesn't happens because of power failure.It happens because it can't take the load
Re: Phone Crashed During Software Update by stancozy(m): 3:01pm On Dec 16, 2008
Ur phone aiint dead man, retry the update with gen with full tank and extra 20litres of fuel, 2; Fast internet connection 3;phone connected to charger
Re: Phone Crashed During Software Update by dragnet: 11:48pm On Dec 16, 2008
First remove the battery for 5 minutes, reconnect the battery, connect it to your pc and run the updater again. Leave it for a few minutes and it should go into recovery mode.
If not disconnect it and try a hard reset.
Hard reset:
1. Switch off the phone.
2. Hold down the following three buttons: Green (the call answer button), * button, and '3' button.
3. While holding these buttons, press the power button and switch on the phone.
4. Release when the phone shows the nokia logo or shows other signs of life like the language selection screen.
If that fails to fix it, visit the nearest tech & flash ur phone smiley . . . . .courtesy Nokia Support. . .www.nokia.com
Re: Phone Crashed During Software Update by iyobs7(f): 11:43pm On Dec 21, 2008
@stancozy y now grin
Re: Phone Crashed During Software Update by lordvader(m): 11:53pm On Dec 21, 2008
wow fone crashing during yupdate why did yu wanna yupdate it cool
Re: Phone Crashed During Software Update by Tumm(m): 2:25pm On Dec 22, 2008
Red devil please help me wit d nokia customer service adrex. I need to update mine too,N73. U can send d adres to my email- raytilldate@yahoo.com

(1) (Reply)

Mtn Internet Service Is Dead(at D Moment) / Unbelievable!!! Learn How To Get 5000GB On MTN Or ETISALAT!(All device) / delete this post

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.