Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,181,638 members, 7,914,715 topics. Date: Thursday, 08 August 2024 at 10:43 AM

Please Help Me Answer These Questions About Fasting - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Please Help Me Answer These Questions About Fasting (1076 Views)

Do You Have Any Questions About God , The Bible Or Christianity? Bring Them Here / If You Believe In Reincarnation Get In Here And Answer These Questions ! / Answers To Jehovah Witnesses Devil-inspired Questions About JESUS CHRIST!!! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Please Help Me Answer These Questions About Fasting by NEWBIN: 6:49am On Jan 06, 2015
1. What is fasting?

2. How should i fast?

What are the dos and donts?

HELP FAST
Re: Please Help Me Answer These Questions About Fasting by vooks: 6:54am On Jan 06, 2015
Why are you aksin?
Re: Please Help Me Answer These Questions About Fasting by NEWBIN: 6:55am On Jan 06, 2015
vooks:
Why are you aksin?

i want to learn
Re: Please Help Me Answer These Questions About Fasting by vooks: 6:56am On Jan 06, 2015
Who told you there is fasting?
NEWBIN:

i want to learn
Re: Please Help Me Answer These Questions About Fasting by NEWBIN: 7:00am On Jan 06, 2015
vooks:
Who told you there is fasting?

GOD

It is in the bible, Matthew chapter 6
Re: Please Help Me Answer These Questions About Fasting by elantraceey(f): 7:12am On Jan 06, 2015
Fasting is abstaining from food and other thing you seem to do regurlarly for a period of time .

Fasting is one of the ways we kind of get close to God and our flesh under

1 Like

Re: Please Help Me Answer These Questions About Fasting by okenwa(m): 7:16am On Jan 06, 2015
1.fasting is abstinence from things which incline ur mind from human lifestyle.such as food, drinking, s.ex, conversation or pronouncement dat defile the body, conducts that shed blood....etc

2.you fast by:
a. praying to ur maker.
b. abiding by his laws, precepts and command.
c.living peaceful with all men.
d.maintenance of pious lifestyle.

3. a. don't fast because you someone said you should fast.
b. your fasting must be secret btw you and ur GOD.
c.fasting should not be seasonally done.fast anytime and anyday.
d.no time limitations or duration in fasting .

if after fasting, you are not closer to God or you can't see results you got it wrong.

2 Likes

Re: Please Help Me Answer These Questions About Fasting by vooks: 7:16am On Jan 06, 2015
He told you to fast and then sent you to NL to learn how to?
NEWBIN:

GOD

It is in the bible, Matthew chapter 6
Re: Please Help Me Answer These Questions About Fasting by NEWBIN: 7:54am On Jan 06, 2015
vooks:
He told you to fast and then sent you to NL to learn how to?

is it bad or sinful to learn more about things of God?
Re: Please Help Me Answer These Questions About Fasting by NEWBIN: 7:55am On Jan 06, 2015
okenwa:
1.fasting is abstinence from things which incline ur mind from human lifestyle.such as food, drinking, s.ex, conversation or pronouncement dat defile the body, conducts that shed blood....etc

2.you fast by:
a. praying to ur maker.
b. abiding by his laws, precepts and command.
c.living peaceful with all men.
d.maintenance of pious lifestyle.

3. a. don't fast because you someone said you should fast.
b. your fasting must be secret btw you and ur GOD.
c.fasting should not be seasonally done.fast anytime and anyday.
d.no time limitations or duration in fasting .

if after fasting, you are not closer to God or you can't see results you got it wrong.

Thanks and GOD bless you
Re: Please Help Me Answer These Questions About Fasting by NEWBIN: 7:56am On Jan 06, 2015
elantraceey:
Fasting is abstaining from food and other thing you seem to do regurlarly for a period of time .

Fasting is one of the ways we kind of get close to God and our flesh under

thanks
Re: Please Help Me Answer These Questions About Fasting by NEWBIN: 8:10am On Jan 06, 2015
thanks all for the responses
Re: Please Help Me Answer These Questions About Fasting by vooks: 9:01am On Jan 06, 2015
It is wise to learn more about the things of God.
It is far much wiser to tell us how much you know so that we don't waste time telling you what you already know
NEWBIN:

is it bad or sinful to learn more about things of God?
Re: Please Help Me Answer These Questions About Fasting by NEWBIN: 10:57am On Jan 06, 2015
vooks:
It is wise to learn more about the things of God.
It is far much wiser to tell us how much you know so that we don't waste time telling you what you already know

i dont get you

(1) (Reply)

Tithe Exposed! Reasons Why The Apostles & Jesus Didn’t Teach Tithing! Finally!!! / Redeemed Member Laments ‘T.B. Joshua Lies’ / Bishop Leonard Umunna Election Prophecy For Nigeria 2015

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.