Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,173,200 members, 7,887,521 topics. Date: Friday, 12 July 2024 at 10:03 AM

With Falling Oil Prices, Why Aren't We Buying Fuel At Cheaper Rates? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / With Falling Oil Prices, Why Aren't We Buying Fuel At Cheaper Rates? (358 Views)

Fuel At N145/litre No Longer Sustainable – NNPC / Man Strips Unclad To Buy Fuel At A Station In Lagos. Photos / Falling Oil Prices Threaten My Agenda — Buhari (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

With Falling Oil Prices, Why Aren't We Buying Fuel At Cheaper Rates? by dein77(m): 1:09pm On Jan 06, 2015
Economists in the house should enlighten us.

Aren't the Nigerian masses supposed to purchase fuel, especially PMS, at a cheaper price?

If we bought PMS N97 per litre when oil was around $110 per barrel, why do we still buy PMS N97 now that oil has dropped to a little below $60 per barrel?

This doesn't make any sense. Or maybe I'm missing something.
Re: With Falling Oil Prices, Why Aren't We Buying Fuel At Cheaper Rates? by Nobody: 1:15pm On Jan 06, 2015
Re: With Falling Oil Prices, Why Aren't We Buying Fuel At Cheaper Rates? by Demdem(m): 1:18pm On Jan 06, 2015
Because we are buying from space. Economic indices has never made sense under the leadership of the fool in aso rock.
Anyway, this has been discussed before, let me see if I can search for the link.

1 Like

Re: With Falling Oil Prices, Why Aren't We Buying Fuel At Cheaper Rates? by lawbabs: 1:20pm On Jan 06, 2015
I will give one simple and major reason. Our govt is not interested in Nigeria refining the crude oil. They are feeding the cabals that import fuel. So, according to them, the import cost have eroded whatever value you would have saved by producing locally. However, that leads us to the next question. Should subsidy continue considering that importers now import cheaply. The answer should be NO. Let us hope that Nigerian Govt will delete the subsidy regime and keep the price at N97 or even reduce it in line with continued slide in international crude oil price.

(1) (Reply)

Obasanjo Blasts Jonathan Again / Reasons Why People Think 2015 Will Be Bloody / Buhari Visits APC Members Who Were Shot On Their Way To His Campaign Rally In PH

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.