Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,192,383 members, 7,947,617 topics. Date: Friday, 13 September 2024 at 03:44 AM

Osun 2014:I Was Afraid Before August 9 Gov Poll —aregbesola' Shocking Revelation - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Osun 2014:I Was Afraid Before August 9 Gov Poll —aregbesola' Shocking Revelation (770 Views)

Soludo, Ubah, Ekwunife To Pick APC Ticket To Unseat Obiano In Gov Poll / I Was Afraid Nigeria Might Be Like Somalia, Says Buhari / Mu’azu Met Tinubu Before Ekiti Gov Poll —fayose (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Osun 2014:I Was Afraid Before August 9 Gov Poll —aregbesola' Shocking Revelation by pendy79: 10:34pm On Jan 06, 2015
Governor Rauf Aregbesola of Osun State, on Monday evening, said he was afraid before the conduct of the August 9, 2014 gubernatorial poll in the state, saying “the opposition were even doing a countdown of number of days remaining for us in government.

He revealed that his wife, Sherifat, was even planning to start packing their belongings in the Government House some days before the election.

Aregbesola, who made these disclosures at an interdenominational service organised to mark the beginning of the year 2015 held at the Governor’s Office, Bola Ige House, in Abere, said “the prayers offered during January 2014 interdenominational service by religious leaders for us to comeback this year have been answered by God.”

While alleging that some security operatives who came for the last governorship poll were fake, he observed that a few of them wore students’ belts and put on strange shoes.

According to him, “APC secured the largest number of votes on August 9. APC’s votes was second highest in number to votes secured by Governor Adams Oshiomhole during his election. My victory was ordained by God and nobody can do anything to thwart it. The opposition were just exploring propaganda and lies to hold their members ahead February 2015 general election.”

While describing the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) as a failure since its attainment of power in 1999, Aregbesola charged the electorate to utilise their permanent voter cards (PVCs) as a tool to chase the party away during the forthcoming elections, with a view to bringing about positive change in Nigeria.

He stated: “why do we want General Muhammadu Buhari? All primary schools pupils from Primary 1 to 6 throughout Nigeria would be fed freely if APC wins presidential poll. With this development, N3.6 billion we expend annually on school feeding programme in Osun State would be spent on other meaningful projects. Beside, 20,000 people would be employed in each state while the money expended on federal roads by states, including Osun, would be paid back.”

Aregbesola, however, attributed the current financial challenges, confronting the nation to incessant theft of 400,000 barrels of Nigeria’s crude oil daily and the sharp fall in the price of oil in the international market, lamenting that the November allocation released to the state by the Federal Government in December, 2014 was N1.1 billion, just as the wage bill of workers stood at N3.6 billion.

http://www.osundefender.org/?p=203937
Re: Osun 2014:I Was Afraid Before August 9 Gov Poll —aregbesola' Shocking Revelation by pendy79: 10:37pm On Jan 06, 2015
The Good Lord fight the battles of the righteous.

The night may seem too long but succor comes during the day.

There will be songs of Victory in Aso Rock by the APC come May 29, 2015 no matter the plotting and scheming of the PDP.

Victoria Acerta

Sai Buhari 2015

2 Likes

Re: Osun 2014:I Was Afraid Before August 9 Gov Poll —aregbesola' Shocking Revelation by braine(m): 11:05pm On Jan 06, 2015
You are only human. The fact that you didn't exude the fear is part of what makes you a good leader that deserved the win. smiley
Re: Osun 2014:I Was Afraid Before August 9 Gov Poll —aregbesola' Shocking Revelation by Nobody: 11:13pm On Jan 06, 2015
pendy79:

He stated: “why do we want General Muhammadu Buhari? All primary schools pupils from Primary 1 to 6 throughout Nigeria would be fed freely if APC wins presidential poll. With this development, N3.6 billion we expend annually on school feeding programme in Osun State would be spent on other meaningful projects. Beside, 20,000 people would be employed in each state while the money expended on federal roads by states, including Osun, would be paid back.”

http://www.osundefender.org/?p=203937

So in essence,the free school feeding program of APC will generate 20,000 X 37 States job automatically that is 740,000 individuals,with a spiral effect on Food and Agricultural produce thereby making Farmers and Agro-allied Entrepreneurs to have a ready made market for the sale of their produce

For the doubting Thomases and Thomasinas,Osun State is presently carrying out the program under the O-meal and it is one of the reasons why Aregbesola was reelected

Good governance is no rocket science

1 Like

Re: Osun 2014:I Was Afraid Before August 9 Gov Poll —aregbesola' Shocking Revelation by pendy79: 11:21pm On Jan 06, 2015
beopened:

So in essence,the free school feeding program of APC will generate 20,000 X 37 States job automatically that is 740,000 individuals,with a spiral effect on Food and Agricultural produce thereby making Farmers and Agro-allied Entrepreneurs to have a ready made market for the sale of their produce

For the doubting Thomases and Thomasinas,Osun State is presently carrying out the program under the O-meal and it is one of the reasons why Aregbesola was reelected

the leadership and direction a country moves either positively or negatively is determined by the President or Head of State.
when George Bush was leaving the White House, the American economy was in tatters and almost junk status

when an Obama came in, the downfall was reversed and the economy never looked back until the global recession.

that's purpose driven governance

1 Like

Re: Osun 2014:I Was Afraid Before August 9 Gov Poll —aregbesola' Shocking Revelation by Nobody: 11:23pm On Jan 06, 2015
beopened:

I was arguing with some TANists on one thread that social welfare program is not an impossible program to implement by any serious government. I should have referred them to O-meal program of Osun State. I can't wait to start experiencing the manifestation of Buhari's programs. May God Spare our lives

1 Like

Re: Osun 2014:I Was Afraid Before August 9 Gov Poll —aregbesola' Shocking Revelation by kingDavidda1st(m): 11:26pm On Jan 06, 2015
They should please stop talking about feeding people everyday. Its an empty promise.
Re: Osun 2014:I Was Afraid Before August 9 Gov Poll —aregbesola' Shocking Revelation by pendy79: 11:51pm On Jan 06, 2015
kingDavidda1st:
They should please stop talking about feeding people everyday. Its an empty promise.

That promise has been and is still being kept in Osun State.

Good Governance isn't rocket science as someone mentioned earlier

1 Like

Re: Osun 2014:I Was Afraid Before August 9 Gov Poll —aregbesola' Shocking Revelation by Texykool: 4:07am On Jan 07, 2015
grin

(1) (Reply)

Buhari Is Number One Enemy Of Yoruba People- Adeyeye / Buhari To Armed Forces: Your Neglect ’ll Soon Be Over! / Flash Back!result Of 2011 Presidential Election. Differences Expected In 2015.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.