Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,169,788 members, 7,875,962 topics. Date: Sunday, 30 June 2024 at 05:24 AM

FRSC's Permanent ‘temporary’ Driving Licence - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / FRSC's Permanent ‘temporary’ Driving Licence (1469 Views)

Ocholi’s Driver Had Licence, FRSC Is Processing Renewal —colleagues / Ocholi's Driver Had No Driver's Licence - FRSC / Revalidation Of Tinted Permit, Firearms Licence Begins Today (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

FRSC's Permanent ‘temporary’ Driving Licence by cozimo: 7:23am On Jan 07, 2015
When the idea of a new driving licence was conceived, Nigerians had reasons to fear as with any such process in the country.

Though the era of when any Tomiwa, Dike and Haruna whether qualified or not could acquire a driving licence just sitting in the comfort of their homes can be said to be over, the process of acquiring it still leaves much to be desired.

Almost a year since I got my temporary driving licence, I am still to be issued with the permanent one by the Federal Road Safety Corps. Yet, a few who applied months after me have got theirs. As things are going, I fear that my yet-to-be-issued driving licence would expire without me even seeing it!

Curiously, one of the employees of FRSC feels that considering when my data was captured, he was “sure” that my permanent driving licence should be ready. That those at the Vehicle Inspection Office may not take their time to check “very well”. And true, there are many driving licences there that their “owners” have not “come” to collect!

Every two months, I am required to go to the licensing office to renew it. I see the same crowd forced every two months to do the same process. One man with a smile on his face said for almost two years he had been renewing his own. Some who were tired of complaining just shrug it off. Some don’t even bother anymore to check whether their permanent one is ready, but just thrust their paper in front of the person who stamps it for renewal. Equally, the person who stamps it hardly looks up to see the person they are stamping their papers. It is all part of a boring routine.

The idea of a temporary driving licence to expire in “60 days” was conceived because it was thought that by that time the permanent one will be ready.

Perhaps, they can learn something from the voter card. I suggest that subsequent issuance of temporary driving licence should carry an expiry date that the permanent one would normally carry. After all, what really makes them “temporary” or “permanent” is not actually their dates, but the material they are made of!

In addition, I feel three years validity for a well-”scrutinised” driving licence is too short. Four years would have been good, but five years would have been better.

I see the Corps Marshal of the Federal Road Safety Commission, Mr. Boboye Oyeyemi, as a dynamic man, with the right zeal as his predecessor to push for innovations. I hope though that my permanent driving licence would see the light of day before it expires. Over to you, Mr. Oyeyemi and your men.

Dr. Cosmas Odoemena
The Punch
Re: FRSC's Permanent ‘temporary’ Driving Licence by nifemi25(m): 7:31am On Jan 07, 2015
Its not only you bro. Have been renewing my mine since august 2014. I goes to road safety office there in ojodu every month to stamp my temporary driver lincence.

(1) (Reply)

Ffk, Bianca... Who Screams More On Bed?? / Harass Civilians, Prepare For Retirement, Amaechi Tells Police / FGN Should Nationalize MTN,DSTV, SHOPRITE Now

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.