Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,193,387 members, 7,950,824 topics. Date: Monday, 16 September 2024 at 11:21 PM

Nairalanders Pls Interpret Section 137 Sub 1j & 131(d) Of 1999 Constitution - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nairalanders Pls Interpret Section 137 Sub 1j & 131(d) Of 1999 Constitution (3680 Views)

‘Blame 1999 Constitution For Lack Of Savings, Not Past Regimes’ – Akinyemi / Senate Moves To Amend 1999 Constitution With 13 Bills.. / Federal Executive Bodies Listed In The 1999 Constitution Of The Federal Republic (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nairalanders Pls Interpret Section 137 Sub 1j & 131(d) Of 1999 Constitution by Nobody: 2:22pm On Jan 07, 2015
nduchucks:

One would have thought that by now you people would have developed thick skin. You may need to upgrade your emotional IQ to cope. ndo o. smiley

you are known to be in a far away country and be speaking fire online, why not come home and join the revolution going on in all sector, youths are taking power in all states but APC think taking us back to the early 80s in better.

we will use every possible means to ensure they fail and for you , add substance to your argument next time

cheers

3 Likes

Re: Nairalanders Pls Interpret Section 137 Sub 1j & 131(d) Of 1999 Constitution by Nobody: 2:25pm On Jan 07, 2015
aguiyi:

if you were in Nigeria is the 80s and 90s, you will agree with me that quota system killed the value of education in most of our institutions including the military.the main reason most of the top military leader, directors and perm sec in federal institutions were filled with persons from northern extraction and those with Muslim names is because they were the major beneficiaries.

somebody somewhere leaked this information that this man may be one of those who rose in public service as a result of man know man (MKM).

Note that People still attach all the certificates they acquired before their MBA or MSc to other documents when required not because people dont know that you must have an o level and a 1st degree before proceeding to obtain an MBA but to prove that they did not subvert those systems .

he should show us something, from any of the bodies you mentions atleast let us see his performance in his education before handing the nations economy to him and his team .

what stops him from getting my vote by showing any

This is logical and sensible as well.

1 Like

Re: Nairalanders Pls Interpret Section 137 Sub 1j & 131(d) Of 1999 Constitution by Nobody: 2:27pm On Jan 07, 2015
aguiyi:

if you were in Nigeria is the 80s and 90s, you will agree with me that quota system killed the value of education in most of our institutions including the military.the main reason most of the top military leader, directors and perm sec in federal institutions were filled with persons from northern extraction and those with Muslim names is because they were the major beneficiaries.

somebody somewhere leaked this information that this man may be one of those who rose in public service as a result of man know man (MKM).

Note that People still attach all the certificates they acquired before their MBA or MSc to other documents when required not because people dont know that you must have an o level and a 1st degree before proceeding to obtain an MBA but to prove that they did not subvert those systems .

he should show us something, from any of the bodies you mentions atleast let us see his performance in his education before handing the nations economy to him and his team .

Your argument is an emotional one, it hold no water from the side of the law. Whether I was admitted into a school or whatever is irrelevant. If you feel that Buhari got his document without due process, what you should do is to write the respective school authorities to revoke the certificates he "obtained" without following due process. After revocation you file objection to INEC, APC and you may go further by instituting a lawsuit. Again, the question of "or its equivalent" will rise up. The framers of the constitution understands that not all Nigerians were opportuned to obtain formal education, the equivalent is for those with informal training or that has some vocational practice over a period of time. Bros, just let matter to rest! Buhari is not to get clearance from you or me but from APC. Any objection should go to INEC or the court
Re: Nairalanders Pls Interpret Section 137 Sub 1j & 131(d) Of 1999 Constitution by Nobody: 2:27pm On Jan 07, 2015
byrron:

No law also mandate any aspirant to publicly declare their assets too but only to the ccb.

Just wanted to add this too for all those that chose to refer to the law only when it serves their own purposes but abhors it when it hurts.

I perfectly agree with u that that explains why the issue wasn't pushed further and deemdeem using it against Jonathan.
But why can't mofo accept this and move on or better still either go to court or invoke the so called foi law to compel the General?
Re: Nairalanders Pls Interpret Section 137 Sub 1j & 131(d) Of 1999 Constitution by Nobody: 2:31pm On Jan 07, 2015
aguiyi:

grin grin grin

As fair as ur comment may look, u and i know that the colored is impossible. Stop deceiving urself. grin grin
Re: Nairalanders Pls Interpret Section 137 Sub 1j & 131(d) Of 1999 Constitution by Nobody: 2:31pm On Jan 07, 2015
byrron:

No law also mandate any aspirant to publicly declare their assets too but only to the ccb.
Just wanted to add this too for all those that chose to refer to the law only when it serves their own purposes but abhors it when it hurts.

Is anyone using it against Jonathan for the election or is anyone threatening legal suit?
Re: Nairalanders Pls Interpret Section 137 Sub 1j & 131(d) Of 1999 Constitution by nduchucks: 2:33pm On Jan 07, 2015
aguiyi:

you are known to be in a far away country and be speaking fire online, why not come home and join the revolution going on in all sector, youths are taking power in all states but APC think taking us back to the early 80s in better.

we will use every possible means to ensure they fail and for you , add substance to your argument next time

cheers

e be like say you be JJC for hia o.
Re: Nairalanders Pls Interpret Section 137 Sub 1j & 131(d) Of 1999 Constitution by Nobody: 2:39pm On Jan 07, 2015
barcanista:
Your argument is an emotional one, it hold no water from the side of the law. Whether I was admitted into a school or whatever is irrelevant. If you feel that Buhari got his document without due process, what you should do is to write the respective school authorities to revoke the certificates he "obtained" without following due process. After revocation you file objection to INEC, APC and you may go further by instituting a lawsuit. Again, the question of "or its equivalent" will rise up. The framers of the constitution understands that not all Nigerians were opportuned to obtain formal education, the equivalent is for those with informal training or that has some vocational practice over a period of time. Bros, just let matter to rest! Buhari is not to get clearance from you or me but from APC. Any objection should go to INEC or the court

the rate at which its equivalence is reappearing in your lines makes me feel you guys have accepted that the dude has no educational qualification,so i beg to ask, which of the equivalent certificates does he have and can we see it?

we one time had a CBN governor who had MBA in Islamic affairs while their are many chartered economists and their likes, where did that land us, in court, you know the rest. he used our national fund to bankroll APC,sold Intercontinental bank to saraki (access bank)the man who recommended him for the job,nationalised others and supported islamist (according to the SSS and maybe steve davis)

we are tired of such square beg in a round hole

4 Likes

Re: Nairalanders Pls Interpret Section 137 Sub 1j & 131(d) Of 1999 Constitution by Nobody: 2:41pm On Jan 07, 2015
aguiyi:

the rate at which its equivalence is reappearing in your lines makes me feel you guys have accepted that the dude has no educational qualification,so i beg to ask, which of the equivalent certificates does he have and can we see it?

we one time had a CBN governor who had MBA in Islamic affairs while their are many chartered economists and their likes, where did that land us, in court, you know the rest. he used our national fund to bankroll APC,sold Intercontinental bank to saraki (access bank)the man who recommended him for the job,nationalised others and supported islamist (according to the SSS and maybe steve davis)

we are tired of such square beg in a round hole
I thought you were serious sef

1 Like

Re: Nairalanders Pls Interpret Section 137 Sub 1j & 131(d) Of 1999 Constitution by Nobody: 2:41pm On Jan 07, 2015
deemdeem:

grin grin grin

As fair as ur comment may look, u and i know that the colored is impossible. Stop deceiving urself. grin grin

grin grin grin the bible says a worker is worthy of his wage , let him work for it and prove himself worthy, he may get it.

1 Like

nduchucks:

cheesy cheesy
Re: Nairalanders Pls Interpret Section 137 Sub 1j & 131(d) Of 1999 Constitution by Nobody: 2:45pm On Jan 07, 2015
aguiyi:

grin grin grin the bible says a worker is worthy of his wage , let him work for it and prove himself worthy, he may get it.

Buhari works on lands and minds that a viable, urs will be a waste of time. It's like pouring water into a basket.
Even if u see his certificates with As throughout, it won't make u vote for him.
Stop deceiving ursef.
Re: Nairalanders Pls Interpret Section 137 Sub 1j & 131(d) Of 1999 Constitution by Nobody: 2:45pm On Jan 07, 2015
barcanista:
I thought you were serious sef

i am but humor is good for the soul

1 Like

Re: Nairalanders Pls Interpret Section 137 Sub 1j & 131(d) Of 1999 Constitution by dein77(m): 2:59pm On Jan 07, 2015
aguiyi:

i am but humor is good for the soul

Very funny. Barcanista is a serious minded, detailed person.
Re: Nairalanders Pls Interpret Section 137 Sub 1j & 131(d) Of 1999 Constitution by Nobody: 3:04pm On Jan 07, 2015
deemdeem:

Buhari works on lands and minds that a viable, urs will be a waste of time. It's like pouring water into a basket.
Even if u see his certificates with As throughout, it won't make u vote for him.
Stop deceiving ursef.

thank you for this.

The general is sentimental and should be treated as such.how am i sure he will give a damn about me and my people and region when elected.

the blood of the dead corp members will fight for them soon, let him not apologize and condemn post electoral violence .

it is the same i dont care attitude he is exhibiting on this issue that he exhibited when youths were been killed because he lost am election.

2 Likes

Re: Nairalanders Pls Interpret Section 137 Sub 1j & 131(d) Of 1999 Constitution by Nobody: 3:11pm On Jan 07, 2015
aguiyi:

thank you for this.

The general is sentimental and should be treated as such.how am i sure he will give a damn about me and my people and region when elected.

the blood of the dead corp members will fight for them soon, let him not apologize and condemn post electoral violence .

it is the same i dont care attitude he is exhibiting on this issue that he exhibited when youths were been killed because he lost am election.

The more reason why he should ignore ur kind who are the proponents of this certificate nonsense and continue to forge ahead.
Ur mind is made up against him even if it's based on lies. Trying to appease to u or showing any certificate will be a waste of time. It doesn't worth it.
Re: Nairalanders Pls Interpret Section 137 Sub 1j & 131(d) Of 1999 Constitution by ayukdaboss(m): 3:14pm On Jan 07, 2015
nduchucks:

I tell you the guy na real JJC grin
Re: Nairalanders Pls Interpret Section 137 Sub 1j & 131(d) Of 1999 Constitution by Nobody: 3:20pm On Jan 07, 2015
deemdeem:

The more reason why he should ignore ur kind who are the proponents of this certificate nonsense and continue to forge ahead.
Ur mind is made up against him even if it's based on lies. Trying to appease to u or showing any certificate will be a waste of time. It doesn't worth it.

did my opinion change the provisions of the law, dude humor is good in discussion but it doesn't mean the sense of purpose has been lost.

you lots came up with the several lies that keep getting busted and here you are getting queried for trying to undermine our electoral process and you are telling me sentiments?

pls don't insult my sense of judgement , your product is neither repairable or scrap-able so it is therefore not sell-able or buy-able, gracias
Re: Nairalanders Pls Interpret Section 137 Sub 1j & 131(d) Of 1999 Constitution by Nobody: 3:25pm On Jan 07, 2015
aguiyi:

did my opinion change the provisions of the law, dude humor is good in discussion but it doesn't mean the sense of purpose has been lost.

you lots came up with the several lies that keep getting busted and here you are getting queried for trying to undermine our electoral process and you are telling me sentiments?

pls don't insult my sense of judgement , your product is neither repairable or scrap-able so it is therefore not sell-able or buy-able, gracias

What law are u implying?
Where was it stated in what u quoted that the Generals certificate must be for public consumption.
Where was it stated that if it's not displayed on the www, then it shouldn't be admissible?
The joke is on u.
Don't just shout the law, highlight it for all to see.
Re: Nairalanders Pls Interpret Section 137 Sub 1j & 131(d) Of 1999 Constitution by Nobody: 3:26pm On Jan 07, 2015
ayukdaboss:

I tell you the guy na real JJC grin

shebi you don come, na only you waka come sha grin grin grin
Re: Nairalanders Pls Interpret Section 137 Sub 1j & 131(d) Of 1999 Constitution by Nobody: 3:37pm On Jan 07, 2015
aguiyi:

we have the first school leaving certificate (fslc) and the senior secondary certificate (ssce), which of them is the law referencing

Fslc
Re: Nairalanders Pls Interpret Section 137 Sub 1j & 131(d) Of 1999 Constitution by Nobody: 3:39pm On Jan 07, 2015
deemdeem:

What law are u implying?
Where was it stated in what u quoted that the Generals certificate must be for public consumption.
Where was it stated that if it's not displayed on the www, then it shouldn't be admissible?
The joke is on u.
Don't just shout the law, highlight it for all to see.

the constitution did not so say but as Nigerians do we need to wait for everything to be in black and white before we ask vital questions.

He did not submit his certificate as required because he does not have any not because the law did not say he should submit it. the law even said if he submits a forged one, he should be disqualified which means he is bound by law to submit a certificate to Inec. if there is nothing required to be submitted , why then is the issue of submitting a forged embedded in the constitution. do we fold our arms and allow a pretender to mount the hem of affairs because he is a gambari and some people cant look him in the face and ask vital questions
Re: Nairalanders Pls Interpret Section 137 Sub 1j & 131(d) Of 1999 Constitution by Nobody: 3:41pm On Jan 07, 2015
FolarinLondon:

Fslc

are you sure, the navy man seated here says its ssce.

now you see the confusion been caused by our constitution , it was not expressly stated so how did you know.
Re: Nairalanders Pls Interpret Section 137 Sub 1j & 131(d) Of 1999 Constitution by Nobody: 3:49pm On Jan 07, 2015
aguiyi:

the constitution did not so say but as Nigerians do we need to wait for everything to be in black and white before we ask vital questions.

He did not submit his certificate as required because he does not have any not because the law did not say he should submit it. the law even said if he submits a forged one, he should be disqualified which means he is bound by law to submit a certificate to Inec. if there is nothing required to be submitted , why then is the issue of submitting a forged embedded in the constitution. do we fold our arms and allow a pretender to mount the hem of affairs because he is a gambari and some people cant look him in the face and ask vital questions

He submitted an affidavit which stated where his certificates can be found. Inec and NA has no issues with that, who then do u think u are.
Good to know that u acknowledged that the law didn't say so. Buhari just choose to abide by the electoral law but if u want more than that, go to court and demand for it.
By the way, whatever the constitution is silent about, it's not for u to make conjectures instead for the court to make a proclamation.
Though the law didn't demand for it, yaradua published his assets and Jonathan was forced to join him.
Afterwards, Jonathan was reluctant to publish his updated assets again when his tenure commenced claiming the law didn't say so.
If ur kind supported him then for sticking with the law despite Nigerians wanting him to publish it as before why being hypocritical with buhari now because he chose to adhere strictly with the law?
Re: Nairalanders Pls Interpret Section 137 Sub 1j & 131(d) Of 1999 Constitution by Nobody: 3:54pm On Jan 07, 2015
barcanista:
Is anyone using it against Jonathan for the election or is anyone threatening legal suit?

I gave my reason for stating that In my earlier comment

It generated so much noise especially from the oppositions and its numerous educated faithfuls who decided to blind themselves from the position of the law in respect to that issue.

Cheers
Re: Nairalanders Pls Interpret Section 137 Sub 1j & 131(d) Of 1999 Constitution by Nobody: 4:06pm On Jan 07, 2015
deemdeem:

He submitted an affidavit which stated where his certificates can be found. Inec and NA has no issues with that, who then do u think u are.
Good to know that u acknowledged that the law didn't say so. Buhari just choose to abide by the electoral law but if u want more than that, go to court and demand for it.
By the way, whatever the constitution is silent about, it's not for u to make conjectures instead for the court to make a proclamation.
Though the law didn't demand for it, yaradua published his assets and Jonathan was forced to join him.
Afterwards, Jonathan was reluctant to publish his updated assets again when his tenure commenced claiming the law didn't say so.
If ur kind supported him then for sticking with the law despite Nigerians wanting him to publish it as before why being hypocritical with buhari now because he chose to adhere strictly with the law?

i do not support impunity irrespective of who is involved ,he got my thumbs down on that one and many others .

on the issue of who i am, am a nigerian bro
Re: Nairalanders Pls Interpret Section 137 Sub 1j & 131(d) Of 1999 Constitution by Nobody: 7:39am On Jan 08, 2015
aguiyi:

i do not support impunity irrespective of who is involved ,he got my thumbs down on that one and many others .

on the issue of who i am, am a nigerian bro

There is no impunity anywhere so far in this case.
If Buhari had not submitted an affidavit (which I am assuming u know the gravity of such) and expect not to be banned, then the word impunity will come to play. So far nothing of such. He has complied with the electoral law. If u want more from him, go to court and demand for it as a Nigerian.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Even if Buhari presents Nepa bill, I will vote for him- Victor Ikpeba / Why Hasn't The Price Of Diesel Fallen? / Why FG Is Against Devaluation

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 87
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.