Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,190,152 members, 7,939,633 topics. Date: Wednesday, 04 September 2024 at 09:26 AM

God Please Come Down And Show Yourself So People Stop Doubting - Religion (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / God Please Come Down And Show Yourself So People Stop Doubting (42087 Views)

True PROOF Of God's Existence For The DOUBTING Atheist. / God Please Wipe My Eyes And Give Me Children / Those Doubting The Existence Of God,what Is The Source Of Supernatural Powers (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) ... (34) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: God Please Come Down And Show Yourself So People Stop Doubting by duduspace(m): 3:26am On Dec 20, 2008
LadyT:

You're looking for a paradox.

Where is the words you MUST kill?

Death is not the worst thing that can happen to you.

Just ask the guys in Kirikiri

Not looking for a paradox at all and you point about death not being the worst thing is unfounded cos you don't really know what death is like, besides aren't you the ones expecting us to be quaking in our boots at the fear of death becos according to yu we are going somewhere hotter than the sun?
my point is according to the bible "An eye for an eye" and you know what that means when you talked about proportionate judgement.
I've explained the other points in my post to David.
Re: God Please Come Down And Show Yourself So People Stop Doubting by LadyT(f): 3:27am On Dec 20, 2008
Chrisbenogor:

@ladyT & lady
Please tell me what slavery in the bible times was like?
If I was a slave does that make my kids slaves too?
If I was a slave and I got tired of working could I leave?
If I was a slave do I get paid?

Chris
Joseph was a slave he became a great man
Ishmael was son of Hagar a slave

Your thinking of KKK slaves
Re: God Please Come Down And Show Yourself So People Stop Doubting by Nobody: 3:29am On Dec 20, 2008
duduspace:

I knew you would come up with this but even then you evade my point:

1.  The Ark was no longer in the holy of holies and had even been handled by the phillistines who "according to the bible" put it in their temple abi with the supposed bowing down of the phillistine gods, God no strike the phillistines dead but it was someone who tried to help who was struck dead.

1. The fact that the ark was no longer in the holy of holies did not suddenly render the ark useless . . .

2. You said something about the philistines not being struck dead?  grin Did you EVEN READ why the philistines had to beg the Israelites to come take their ark away? Read the pitiable tale of the philistines, the men of Gath and the Ekronites . . .

Let me regale you with the tale (pay attention as you read):

1 Samuel 5
1[b]And the Philistines took the ark of God[/b], and brought it from Ebenezer unto Ashdod.

2When the Philistines took the ark of God, they brought it into the house of Dagon, and set it by Dagon.

3And when they of Ashdod arose early on the morrow, behold, Dagon was fallen upon his face to the earth before the ark of the LORD. And they took Dagon, and set him in his place again.

4And when they arose early on the morrow morning, behold, Dagon was fallen upon his face to the ground before the ark of the LORD; and the head of Dagon and both the palms of his hands were cut off upon the threshold; only the stump of Dagon was left to him.

5Therefore neither the priests of Dagon, nor any that come into Dagon's house, tread on the threshold of Dagon in Ashdod unto this day.

6But the hand of the LORD was heavy upon them of Ashdod, and he destroyed them, and smote them with emerods, even Ashdod and the coasts thereof.

7And when the men of Ashdod saw that it was so, they said, The ark of the God of Israel shall not abide with us: for his hand is sore upon us, and upon Dagon our god.

8They sent therefore and gathered all the lords of the Philistines unto them, and said, What shall we do with the ark of the God of Israel? And they answered, Let the ark of the God of Israel be carried about unto Gath. And they carried the ark of the God of Israel about thither.

9And it was so, that, after they had carried it about, the hand of the LORD was against the city with a very great destruction: and he smote the men of the city, both small and great, and they had emerods in their secret parts.

10Therefore they sent the ark of God to Ekron. And it came to pass, as the ark of God came to Ekron, that the Ekronites cried out, saying, They have brought about the ark of the God of Israel to us, to slay us and our people.

11So they sent and gathered together all the lords of the Philistines, and said, Send away the ark of the God of Israel, and let it go again to his own place, that it slay us not, and our people: for there was a deadly destruction throughout all the city; the hand of God was very heavy there.

[size=14pt]12And the men that died not were smitten with the emerods: and the cry of the city went up to heaven.[/size]

duduspace:

2. The same bible that made it an offence for someone who wasn't a priest to approach the Ark also made it an offence punishable by death to kill another person so if Uzzah was killed for his transgression, David should have been killed too.

Uzzah was killed for TOUCHING the ark NOT for approaching it . . .that is why David wasnt killed. Pay attention young man. Now Leveticus talks of APPROACHING the mercy seat placed above the ark in the tarbernacle.

duduspace:

3. If David was given the opportunity to repent, why wasn't Uzzah?

Because an unclean hand CANNOT touch the ark . . . only the priest is allowed and AFTER he has cleansed himself . . . the law was already spelled out in Leveticus 16

duduspace:

The entire story looks kind of fishy to me and it does shows the God of the bible as being kind of inconsistent.

The entire story is "fishy" because it has to . . . how else would you find an excuse to thrash the bible?  grin
Re: God Please Come Down And Show Yourself So People Stop Doubting by LadyT(f): 3:32am On Dec 20, 2008
duduspace:

Not looking for a paradox at all and you point about death not being the worst thing is unfounded because you don't really know what death is like, besides aren't you the ones expecting us to be quaking in our boots at the fear of death because according to yu we are going somewhere hotter than the sun?
my point is according to the bible "An eye for an eye" and you know what that means when you talked about proportionate judgement.
I've explained the other points in my post to David.

What I cant understand is your rage towards those of us who believe?

I don't know what death is like and you don't know what being a Christian is like so I guess we are at a cross roads.
Re: God Please Come Down And Show Yourself So People Stop Doubting by Nobody: 3:33am On Dec 20, 2008
huxley:

What does it mean to "fulfil" a law?  Whatever it means, it that statement in agreement with the rest of the text?  If a law has not been abolish, is it still in force?

I asked you a question and you answer it by asking it again?  cheesy grin how decietful can a man be?

No no no Hux, you cant dodge this. The statement is in full agreement with the rest of the text BECAUSE you have to understand what the text is saying IN CONTEXT not just reading the text like your english text book.

If a law is not abolished what did Christ mean by coming to "fulfill it"? notice the precise use of language there . . .

huxley:

Can you explain how fulfilling the law is in consonant with verses 18, 19 and 20 where Jesus is coming strongly on the side of the law?

Because you have to understand what "fulfilling the law" means in the first place. Only then can you understand the next verses. Beyond that you're merely groping in darkness.
Re: God Please Come Down And Show Yourself So People Stop Doubting by duduspace(m): 3:33am On Dec 20, 2008
LadyT:

I can't see what is wrong in loving one another and having peace and knowing when we do die there is a beautiful place of rest.
There are many false teachings and practises but being a true Christian is not about going to Church its a way of life.

No true Christain is HOLY.  We are sinners we make mistakes we do the wrong thing but we are human.  

I have no problems with whatever you beleive in that makes you sleep better at night afterall some people beleive in Pooh-Pooh bears. But shoving it down our throats as fact is a different matter entirely.
Re: God Please Come Down And Show Yourself So People Stop Doubting by huxley(m): 3:34am On Dec 20, 2008
davidylan:

1. The fact that the ark was no longer in the holy of holies did not suddenly render the ark useless . . .

2. You said something about the philistines not being struck dead?  grin Did you EVEN READ why the philistines had to beg the Israelites to come take their ark away? Read the pitiable tale of the philistines, the men of Gath and the Ekronites . . .

1 Samuel 5
1[b]And the Philistines took the ark of God[/b], and brought it from Ebenezer unto Ashdod.

2When the Philistines took the ark of God, they brought it into the house of Dagon, and set it by Dagon.

3And when they of Ashdod arose early on the morrow, behold, Dagon was fallen upon his face to the earth before the ark of the LORD. And they took Dagon, and set him in his place again.

4And when they arose early on the morrow morning, behold, Dagon was fallen upon his face to the ground before the ark of the LORD; and the head of Dagon and both the palms of his hands were cut off upon the threshold; only the stump of Dagon was left to him.

5Therefore neither the priests of Dagon, nor any that come into Dagon's house, tread on the threshold of Dagon in Ashdod unto this day.

6But the hand of the LORD was heavy upon them of Ashdod, and he destroyed them, and smote them with emerods, even Ashdod and the coasts thereof.

7And when the men of Ashdod saw that it was so, they said, The ark of the God of Israel shall not abide with us: for his hand is sore upon us, and upon Dagon our god.

8They sent therefore and gathered all the lords of the Philistines unto them, and said, What shall we do with the ark of the God of Israel? And they answered, Let the ark of the God of Israel be carried about unto Gath. And they carried the ark of the God of Israel about thither.

9And it was so, that, after they had carried it about, the hand of the LORD was against the city with a very great destruction: and he smote the men of the city, both small and great, and they had emerods in their secret parts.

10Therefore they sent the ark of God to Ekron. And it came to pass, as the ark of God came to Ekron, that the Ekronites cried out, saying, They have brought about the ark of the God of Israel to us, to slay us and our people.

11So they sent and gathered together all the lords of the Philistines, and said, Send away the ark of the God of Israel, and let it go again to his own place, that it slay us not, and our people: for there was a deadly destruction throughout all the city; the hand of God was very heavy there.

[size=14pt]12And the men that died not were smitten with the emerods: and the cry of the city went up to heaven.[/size]

Uzzah was killed for TOUCHING the ark NOT for approaching it . . .that is why David wasnt killed. Pay attention young man. Now Leveticus talks of APPROACHING the mercy seat placed above the ark in the tarbernacle.

Because an unclean hand CANNOT touch the ark . . . only the priest is allowed and AFTER he has cleansed himself . . . the law was already spelled out in Leveticus 16

The entire story is "fishy" because it has to . . . how else would you find an excuse to thrash the bible?  grin

What a petty, vindictive and monstrous god.  Killing people for simply touching a wooden box.  What kind of god is this.   Would he do the same today?  If not, why not?
Re: God Please Come Down And Show Yourself So People Stop Doubting by Chrisbenogor(m): 3:36am On Dec 20, 2008
Sadly this is not about that, me just need your answers to my questions.
Could joseph just leave if he wanted? Who was a slave tell me?
Re: God Please Come Down And Show Yourself So People Stop Doubting by Nobody: 3:36am On Dec 20, 2008
huxley:

What a petty, vindictive and monstrous god.  Killing people for simply touching a wooden box.  What kind of god is this.   Would he do the same today?  If not, why not?

no changing of subjects here . . . this is for duduspace . .

answer me as regards "fulfilling the law".  grin

Dudu where are you?
Re: God Please Come Down And Show Yourself So People Stop Doubting by huxley(m): 3:36am On Dec 20, 2008
davidylan:

I asked you a question and you answer it by asking it again?  cheesy grin how decietful can a man be?

No no no Hux, you can't dodge this. The statement is in full agreement with the rest of the text BECAUSE you have to understand what the text is saying IN CONTEXT not just reading the text like your english text book.

If a law is not abolished what did Christ mean by coming to "fulfill it"? notice the precise use of language there . . .

Because you have to understand what "fulfilling the law" means in the first place. Only then can you understand the next verses. Beyond that you're merely groping in darkness.

Basically, I don't know the sense it is (fulfill) meant in the text.  I was hoping you would explain.
Re: God Please Come Down And Show Yourself So People Stop Doubting by LadyT(f): 3:37am On Dec 20, 2008
duduspace:

I have no problems with whatever you beleive in that makes you sleep better at night afterall some people beleive in Pooh-Pooh bears. But shoving it down our throats as fact is a different matter entirely.

I hate bible bashers.

But if you ask questions expect answers

As I said being a Christian is a way of life and we have a right to defend the way we live our lives.

I must go to bed.

Night everyone

tongue  kiss
Re: God Please Come Down And Show Yourself So People Stop Doubting by duduspace(m): 3:37am On Dec 20, 2008
LadyT:

What I can't understand is your rage towards those of us who believe?

I don't know what death is like and you don't know what being a Christian is like so I guess we are at a cross roads.

On the contrary, no rage at all from my side but I do appreciate people who question things more and who will be straightforward enough to own up that all they have is belief and no facts.
Re: God Please Come Down And Show Yourself So People Stop Doubting by Nobody: 3:38am On Dec 20, 2008
goodnight LadyT . . . i admire your strength . . . may God help us to stand strong till the day we meet with Him. Amen.

huxley:

Basically, I don't know the sense it is (fulfill) meant in the text.  I was hoping you would explain.

and yet you bandy around the verse like you have any idea what you are talking about?  grin
Re: God Please Come Down And Show Yourself So People Stop Doubting by huxley(m): 3:40am On Dec 20, 2008
davidylan:

goodnight LadyT . . . i admire your strength . . . may God help us to stand strong till the day we meet with Him. Amen.

and yet you bandy around the verse like you have any idea what you are talking about?  grin

Explain what it means then.
Re: God Please Come Down And Show Yourself So People Stop Doubting by Nobody: 3:41am On Dec 20, 2008
duduspace:

On the contrary, no rage at all from my side but I do appreciate people who question things more and who will be straightforward enough to own up that all they have is belief and no facts.

that is false. what you want are people who just blindly claim that all they have is belief and no facts. The bible is replete with facts and corroborative evidence. Its impossible to bring up just one verse in isolation . . . you have to dig deep to find out what it means in the context of others.

That is one issue i find sorely lacking in you folks who claim to have brains and crow so loudly about "questions".

Now back to our case of Uzzah.  wink
Re: God Please Come Down And Show Yourself So People Stop Doubting by Nobody: 3:43am On Dec 20, 2008
huxley:

Explain what it means then.

why shld i? Dont just put up a verse you dont understand . . . endeavour to make sure you are 100% clear what it says before crying foul.
That is why i consistently ask you to read your own claims before you come here to make a fool of urself.
Re: God Please Come Down And Show Yourself So People Stop Doubting by duduspace(m): 3:44am On Dec 20, 2008
davidylan:

1 Samuel 5

Something still stinks here, maybe the emerods on the phillistines wink but its a pity you don's smell it or rather yu don't see it,

1. Why kill some and not all of the phillistines, why the unequal treatment? still quite some inconsistency  but maybe it was because he needed someone to bring the Ark back abi?

and you still largely dodged my other 2 questions and you can change my use of "approach" to "touch" rather than your sermonizing about approaching the mercy seat even though you should know that you would need to approach before touching.
Re: God Please Come Down And Show Yourself So People Stop Doubting by huxley(m): 3:46am On Dec 20, 2008
davidylan:

why shld i? don't just put up a verse you don't understand . . . endeavour to make sure you are 100% clear what it says before crying foul.
That is why i consistently ask you to read your own claims before you come here to make a fool of yourself.

Stumped, erhm. I knew you couldn't lest you tie yourself in all sorts of knots as is your wont.
Re: God Please Come Down And Show Yourself So People Stop Doubting by duduspace(m): 3:52am On Dec 20, 2008
davidylan:

that is false. what you want are people who just blindly claim that all they have is belief and no facts. The bible is replete with facts and corroborative evidence. Its impossible to bring up just one verse in isolation . . . you have to dig deep to find out what it means in the context of others.

That is one issue i find sorely lacking in you folks who claim to have brains and crow so loudly about "questions".

Now back to our case of Uzzah. wink

Facts and corroborative evidence that you have to labour so much to bring out and which when brought out further contradicts other portions of the same scripture that you hold as absolute truth.
You see what you want to see my guy, that is why we never stop hearing of 666 and the antichrist. Even some idiots beleive that a certain Nostradamus has seen all that is going to happen to all of us abi no be so.
Re: God Please Come Down And Show Yourself So People Stop Doubting by Nobody: 3:55am On Dec 20, 2008
Am a grown ass man in living flesh and blood and your god who is so invincible without form or matter but loves to show his face and yansh to moses cruel is the puerile one

Still immature grin. What I see is a "grown man" crying that his candy got stolen. grin

@ topic

Let people doubt. It only confirms the scriptures. grin
Re: God Please Come Down And Show Yourself So People Stop Doubting by duduspace(m): 3:57am On Dec 20, 2008
LadyT:

I hate bible bashers.

But if you ask questions expect answers

As I said being a Christian is a way of life and we have a right to defend the way we live our lives.

I must go to bed.

Night everyone

tongue  kiss

I expected answers but those I got didn't sound genuine rather sounded like contrived answers leading to further confusion.

Aren't you supposed to love us unconditionally?

Yes you do and you should but not by deception or not facing up to obvious flaws in the dogma.

Angels north, angels south, east and west just do your best to guard and keep her while she sleeps.

A good lullaby isn't it? tongue
Re: God Please Come Down And Show Yourself So People Stop Doubting by Nobody: 3:58am On Dec 20, 2008
duduspace:

Something still stinks here, maybe the emerods on the phillistines wink but its a pity you don's smell it or rather yu don't see it,

1. Why kill some and not all of the phillistines, why the unequal treatment? still quite some inconsistency  but maybe it was because he needed someone to bring the Ark back abi?

and you still largely dodged my other 2 questions and you can change my use of "approach" to "touch" rather than your sermonizing about approaching the mercy seat.

there is nothing stinking here dear dudu . . . its funny how you desperately struggle to find something to claim. You werent even aware the philistines suffered ANY repercussions in the first place.  grin

Not all the philistines died because not all of them touched the ark, infact only very few did.

What are your 2 questions i dodged? post them CLEARLY so i can see them. You people and your mysterious claims of dodging.  cheesy
Re: God Please Come Down And Show Yourself So People Stop Doubting by Nobody: 4:01am On Dec 20, 2008
huxley:

Stumped, erhm. I knew you couldn't lest you tie yourself in all sorts of knots as is your wont.

stumped? cheesy

You posted a verse and could not answer a basic question of what it meant . . . and you claim i'm the one stumped? grin grin O boy na wa for you o. If i was "stumped" i wouldnt have pointed out that most important point for you in the first place.

duduspace:

Facts and corroborative evidence that you have to labour so much to bring out and which when brought out further contradicts other portions of the same scripture that you hold as absolute truth.
You see what you want to see my guy, that is why we never stop hearing of 666 and the antichrist. Even some idiots beleive that a certain Nostradamus has seen all that is going to happen to all of us abi no be so.

1. Labour so much to bring out because the bible isnt a novel that you read in 5 mins and run away with complete information. We have to go back and start reading the law to you one after the other.

2. Further contradictions? Of course the ones you forcefully want to push in there so you can continue hyperventilating.

3. True dear, you see only what you want to see. Thank you for accurately explaining your position.

Make i play Age of empires III while you people are still scratching ur scraggly heads. grin
Re: God Please Come Down And Show Yourself So People Stop Doubting by huxley(m): 4:02am On Dec 20, 2008
davidylan:

there is nothing stinking here dear dudu . . . its funny how you desperately struggle to find something to claim. You werent even aware the philistines suffered ANY repercussions in the first place.  grin

Not all the philistines died because not all of them touched the ark, infact only very few did.

What are your 2 questions i dodged? post them CLEARLY so i can see them. You people and your mysterious claims of dodging.  cheesy

How does it matter?  One drop of a human's blood is bad enough.  Your god has million of innocent on his hand.  What a barbaric monster. I bet Jesus is swiming in a pool of their blood right now.
Re: God Please Come Down And Show Yourself So People Stop Doubting by huxley(m): 4:09am On Dec 20, 2008
davidylan:

stumped? cheesy

You posted a verse and could not answer a basic question of what it meant . . . and you claim i'm the one stumped? grin grin O boy na wa for you o. If i was "stumped" i wouldnt have pointed out that most important point for you in the first place.

Still no answer. In fact, why do you think your understanding of the verse is better than mine?
Re: God Please Come Down And Show Yourself So People Stop Doubting by duduspace(m): 4:09am On Dec 20, 2008
davidylan:

Don't be too sure I wasn't aware that the phillistines did suffer repercussions, I was only referring to those who brought the Ark back.

If all those that touched it died, Please how did they bring it back? besides werent they supposed to die immediately on touching the ark? own up my brother, your God is not consistent, he flip flops.

Besides, in no place in the bible does it make this clarification you are making. Are  yu sure you are not writing your own bible?
Re: God Please Come Down And Show Yourself So People Stop Doubting by duduspace(m): 4:14am On Dec 20, 2008
davidylan:

stumped? cheesy

1. Labour so much to bring out because the bible isnt a novel that you read in 5 mins and run away with complete information. We have to go back and start reading the law to you one after the other.

2. Further contradictions? Of course the ones you forcefully want to push in there so you can continue hyperventilating.

3. True dear, you see only what you want to see. Thank you for accurately explaining your position.

Make i play Age of empires III while you people are still scratching ur scraggly heads. grin

Another prime example of your hypocrisy, if I was the one putting the contradictions there, why the number of christian denominations? why can't you even all agree on one meaning for the bible?
Bros, pls stop patching a leaky bucket and buy a new one.
Re: God Please Come Down And Show Yourself So People Stop Doubting by bawomolo(m): 4:26am On Dec 20, 2008
oga davidylan, are you saying a book written by man (inspired by God blah blah blah) can be error proof?
Re: God Please Come Down And Show Yourself So People Stop Doubting by Nobody: 4:31am On Dec 20, 2008
duduspace:

If all those that touched it died, Please how did they bring it back? besides werent they supposed to die immediately on touching the ark? own up my brother, your God is not consistent, he flip flops.

Priests brought them back . . . go back and read the scriptures again.  grin
Uzzah died immediately . . . there is no flip flop there save for the ones you want to deliberately see.

duduspace:

Another prime example of your hypocrisy, if I was the one putting the contradictions there, why the number of christian denominations? why can't you even all agree on one meaning for the bible?
Bros, please stop patching a leaky bucket and buy a new one.

where? We've suddenly changed the subject to denominations? Confused arent we . . . grin

huxley:

Still no answer. In fact, why do you think your understanding of the verse is better than mine?

where is your own answer? I asked you  first. And besides you brought up the verse . . . i am not obliged to tell you the answer. Go study up on your own charges first before making a fool of yourself next time. I save answers for serious individuals.
Re: God Please Come Down And Show Yourself So People Stop Doubting by Nobody: 4:32am On Dec 20, 2008
bawomolo:

oga davidylan, are you saying a book written by man (inspired by God blah blah blah) can be error proof?

i'm saying before you come here making a fool of yourself make sure you come clad with error-proof claims.
Re: God Please Come Down And Show Yourself So People Stop Doubting by bawomolo(m): 4:34am On Dec 20, 2008
davidylan:

i'm saying before you come here making a fool of yourself make sure you come clad with error-proof claims.

oh ok, so is the bible error-proof or not?
Re: God Please Come Down And Show Yourself So People Stop Doubting by Nobody: 4:37am On Dec 20, 2008
Good night guys. I have a game to play . . . i thot i was bantering with people who have something beyond cottonwool upstairs.  cheesy

Duduspace cant even maintain one narrative. Jumping from place to place.

first he had no clue why Uzzah died . . . we had to tell him

Next he didnt know the repercussions the philistines faced . . . we had to tell him

He didnt know who brought the ark back . . . we again had to tell him

and he blames God for flip flopping? If only he could maintain one story. Its the sad tale of the deluded athiest.

As for Huxley . . . no difference . . . brings up a verse and doesnt even understand it at all. Ask him salient questions and he either deceptfully tries to force you to answer them or he shies away by changing the subject.

do these people even have the brain they cry about?

Dudu said it was "brain" that made him "question" the bible . . . we examine his "questions" and lo and behold they are found to be lacking basic knowledge and intelligence.  shocked

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) ... (34) (Reply)

Stephanie Otobo: Apostle Suleman Is Innocent And I Don't Know Festus Keyamo / Prophet T O Obadare Is Dead / Catholic Priest Fixing A Badly Damaged Road In Rivers State

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 122
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.