Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,168,913 members, 7,872,952 topics. Date: Thursday, 27 June 2024 at 05:16 AM

Nigerian Army May Not Release Buhari's Certificate - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nigerian Army May Not Release Buhari's Certificate (819 Views)

Army May Arrest Nnamdi Kanu Over IPOB Women Protest / Ipob Press Release: Buhari And His Agents Disgraced Again / Why Buhari Did Not Release Details Of Stolen Asset Recovered– Lai Mohammed (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Nigerian Army May Not Release Buhari's Certificate by Nobody: 5:10pm On Jan 07, 2015
After discussion on this certificate issue this morning with some friends online and offline, i decided to do more research online and offline.

below are my findings:

the freedom of information act sec 14 states that:

(1) Subject to subsection (2), a public institution must deny an application for information that contains personal
information and information exempted under this subsection includes
:

"personnel files and personal information maintained with respect to employees, appointees or elected officials of any public institution or applicants for such positions"

HOWEVER:

14(2) A public institution shall disclose any information that contains personal information if -
(a) the individual to whom it relates consents to the disclosure;
or

14 (3) "Where disclosure of any information referred to in this section would be in the public interest, and if the
public interest in the disclosure of such information clearly outweighs the protection of the privacy of the
individual to whom such information relates, the public institution to whom request for disclosure is made
shall disclose such information subject to Section 14 (2) of this Act"

based on the forgoing, i have decided to rest my case on this matter and advice others to do so except they can obtain his consent for us to apply to the Nigerian Army but the truth is, if he will not apply, why would i expect him to grant his consent for its release.

Convincing the Nigerian army that the benefit outweighs the privacy is another issue.
Re: Nigerian Army May Not Release Buhari's Certificate by blemon44(m): 5:12pm On Jan 07, 2015
buhari has already gone back to school
Re: Nigerian Army May Not Release Buhari's Certificate by temitemi1(m): 5:15pm On Jan 07, 2015
Buhari where is ur certificate GEJ till buhari produce his certificate...
Re: Nigerian Army May Not Release Buhari's Certificate by Oluwatosean(m): 5:21pm On Jan 07, 2015
Y ppu cum dey serious abt dis certificate tin
Re: Nigerian Army May Not Release Buhari's Certificate by Nobody: 5:29pm On Jan 07, 2015
#BringBackBuhari'sCertificate-

*in oby's voice* All we are saying is #BringBackBuhari'sCertificate. Now and on live TV!
Re: Nigerian Army May Not Release Buhari's Certificate by Firefire(m): 5:30pm On Jan 07, 2015
useless man called Buhari cannot rule this country again angry angry angry angry angry angry angry

Re: Nigerian Army May Not Release Buhari's Certificate by Nobody: 7:42pm On Jan 07, 2015
Guess we can now put this issue to rest cool

(1) (Reply)

Jonathan Wants Buhari Disqualified / Balogun Market Is On Fire! / PDP Enticing Touts And Market Women With Money For Their Rally In Ibadan

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.