Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,171,268 members, 7,881,029 topics. Date: Friday, 05 July 2024 at 11:08 AM

What Is The Cheapest Way To Deal With P0420? - Car Talk (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / What Is The Cheapest Way To Deal With P0420? (9622 Views)

Five Common Roadside Emergencies And How To Deal With Them / .. / 5 Ways To Buy The Cheapest Cars In Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Is The Cheapest Way To Deal With P0420? by IdaraCHODB(m): 4:59am On Jan 31, 2015
adanny01:

I would have, but where and 5k for something that may or may not work. I have asked on a post above who knew where and got no answers. I got tired of looking for it even showing them pictures, most part dealers had no idea. The fabrication parts and labour isnt more than 1k. Besides "Cheapest Way To Deal With P0420?" is the thread's title.

Anyone needing spacers in abuja should send me a PM
Re: What Is The Cheapest Way To Deal With P0420? by Emperoh(m): 10:39pm On Feb 28, 2015
IdaraCHODB:

Anyone needing spacers in abuja should send me a PM

Are you based in Abuja?
Re: What Is The Cheapest Way To Deal With P0420? by Ngutor(m): 3:57pm On Mar 01, 2015
I drive a 2005 Honda Accord I4 and am not a bit impressed with MPG. A journey of 300km sets me back by at least 40ltrs. Weda I do 140kmh or 100kmh, Ac or no Ac. My friends 2004 Honda Accord does less than 30ltrs over same distance and drive conditions. I maintain factory recommended tyres and pressure, recommended engine oil, changed oxygen sensor, air filter, spark plugs, maintain right coolant. I dont know what else to do again o. Although I get P0420 on and off. It might come on in one drive cycle and go off in another, might not come up again for 3 days or more and then pop up and refuse to go till I clear it with a scan tool
Re: What Is The Cheapest Way To Deal With P0420? by adanny01(m): 1:31am On Mar 02, 2015
Ngutor:
I drive a 2005 Honda Accord I4 and am not a bit impressed with MPG. A journey of 300km sets me back by at least 40ltrs. Weda I do 140kmh or 100kmh, Ac or no Ac. My friends 2004 Honda Accord does less than 30ltrs over same distance and drive conditions. I maintain factory recommended tyres and pressure, recommended engine oil, changed oxygen sensor, air filter, spark plugs, maintain right coolant. I dont know what else to do again o. Although I get P0420 on and off. It might come on in one drive cycle and go off in another, might not come up again for 3 days or more and then pop up and refuse to go till I clear it with a scan tool

In my opinion, you exagerated a little. 7.5KM/L or 17.64mpg is too bad for a Honda accord I4. Your friends 23.52mpg is more like it for a 03-5 accord I4. Factory specs say 24mpg city and 32mpg highway.

My only thought is can it be that bad like yours even with a fault. Unless there is a hole in the gas tank. P0420 will cause bad mileage but not as bad as you have.
Re: What Is The Cheapest Way To Deal With P0420? by Ngutor(m): 6:34am On Mar 02, 2015
adanny01:

In my opinion, you exagerated a little. 7.5KM/L or 17.64mpg is too bad for a Honda accord I4. Your friends 23.52mpg is more like it for a 03-5 accord I4. Factory specs say 24mpg city and 32mpg highway.

My only thought is can it be that bad like yours even with a fault. Unless there is a hole in the gas tank. P0420 will cause bad mileage but not as bad as you have.
Well that is a trip do I twice almost every weekend for the past two years with the same car. I should know.Though my fuel gauge never gets to the full mark ( I spent some money on this and it didn't rectify so I let it be)so I thought that was where the error lay, but nothing beats filling up and driving to your destination and filling up again. What plugs and oil are you running on yours?
Re: What Is The Cheapest Way To Deal With P0420? by adanny01(m): 9:38am On Mar 02, 2015
Ngutor:

Well that is a trip do I twice almost every weekend for the past two years with the same car. I should know.Though my fuel gauge never gets to the full mark ( I spent some money on this and it didn't rectify so I let it be)so I thought that was where the error lay, but nothing beats filling up and driving to your destination and filling up again. What plugs and oil are you running on yours?

I am running NGK plugs IZFR6K-13 or so with milemaster 5w20. I know plugs contribute alot to good or bad mileage same as air filter. I hope you are not judging you fuel consumption by your gauge? The correct way to know how much you have used is to refill at the same pump in the last fill up station. Also when the pump clicks you stop and use the same next time. These is a control measure to remove some sources of errors like leveling of using different filling stations or their pump delivery accuracy.
Re: What Is The Cheapest Way To Deal With P0420? by Ngutor(m): 5:55pm On Mar 02, 2015
adanny01:

I am running NGK plugs IZFR6K-13 or so with milemaster 5w20. I know plugs contribute alot to good or bad mileage same as air filter. I hope you are not judging you fuel consumption by your gauge? The correct way to know how much you have used is to refill at the same pump in the last fill up station. Also when the pump clicks you stop and use the same next time. These is a control measure to remove some sources of errors like leveling of using different filling stations or their pump delivery accuracy.
Thank you sir. I use the same oil sourced from Konga and the plugs too. Forgot the exact plugs but they are supposed to be Iridium. Where did you source yours, so that I can try the plugs at least. As I said earlier am not basing my judgement from the gauge but by buying from same station both ways. So I know. Consumption does not change with AC or not. But if I maintain less than 100kmh through out the trip I notice a slight[b][/b] improvement
Re: What Is The Cheapest Way To Deal With P0420? by Paulasio: 3:24pm On Jun 22, 2020
lonelydora:

Please how did you do it? Where did you buy the spacer? Where and how much did you buy your catalyst? I am in Port Harcourt, can you help me buy it?

Good day sir, where u able to get the O2 sensor adapter eventually? How were u able to solve the PO420 code on your car?

Am also based in Port Harcourt. I have search for the O2 sensor adapter in the whole ikoku market with pictures but they don't seem to know about it.
Re: What Is The Cheapest Way To Deal With P0420? by ThuGnificenX: 9:44am On Jan 05, 2021
Paulasio:

Good day sir, where u able to get the O2 sensor adapter eventually? How were u able to solve the PO420 code on your car?

Am also based in Port Harcourt. I have search for the O2 sensor adapter in the whole ikoku market with pictures but they don't seem to know about it.
good morning bro, how where you able to solve this issue? I have the same problem in this port Harcourt but I don't know where to get that thing from. I use a camry 09
Re: What Is The Cheapest Way To Deal With P0420? by Babalawoniger: 4:36pm On Jan 05, 2021
make sure u replace with the correct parts number that fit for your car, else, it will still not work.

Okay, this is better. But I will soon travel to Ibadan. If I enter Agodi Gates spareparts market, I will ask and purchase them. Do I need to take my bad A/F sensor along with me or ask for a Highlander's 2AZ-FE engine A/F sensor without taking the faulty sensor along with me?

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

The Toyota / Lexus Hybrid Thread. / Meet The Man With 7,000 Luxurious Cars(sultan Of Brunei) / Let's Talk About Car Problems And Instant Solutions

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.