Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,183,843 members, 7,922,022 topics. Date: Thursday, 15 August 2024 at 04:56 PM

Arikair-ticket.co.uk...scam SCAM SCAM Alart - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Arikair-ticket.co.uk...scam SCAM SCAM Alart (803 Views)

Recession Bites Hard, My Experience On Arikair Yesterday / Arikair Is The Worst Airline In Nigeria / My Experience With Arikair In Lagos & London. Same Company Double Standards!!! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Arikair-ticket.co.uk...scam SCAM SCAM Alart by ultimatemale: 4:48pm On Jan 08, 2015
http://arikair-ticket.co.uk/destination/Lagos.html
Very important that everyone understands that this is a website set up by scammers

They offer low price, then when you pay into their account, they now come up with the following excuses-

[start quote]

"Dear Sir,

I am sending you this email to update you regarding the Promotional fare with Arik Airline on which we booked the flight for you. Your fare was expired by the airline that’s why your reservation has been cancelled and been automatically booked with the new fare because that fare was valid for yesterday only and we have got your payment this morning, I have told you earlier about that. I tried to keep this offer on the system. As mentioned in the flight agreement and terms & Condition, if airline increase their fare or taxes then we shall not be responsible and passenger will have to pay the difference. We have received 492 pounds from your side. Today now the flight of Arik Airline is coming up in 652.36 pounds in your desire dates. Please pay the remaining balance of GBP: 160.36 immediately so that we can issue the ticket right away.

And ​if you wish to cancel your reservation with us, for that you can read the instructions in the flight agreement. There is GBP: 175 is the cancellation charges of the Booking plus the loss of deposit if you paid any and it will be done on the 25th of January.
Flight Agreement and Terms & Conditions is attached with this Email.​ You have to follow the Refund Policies in this way and will be able to get GBP: 317
Your kind co-operation and earliest response in this regard will be Highly Appreciated.
​Waiting for the Prompt Response." [end quote]

Am sure once i even decide to pay the extra balance of £160.36, they'll increase the price again.

I called up so many times and keep speaking to the same operator going by the name "BEN AUSTIN" even though he has a strong Indian accent. He was really rude, would not let me speak to anyone else let alone the manager. He keeps on putting the phone down on me also.

Just want to let you guys know to avoid the site.

1 Like

Re: Arikair-ticket.co.uk...scam SCAM SCAM Alart by uzhi(m): 8:58pm On Jan 08, 2015
Wonder shall never end. Thsnks
Re: Arikair-ticket.co.uk...scam SCAM SCAM Alart by abuyuunus: 9:03pm On Jan 08, 2015
Chai.....

This is serious.
Re: Arikair-ticket.co.uk...scam SCAM SCAM Alart by Nobody: 10:18pm On Jan 08, 2015
Its unfortunate
This issue was highlighted last year when people were scammed by Arik airline look alike sites.

I tell people to always book their tickets direct with the airline. Do a proper google search and pick the correct one.

Have you contacted trading standards? They may be able to help you get your money back.

I looked at the small print on the website and the bastarrds have covered themselves by saying the prices quoted are not live

I hope you get your money back

In future, always book direct with the airline.

This is the link to the official Arik website

http://www.arikair.com/uk

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

NCAA Suspends Discovery Airways AOC / British Airways Flight Is Aborted Just Minutes After Take-off - Guess Why / Top 5 Tricks To Keep Your Skin Hydrated On A Long Flight

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.