Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,187,591 members, 7,932,810 topics. Date: Tuesday, 27 August 2024 at 12:59 PM

MEND Endorsement: Niger Delta People Are With Me, Jonathan Tells Buhari - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / MEND Endorsement: Niger Delta People Are With Me, Jonathan Tells Buhari (2014 Views)

Expect More Good Works From Me – Jonathan Tells Nigerians / May 29 Handover Date Sacrosanct, Jonathan Tells US / MEND Leader, Henry Okah Was Paid To Assassinate Me - Jonathan (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

MEND Endorsement: Niger Delta People Are With Me, Jonathan Tells Buhari by idumuose(m): 7:44pm On Jan 08, 2015
[size=19pt]MEND Endorsement: Niger Delta People Are With Me, Jonathan Tells Buhari [/size]

by Channels Television  .  Jan 8, 2015

President Goodluck Jonathan has advised the APC presidential candidate, General Muhammadu Buhari, not to “place any stock on MEND’s alleged endorsement” of his presidential ambition as the people of Niger-Delta remain behind him.

This is contained in a statement by the Special Adviser to the President on Media & Publicity, Dr. Reuben Abati, on Thursday.

The statement read; “We have noted with amusement, the vituperations against President Goodluck Ebele Jonathan by the renegade faction of the Movement for the Emancipation of the Niger Delta (MEND) headed by the convicted terrorist, Henry Okah, in a statement issued to endorse the presidential candidate of the All Progressives Congress (APC), Gen. Muhammadu Buhari.

“While we thank all people of the Niger Delta, including the former militants whom MEND claims to represent who have already disassociated themselves from the statement issued by the faceless Jomo Gbomo and reaffirmed their unflinching support for President Jonathan’s re-election, we will like to state that the latest assault on the President by Henry Okah and his stooges did not come as a surprise to us at all.

“It was very much to be expected, coming as it did from an individual and group who have never hidden their vengeful personal animosity against the President and who have even gone to the extent of launching murderous assaults on venues at which the President was present on two occasions.

“It is most regrettable indeed that rather than show remorse for the terrorist acts against his fatherland for which he is now rightly serving a term of imprisonment in South Africa, Henry Okah continues to pursue a pointless personal vendetta against President Jonathan who continues to advance and protect the interests of the people of the Niger Delta which Okah and his group threatened with their misguided actions.

“The vituperations against President Jonathan in the MEND statement endorsing General Buhari are mischievous, baseless and deliberately styled to denigrate the good works of the President.

“It is well known that President Jonathan played a significant role in ending the militancy and insurgency in the Niger Delta.

“Under his watch, the destruction of oil facilities and the incessant kidnapping and killing of expatriates in the Niger Delta waterways have become a thing of the past.

“The attempt by Jomo Gbomo’s MEND to rewrite history by tarnishing the person of President Jonathan for selfish, pecuniary and political gains will amount to an exercise in futility.

“All patriotic and right-thinking Nigerians must consider an endorsement from a convicted criminal and his group who harbor evil intentions against the unity and progress of their country as a poisoned chalice.

“President Jonathan would never have accepted such an endorsement from terrorists and renegades.”

He concluded, “The President therefore advises General Buhari not to place any stock on his purported endorsement by the renegade faction of MEND which is led by a convicted and unrepentant terrorist with whom no leader who truly means well for Nigeria should be associated.”

Source : Channels TV

Re: MEND Endorsement: Niger Delta People Are With Me, Jonathan Tells Buhari by 9jvirgin(m): 7:47pm On Jan 08, 2015
MEND is a one man show. Next.
Re: MEND Endorsement: Niger Delta People Are With Me, Jonathan Tells Buhari by idumuose(m): 7:49pm On Jan 08, 2015
Timipriye Sylva your desire to deliver Bayelsa to Buhari is a pipe dream.

4 Likes

Re: MEND Endorsement: Niger Delta People Are With Me, Jonathan Tells Buhari by Ilekeh(f): 7:50pm On Jan 08, 2015
Awww is Goodyluk feeling left out?!!!

Is he crying because his brothers favor Buhari better than him?

2 Likes

Re: MEND Endorsement: Niger Delta People Are With Me, Jonathan Tells Buhari by ORACLE1975(m): 7:54pm On Jan 08, 2015
story...u have no plan 4nigerians why?

1 Like

Re: MEND Endorsement: Niger Delta People Are With Me, Jonathan Tells Buhari by idumuose(m): 7:54pm On Jan 08, 2015
Ilekeh:
Awww is Goodyluk feeling left out?!!!

Is he cryuing because his brothers favor Buhari better than him?

Does the picture above look like the picture of someone who is left out?

1 Like

Re: MEND Endorsement: Niger Delta People Are With Me, Jonathan Tells Buhari by Ilekeh(f): 7:55pm On Jan 08, 2015
idumuose:

No, he looks like a left out, clueless, and incompetent PAST Nigerian president.

2 Likes

Re: MEND Endorsement: Niger Delta People Are With Me, Jonathan Tells Buhari by Nobody: 8:00pm On Jan 08, 2015
idumuose:

No, snake man. But he does look clueless.

4 Likes

Re: MEND Endorsement: Niger Delta People Are With Me, Jonathan Tells Buhari by azimibraun: 8:04pm On Jan 08, 2015
When the Scottish people wanted to vote in a referendum on whether to remain in the UK or self actualize, I watched on CNN were a father said he will vote for the referendum and the son said he would vote against the referendum. That is a father and Son staying in the same house. I mean THESAME house. What the heck is wrong with the almost appearing cursed ppl of Nigeria? Must everybody believe in one thing? How are we so wayward in our reasoning like this? Ah!

2 Likes

Re: MEND Endorsement: Niger Delta People Are With Me, Jonathan Tells Buhari by RAFIC(m): 8:04pm On Jan 08, 2015
we know mends statement is a propaganda as well as most of the allegations and counter allegations going on. THEY ARE ALL ELECTION GAMES.....
Re: MEND Endorsement: Niger Delta People Are With Me, Jonathan Tells Buhari by Zakkyoz: 8:05pm On Jan 08, 2015
Jonathan has not seen anything. Has he ever visited maiduguri since all these bomblast. Will his conscience permits him to campaign in borno?

1 Like

Re: MEND Endorsement: Niger Delta People Are With Me, Jonathan Tells Buhari by phlemzy: 8:11pm On Jan 08, 2015
Mr president should tell the electorate the cost of keeping the likes of tompolo & asariDokubo peaceful. Part of what milked the nation dry.

1 Like

Re: MEND Endorsement: Niger Delta People Are With Me, Jonathan Tells Buhari by Dlionsheart: 8:17pm On Jan 08, 2015
@ op, u be original mumu. Na all Niger delta be MEND?

1 Like

Re: MEND Endorsement: Niger Delta People Are With Me, Jonathan Tells Buhari by Redoil: 8:18pm On Jan 08, 2015
phlemzy:
Mr president should tell the electorate the cost of keeping the likes of tompolo & asariDokubo peaceful. Part of what milked the nation dry.
tell me something so na ur milk gej take dey feed asari and tompolo?
The party you are figthing for is turning you into another thing.
You need help urgently

1 Like

Re: MEND Endorsement: Niger Delta People Are With Me, Jonathan Tells Buhari by idumuose(m): 8:28pm On Jan 08, 2015
eighTHREAD:
No, snake man. But he does look clueless.

I can see you are always visiting job and vacancies section.

Your prayer has been answered bro.

Can you take care of my two dogs, spikes and scott?

Salary =10k per month.

Accommodation and feeding is free.

Pm me cos i know you are interested.

That is my big contribution to your life.

You can always thank me later

‎​meawhile let's vote massively for GOODLUCK EBELE AZIKIWE JONATHAN, come Feb. 2015.

2 Likes

Re: MEND Endorsement: Niger Delta People Are With Me, Jonathan Tells Buhari by chimerase2: 8:42pm On Jan 08, 2015
Presido we re behind u jare cheesy

1 Like

Re: MEND Endorsement: Niger Delta People Are With Me, Jonathan Tells Buhari by Nobody: 8:47pm On Jan 08, 2015
idumuose:

I can see you are always visiting job and vacancies section.

Your prayer has been answered bro.

Can you take care of my two dogs, spikes and scott?

Salary =10k per month.

Accommodation and feeding is free.

Pm me cos i know you are interested.

That is my big contribution to your life.

You can always thank me later

‎​meawhile let's vote massively for GOODLUCK EBELE AZIKIWE JONATHAN, come Feb. 2015.
if you really have 2 dogs, I don't think you'd be interested in the crumbs GEJ gives you. Is there any crime visiting the job section in search of better jobs? To me, the sky is the limit, so I'll continue searching for the pasture that is greenest unlike you who settles for crumbs from GEJ. Snake man, how far na? grin

4 Likes

Re: MEND Endorsement: Niger Delta People Are With Me, Jonathan Tells Buhari by idumuose(m): 9:00pm On Jan 08, 2015
eighTHREAD:
if you really have 2 dogs, I don't think you'd be interested in the crumbs GEJ gives you. Is there any crime visiting the job section in search of better jobs? To me, the sky is the limit, so I'll continue searching for the pasture that is greenest unlike you who settles for crumbs from GEJ. Snake man, how far na? grin
N10,000 per month job i offered you is what you are worth.Be walking aimlessly in Ogbomosho looking for a job that someone else created when you can also create a job.Use your brain bro.

Meanwhile vote for Jonathan.

3 Likes

Re: MEND Endorsement: Niger Delta People Are With Me, Jonathan Tells Buhari by yommyphresh(m): 9:02pm On Jan 08, 2015
[size=99pt]ko kan aye![/size]
Re: MEND Endorsement: Niger Delta People Are With Me, Jonathan Tells Buhari by Nobody: 9:05pm On Jan 08, 2015
idumuose:

N10,000 per month job i offered you is what you are worth.Be walking aimlessly in Ogbomosho looking for a job that someone else created when you can also create a job.Use your brain bro.

Meanwhile vote for Jonathan.
MUGU. come to iju, you can find me there employing buddahmonk to paint for me. I once saw you dancing with big pythons, are dogs now your latest pets, snake man?

4 Likes

Re: MEND Endorsement: Niger Delta People Are With Me, Jonathan Tells Buhari by Vicotex(m): 9:05pm On Jan 08, 2015
#failbuhari

Re: MEND Endorsement: Niger Delta People Are With Me, Jonathan Tells Buhari by idumuose(m): 9:48pm On Jan 08, 2015
eighTHREAD:
MUGU. come to iju, you can find me there employing buddahmonk to paint for me. I once saw you dancing with big pythons, are dogs now your latest pets, snake man?
My friend stop lying jor.You live in ogbomosho.See ogbomosho man claiming Ijugringrin grin

10k is what you are worth per month cos i know you don't earn such as a motorpark tou.tgringrin grin
Re: MEND Endorsement: Niger Delta People Are With Me, Jonathan Tells Buhari by Nobody: 10:34pm On Jan 08, 2015
idumuose:

My friend stop lying jor.You live in ogbomosho.See ogbomosho man claiming Ijugringrin grin

10k is what you are worth per month cos i know you don't earn such as a motorpark tou.tgringrin grin
do you mind meeting me at iju tmrw? Don't run away like customized13 did when barcanista asked to meet him o!

1 Like

Re: MEND Endorsement: Niger Delta People Are With Me, Jonathan Tells Buhari by theV0ice: 10:39pm On Jan 08, 2015
Hope there'll be no complaints if GMB makes the claim that all the northwest are with him despite the fruitless labours of yero, shema etc?

Hope nobody will accuse GMB of tribalism then?
Re: MEND Endorsement: Niger Delta People Are With Me, Jonathan Tells Buhari by Juliaann(f): 10:40pm On Jan 08, 2015
Yes o GEJ we are behind you come rain come sun

GEJ till Buhari dance shokigrin

in fact GEJ till Buhari pronounce PDP very well

1 Like

Re: MEND Endorsement: Niger Delta People Are With Me, Jonathan Tells Buhari by aare07(m): 10:50pm On Jan 08, 2015
Can somebody tell the fraction of Niger Delta?
Sai Buhari, 19 states in north are solidly behind GMB

2 Likes

Re: MEND Endorsement: Niger Delta People Are With Me, Jonathan Tells Buhari by meracool(m): 11:02pm On Jan 08, 2015
After Reading and Hearing All what GEJ said at the Lagos Rally. i shook Because He was Just ranting like a Deluded Kid. Kept talking without Saying anything that will warrant him a second Term..

I Just Pray that all Nigerians Should embrace the CHANGE coming Via GMB..

Vote APC.

1 Like

Re: MEND Endorsement: Niger Delta People Are With Me, Jonathan Tells Buhari by Adminisher: 11:02pm On Jan 08, 2015
idumuose:

He looks like he is faking not being left out.
Re: MEND Endorsement: Niger Delta People Are With Me, Jonathan Tells Buhari by Adminisher: 11:05pm On Jan 08, 2015
aare07:
Can somebody tell the fraction of Niger Delta?
Sai Buhari, 19 states in north are solidly behind GMB

The north is uniting after the fake story that Buhari does not have certificates. It appears only half of the SE and SS will vote Jonathan this time around. We will see everything live in 39days.
Re: MEND Endorsement: Niger Delta People Are With Me, Jonathan Tells Buhari by idumuose(m): 11:10pm On Jan 08, 2015
eighTHREAD:
do you mind meeting me at iju tmrw? Don't run away like customized13 did when barcanista asked to meet him o!
It was ilugunboy who invited customized and not barcanista.

You mean i should leave my work and go to iju to see you? The way you sound it's like you are visiting Iju from ogbomosho for the first time.

You must be excited seeing flyovers for the first time.Ask your host to take you to shoprite,yes,shoprite.The one that is located in Alausa.

Warning : make sure you control your itchy fingers lest you steal as usual.We call what you indulge in "pilfering".It's appears as though stealing is in you blood,is it?

Try that and you do your voting in kirikiri.Afterall inec said it's possible bandits in Nigeria prisons will vote in february.
Re: MEND Endorsement: Niger Delta People Are With Me, Jonathan Tells Buhari by idumuose(m): 11:22pm On Jan 08, 2015
Adminisher:

He looks like he is faking not being left out.
Do you know that a handshake with Jonathan will change your life?

Do you also know that a picture taken with Jonathan will open doors for you?

Jonathan does not need people,it's people that need him.
Re: MEND Endorsement: Niger Delta People Are With Me, Jonathan Tells Buhari by Nobody: 11:24pm On Jan 08, 2015
idumuose:

It was ilugunboy who invited customized and not barcanista.
did customized13 show up? No

idumuose:
You mean i should leave my work and go to iju to see you? The way you sound it's like you are visiting Iju from ogbomosho for the first time.
shut up, confirmed snake man! Am a born, bred and buttered lagosian with origin in ogbomosho. The whole of ogba/ikeja/agege/iju is my hood. Meet me there tomorrow instead of dodging.

idumuose:
You must be excited seeing flyovers for the first time.Ask your host to take you to shopriten,yes,shoprite.The one that is located @ Alausa.
look below to see my sweet girl and my handsome self at silverbird cinema, shoprite ikeja
Last xmas. By the way, I don't think you've ever been to lagos before. See ibo man trying to tell me about lagos.
idumuose:
Warning : make sure you control your itchy from lest you steal as usual.We call what you indulge in "pilfering".
not everyone steals like you

idumuose:
Try that and you do your voting in kirikiri.Afterall inec said it's possible bandits in Nigeria prisons will vote in february.
shut up, confirmed snake man! Am a born, bred and buttered lagosian with origin in ogbomosho. [/quote]kirikiri is only meant for TANoids after FEBuhari.

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

Jonathan Refuses Help From UN Forces To Tackle Boko Haram / The 2015 Macabre Elections In Rivers State: Amaechi’s Magic Wand To The Rescue / How To Safe Yoruba People From Obvious Danger –gani Adams

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.