Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,171,223 members, 7,880,821 topics. Date: Friday, 05 July 2024 at 07:29 AM

Reasons Why Young Nigerians Find It Difficult To Gain Admission In Nigeria - Education (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Reasons Why Young Nigerians Find It Difficult To Gain Admission In Nigeria (24161 Views)

Less Competitive Universities In Nigeria You Can Easily Gain Admission In 2017 / Unilorin: Less Than 11,000 to Gain Admission Out Of 103,238 Applicants / These Courses Are Difficult To Have First-class In. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Reasons Why Young Nigerians Find It Difficult To Gain Admission In Nigeria by Nobody: 6:21pm On Jan 09, 2015
*observing*
Re: Reasons Why Young Nigerians Find It Difficult To Gain Admission In Nigeria by samuelmag: 6:28pm On Jan 09, 2015
This is Nigeria all U do is study hard,prayers,good connection to som1 in ur institution of choice cos grades is not all dat matas,admision process has been corrupted.I have seen people with gud grades,jamb score n post utme scores fail to gain admision in courses dey are over qualified for....thank God jamb now give admision on merit for dos wu get hy marks
Re: Reasons Why Young Nigerians Find It Difficult To Gain Admission In Nigeria by basholodan(m): 6:30pm On Jan 09, 2015
I was unable to check d statistics, is meant for registered centres only because it request for username n password... any help please notify

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Reasons Why Young Nigerians Find It Difficult To Gain Admission In Nigeria by lilcutie8916(m): 6:40pm On Jan 09, 2015
Please is it advisable for one to apply for preliminary
Re: Reasons Why Young Nigerians Find It Difficult To Gain Admission In Nigeria by sammyomotola: 7:23pm On Jan 09, 2015
basholodan:
I was unable to check d statistics, is meant for registered centres only because it request for username n password... any help please notify
Same here, I want to check d stat
Re: Reasons Why Young Nigerians Find It Difficult To Gain Admission In Nigeria by Vickfrank62(m): 7:28pm On Jan 09, 2015
Nice topic op but there is something I don't get Must everybody be a Medical doctor there are better courses you can put in For......Goodluck Lads#No substitute for hardwork

1 Like

Re: Reasons Why Young Nigerians Find It Difficult To Gain Admission In Nigeria by bolaji3071(m): 7:35pm On Jan 09, 2015
FUTA--CHEMISTRY....dis year by God's grace ooo...
Re: Reasons Why Young Nigerians Find It Difficult To Gain Admission In Nigeria by Dani4tech(m): 7:35pm On Jan 09, 2015
Guys pls i need urgent help...i just realised that during my jamb registeration i ticked Waec & Neco as the '0' level exams i took,whereas i took only waec...i hope this won't have any side effects in the future?
Re: Reasons Why Young Nigerians Find It Difficult To Gain Admission In Nigeria by wenson(m): 7:36pm On Jan 09, 2015
@Op I wasn't able 2 access it o wats wrong na? d third pic didn't show lyk dat on my phone
Re: Reasons Why Young Nigerians Find It Difficult To Gain Admission In Nigeria by Eniqurl(f): 7:37pm On Jan 09, 2015
Wishinq dm Best Of Luck.
Re: Reasons Why Young Nigerians Find It Difficult To Gain Admission In Nigeria by Neobulletzz(m): 7:45pm On Jan 09, 2015
Nice one.....still av a lot to do in Nigeria...wishin everyone writting jamb this year success

1 Like

Re: Reasons Why Young Nigerians Find It Difficult To Gain Admission In Nigeria by Nikapetrelli(f): 8:15pm On Jan 09, 2015
Japhet04:
you know how we roll na wink
Yeah yeah
Re: Reasons Why Young Nigerians Find It Difficult To Gain Admission In Nigeria by Meel: 8:16pm On Jan 09, 2015
coolshegs10:

Thanks bro...am currently in a polytechnic in Osun state but I don't like how their academic administration is being run there and most of the students are not even serious,their pride pass dat of lautech ...thanks once again.
please can you expantiate dis.
Re: Reasons Why Young Nigerians Find It Difficult To Gain Admission In Nigeria by Trigunz: 9:08pm On Jan 09, 2015
[quote author=MillionDollars post=29644524]Apart from failure, its bad government.[/quote

well I will admit you have a point about the 'bad government' but must we Nigerians always blame someone....people still get it on merit and hardwork even in the bad government and succeed effort and GOD is all we need...

No bad feelings/ no offence
Re: Reasons Why Young Nigerians Find It Difficult To Gain Admission In Nigeria by Wisegeek01(m): 9:18pm On Jan 09, 2015
Op you forgot about the way names are switched in some of these Universities . ..

I can tell u of a certain incident last year a guy who was trying to get Direct Entry, didn't make the list even though he met all requirements, if not because he knew someone who knew those incharge he wouldn't have gotten in (plus a lot of begging)

Prior to d incident, While speaking with guy he was like entering school was his last resort; everyone was on his neck, that he could kill if his name didn't come out. .. That's how desperate this country can make someone*

1 Like

Re: Reasons Why Young Nigerians Find It Difficult To Gain Admission In Nigeria by GiggsTk(m): 9:49pm On Jan 09, 2015
If you about answering any question and you find it difficult, just ask your neighbours when the supervisor is not watching shocked! the exam only last for a day,

Finally, do your best and leave the rest for God!

Those two statements are contradictory. You either solely depend on GOD and your legitimate effort(reading) or you try to help yourself.
I'll advice everyone taking the exams- GOD first, read your book and make every other legitimate effort just like the op stated look for skuls with lesser congestion in your course. Remember GOD first
Re: Reasons Why Young Nigerians Find It Difficult To Gain Admission In Nigeria by phlamesG: 9:49pm On Jan 09, 2015
pls 2 dose it may concern i registered 4 jamb 2015 @ yabatech nd i havent been given a centre nd date of exam yet d guy told me come around
feb 21st to reprint it nd get a centre nd date I want 2 know if d same applies 4 all candidates.
Re: Reasons Why Young Nigerians Find It Difficult To Gain Admission In Nigeria by MillionDollars: 9:51pm On Jan 09, 2015
[quote author=Trigunz post=29648910][/quote]
dah was y i said apart frm failure, if tinz were going as normal, we wldn't av to 'know' 'someone' b4 we get admitted to a university
Re: Reasons Why Young Nigerians Find It Difficult To Gain Admission In Nigeria by Nobody: 9:59pm On Jan 09, 2015
I think the government is the major reason why many students are out of school. even the available universities are not fit to carry the number of persons they admit, imagine a lecture theatre that can only carry 500 persons being used for a course offered by over 1500students, pathetic. don't blame the students for not being admitted , blame the government.
Re: Reasons Why Young Nigerians Find It Difficult To Gain Admission In Nigeria by coolshegs10(m): 10:09pm On Jan 09, 2015
Meel:
please can you expantiate dis.

I said am currently in a poly in Osun state but I don't like d place due to some reasons I stated earlier, period.
Re: Reasons Why Young Nigerians Find It Difficult To Gain Admission In Nigeria by Jinali(m): 10:16pm On Jan 09, 2015
basholodan:

It is not restricted to registration centres. Though the link to the course statistics was down as of yesterday (in the evening), but it is going through now. As for the password issue, it does not request for password. Follow the image guide properly. tnx
Re: Reasons Why Young Nigerians Find It Difficult To Gain Admission In Nigeria by Jinali(m): 10:32pm On Jan 09, 2015
Dani4tech:
Guys pls i need urgent help...i just realised that during my jamb registeration i ticked Waec & Neco as the '0' level exams i took,whereas i took only waec...i hope this won't have any side effects in the future?
It won't have any adverse effect. Once you are admitted into any institution of higher learning they will call for their own screening and will only ask for the necessary things they need.

1 Like

Re: Reasons Why Young Nigerians Find It Difficult To Gain Admission In Nigeria by Jinali(m): 10:39pm On Jan 09, 2015
GiggsTk:
If you about answering any question and you find it difficult, just ask your neighbours when the supervisor is not watching shocked! the exam only last for a day,

Finally, do your best and leave the rest for God!

Those two statements are contradictory. You either solely depend on GOD and your legitimate effort(reading) or you try to help yourself.
I'll advice everyone taking the exams- GOD first, read your book and make every other legitimate effort just like the op stated look for skuls with lesser congestion in your course. Remember GOD first
;DThat section is meant for only UTME candidates! Any thing you read there, 'no talk say I tell u oh!'......bt stil jst real!
Re: Reasons Why Young Nigerians Find It Difficult To Gain Admission In Nigeria by agoadiv(m): 11:17pm On Jan 09, 2015
op pls check geoinformatics n land survey for mi at UNIUYO pls God bless u
Re: Reasons Why Young Nigerians Find It Difficult To Gain Admission In Nigeria by Dani4tech(m): 11:54pm On Jan 09, 2015
Jinali:

It won't have any adverse effect. Once you are admitted into any institution of higher learning they will call for their own screening and will only ask for the necessary things they need.
Thanks bro
Re: Reasons Why Young Nigerians Find It Difficult To Gain Admission In Nigeria by tzoracle: 12:37am On Jan 10, 2015
My own personal advice to jambites is to steer clear of unizik. That school is riddled with corruption added to the fact that they don't release any admission list just your own personal admission checker which is a major way of ripping of candidates who cleared their jamb and utme with flying colours

2 Likes

Re: Reasons Why Young Nigerians Find It Difficult To Gain Admission In Nigeria by lacasera14(m): 12:40am On Jan 10, 2015
Catchment area is also very important, apply for schools that fall within your catchment area. I was once a victim of this until I discovered it made changes.
Re: Reasons Why Young Nigerians Find It Difficult To Gain Admission In Nigeria by ijmbnigeria: 12:57am On Jan 10, 2015
Don't put all your eggs in a basket...... Enrol for IJMB and gain admission to 200L without JAMB/PUTME.

visit; www.ijmbnigeria.org
Re: Reasons Why Young Nigerians Find It Difficult To Gain Admission In Nigeria by segsman(m): 6:04am On Jan 10, 2015
Nice one bro

Re: Reasons Why Young Nigerians Find It Difficult To Gain Admission In Nigeria by Nobody: 6:17am On Jan 10, 2015
youngvizzy1:
Just Jack ur books and Hope on God to pass. nothing is impossible wit God grin I use myself as a point of contact to those seeking admission, this year shall be our year IJN
what is the meaning of IJN pls
Re: Reasons Why Young Nigerians Find It Difficult To Gain Admission In Nigeria by laoludavid(m): 6:37am On Jan 10, 2015
Nice one @ op. How can a proospetive direct entry candidate know the number of student that have applied for the department he is applying for and his chances of gaining admission

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Pupils Eating Free Meals In Class In Ota (Pictured) / Ethno-religious Cleansing Of Federal University Dutsinma, Katsina State / Olukayode Mobolaji Oluwasona Graduates With 5.0 CPGA In Poland

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.