Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,178,923 members, 7,906,459 topics. Date: Wednesday, 31 July 2024 at 11:12 AM

The Devil Wears Prada - Literature - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / The Devil Wears Prada (875 Views)

The Devil Who Loved Me (true Life Story) / The Devil has the money ( A Novel) / The Devil's Proposal (A Short, Educative & Interesting Story) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

The Devil Wears Prada by ayandee: 11:35pm On Jan 08, 2015
The Devil Wears Prada by Lauren Weisberger

I’ve read this book twice. You can relate with the story if you’ve been “privileged” to have a boss who makes your phone ringtone seem like a death knell. The Devil wears Prada is an interesting, captivating, and funny piece. It’s been made into a movie (I haven’t seen it though). I hope it’s as interesting as the book. I’ll give a gist of the novel.

After school, Andrea intended to work in a magazine publishing firm but got more than she bargained for when she joined Runway, a frontline fashion magazine as an editorial assistant. At Runway, it was all about Prada, Armani and Versace. However, little did she know that beyond her job description as an editorial assistant, she had a more important job function- anticipating and accommodating the needs of an overbearing and impossible boss. Her boss, Miranda Priestly made her do all. Andrea was a chauffeur, a pet handler, a coffee girl all rolled into one.

The Devil wears Prada is a good read. Has anyone else read it? Share your views. Visit www.bookconvo.com for more reviews. You also stand a chance to win a book in the bookconvo January book quiz.

Re: The Devil Wears Prada by CrazyScientist: 11:52pm On Jan 08, 2015
Watched the movie, hilarious!
Re: The Devil Wears Prada by ayandee: 12:43am On Jan 09, 2015
CrazyScientist:
Watched the movie, hilarious!
the book is also interesting. Will see the movie someday

(1) (Reply)

Love In Transit / 30 Days Of Poetry Season 2, Day 8, Ashawo No Be Work (pix Inside) / Nobel Laureate, Wole Soyinka Gives The 2nd Eminent Lecture Series Of UNIBEN

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.