Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,201,163 members, 7,977,373 topics. Date: Thursday, 17 October 2024 at 07:00 AM

The Right Kind Of Experience For Lagos - Jimi Agbaje - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / The Right Kind Of Experience For Lagos - Jimi Agbaje (1486 Views)

Jimi Agbaje Rides Okada To Rally (PHOTOS) / Breaking..... Igbo Community In Lagos Endorse Jimi Agbaje / I Tell People That Lagos Will Be A Village If Non-indigene Are Not In Lagos-jimi (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

The Right Kind Of Experience For Lagos - Jimi Agbaje by JimiAgbaje2015: 11:43am On Jan 09, 2015
I have heard the whispering campaign that I do not have hands on experience in Governance. I chortle at this, because it would appear that the opposition are not well informed of the political history of the Country. It is a well known fact of history that the two legendary visionary leaders in our political pantheon had no prior experience in Government, before assuming some of the most important positions of their eras.

Chief Obafemi Awolowo was never a councilor or a civil servant before he became Leader of Government in 1952 (nomenclature changed to Premier in 1954). Without any previous experience, he pioneered general access to primary education. He built Liberty Stadium (now Obafemi Awolowo Stadium) – the 1st in Africa and erected Cocoa House the first Skyscraper in Tropical Africa. Chief Lateef Jakande was neither a Commissioner nor Minister before he became Governor on October 1, 1979. Yet he successfully abolished the obnoxious shift system in public schools. He was never a Permanent Secretary, but he conceived the Metro-Line and Ferry Services to resolve the traffic challenges of the then Lagos population of 5 million. LKJ, as he is popularly called, came up with 10 mini-waterworks to make portable water available as it ought to be and in just 4-years of being in office he built over 30,000 housing units that were specifically targeted at low-income people. Recall that even the current Governor of Lagos, Babatunde Raji Fashola, for all intents and purposes, was neither a Commissioner of Housing nor an Accountant-General but he had the presence of mind to promote initiatives during his time like the Lagos Building Investment Corporation, as a special purpose vehicle to provide mortgage to prospective home owners.

The enormity of the challenges that ordinary people face in Lagos and our capacity to adequately respond and address issues that affect them would need a leadership with bold ideas and a clear vision. The expectations of our people require that the impact of governance must improve not just by marginal gains but in leaps and bounds in the shortest time possible. Let’s be clear, we will NOT realize the Lagos of our dreams if the experience that we’re counting on is one proficient in cornering the resources of the state, for squandering by a few. Lagos deserves a new kind of leadership – one driven to irrevocably ensure that the resources of Lagos State are deployed maximally and prudently in the interest of, not just a few, but the greater good.

It is my vision to make Lagos competitive again, poised to take its role on the world stage of mega-cities - with cities like Dubai, Hong Kong and Singapore as reference points for comparison or service delivery. I’m confident that my education and my exposure have adequately prepared me for this onerous role and I shall deliver, if given the chance. My life experience grounds my humanity – having run successful businesses while working as a pharmacist and supporting ordinary people at a community level. The innate values that I imbibed as a young man and the tenets that I’ve learnt over the years as an activist with the Afenifere – working side by side my hero and mentor, late Pa Abraham Adesanya – continually reminds me of the importance of a leaders duty to his people.

Make no mistake. The change that we so desperately need in Lagos will not come easy. We will need to fight for it and in the process, we might sometimes disagree. But as we strive, let us remember that we do so for the collective good of our people in the hope that we leave Lagos better than we met it for generations unborn. I enjoin you, good citizens of Lagos, to partner with the me in this election so that together we can realize the Lagos of our dreams. If AWO did it, we also can do it. And because LKJ laid the foundation, our resolve must be to deliver on an inclusive government that will guarantee sustained prosperity for all Lagosians. The experience and achievements of AWO and LKJ remain our reference points and we shall not lose focus.

Lagos deserves nothing but the best and I’m confident that I will give Lagos the best

Re: The Right Kind Of Experience For Lagos - Jimi Agbaje by lekkie073(m): 12:25pm On Jan 09, 2015
On point....we are with u cool
Re: The Right Kind Of Experience For Lagos - Jimi Agbaje by BENZINA(m): 1:14pm On Jan 09, 2015
Bros, ahead ahead nothing do you. You shall walk and never stumbles.Your good intentions for Èko (Lagos state) must come to pass. In simple language, I will celebrate your victory with you. Tinubu must return Lagos state properties.
Re: The Right Kind Of Experience For Lagos - Jimi Agbaje by Phame: 1:42pm On Jan 09, 2015
he want rule lagos like niger, kogi, plateau, ebonyi, abia etc. I was wondering who gave agbaje whom i thought is an intellect such destructive campaign line. lagos people are bigger than the kind of shabby leadership the aforementioned states are known for. you wan give lagosian wada , elechi, jang , babangida aliyu styyle? sms!

13 Likes 2 Shares

Re: The Right Kind Of Experience For Lagos - Jimi Agbaje by comos: 2:01pm On Jan 09, 2015
Phame:
he want rule lagos like niger, kogi, plateau, ebonyi, abia etc. I was wondering who gave agbaje whom i thought is an intellect such destructive campaign line. lagos people are bigger than the kind of shabby leadership the aforementioned states are known for. you wan give lagosian wada , elechi, jang , babangida aliyu styyle? sms!
After all he is better than Ambode Akinwumi who Tinubu wants to use in continuous LOOTING of Lagos state after using Fashola

1 Like

Re: The Right Kind Of Experience For Lagos - Jimi Agbaje by PentiumPro(f): 2:02pm On Jan 09, 2015
Na by force? Lagosians don't want to have anything to do with PDP!

6 Likes

Re: The Right Kind Of Experience For Lagos - Jimi Agbaje by Leks(m): 3:02pm On Jan 09, 2015
Very true. My objective view is that you don't need an initial experience holding political positions to be able to lead a successful government. To add quantifiable value you need a deep sense of purpose, passion and integrity ten times more than you would need years of prior political experience.

2 Likes

Re: The Right Kind Of Experience For Lagos - Jimi Agbaje by dridowu: 3:05pm On Jan 09, 2015
comos:

After all he is better than Ambode Akinwumi who Tinubu wants to use in continuous LOOTING of Lagos state after using Fashola
Likewise Bode George who is finding his way to loot lagos also after looting NPA .

7 Likes

Re: The Right Kind Of Experience For Lagos - Jimi Agbaje by brutef0rce101: 3:09pm On Jan 09, 2015
comos:

What about Bode Tewonde George and Ogunlewe?

7 Likes

Re: The Right Kind Of Experience For Lagos - Jimi Agbaje by laimo(m): 3:44pm On Jan 09, 2015
Jimi Agbaje can not win in Lagos.
Jimi Agbaje is a political,economic,educational neophyte.

JK wasting his time.
JK wasting clueless' money.

2 Likes

Re: The Right Kind Of Experience For Lagos - Jimi Agbaje by Nobody: 5:39pm On Jan 09, 2015
Before i return to start my door to door campaign against APC in my neighborhood, what is your take on NURTW, Agbero and those dirty looking touts running around, harrassing and extorting Lagosians?

1 Like

Re: The Right Kind Of Experience For Lagos - Jimi Agbaje by Phame: 6:12pm On Jan 09, 2015
comos:

you wont even dare compare them- Ambode got more exprience.

1 Like

Re: The Right Kind Of Experience For Lagos - Jimi Agbaje by hazyfm1: 6:28pm On Jan 09, 2015
[size=98pt]NOT INTERESTED [/size]

2 Likes

Re: The Right Kind Of Experience For Lagos - Jimi Agbaje by Texykool: 6:46pm On Jan 09, 2015
PentiumPro:

Are you taking these ones serious?

I can see that Jimi's campaign team now have a moniker on NL... Seun suppose bill una wella o. Make my boy chop out of the billions wey Bode George and PDP dey use sponsor una.

The romance between APC and Lagos na marathon...

1 Like

Re: The Right Kind Of Experience For Lagos - Jimi Agbaje by meracool(m): 6:53pm On Jan 09, 2015
Jimi Agbaje is a Pharmacist.. Let hiim stay in the Lab And help produce drugs.. that's Field.

Ambode Is a seasoned Administrator with wealth of experince To Admistrate Lagos Stae to greater Height..

At the Polls The strong message would be passed that PDP is not needed In Lagos State..

Vote Ambode for
Good Governance..!!!
Re: The Right Kind Of Experience For Lagos - Jimi Agbaje by Enyinweofia: 8:52am On Jan 10, 2015
Bode George is not Tinubu. JK is not Fashola or Ambode. JK is a very independent minded individual. Why was he not chosen in 2007 even when APC delegates obviously wanted him? Because he refused to be Tinubu's stooge. He will now reject one godfather to be another person's godfather abi? Clap for yourself

dridowu:
Likewise Bode George who is finding his way to loot lagos also after looting NPA .
Re: The Right Kind Of Experience For Lagos - Jimi Agbaje by Enyinweofia: 8:53am On Jan 10, 2015
Lagosians are tired of being under the full bondage of one man.

PentiumPro:
Re: The Right Kind Of Experience For Lagos - Jimi Agbaje by Enyinweofia: 9:03am On Jan 10, 2015
How can you call someone who was a leader in Afenifere and has been involved in policy making since 1998 a Political Neophyte? Someone who single-handedly turned the DPA into a party that gave AC a fight in 2007? Someone who has massive support in every single ward in Lagos state? Someone who the leaders of PDP in Lagos are all behind? A political neophyte? Chai.

How can you call someone who is the Vice Chairman of Atlantic Hall School, Epe and Faculty Member, African Centre of Leadership, Strategy & Development (Centre LSD) an educational neophyte?

How can you call someone who runs a thriving company and has 1000+ people under his employ an economic neophyte? Do you think it is beans to have all those people under your payroll?

laimo:
Jimi Agbaje can not win in Lagos.
Jimi Agbaje is a political,economic,educational neophyte.

JK wasting his time.
JK wasting clueless' money.
Re: The Right Kind Of Experience For Lagos - Jimi Agbaje by kingthreat(m): 9:04am On Jan 10, 2015
comos:

Did Fashola not work?
His leadership is classic. The way Lagos state responded to Ebola was world-class. So if APC has so far transformed Lagos into what it is now, then why change. Jimi Agbaje will certainly lose as he promised to rule Lagos like how other pdp states like Abia,Ebonyi, and Ekiti are governed.
Re: The Right Kind Of Experience For Lagos - Jimi Agbaje by Enyinweofia: 9:06am On Jan 10, 2015
Hehehe. The romance go soon end.

Texykool:

Are you taking these ones serious?
I can see that Jimi's campaign team now have a moniker on NL... Seun suppose bill una wella o. Make my boy chop out of the billions wey Bode George and PDP dey use sponsor una.
The romance between APC and Lagos na marathon...
Re: The Right Kind Of Experience For Lagos - Jimi Agbaje by Enyinweofia: 9:14am On Jan 10, 2015
Going by this analogy, Ambode should go and continue working in one bank like that.

A vote for Ambode is not a vote for good governance. It is a vote for the continuous enlargement of Tinubu's empire at the expense of Lagosians. If Fashola had not sacked Ambode, I would have supported him. If APC had presented the brilliant Supo Shasore, I would have supported him, because with the lawyer, I know Fashola's strides would have continued. Ambode is oga Tinubu's accountant. Let it sink in

meracool:
Jimi Agbaje is a Pharmacist.. Let hiim stay in the Lab And help produce drugs.. that's Field.

Ambode Is a seasoned Administrator with wealth of experince To Admistrate Lagos Stae to greater Height..

At the Polls The strong message would be passed that PDP is not needed In Lagos State..

Vote Ambode for
Good Governance..!!!
Re: The Right Kind Of Experience For Lagos - Jimi Agbaje by Enyinweofia: 9:15am On Jan 10, 2015
LOL. Leave them o.

rudedough:
Before i return to start my door to door campaign against APC in my neighborhood, what is your take on NURTW, Agbero and those dirty looking touts running around, harrassing and extorting Lagosians?
Re: The Right Kind Of Experience For Lagos - Jimi Agbaje by Enyinweofia: 9:17am On Jan 10, 2015
Fashola is the best governor Lagos has ever had. Unfortunately, Fashola sacked Ambode. And did not want him to be governor. Why do you think so?

Jimi Agbaje needs the support of the massive PDP structure in Lagos. That, combined with his personal structure is the only way he can defeat APC. Sometimes understand that statements like that will be made for the sake of politics.
kingthreat:

Did Fashola not work?
His leadership is classic. The way Lagos state responded to Ebola was world-class. So if APC has so far transformed Lagos into what it is now, then why change. Jimi Agbaje will certainly lose as he promised to rule Lagos like how other pdp states like Abia,Ebonyi, and Ekiti are governed.
Re: The Right Kind Of Experience For Lagos - Jimi Agbaje by docsholz(m): 9:45am On Jan 10, 2015
The person that'll win already knows himself, all this one na ranting
Re: The Right Kind Of Experience For Lagos - Jimi Agbaje by dridowu: 10:28am On Jan 10, 2015
Enyinweofia:
Bode George is not Tinubu. JK is not Fashola or Ambode. JK is a very independent minded individual. Why was he not chosen in 2007 even when APC delegates obviously wanted him? Because he refused to be Tinubu's stooge. He will now reject one godfather to be another person's godfather abi? Clap for yourself

@bolded, ***********clapping for myself********papapapapapa myself, are u happy now ?
So you mean JK is not Bode George stooge ? Guy, i don't you know what you are saying. When Obanikoro confirm it himself. If JK does not want any godfather he would have been trying his luck under other parties not either PDP or APC, their is no way you can contest under this two political parties and claim you don't have powerful godfather. So my brother if you a better excuse let me know but if it is another lame excuse, then it is OYO.
#teamA+
Re: The Right Kind Of Experience For Lagos - Jimi Agbaje by meracool(m): 4:26pm On Jan 10, 2015
Enyinweofia:
Going by this analogy, Ambode should go and continue working in one bank like that.

A vote for Ambode is not a vote for good governance. It is a vote for the continuous enlargement of Tinubu's empire at the expense of Lagosians. If Fashola had not sacked Ambode, I would have supported him. If APC had presented the brilliant Supo Shasore, I would have supported him, because with the lawyer, I know Fashola's strides would have continued. Ambode is oga Tinubu's accountant. Let it sink in

Ambode Brought the Idea to shoot Lagos IGR from 600Million to 6Billion Monthly when OBJ stopped the Allocation to Lagos..

Be Enlightened ..

(1) (Reply)

BREAKING: PDP Raises Another Issue Against Buhari / PDP Sharing Dollars In Envelop / The Niger Delta Is Now The Enemy

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.