Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,171,471 members, 7,881,639 topics. Date: Saturday, 06 July 2024 at 05:24 AM

Why Can't People Embrace Pan-africanism? Why So Much Hatred On This Forum?? - Culture (42) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Why Can't People Embrace Pan-africanism? Why So Much Hatred On This Forum?? (169499 Views)

Africanism Today ( An Event Celebrating Africa & Natural Hair Meetup) / Are Non-nigerians Looked Down Upon In This Forum? / Why Is There So Much Hatred For Other Tribes? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (39) (40) (41) (42) (43) (44) (45) ... (63) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Can't People Embrace Pan-africanism? Why So Much Hatred On This Forum?? by Nobody: 9:32pm On Feb 02, 2015
morpheus24:

@ Kidstranglehold

You are beating your head against a stone wall trying to cure a brainwashed mind like Kenyalady.

She has always subscribed to the "Afro-Caucasoid" description for anything that is outside of what is considered the "TRUE NEGRO" phenotype and can't really get her head around the pseudo-science of it all even after several debunks by new age scientists who hardly even use those terminologies any longer.

She accuses people of being Afro-centric when in turn she is actually PROJECTING her innate insecurities about her looks. She really is infatuated with the "mixed" breed reality as the only evidence of differences in AFrican phenotype and does not provide any concrete scientific evidence other than a FACIAL RECOGNITION test administered and peer reviewed by herself.

Stop wasting your time on the old lady, she is so 20th century.

AYE thank god you're back! grin grin grin

And indeed she subscribes to the True Negroid nonsense.

1 Like

Re: Why Can't People Embrace Pan-africanism? Why So Much Hatred On This Forum?? by Fulaman198(m): 9:36pm On Feb 02, 2015
You can't get any purer than this for Fulani:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tlSmTviLat4

This is shot in my home region of Adamawa
Re: Why Can't People Embrace Pan-africanism? Why So Much Hatred On This Forum?? by Nobody: 9:47pm On Feb 02, 2015
Fulaman198:

This is the biggest joke I have ever seen, she is 100% PURE Fulani, a Bororo Fulani to be exact, one still living the ancient lifestyle of a Fulani. She is not bi-racial because Fulani people don't mix often we believe it is Taboo and like to maintain who we are and our looks. You obviously have never met Fulani people before.

So all the Fulani in this song, we are all bi-racial and not pure then? I am having the best laugh in my whole life:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wV_Wx3KdoO4

I think we have to agree to disagree.

Unmixed Fuliani.
[img]http://www.johangerrits.nl/galleries/content/1.Travel/Mali/89%20-%20Fulani%20woman%20-%20Djenne.jpg[/img]

Mixed race Fulani.
www.nairaland.com/attachments/1576905_fulani_beauty_jpegdc3b318383e6deedb18b0fd5531f9fbc
Re: Why Can't People Embrace Pan-africanism? Why So Much Hatred On This Forum?? by Supper: 9:54pm On Feb 02, 2015
KenyanLady:

Desperate time calls for desperate measure, those people are mixed race.

there's nothing special about these kids, the picture has been retouched/lightened.

shocked Well, that settles it. Fulanis are literally photoshopped people.

2 Likes

Re: Why Can't People Embrace Pan-africanism? Why So Much Hatred On This Forum?? by Fulaman198(m): 9:55pm On Feb 02, 2015
KenyanLady:

I think we have to agree to disagree.

Unmixed Fuliani.
[img]http://www.johangerrits.nl/galleries/content/1.Travel/Mali/89%20-%20Fulani%20woman%20-%20Djenne.jpg[/img]

Mixed race Fulani.
www.nairaland.com/attachments/1576905_fulani_beauty_jpegdc3b318383e6deedb18b0fd5531f9fbc

You do realize the first picture you linked is not of a Fulani, in the Fulfulde language those are the Rimaybe or those who were slaves integrated into Fulani culture. There is a HUGE difference. You don't really know anything about Fulani culture.

The Fulani caste system is a very interesting one.

You have the slaves who represent the Maccube or Rimaybe class and then you have the pure Fulani who are the Rimbe. Even today, we recognise those who are not truly Fulani by their names (though many Rimaybe in order to fit now possess full Fulani names). An example is Juldeh Camara who says he is Fulani (he is now by culture but not by blood or looks). His name "Camara" is a Mande name, which means he was a Mande slave integrated into Fulani culture thus is part of the Rimaybe caste system.

If you don't understand something, instead of jumping to your own useless conclusions, you can ask questions and sound intelligent.
Re: Why Can't People Embrace Pan-africanism? Why So Much Hatred On This Forum?? by Fulaman198(m): 9:56pm On Feb 02, 2015
Supper:

ROFLLLL time to lol in Fulfulde

MMJ (Mi maayi jaleede)
Re: Why Can't People Embrace Pan-africanism? Why So Much Hatred On This Forum?? by Supper: 10:00pm On Feb 02, 2015
Fulaman198:

ROFLLLL time to lol in Fulfulde

MMJ (Mi maayi jaleede)

lol Too bad they didn't they pass on the secrets of altering ones phenotype to their descendants in America. I want some of that!

1 Like

Re: Why Can't People Embrace Pan-africanism? Why So Much Hatred On This Forum?? by Fulaman198(m): 10:03pm On Feb 02, 2015
Supper:

lol Too bad they didn't they pass on the secrets of altering ones phenotype to their descendants in America. I want some of that!

I will consult my Fulani ancestors from thousands of years ago and let you know how it goes.
Re: Why Can't People Embrace Pan-africanism? Why So Much Hatred On This Forum?? by Nobody: 10:08pm On Feb 02, 2015
Supper:

LMAO!!!!
Re: Why Can't People Embrace Pan-africanism? Why So Much Hatred On This Forum?? by TerryCarr(m): 10:18pm On Feb 02, 2015
Fulaman198:

You do realize the first picture you linked is not of a Fulani, in the Fulfulde language those are the Rimaybe or those who were slaves integrated into Fulani culture. There is a HUGE difference. You don't really know anything about Fulani culture.

You have the slaves who represent the Maccube or Rimaybe class and then you have the pure Fulani who are the Rimbe. Even today, we recognise those who are not truly Fulani by their names (though many Rimaybe in order to fit now possess full Fulani names). An example is Juldeh Camara who says he is Fulani (he is now by culture but not by blood or looks). His name "Camara" is a Mande name, which means he was a Mande slave integrated into Fulani culture thus is part of the Rimaybe caste system.

If you don't understand something, instead of jumping to your own useless conclusions, you can ask questions and sound intelligent.
so basically the Fulani are like the honers. straight haired soft features rule. the standard kinky haired blacks are slaves undecided
Re: Why Can't People Embrace Pan-africanism? Why So Much Hatred On This Forum?? by Nobody: 10:23pm On Feb 02, 2015
Fulaman198:

So what! there are over 38 million Fulani women who looks just like.

TerryCarr:

so basically the Fulani are like the honers. straight haired soft features rule. the standard kinky haired blacks are slaves undecided

smiley
Re: Why Can't People Embrace Pan-africanism? Why So Much Hatred On This Forum?? by Fulaman198(m): 10:24pm On Feb 02, 2015
TerryCarr:

The Fulani are their own people. Africa is a diverse continent. Most Fulani who have never ventured outside of Africa don't see themselves as black (baleebe) until they venture out to the Western world. Look at Amadou Diallo (prounced Ahmadu Jallow) for example from Guinea, he was a Fulani that the New York police men shot 47 times. That's when Fulani people get the wake up call that in the West we are indeed black. Those men calling themselves Arabs in Sudan, in America they would be black. It's as simple as that.

We don't judge people based on hair, that's not part of the Fulani culture. Those Rimaybe became slaves as a result of war (it went both ways actually). I'm sure within the Mande community you have Fulani people who have been integrated (The Wasulu/Wassoulou) and when the Fulani's fought the Songhai/Sonrai/Zarma/Dendi many Fulani were integrated into their culture (The Gabero). So it went both ways. Ethnically, a lot of what people sometimes post are Mande people integrated into Fulani culture. It's the same with light-complexioned Hausa people who are brown to honey in complexion, many of them are actually Fulani as the Hausa have more of a Nilotic phenotype (which you still see today in Niger republic in places like Maradi and Zinder).

We weren't enslaving to be racist, we were enslaving due to war, it happened in many places in West Africa at time where people became indentured servants (not the same kind of slavery many witnessed in the Western world). Many Kingdoms had "war criminals" or "slaves" that eventually either became integrated within the culture or married within the culture.

1 Like

Re: Why Can't People Embrace Pan-africanism? Why So Much Hatred On This Forum?? by Fulaman198(m): 10:25pm On Feb 02, 2015
KenyanLady:

So what! there are over 38 million Fulani women who looks just like.

smiley

You really have no idea what you are talking about and I will spend my energy on more sensible and intelligent people like TerryCarr.
Re: Why Can't People Embrace Pan-africanism? Why So Much Hatred On This Forum?? by Supper: 10:29pm On Feb 02, 2015
Fulaman198:

Fulas and Mandes use to be at each other's necks. It's crazy because a lot of our Mande ancestors were sold to Europeans by Fulanis and a lot of our Fula ancestors were sold by Mandes(Mandingos in particular).

Fula-Soloman, a slave in America, was actually on a mission to trade slaves himself, but was ambushed by Mandingos and sold by them to the Royal African Company and ended up in Maryland.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ayuba_Suleiman_Diallo

Sad, but can't say he didn't have it coming, though

1 Like

Re: Why Can't People Embrace Pan-africanism? Why So Much Hatred On This Forum?? by tpiaobsession: 10:29pm On Feb 02, 2015
TerryCarr:

I don't know how it works in other countries, but I doubt it works that way in nigeria.

Fulanis tend to assimilate or assimilate into other cultures, yes they did indeed sell slaves during the slave trading era , but your description does not follow facts.

1 Like

Re: Why Can't People Embrace Pan-africanism? Why So Much Hatred On This Forum?? by tpiaobsession: 10:30pm On Feb 02, 2015
Supper:

a lot of our Mande ancestors were sold to Europeans by Fulanis and a lot of our Fula ancestors were sold by Mandes(Mandingos in particular).

Something like that

1 Like

Re: Why Can't People Embrace Pan-africanism? Why So Much Hatred On This Forum?? by morpheus24: 10:33pm On Feb 02, 2015
Fulaman198:

We weren't enslaving to be racist, we were enslaving due to war, it happened in many places in West Africa at time where people became indentured servants (not the same kind of slavery many witnessed in the Western world). Many Kingdoms had "war criminals" or "slaves" that eventually either became integrated within the culture or married within the culture.

They obvious can't grasp the concept that RACISM i.e. an emphasis/discrimination based on phenotype was a 18th/19th century invention and any slavery that existed prior to that time in Africa most likely took no account of this social construct.

2 Likes

Re: Why Can't People Embrace Pan-africanism? Why So Much Hatred On This Forum?? by Fulaman198(m): 10:35pm On Feb 02, 2015
Supper:

Fulas and Mandes use to be at each other's necks. It's crazy because a lot of our Mande ancestors were sold to Europeans by Fulanis and a lot of our Fula ancestors were sold by Mandes(Mandingos in particular).

Fula-Soloman, a slave in America, was actually on a mission to trade slaves himself, but was ambushed by Mandingos and sold by them to the Royal African Company and ended up in Maryland.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ayuba_Suleiman_Diallo

Sad, but can't say he didn't have it coming, though

You are right, we have an age old long history with the Mande and Songhai.

The Mande even today in Guinea and Fulani who are the majority still have power struggles. But guess what, even though the Fulani are more in Guinea, the actual leaders in charge are all Mande.......
Re: Why Can't People Embrace Pan-africanism? Why So Much Hatred On This Forum?? by Fulaman198(m): 10:39pm On Feb 02, 2015
tpiaobsession:

I don't know how it works in other countries, but I doubt it works that way in nigeria.

Fulanis tend to assimilate or assimilate into other cultures, yes they did indeed sell slaves during the slave trading era , but your description does not follow facts.

It's the exact same way we were sold as well by the Mande and Songhai.

Today integrated Fulanis who are in Songhai culture are called Gabero people. Ibrahim Hamma Dicko (as you know Dicko/Dikko is a Fulani name not a Songhai name) for example was a Gabero man before he passed away in 1995.

Oumou Sangare is a Wasulu (Fulani integrated into Mande culture). These groups no longer speak Fulani language but do know that their distant ancestors were indeed Fulani hence separate names for themselves.
Re: Why Can't People Embrace Pan-africanism? Why So Much Hatred On This Forum?? by Supper: 10:45pm On Feb 02, 2015
Fulaman198:

You are right, we have an age old long history with the Mande and Songhai.

The Mande even today in Guinea and Fulani who are the majority still have power struggles. But guess what, even though the Fulani are more in Guinea, the actual leaders in charge are all Mande.......

Oh yeah. I know both Mande and Fulanis both are very prideful people and don't back down easy. Fulanis have claim to be the last major SSA Empire still standing before European totalitarian colonialism as well as challenging and beating Saadi dynasty of the Morroccan empire, but Mande have claim to the Mali empire as well as the Mandingo wars which had the French shaking in their boots. So, as you can imagine a lot of pride & ego comes into play for both groups.

AAs are just proud to have ancestry from both groups. grin

2 Likes

Re: Why Can't People Embrace Pan-africanism? Why So Much Hatred On This Forum?? by Fulaman198(m): 10:46pm On Feb 02, 2015
Supper:

Oh yeah. I know both Mande and Fulanis both are very prideful people and don't back down easy. Fulanis have claim to be the last major SSA Empire still standing before European totalitarian colonialism as well as challenging and beating Saadi dynasty of the Morroccan empire, but Mande have claim to the Mali empire as well as the Mandingo wars which had the French shaking in their boots. So, as you can imagine a lot of pride & ego comes into play for both groups.

AAs are just proud to have ancestry from both groups. grin

You seem to know West African history quite well....I'm impressed
Re: Why Can't People Embrace Pan-africanism? Why So Much Hatred On This Forum?? by Supper: 10:57pm On Feb 02, 2015
Fulaman198:

You seem to know West African history quite well....I'm impressed

Being of WA descent aside, the history and cultures of this region of the earth is VERY interesting. But, the thing I HATE the most is how the contributions of people from this area played a huge role in making America what it is today is almost NEVER given it's just due.

2 Likes

Re: Why Can't People Embrace Pan-africanism? Why So Much Hatred On This Forum?? by Fulaman198(m): 11:06pm On Feb 02, 2015
Supper:

Being of WA descent aside, the history and cultures of this region of the earth is VERY interesting. But, the thing I HATE the most is how the contributions of people from this area played a huge role in making America what it is today is almost NEVER given it's just due.

That's partially our fault and for letting whites brainwash us
Re: Why Can't People Embrace Pan-africanism? Why So Much Hatred On This Forum?? by Supper: 11:14pm On Feb 02, 2015
Fulaman198:

That's partially our fault and for letting whites brainwash us

Actually, it's mostly if not all our fault, IMO. It's our responsibility to teach & propagate our own rich histories & cultures. No one else's. If we don't then we leave the doors open for a eurocentric narrative to take hold. I was just talking to Kidstranglehold yesterday about Hollywood's appropriation of the slave narrative of America, and how we're responsible for being so apathetic about it and not acting as ambassadors for our own history.

I give A LOT of credit to PBS when it comes to this stuff, but even still they are a white owned network, and we shouldn't have to turn to them for a semi-truthful account of our own history.

3 Likes

Re: Why Can't People Embrace Pan-africanism? Why So Much Hatred On This Forum?? by Fulaman198(m): 11:22pm On Feb 02, 2015
Supper:

Actually, it's mostly if not all our fault, IMO. It's our responsibility to teach & propagate our own rich histories & cultures. No one else's. If we don't then we leave the doors open for a eurocentric narrative to take hold. I was just talking to Kidstranglehold yesterday about Hollywood's appropriation of the slave narrative of America, and how we're responsible for being so apathetic about it and not acting as ambassadors for our own history.

I give A LOT of credit to PBS when it comes to this stuff, but even still they are a white owned network, and we shouldn't have to turn to them for a semi-truthful account of our own history.

Yah when I did my Uni in the states, I used to love PBS for their truthfulness. You are right, a lot of Africans and African Americans allow Eurocentric stuff to propagate to the rest of the world. In addition, these Eurocentric views start to be believed by Africans/Blacks themselves it's quite distasteful.

Today, I just download pbs stuff online or go through a proxy to their website to view their content. They do have a lot of nice stuff.

1 Like

Re: Why Can't People Embrace Pan-africanism? Why So Much Hatred On This Forum?? by Nobody: 11:53pm On Feb 02, 2015
I swear the Fulani and Mandinka's are two of my most favorite African ethnic groups followed by the Tuaregs. Why the Tuaregs? Because they were basically the VIKINGS of Africa. Literally.
Re: Why Can't People Embrace Pan-africanism? Why So Much Hatred On This Forum?? by Nobody: 11:54pm On Feb 02, 2015
Forth would be the Nubians? Even though there really isn't a such thing as one "Nubian" people, the people of Sudan are like the Vietnamese of Africa. If you catch my drift.
Re: Why Can't People Embrace Pan-africanism? Why So Much Hatred On This Forum?? by Nobody: 11:59pm On Feb 02, 2015
Next Angolans. IMO they are the toughest people of Africa. Basically the "Russians" of Africa.

1. Endured the worst of the Atlantic slave trade. With many slaves coming from that area. Almost depopulating the area.
2. Endured long civil wars and wars with the Portuguese before colonization.
3. Endured colonization.
4. Endured the war for independence.
5. Endured one of the most deadliest conflicts in Africa which lasted 23 years.

From pre-colonial all the way to their independence Angolans endured hell. But now they have one of the fastest growing economies in Africa. to me thats bad@ss...

Angolans are the Russians are Africa. Either them or the Zulu's.
Re: Why Can't People Embrace Pan-africanism? Why So Much Hatred On This Forum?? by Supper: 12:04am On Feb 03, 2015
KidStranglehold:
I swear the Fulani and Mandinka's are two of my most favorite African ethnic groups followed by the Tuaregs. Why the Tuaregs? Because they were basically the VIKINGS of Africa. Literally.

lol I call Mandingos the Zulus of west Africa.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mandingo_Wars
Re: Why Can't People Embrace Pan-africanism? Why So Much Hatred On This Forum?? by Nobody: 12:07am On Feb 03, 2015
Fulaman198:

Yah when I did my Uni in the states, I used to love PBS for their truthfulness. You are right, a lot of Africans and African Americans allow Eurocentric stuff to propagate to the rest of the world. In addition, these Eurocentric views start to be believed by Africans/Blacks themselves it's quite distasteful.

Today, I just download pbs stuff online or go through a proxy to their website to view their content. They do have a lot of nice stuff.

How was your experience with American blacks while you were in America? smiley

I ask because some characters on this site like to view African Americans as stereotypical things such as "thugs, drugs addicts, prisoners, single parents,etc" without even ever being in America.
Re: Why Can't People Embrace Pan-africanism? Why So Much Hatred On This Forum?? by Supper: 12:07am On Feb 03, 2015
KidStranglehold:
Next Angolans. IMO they are the toughest people of Africa. Basically the "Russians" of Africa.

1. Endured the worst of the Atlantic slave trade. With many slaves coming from that area. Almost depopulating the area.
2. Endured long civil wars and wars with the Portuguese before colonization.
3. Endured colonization.
4. Endured the war for independence.
5. Endured one of the most deadliest conflicts in Africa which lasted 23 years.

From pre-colonial all the way to their independence Angolans endured hell. But now they have one of the fastest growing economies in Africa. to me thats bad@ss...

Angolans are the Russians are Africa. Either them or the Zulu's.

My vote for the toughest would be Zulus. lol Sorry, I just can't think of anyone that out grinds them in African history. Ashantis/akan would be close second.

But, Angolans even have competition from their neighbors in Congo. Don't forget the Kongo-Portuguese war. Though, Angolans did tear it up in the New World. But, so did ashantis/akan(Maroons in Jamaica).

1 Like

Re: Why Can't People Embrace Pan-africanism? Why So Much Hatred On This Forum?? by Nobody: 12:10am On Feb 03, 2015
Supper:

lol I call Mandingos the Zulus of west Africa.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mandingo_Wars

Yeah Samori Ture was a straight bad@ss. The Mandingo wars is so underrated. Most people only hear about the Zulu's, Somalis and Ashantis when it comes to colonial resistance. Also you should check out this thread I made years back.
https://www.nairaland.com/1263616/deadliest-black-african-warriors

Also made one on Coli, but it wasnt that big.
http://www.thecoli.com/threads/deadliest-black-warriors-appreciation-thread.207473/

(1) (2) (3) ... (39) (40) (41) (42) (43) (44) (45) ... (63) (Reply)

Owe Ile Yoruba -some Lovely Yoruba Proverbs And Their Meanings. / If You Can Speak Yoruba, Talk It In Here. Everybody Is Invited! / Yorubas, Please Help Me Translate These Words.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 72
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.