Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,170,655 members, 7,878,919 topics. Date: Wednesday, 03 July 2024 at 09:33 AM

Are You With The Right Partner..???(must Read) - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Are You With The Right Partner..???(must Read) (1093 Views)

Top Sign Of A Potential Cheating Partner... Must See / 5 Sex Topics You And Your Partner Must Discuss / Are You Wondering If You Are Or Your Partner? (must Read) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Are You With The Right Partner..???(must Read) by Precious91(m): 1:47pm On Jan 11, 2015
During a seminar, a woman asked,"
How do I know if I am with the right
person?"
The author then noticed that there
was a large man sitting next to her so
he said, "It depends. Is that your
partner?" In all seriousness, she
answered "How do you know?" Let me
answer this question because the
chances are good that it's weighing on
your mind replied the author.
Here's the answer.
Every relationship has a cycle…
In the beginning; you fall in love with
your partner. You anticipate their
calls, want their touch, and like their
idiosyncrasies. Falling in love wasn't
hard. In fact, it was a completely
natural and spontaneous experience.
You didn't have to DO anything.
That's why it's called "falling" in
love.
People in love sometimes say, "I was
swept off my feet."Picture the
expression. It implies that you were
just standing there; doing nothing,
and then something happened TO YOU.
Falling in love is a passive and
spontaneous experience. But after a
few months or years of being
together, the euphoria of love fades.
It's a natural cycle of EVERY
relationship. Slowly but surely, phone
calls become a bother (if they come
at all), touch is not always welcome
(when it happens), and your spouse's
idiosyncrasies, instead of being cute,
drive you nuts. The symptoms of this
stage vary with every relationship;
you will notice a dramatic difference
between the initial stage when you
were in love and a much duller or even
angry subsequent stage.
At this point, you and/or your partner
might start asking, "Am I with the
right person?" And as you reflect on
the euphoria of the love you once had,
you may begin to desire that
experience with someone else. This is
when relationships breakdown.
The key to succeeding in a
relationship is not finding the right
person; it's learning to love the
person you found.
People blame their partners for their
unhappiness and look outside for
fulfillment. Extramarital fulfillment
comes in all shapes and sizes.
Infidelity is the most common. But
sometimes people turn to work, a
hobby, friendship, excessive TV, or
abusive substances. But the answer to
this dilemma does NOT lie outside
your relationship. It lies within it.
I'm not saying that you couldn't fall
in love with someone else. You could.
And TEMPORARILY you'd feel better.
But you'd be in the same situation a
few years later.
Because (listen carefully to this):
The key to succeeding in a
Relationship is not finding the right
person; it's learning to love the
Person you found.
SUSTAINING love is not a passive or
spontaneous experience. You have to
work on it day in and day out. It takes
time, effort, and energy. And most
importantly, it demands WISDOM. You
have to know WHAT TO DO to make it
work.
Make no mistake about it.
Love is NOT a mystery. There are
specific things you can do (with or
without your partner), Just as there
are physical laws Of the universe
(such as gravity), there are also laws
for relationships. If you know how to
apply these laws, the results are
predictable.
Love is therefore a "decision". Not
just a feeling.
Remember this always: God
determines who walks into your life. It
is up to you to decide who you let
walk away, who you let stay, and who
you refuse to let GO.

1 Like

Re: Are You With The Right Partner..???(must Read) by iceberylin(m): 1:48pm On Jan 11, 2015
Ok
Re: Are You With The Right Partner..???(must Read) by BeeBeeOoh(m): 2:04pm On Jan 11, 2015
Full version of what my oga at d top said, "Okay"..
Re: Are You With The Right Partner..???(must Read) by Oluwatosean(m): 2:10pm On Jan 11, 2015
Nice post,though i no read am finish
Re: Are You With The Right Partner..???(must Read) by Nobody: 2:21pm On Jan 11, 2015
Oh... So what's the question again?
Re: Are You With The Right Partner..???(must Read) by InZA: 2:31pm On Jan 11, 2015
@OP

Is this an excerpt from the book "Five Love Languages" by Gary Chapman?
Re: Are You With The Right Partner..???(must Read) by 1dafullymade(f): 2:35pm On Jan 11, 2015
niz one op...indeed u can learn to love someone
Re: Are You With The Right Partner..???(must Read) by Lisaflex(f): 2:40pm On Jan 11, 2015
made a lot of sense
Re: Are You With The Right Partner..???(must Read) by Monicasque(f): 2:41pm On Jan 11, 2015
Nice on bro
Re: Are You With The Right Partner..???(must Read) by Chizzy20(f): 2:58pm On Jan 11, 2015
nyc1
Re: Are You With The Right Partner..???(must Read) by Nobody: 3:44pm On Jan 11, 2015
beautiful, just beautiful
Re: Are You With The Right Partner..???(must Read) by rhotimie: 4:19pm On Jan 11, 2015
Thanks so much! I love the fact that you could give such an exceprt, very precisive and realistic. More!
Re: Are You With The Right Partner..???(must Read) by Precious91(m): 4:52pm On Jan 11, 2015
Chizzy20:
nyc1
thanks
Re: Are You With The Right Partner..???(must Read) by Precious91(m): 4:53pm On Jan 11, 2015
1dafullymade:
niz one op...indeed u can learn to love someone
yea,thanks
Re: Are You With The Right Partner..???(must Read) by Precious91(m): 4:54pm On Jan 11, 2015
rhotimie:
Thanks so much! I love the fact that you could give such an exceprt, very precisive and realistic. More!
You welcome,bro.Thanks for reading
Re: Are You With The Right Partner..???(must Read) by Oahray: 5:13pm On Jan 11, 2015
Nice...

However, love is not something you make yourself do. It's not a wristwatch you put on or take off at will. It's a natural reaction to what you perceive about the other person.

The expression "The key to succeeding in a relationship is not finding the right person; it's learning to love the person you found" has poetic appeal but it isn't very practical.

Each one of us have qualities that we love in other persons. A relationship (especially marriage) depends on much more than just the effort of one person. The best you can do is try to look for and focus on the good, but if the bad is too bad, forget it, you cannot just make yourself ignore it. The bulk of the work involved in staying in love lies with the other person.

How would a woman learn to love a drunken brute who doesn't give a damn about her opinions? How would a man learn to love a nagging and self centered wife who constantly puts him down, even trying to go beyond verbal abuse into the physical?

So yes, while you may have to work hard to sustain love, FINDING THE RIGHT PERSON IS AN IMPORTANT FIRST STEP.

1 Like

Re: Are You With The Right Partner..???(must Read) by Precious91(m): 5:23pm On Jan 11, 2015
Oahray:
Nice...

However, love is not something you make yourself do. It's not a wristwatch you put on or take off at will. It's a natural reaction to what you perceive about the other person.

The expression "The key to succeeding in a relationship is not finding the right person; it's learning to love the person you found" has poetic appeal but it isn't very practical.

Each one of us have qualities that we love in other persons. A relationship (especially marriage) depends on much more than just the effort of one person. The best you can do is try to look for and focus on the good, but if the bad is too bad, forget it, you cannot just make yourself ignore it. The bulk of the work involved in staying in love lies with the other person.

How would a woman learn to love a drunken brute who doesn't give a damn about her opinions? How would a man learn to love a nagging and self centered wife who constantly puts him down, even trying to go beyond verbal abuse into the physical?

So yes, while you may have to work hard to sustain love, FINDING THE RIGHT PERSON IS AN IMPORTANT FIRST STEP.

hmm.Great one there,bro

(1) (Reply)

Bad Breath Boyfriend / How To Make A Lady Fall For You / 15 Things That Irrationally Annoy Your Boyfriend

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.