Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,171,703 members, 7,882,408 topics. Date: Sunday, 07 July 2024 at 01:22 AM

A Learner's Guide To Being A Fearless And Experienced Driver. - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / A Learner's Guide To Being A Fearless And Experienced Driver. (1162 Views)

Whats Your Worst Experiences As A Learner / Commercial Taxi Driver Spotted Operating With Learner's Logo In Ilorin (photos) / How To Obtain A Driving Learner's Permit In Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

A Learner's Guide To Being A Fearless And Experienced Driver. by IykeWest: 11:37pm On Jan 11, 2015
A learner's guide to being a fearless and experienced driver.

1) Use the learner sign: Learners don't know this but we,the experienced drivers are afraid of y'all. While overtaking a learner,we make sure there's enough space between we and y'all. So with that information,just know be confident that no motorist will drive anyhow around you,as long as you have learner sign attached to your car.

2) Believe in your car: I don't really mean believe in your car,i mean believe that,even if u hit someone's car,you won't die cos d car will protect you. You completely safe as long as you....Read No. 3

3)Take it slow: Remember this one,most important,always take it slow even if the person behind you is honkin his horn cos u driving slow,don't mind them. Just take it slow,till you get acquainted and improve speed slowly.

4) Practise: Trust me,this one is very very important,so important that I gatta drop this quote,'Practice makes perfect'. Drive anytime you get d chance. Nobody taught me how to drive,i learnt by taking my dad's ride and literally having a crash fest,i crashed d car for more than three times and everytime I did,i learnt a lesson and improved. Experience is so good when it comes to driving,cos it improves your luck and survivability.

5)Nobody is perfect: I been driving for more than 5years now,and I still make little mistakes,and I do learn from them though.

6)Play music: This one is if u wanna gather 'morale',you know,improve your ginger/liver. Just put your favourite song into d car stereo and play it at a comfortable volume,let the song sink in then once you've gathered enof liver,start driving. You won't be scared anymore.

7)Be Determined: Just cos you bumped into someone's car doesn't mean you should stop learning. Don't be deterred,be determined. Even though I crashed my dad's car and they started hiding the car keys didn't stop me from driving,i took d key to a key maker and made dozens of it and now,my dad trust me so much that he hands me d keys to his car,so I can run an errand.

8 ) Get high: This I don't advice,but it will take the fear of you instantly,just don't drink too much,just a little so u feel like super man,but not too much that you gonna think you God,and you gonna eff up,wake up in the hospital to see you ain't gat legs no more grin

9) Pray: You read right,pray! Ask God for guidance and protection.

10) Believe in luck: Yeah,luck plays a huge part in driving. Like I said,nobody is perfect but it'd suck if you ain't perfect and you ain't lucky,now to get luck on your side,read No. 9. grin

If you gat more tips add.

Thought not Copied.

1 Like

Re: A Learner's Guide To Being A Fearless And Experienced Driver. by TheRealCoolHunK: 1:22am On Jan 12, 2015
11. Take driving classes.

1 Like

Re: A Learner's Guide To Being A Fearless And Experienced Driver. by IykeWest: 1:37am On Jan 12, 2015
TheRealCoolHunK:
11. Take driving classes.
True that! I totally forgot that,nice tip tho.

(1) (Reply)

Coolant Reservoir/ Radiator Overflow Tank Of Mazda Tribute Urgently Needed / How To Buy Used Cars In Nigeria: You Never Knew This About ! / My Car Has Very Poor Fuel Economy! Pls Help!!!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.