Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,173,252 members, 7,887,725 topics. Date: Friday, 12 July 2024 at 12:55 PM

Why Islam Section - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Why Islam Section (932 Views)

Why Islam Is The Only True Religion NOT Christianity / Reason For Creating Islam Section With Ridiculous Conditions / Why Islam Doesn't Need Reformation Like Christianity (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Go Down)

Why Islam Section by johnydon22(m): 9:13am On Jan 12, 2015
i noticed something here in nairaland, islam have a separate section and not only that it is also free of criticism and skeptical analysis... i understand that even the moderators are muslims... why not give the christians their own forum with christian moderators. . .So that this religious forum will be a neutral ground for all... then we agnostics, humanists, atheists and deits will use the religion section only to voice our mind on both the two religions so it wont only seem we attack the christians... Seun abeg can you do something about giving the christians their own forum so it would seem fair to all.

1 Like

Re: Why Islam Section by Rilwon: 12:34pm On Jan 12, 2015
johnydon22:
i noticed something here in nairaland, islam have a separate section and not only that it is also free of criticism and skeptical analysis... i understand that even the moderators are muslims... why not give the christians their own forum with christian moderators. . .So that this religious forum will be a neutral ground for all... then we agnostics, humanists, atheists and deits will use the religion section only to voice our mind on both the two religions so it wont only seem we attack the christians... Seun abeg can you do something about giving the christians their own forum so it would seem fair to all.

https://www.nairaland.com/1947119/let-us-more-tolerant-each undecided undecided

2 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Why Islam Section by Emusan(m): 4:09pm On Jan 12, 2015
Why do you have to open another account?

Rilwanyne01......

Rilwon:

https://www.nairaland.com/1947119/let-us-more-tolerant-each undecided undecided

If the confession of faith Seun put in the Islamic section was here will you have mouth to talk?

This is the stupid thing that Seun always do when people raise voice about this he will post this link and closed the thread.

Why can't he do the same thing by creating a thread like this in Islamic section, if he's not religious bigotry?

2 Likes

Re: Why Islam Section by Rilwon: 4:30pm On Jan 12, 2015
Emusan:
Why do you have to open another account?

Rilwanyne01......

Reason best known to me

If the confession of faith Seun put in the Islamic section was here will you have mouth to talk?

Of course, that is if he did'nt ban me from commenting, but so far you xtians are not ban from commenting on the IS, you are only obliged to click yes on the shahadah, and peeps that are xtian that can't do without the islamic section did it. tru2god is an example. If same thing is applied here i will click on it if i can't do without this section.

Therefore, I will still have mouth to talk.

This is the stupid thing that Seun always do when people raise voice about this he will post this link and closed the thread.

Why can't he do the same thing by creating a thread like this in Islamic section, if he's not religious bigotry?

@underlined.

NL rule.
20. Please cooperate with the moderators, super-moderators, and administrator. Treat them with respect.

- You are to cooperate with his decision

- You are to treat him with respect.

If you continue throwing insults at them, you will be banned for 2years i think.

So you can deactivaate your account if you are not feeling comfortable with the admin's decision.

Thank you. smiley
Re: Why Islam Section by EvilBrain1(m): 4:35pm On Jan 12, 2015
johnydon22:

Islam has plenty of fanatics who have been constantly threatening fellow Nairalanders, mods and Seun himself with violence and death due to their inability to cope with rational discourse. The Islam section was created to quarantine those fanatics and keep them isolated from the majority of sane people who just want to talk about religion without having to deal with death threats.

The general religion section is open to everybody, Muslims included, its not just for Christians alone. This is a major reason it is so vibrant be cause everybody brings their own point of view, falsehood and irrationality gets challenged and everybody gets to learn something by reading it.

Compare that to the Islam section which is a boring echo chamber rehashing the same tired nonsense over and over like a North Korean news program. The place is a empty wasteland and the only time anything exiting happens there is when a non-Muslim sneaks in to challenge them. Creating a christian section is a bad idea because it is likely to meet the same fate and since Christians are far less likely to kill Seun and the mods, its really not necessary.

The reason they want their own section is because they are tired of being destroyed by secular logic and they want to be able to stifle discussion and post, what is essentially, spam unopposed. This directly against the whole essence of a discussion forum and there is no reason why anybody should humor them. The Muslims get a section because the harbour plenty of violent fanatics and Seun doesn't want to die. Whenever Christians start killing people again, maybe then they can get a section.

17 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Islam Section by disaac73(m): 4:42pm On Jan 12, 2015
EvilBrain1:

Islam has plenty of fanatics who have been constantly threatening fellow Nairalanders, mods and Seun himself with violence and death due to their inability to cope with rational discourse. The Islam section was created to quarantine those fanatics and keep them isolated from the majority of sane people who just want to talk about religion without having to deal with death threats.
The general religion section is open to everybody, Muslims included, its not just for Christians alone. This is a major reason it is so vibrant be cause everybody brings their own point of view, falsehood and irrationality gets challenged and everybody gets to learn something by reading it.
Compare that to the Islam section which is a boring echo chamber rehashing the same tired nonsense over and over like a North Korean news program. The place is a empty wasteland and the only time anything exiting happens there is when a non-Muslim sneaks in to challenge them. Creating a christian section is a bad idea because it is likely to meet the same fate and since Christians are far less likely to kill Seun and the mods, its really not necessary.
The reason they want their own section is because they are tired of being destroyed by secular logic and they want to be able to stifle discussion and post, what is essentially, spam unopposed. This directly against the whole essence of a discussion forum and there is no reason why anybody should humor them. The Muslims get a section because the harbour plenty of violent fanatics and Seun doesn't want to die. Whenever Christians start killing people again, maybe then they can get a section.
Lol. O'l boy; you bad gan

2 Likes

Re: Why Islam Section by johnydon22(m): 4:44pm On Jan 12, 2015
EvilBrain1:

nice one bro... now i understand.

3 Likes

Re: Why Islam Section by Seun(m): 5:26pm On Jan 12, 2015
Due to the religious diversity of the Nairaland community, it's impossible to come up with policies that will make everyone happy. We can't give everyone what they want, even if we try, because some people want the opposite of what some other people want. We do not seek to favour or help or disfavour or harm any religion; our priority is the Nairaland community as a whole - what's best for Nairalanders as a group. If you have complaints about our policies, or questions about why we're doing this or that, please send your complaints to the supermods via the home page. We'll respond to your complaints as quickly as we can and update this thread with the answers to your frequently asked questions.
https://www.nairaland.com/1947119/let-us-more-tolerant-each

(1)

Question About Tithe? / The Limitation And Danger Of "Sola Scriptura" (i.e Scripture/bible Alone) / The Real Truth Pastors Never Tell

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.