Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,187,902 members, 7,933,329 topics. Date: Wednesday, 28 August 2024 at 02:09 AM

CNN Claims Abuja Under The Control Of Boko Haram (Video) - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / CNN Claims Abuja Under The Control Of Boko Haram (Video) (2029 Views)

Faces Of Salkida, Bolori, Wakil Wanted By Nigerian Army Over Boko Haram Video / APC Chairman, Oyegun Claims Abuja-kaduna Railway Project Done By Gej's Govt / Abuja Under Deadly Attack, As FCT Minister Is Declared ‘missing’ (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

CNN Claims Abuja Under The Control Of Boko Haram (Video) by Nobody: 5:38am On Jan 13, 2015
CNN deceived millions of viewers that Boko Haram is now in control of almost the entire North East including Abuja in a report on the Baga Killings earlier today. They even say it is not 2000 people it is actually about 3000 people that were killed from eye witness reports.

Could this be a hint of what is to come? Is there a plan by Boko Haram to capture Abuja? Is there anything stopping them at this point?

-CramJones

Re: CNN Claims Abuja Under The Control Of Boko Haram (Video) by zeal22(m): 5:44am On Jan 13, 2015
Them dey mad!

1 Like

Re: CNN Claims Abuja Under The Control Of Boko Haram (Video) by fitzmayowa: 5:47am On Jan 13, 2015
on their own map, baga is as big as borno and some nigerians will believe this crap...

Talk of crappy journalism...

5 Likes

Re: CNN Claims Abuja Under The Control Of Boko Haram (Video) by Nobody: 5:48am On Jan 13, 2015
let them ride on!!!!
Re: CNN Claims Abuja Under The Control Of Boko Haram (Video) by jorlons(m): 5:50am On Jan 13, 2015
These ppl n badnews are inseperable...they derive pleasure amplifying bad news esp when it does not involve their country....bloody CNNediots

1 Like 1 Share

Re: CNN Claims Abuja Under The Control Of Boko Haram (Video) by lonelydora: 5:53am On Jan 13, 2015
Iberibe! Nonsense. That's why I only watch Aljazeera.
Re: CNN Claims Abuja Under The Control Of Boko Haram (Video) by Nobody: 5:54am On Jan 13, 2015
When President Jonathan is busy going around the country and making a fool of himself - saying Jim Nwobodo is a small thief, and stealing is not corruption and he will restore security after 6 years of consistent failure, why won't Nigeria be taken for a ride? When the President fails to make any statement on such mass murder, why won't foreigners tell our story they way they want.

Oya Mr President Go get a Brazillian butt to back it up on you, you did it during the bringbackourgirls campaign, This woman's is not befitting for a president to celebrate a kidnap or the killings in Baga. Brazillian butt this time Mr. President! When you are done grinding, come we will wait for you in the pools! Cluelessness without bounds is worse than a kid smoking cocaine!

-CramJones

2 Likes

Re: CNN Claims Abuja Under The Control Of Boko Haram (Video) by stinggy(m): 5:54am On Jan 13, 2015
Same way they changed Nigeria location to Niger on African map.
I've stopped listening to their bias news and reports though.
Re: CNN Claims Abuja Under The Control Of Boko Haram (Video) by NighttWalker(m): 5:56am On Jan 13, 2015
If this is what they're showing as territories under boko then it might also be a lie that ISIS has taken half of Iraq

1 Like

Re: CNN Claims Abuja Under The Control Of Boko Haram (Video) by DickDastardly(m): 6:05am On Jan 13, 2015
Dont worry, your buhari will kick them out within 24hrs with you as the civillian army commander. Btw, i noticed you called him "our president", is he? Tired of the name calling already? Isnt he the retarde.3n and clue.less anymore. Also dont blame our very idle and lazy media either. Theres FOI and yet those morons will always make up false stories from posts on social media and "sources that perpetually dont always want to be mentioned". So how can they tell stories they have no detail of?
Truth is that CNN has just forecasted what will become of Nigeria very soon. And the question then will be; DID YOU GENIUNELY SUPPORT THE FIGHT AGAINST BOKOHARAM or ONE OF THOSE NASTY NIGERIANs WHO SAW THE INSURGENCE AS A GOOD POLITICAL TOOL AGAINST MR PRESIDENT & THE RULING PARTY?

I honestly love that CNN map, cause with it, your buhari will have to move back to Dodan Baracks when he wins as he never contributed neither ideas nor advice on how to tackle BH, but will only solve the problem once elected.
Good morning cheesy grin

8 Likes 3 Shares

Re: CNN Claims Abuja Under The Control Of Boko Haram (Video) by Nobody: 7:07am On Jan 13, 2015
Hand work of Isah Sese I guess.

1 Like

Re: CNN Claims Abuja Under The Control Of Boko Haram (Video) by BlackPeni5: 7:07am On Jan 13, 2015
cramjones:
CNN deceived millions of viewers that Boko Haram is now in control of almost the entire North East including Abuja in a report on the Baga Killings earlier today. They even say it is not 2000 people it is actually about 3000 people that were killed from eye witness reports.
Could this be a hint of what is to come? Is there a plan by Boko Haram to capture Abuja? Is there anything stopping them at this point?
-CramJones

OP I'm kinda disappointed in your post as I assumed you were intelligent. Abuja in the picture was indicated as the capital of Nigeria and not an area controlled by Boko Haram. If Abuja was indicated as an are controlled by Boko Haram, the whole map of abuja would have been shown like the other states.

2 Likes

Re: CNN Claims Abuja Under The Control Of Boko Haram (Video) by YouthsPC0: 7:21am On Jan 13, 2015
I know Paris is under the Control of Boko Haram ISIS division but Abuja He'll No
Re: CNN Claims Abuja Under The Control Of Boko Haram (Video) by Nobody: 7:38am On Jan 13, 2015
BlackPeni5:

OP I'm kinda disappointed in your post as I assumed you were intelligent. Abuja in the picture was indicated as the capital of Nigeria and not an area controlled by Boko Haram. If Abuja was indicated as an are controlled by Boko Haram, the whole map of abuja would have been shown like the other states.

Bullshiit. The entire map is fraudulent, and there is no way those areas highlighted constitute ''territory under the control of'' Boko Haram. And YES, they did make it seem like Abuja too was included in their fraudulent 'map of BH occupation'.

1 Like

Re: CNN Claims Abuja Under The Control Of Boko Haram (Video) by Redoil: 7:52am On Jan 13, 2015
Cramjones always dancing skelewu arround BH news since time immemorial
Re: CNN Claims Abuja Under The Control Of Boko Haram (Video) by tuborme: 8:23am On Jan 13, 2015
Thesame CNN that does not know the location of Nigeria on the map!

These dudes lack touch with reality... spreading lies all over the world just to promote American interest.

1 Like

Re: CNN Claims Abuja Under The Control Of Boko Haram (Video) by lekkie073(m): 9:05am On Jan 13, 2015
cramjones:

-CramJones

so u agreed that this is deception? Thank God u reason fine for once in ur life? cool
Re: CNN Claims Abuja Under The Control Of Boko Haram (Video) by Nobody: 9:07am On Jan 13, 2015
I like this [url=cramjones]old troll[/url] cheesy cheesy cheesy.
Re: CNN Claims Abuja Under The Control Of Boko Haram (Video) by lekkie073(m): 9:08am On Jan 13, 2015
NighttWalker:
If this is what they're showing as territories under boko then it might also be a lie that ISIS has taken half of Iraq
good thinking bro, I don't even watch DAT crap of a news TV called CNN again. Even CCTV news are better ...

1 Like

Re: CNN Claims Abuja Under The Control Of Boko Haram (Video) by hazyfm1: 9:16am On Jan 13, 2015
THAT IS NOT FAIR CNN
Re: CNN Claims Abuja Under The Control Of Boko Haram (Video) by Icon4s(m): 9:31am On Jan 13, 2015
No. I don't think so.
Look at the map very well, if you u know the map of the FCT well you will know it is not included. Displaying Abuja on that map is just to show the position of Abuja in relation to the affected areas.

1 Like

Re: CNN Claims Abuja Under The Control Of Boko Haram (Video) by NighttWalker(m): 5:04pm On Jan 13, 2015
lekkie073:
good thinking bro, I don't even watch DAT crap of a news TV called CNN again. Even CCTV news are better ...
I used to love CNN so much now I've lost all respect for them, I'll still watch it a bit but before I believe any of their sensitive news I'll have to see the same thing on BBC, Al Jeazera, CCTV, and 9NEWS.
Re: CNN Claims Abuja Under The Control Of Boko Haram (Video) by NighttWalker(m): 5:06pm On Jan 13, 2015
Icon4s:
No. I don't think so.
Look at the map very well, if you u know the map of the FCT well you will know it is not included. Displaying Abuja on that map is just to show the position of Abuja in relation to the affected areas.
True but is the seized territory in the map true or false?
Re: CNN Claims Abuja Under The Control Of Boko Haram (Video) by saharachic(f): 5:09pm On Jan 13, 2015
cramjones, where is the video? i dont need pic. post the video link!
Re: CNN Claims Abuja Under The Control Of Boko Haram (Video) by edgecution(m): 5:14pm On Jan 13, 2015
cramjones:

-CramJones

When they show map of a country, the CAPITAL of the country must be highlighted. I have been watching the news on Baga for the past 3 days and the correspondent only spoke from Abuja and talked about Baga killings. Even Richard Quest said that its a large scale massacre.
Re: CNN Claims Abuja Under The Control Of Boko Haram (Video) by ba7man(m): 5:24pm On Jan 13, 2015
Maybe since someone once said "PDP is Boko Haram" and Abuja is under the control of PDP Politicians, CNN just worked with that. cheesy
Re: CNN Claims Abuja Under The Control Of Boko Haram (Video) by johnie: 11:41am On Jan 14, 2015
Same way an american "expert" claimed over the weekend on FOX that Birmingham (in the UK) is a "Muslim-only city" where non-Muslims "don't go."

Steven Emerson told the channel that in London "Muslim religious police" beat "anyone who doesn't dress according to Muslim, religious Muslim attire".

He has now been forced to issue an apology after a lot of people called for his head.

An American terrorism commentator has apologised for describing Birmingham as a "Muslim-only city" where non-Muslims "don't go" during a Fox News interview.

Steven Emerson told the channel that in London "Muslim religious police" beat "anyone who doesn't dress according to Muslim, religious Muslim attire".

He later issued an apology for his "terrible error".

His comments have come in for ridicule, with the hashtag #FoxNewsFacts trending on Twitter.

Mr Emerson, who founded a group called The Investigative Project on Terrorism, was giving his perspective on the terror attacks in France to Fox presenter Jeanine Pirro.

'Check your facts'
Birmingham City Council said Mr Emerson's "curious" comments had no foundation, and welcomed his apology, while Birmingham Edgbaston MP Gisela Stuart described the remarks as "stupid".

http://news.bbcimg.co.uk/media/images/80202000/png/_80202071_tweet_02.png

http://news.bbcimg.co.uk/media/images/80202000/png/_80202073_tweet_04.png

On social media, Mr Emerson has been the butt of jokes, while he has been accused of "speaking nonsense" by people posting on his investigative website.

One Twitter user said: "As someone born and raised in Birmingham, I must admit there was a pressure to read the Kerrang."

"I was supposed to go to Birmingham last week but I forgot my passport," said another.

The Guardian's Simon Ricketts on #FoxNewsFacts
I was at home and the video of the Fox News "expert" Steve Emerson had popped up on my Twitter feed and people were rightly expressing their disbelief at what he had said.

I thought it might be funny to counteract the anger with silliness, so I wrote a tweet and stuck the hashtag (#FoxNewsFacts) on it.

Sometimes the best response to such nonsense is satire and mockery, rather than anger and outrage.

Immediately, that proved successful and the people of Twitter did what they do best at times - took an idea and ran with it.

http://www.bbc.com/news/uk-england-30773297

[size=16pt]Maybe we should create a trend #ReportNigeriaCorrectly or #ReportAfricaCorrectly[/size]

#BringBokoHaramToJustice

(1) (Reply)

General Buhari Responds To Fayose controversial Advert In Punch Newspapers / Checkout The BIGGEST Youth Gathering In Ibadan Live Today(pics) / UK Prime Minister Warns Jonathan

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.