Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,181,831 members, 7,915,368 topics. Date: Thursday, 08 August 2024 at 10:01 PM

"why Do We Need So Many Children" - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / "why Do We Need So Many Children" (929 Views)

Is it Plain WICKEDNESS to give birth 2 many Children U can't properly Cater for? / Obasanjo Talks On How Many Children He Have & Late Wife Death (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

"why Do We Need So Many Children" by worldowner(m): 9:52pm On Aug 16, 2006
I  feel like shouting or even crying, nobody is listening to me . i have a cousin who is 38yrs old and he has 6 children already!!  and financially he not doing good, please can someone tell me what is the problem here,although i have one kid myself but he reproaches me.
Re: "why Do We Need So Many Children" by Damsal(f): 11:04pm On Aug 16, 2006
I don't think it's a question of why we need so many children, most people just like giving birth and some children that arrive are unplanned the couple probably had sex and realised awnother kid is on the way. I guess people are not aware of how overpopulated the earth is becoming and how many kids out there need parents.
People want to have their own flesh and bloods ruhnning round their houses and not other people's bastared.
Re: "why Do We Need So Many Children" by Idekeson(m): 1:34am On Aug 17, 2006
Having a kid you cannot provide the opportunity to succeed in a competitive world is stupid and selfish. Don't tell me God will provide or you're ensuring a continuity of your lineage because the kid didn't sign for your self-serving goals.
Re: "why Do We Need So Many Children" by Bhola(f): 1:36am On Aug 17, 2006
I frankly agree with you. Why so many kids? What are you trying to achieve with so many kids? If you so like kids, how about landing an helping hand to say maybe, one of those kids in the orphanage? How about helping a cousin or distant relative struggling in raising their kids? I could continue with the questions. Until Nigerians start to see that you don't have to have fifteen children and that even if you do, you ain't proving anything to anyone.

What I don't understand is this, how about have two kids, take good care of them, they go to good schools, they make good grades, they enjoy family love and attention, because there ain't a lot of them.

Nigerians, the number of kids you have does not say anything about who you are. If you love kids, kindly ADOPT.
Re: "why Do We Need So Many Children" by iice(f): 11:16am On Aug 17, 2006
I dont even think its a question of need, more of a 'want' thing. Some just like to born pikin like Damsal said. The born anyhow when dem no fit even take care of themselves that well, dem wan add more.

(1) (Reply)

Nigerians Are Pieces Of $.h.i.t- Nl / At 4pm Will Be Shot On His Head / Pidgin Thread!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.