Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,172,267 members, 7,884,416 topics. Date: Tuesday, 09 July 2024 at 10:21 AM

#GEJAchievements In Education - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / #GEJAchievements In Education (313 Views)

See The Man Who Invented Exams In Education System[pix] / Project Topics And Materials In Education / Buhari Describes Jonathan’s Achievement In Education Sector As Empty (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

#GEJAchievements In Education by GEJAchievements(m): 1:11pm On Jan 13, 2015
#GEJAchievements in Education 1/5

To improve access to education at all levels, a number of priority investments were made in 2013. These include the construction of 125 Almajiri schools and establishment of 3 additional Federal Universities, to bring the total number of new Federal Universities to 12.

Additionally, special girls’ schools were constructed in 13 States of the Federation. In fiscal year 2013, we rehabilitated 352 science and technical laboratories while 72 new libraries have been constructed in the Federal Unity Schools.

Furthermore, the laboratories of all 51 Federal and State Polytechnics have been rehabilitated and micro-teaching laboratories are being constructed in 58 Federal and State Colleges of Education. The Presidential Special Scholarship programme for first class graduates has commenced with an initial set of 101 beneficiaries. Over 7,000 lecturers from Universities, Polytechnics and Colleges of Education are benefiting from scholarships to support their doctoral training in Nigerian and overseas institutions.

The Federal Government also committed N200 billion to the upgrade and reconstruction of infrastructure for our tertiary institutions.

Did You Know?... More men and women have become literate in the North Central under President Jonathan’s Administration.

Did You Know?... Between 2008 and 2012, school enrolment has increased in the North Central. Enrolment figures for primary, pre-primary and junior secondary schools have gone up remarkably under President Jonathan’s administration.

Enrolment in primary schools increased by 29%, junior secondary schools increased by 35%, and pre-primary school enrolment increased by a whopping 113%. Just like the health reforms, the education reforms have focused on increasing access to education, improving facilities for learning, and quality improvement.

Did You Know? ... Under President Jonathan’s administration, spending on education by UBEC has significantly increased. The large increases in enrolment have been boosted by the increased expenditure on basic education by the Federal Government.

The universal Basic Education Commission (UBEC) has strategically increased expenditure on basic education through a massive increase in its disbursements to states.

Testimonial

My name is Abu Yelwa. I used to beg on the streets. It’s not that I have no parents, I do, but they can’t even take care of us their children, we are 8 for my father, my mother has 5 of us. I’m the second son. Now, I go to school like all the other rich children around. I will like to be a doctor when I grow up.

Compare #Nigeriab4GEJ

(1) (Reply)

LASU 2014/15 School Fees Deadline & Payment Help,call Bursar_08072513301 / Project Topics And Materials In Animal Science / Nairaland Nigerian Students (NNS) Which Way Forward?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.