Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,171,196 members, 7,880,726 topics. Date: Friday, 05 July 2024 at 04:31 AM

12 Simple Ways To Survive The Harmattan - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / 12 Simple Ways To Survive The Harmattan (22790 Views)

Rate The Harmattan In Your Area / Boy Begging A Lady That Carries Oxygen To Survive, Burst Into Tears (Pics) / How Is The Harmattan In Your Area??? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

12 Simple Ways To Survive The Harmattan by Odunharry(m): 6:58pm On Jan 14, 2015
Harmattan affects our health in many ways: our skin, eyes and respiratory tract most vulnerable to the effects of this weather.
The skin suffers dryness
with accompanying cracking of lips,
soles of the feet and sometimes the skin itself. The eyes also suffer from the abundance of dust particles carried along by the winds, thus itching, foreign body sensations and redness may be common especially in those with allergic eye diseases.
A lot of diseases are easily triggered due to this change in weather and lots of care must be taken to avoid fatal consequences.

Here are a few tips on how to make it through this dry patch;

1. Drink lots of water!

2. Avoid carbonated soft drinks. They dehydrate your skin quite bad.

3. Avoid antiseptic soaps during this
weather. Use them only when you
have a skin infection it is meant to treat.Use it even then for a short period and stop.

4. Keep the skin healthy by applying
oily creams and wearing weather
friendly clothing.

8 Likes 5 Shares

Re: 12 Simple Ways To Survive The Harmattan by Odunharry(m): 7:00pm On Jan 14, 2015
5. Use lip balms and apply Vaseline to the soles of the feet to prevent them from cracking.

6. Remember to keep your hair
moisturized and also do hairstyles that keep your hair ends hidden. You can also wrap up your hair to protect it from the dust.

7. Wear warm clothes; they will protect you from the severe cold.

8. Rinse your eyes with clean water
and reduce the exposure to the dust
by wearing protective spectacles.

7 Likes 4 Shares

Re: 12 Simple Ways To Survive The Harmattan by Odunharry(m): 7:02pm On Jan 14, 2015
9. Asthma patients or those with
chronic respiratory conditions should pay special attention to their health and take all possible and practicable measures to reduce exposure to the dusty atmosphere and they should carry their inhalers with them at all times.

10. Sicklers should be vigilant and
keep warm as much as possible to
prevent any crisis.

11. Due to the dusty atmosphere we
should practice a healthy food
preservation culture. Fruits and
vegetables should be properly washed before eating and those of us that store our drinking water should always ensure that the containers are always adequately covered.

12. We can also keep our homes warm but please be careful as this is also the season when we have the most fire accidents. All fires should not be left unattended and we should avoid indiscriminate burning of refuse during this season.

18 Likes 8 Shares

Re: 12 Simple Ways To Survive The Harmattan by Odunharry(m): 7:03pm On Jan 14, 2015
Re: 12 Simple Ways To Survive The Harmattan by Tallesty1(m): 7:13pm On Jan 14, 2015
Just cover your self wella make you no get scales like fish.
holatin:
Avoid scandalous grammar
scandalous grammar kill fast pass harmattan itself.

thats my charity comment
Really?

Sometimes I use big words that I don’t fully understand in an effort to make myself sound more photosynthesis.crycrycry

grincheesycheesycheesy

39 Likes 1 Share

Re: 12 Simple Ways To Survive The Harmattan by Odunharry(m): 7:15pm On Jan 14, 2015
Tallesty1:
grin
buhahahahahah..
Re: 12 Simple Ways To Survive The Harmattan by tattesco(m): 7:16pm On Jan 14, 2015
This hamathan no be childs play. This year own too bad
Re: 12 Simple Ways To Survive The Harmattan by teemanbastos(m): 7:25pm On Jan 14, 2015
cry
Re: 12 Simple Ways To Survive The Harmattan by holatin(m): 7:25pm On Jan 14, 2015
Avoid scandalous grammar
scandalous grammar kill fast pass harmattan itself.

thats my charity comment

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 12 Simple Ways To Survive The Harmattan by dmjinc(m): 7:26pm On Jan 14, 2015
cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry
Re: 12 Simple Ways To Survive The Harmattan by Olukokosir(m): 7:26pm On Jan 14, 2015
ehhhhhhh ...

harmattan tinx
Re: 12 Simple Ways To Survive The Harmattan by Nobody: 7:27pm On Jan 14, 2015
Those people look like mummies ;Dlmao
Re: 12 Simple Ways To Survive The Harmattan by kevv(m): 7:27pm On Jan 14, 2015
Eat, sleep and go about your normal day activities. Thats how you survive the harmattan.

1 Like

Re: 12 Simple Ways To Survive The Harmattan by englishmart(m): 7:27pm On Jan 14, 2015
niggas be like "Lord, I know this harmattan is a way of preparing me for the UK...

10 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 12 Simple Ways To Survive The Harmattan by zuby4real10(m): 7:28pm On Jan 14, 2015
d only thing new here is no.1-3
Re: 12 Simple Ways To Survive The Harmattan by peterpeteru: 7:29pm On Jan 14, 2015
highly informative. But is it advised to take ones bath with warm water?
Re: 12 Simple Ways To Survive The Harmattan by youngds: 7:29pm On Jan 14, 2015
smoke 'good' weed angry

7 Likes

Re: 12 Simple Ways To Survive The Harmattan by siegfried99(m): 7:30pm On Jan 14, 2015
Ok
Re: 12 Simple Ways To Survive The Harmattan by ShakurM(m): 7:31pm On Jan 14, 2015
Op, I go survive am coz this is The Lord ' s way of preparing me for UK! cool
Somebody shout Amen!

4 Likes

Re: 12 Simple Ways To Survive The Harmattan by Nobody: 7:31pm On Jan 14, 2015
Nice tips.
cuddle your partner or drink hot tea.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 12 Simple Ways To Survive The Harmattan by steppin: 7:32pm On Jan 14, 2015
@op,
All this one na long grammar!
Re: 12 Simple Ways To Survive The Harmattan by Nobody: 7:32pm On Jan 14, 2015
grin grin

13 Likes

Re: 12 Simple Ways To Survive The Harmattan by tundeayo2020: 7:32pm On Jan 14, 2015
wake up early and do 20 push ups, then have a nice chilling bathe.

1 Like

Re: 12 Simple Ways To Survive The Harmattan by qloreal: 7:32pm On Jan 14, 2015
That's enough joor, next pls.
Re: 12 Simple Ways To Survive The Harmattan by daramz1(m): 7:32pm On Jan 14, 2015
A.O.P
Re: 12 Simple Ways To Survive The Harmattan by Nobody: 7:32pm On Jan 14, 2015
Thank God no Valentine this year, na God go bless INEC.
Na de best tin wey 9ja government don do 2 help we men since Democracy start.
All Valentine gifts & baby take me out is over till 2016. So on dat day send ur baby 'Happy Election Day',
no movement no 4get ooo: 'No Shopping'.
Even at nite, everywhere will be tensed up.
Chai. Hehehehhe

9 Likes

Re: 12 Simple Ways To Survive The Harmattan by Nmeri17: 7:33pm On Jan 14, 2015
13) move in with yo girlfriend cool

o ga chu gi oyi Uguru!! cheesy

1 Like

Re: 12 Simple Ways To Survive The Harmattan by qloreal: 7:33pm On Jan 14, 2015
tchidi:
A
Haba, you just stole my space.
Re: 12 Simple Ways To Survive The Harmattan by Nobody: 7:33pm On Jan 14, 2015
Using hot oil to bath is included abi?

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

ID Card Importance: My Horrible Experiences / How Would You Feel If A Loved One Forgot Your Birthday? / List Of Nigerians With Private Jets

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.