Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,171,199 members, 7,880,741 topics. Date: Friday, 05 July 2024 at 05:14 AM

A Northern Muslim Girl's Letter To Christians - Religion (11) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / A Northern Muslim Girl's Letter To Christians (21523 Views)

Shiites Give A Drawing Of Jesus To Christians In Bauchi To Promote Peace / Are You Ready? A Short Message To Christians By Lyoncrescent / Why Use The Letter 'X' When Referring To Christians? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: A Northern Muslim Girl's Letter To Christians by Nobody: 6:43am On Jan 25, 2015
sameera025:
Hello everyone, I just wanted to share my story and invite Christians who have reservations about Islam to post their questions about the religion here so that we can all understand each other more and hopefully as I result I will be able to change the opinions of those of you who look at our religion in such a negative light.

I am a northern Muslim who was born and raised in the United States. Growing up I was always ashamed of being a Muslim because Islam was hated and considered as weird in the society. As a young child I badly wanted to be a Christian because it seemed easier and cooler. My friends didn't know I was a Muslim because I hid that side of myself. I didn't cover my hair, I dressed as my friends did, I wouldn't pray like I was meant to. I didn't get why it was so important to do all those things. I believed that if anything, practicing my religion would just make me unpopular in school and a bully target.
I recall an incident when I was about 6 years old and a friend of mine found an Islamic book in my room. We rummaged through the pages and made fun of the Arabic words, the names we considered to be funny and it was because we were so young and didn't understand it all.
I moved to Nigeria as a teenager and it was here that I felt comfortable being a Muslim. Being around so many other Muslims and Christians who were accepting of the religion made me feel comfortable in practicing Islam. I began covering up, and when I did I felt the importance of it. As a woman, when you cover up you feel as sense of protection. You don't obsess as much about your looks because your body is concealed. No obsessing over how your hair looks, getting attachments all that pressure because no one can see it. I began to pray daily and at doing so I became a happier person. I felt a closeness towards God and a sense of protection and guidance.
I'm ashamed at how I as a child I was embarrassed of my religion. At this point in life I couldn't be more proud to be a muslim. It's still tough being a Muslim in the world today and I know that won't go away soon. But one thing I need you all to understand is the Islam I and a majority of other Muslims practice do not agree with boko Haram and other terrorist groups and their beliefs, the killings, the hatred. We are appalled by their acts even more than Christians are. The fact that they do such heinous acts in the name of our religion which clearly condemns against such.
The more things seem to escalate with terrorism in the country and around the world, the more I observe how Christians are turning against Islam and how southerners seem to distinguish themselves from the "northerners". It breaks my heart because when I moved here Christians were soo accepting of me, the religion. I got the treatment and acceptance from Nigerian Christians more than I could have ever imagined receiving so In America.
I don't choose my friends based on religion or tribe. I love all Nigerians alike. I wish a lot more people could feel the same way too.
Anyways I've gone on for too long. I just wanted to share my story in the hopes that I can shed Islam in another light. I know it is a religion that is misunderstood. If you have any questions please ask, I would love to have peaceful discussions and start a little campaign to get Muslims and Christians across the country to work together and love each other again.
empire, ya and I know too well, dat islam sees female as d weakest. How abt women dat re bin arrested in saudi for driving car all becos of sharia, wad will ya say abt d saudi blogger dat is bin lashed and jailed all becos dey said its haram, and yet dis foolish arabs too twits. How abt ISIL, killing and saying its jihad as commanded to dem by ahllah and muhammed, how abt d virgins like 72 promised by muhammed to d suicide bombers. How abt old men marrying children as young as 13 (senator yerima) and saying d prophet did it so its allowed, how abt d ISIL raping yazidi grls and saying muhammed(disaster upon him) shared and enjoyed d spoilt of wars by straffing slave grls. How abt killing converts of islam to christianity. Wadz ya say in all of dis, how abt d chibok grls, dat were taken by fellow muslims and still call on d name of Allah and muhammed. D guy did more harms dan good, he's d reason y d world know no peace. Remember 1.3 billion can't win d war against d rest of d world, just as president sisi of egypt a muslim said it. Ma bro, ya know d truth, and d truth is islam is violent, islam strives and belives in radicalism. Boko haram hezbollah hamas al quaeda ISIL sunni fighters talibans(pakistani and iraq and afghanistan) al shabaab, iran shiite, all dis re muslims sponsored terror groups and all preach abt jihad as said by muhammed. So ya see y I say islam is d problem of dis world? Google president sisi speech on d nid to remove d radical elements in d koran. D world will be a better place.
Re: A Northern Muslim Girl's Letter To Christians by Grace2love: 6:58am On Jan 25, 2015
Op, shed light more on sura 2:191. Can the same God the muslims claim to be worshiping still tell them to kill or it is topographical error?
Re: A Northern Muslim Girl's Letter To Christians by 9jaforlife: 9:38am On Jan 25, 2015
lastmessenger:

Exactly what I am saying? The stuff I am trying to share is far beyond your ability to understand. Just take a rest boy. I did not write that for people like you.

When people are devoid of reasoning, they resort to insults and abuses! undecided

I didn't know that the kingdom was meant for only a section of people; I thought it should be meant for all grin Perhaps Jesus told you "go into the world and win souls of GENIUSES for me" cheesy
Re: A Northern Muslim Girl's Letter To Christians by lastmessenger: 10:03am On Jan 25, 2015
9jaforlife:

When people are devoid of reasoning, they resort to insults and abuses! undecided

I didn't know that the kingdom was meant for only a section of people; I thought it should be meant for all grin Perhaps Jesus told you "go into the world and win souls of GENIUSES for me" cheesy

There is a condition for gaining understanding and the condition is that you have to do away with your preconceived notion about a particular matter.
Here you already believe that Christianity doe not make sense. This only implies that no matter now hard I tried, you will never understand.
Boy lets not overemphasise on this matter.
Re: A Northern Muslim Girl's Letter To Christians by myproperty(m): 1:18pm On Jan 25, 2015
sameera025:

The only reason why I'm am answering this post is to clarify this to others who may read your post and think you make sense. Your behavior and the way you conduct your conversations do not deserve my acknowledgment. You are here to represent your religion yet you do not do so in commendable manner. Telling a religious person they worship the devil. Your actions don't in any way reflect the character of Jesus who you look up to.

Yes, Islam denies the crucifixion and resurrection of Jesus. Muslims believe that God rescued Jesus from the schemes of the unbelievers and raised Christ to heaven. The general Islamic view is that someone else was crucified in Jesus' place, Judas Iscariot was the one whom the unbelievers killed.

Judas was made to look like Jesus on the night when Christ was to be crucified. The unbelieving Jews thought that they had crucified Christ when in reality it was Judas that they had killed.

Why give the enemy the power of killing Jesus? Wouldn't that be them winning? Were they acting in the way of God by helping God kill him for his sins. No, they were killing him for the faith he was spreading. When they killed him, was he dying for the sins of the jews who brutaly crucified him as well?

If anything, Islam does more justice to Jesus for not giving the enemy the satisfaction of having killing someone so special as the messenger of God. Jesus had the last laugh.

There is no false religion for where you believe the messengers before Jesus did not know of Jesus as Jesus but as the father that know one has told me about yet, We believe all the messengers worshiped and spread the message of the same, one Almighty God from the beginning.

I expect you to speak based on your religious belief as a Muslim and then Christians would also speak based on their religious belief. Judas Iscariot has been death(Matthew 27:3–10) before Christ was crucified and his position as a disciple was filled up by Mathias according to the Bible. The piercing of Christ hands and legs was prophesied more than 1000years before Christ came in psalm22:16

" Dogs surround me,
a pack of villains encircles me;
they pierce my hands and my feet"

Christ did not just come everything concerning him was prophesied.

the question is if Judas was crucified in place of Christ as the Qur'an says what offense did Judas commit according to the Qur'an or was Judas just killed for nothing in place of Christ. The Bible gave a vivid description of the death of Christ from His betrayal to His arrest and death. On the Cross a thief was forgiven for believing in Him, if it was Judas that was crucified would it happen?
Re: A Northern Muslim Girl's Letter To Christians by 9jaforlife: 5:26pm On Jan 25, 2015
lastmessenger:

There is a condition for gaining understanding and the condition is that you have to do away with your preconceived notion about a particular matter.
Here you already believe that Christianity doe not make sense. This only implies that no matter now hard I tried, you will never understand.
Boy lets not overemphasise on this matter.

You really tried... By telling me that I was a baby and that understanding Christianity is as hard as algebra. You also tried by saying to me "I did not write that for people like you.", and so on.

Grandpa, I think christians need that advice you posted up there more than any Muslim, and you're the one who is overemphasizing here, I already begged you in Jesus' name to save me further lecture/torture!
Re: A Northern Muslim Girl's Letter To Christians by LordReed(m): 5:57pm On Jan 25, 2015
Rich4god:
Make I ask 1st *before I read am*

Why is it that most rich muslims are moderate in their view about Islam, they value education, sometimes walk the street without hijad... But the reverse is the case for the poor once.

Easy, anyone disenfranchised by a system is easy to be turned towards revolution.
Re: A Northern Muslim Girl's Letter To Christians by lastmessenger: 6:40pm On Jan 25, 2015
9jaforlife:

You really tried... By telling me that I was a baby and that understanding Christianity is as hard as algebra. You also tried by saying to me "I did not write that for people like you.", and so on.

Grandpa, I think christians need that advice you posted up there more than any Muslim, and you're the one who is overemphasizing here, I already begged you in Jesus' name to save me further lecture/torture!
When did I become your granpa?
Re: A Northern Muslim Girl's Letter To Christians by 9jaforlife: 6:49pm On Jan 25, 2015
lastmessenger:

When did I become your granpa?

When did I become your newly born
Re: A Northern Muslim Girl's Letter To Christians by lastmessenger: 7:00pm On Jan 25, 2015
9jaforlife:

When did I become your newly born
I never called yu a new born baby.
Re: A Northern Muslim Girl's Letter To Christians by 9jaforlife: 7:26pm On Jan 25, 2015
lastmessenger:

I never called yu a new born baby.

Read your post below

lastmessenger:

No matter how much you try a new born baby will never understand algebra

You didn't have to call me directly.. You implied it undecided
Re: A Northern Muslim Girl's Letter To Christians by lastmessenger: 7:39pm On Jan 25, 2015
9jaforlife:

Read your post below

You didn't have to call me directly.. You implied it undecided

You win
Re: A Northern Muslim Girl's Letter To Christians by Macelliot(m): 9:30pm On Jan 25, 2015
This thread should have hit fp since it was created... Hmm, Ishilove, Lalasticlala, do the needful.
Re: A Northern Muslim Girl's Letter To Christians by Ishilove: 9:33pm On Jan 25, 2015
Macelliot:
This thread should have hit fp since it was created... Hmm, Ishilove, Lalasticlala, do the needful.
It has already been on the front page
Re: A Northern Muslim Girl's Letter To Christians by Macelliot(m): 9:49pm On Jan 25, 2015
Ishilove:

It has already been on the front page
I don't miss Fp topics.
Take a look. Only 2,700+ views....
If it has already been on front page, I am sure it would exceed 25,000+ views.... Do the needful.
Re: A Northern Muslim Girl's Letter To Christians by ikennaj44: 1:06pm On May 05, 2015
@sameera, it seems like Muslims are trained to be professionals in playing Taqiyya and kitman, its not the fault of you and your co. its Muhammad's fault, you believe you are doing a good work by presenting a whitewashed verses of quran as a kitmam you are to fool the kuffars.
one of the shocking things about islam is the conditions and manner in which Muhammad received verses of quran as in below

Muhammad said:

“Divine Inspirations do not come to
me on any of the beds except that of
Aisha.”
{Sahih Bukhari Volume 3, Book 47,
Number 755}

the Divine inspiration never came
to me while I was under the blanket
of any woman amongst you except
her(aisha)."
{Sahih Bukhari Volume 5, Book 57,
Hadith 119}

how can a sane person call quran holy?
so Muhammad must be in bed with aisha before revelations come, what kind of god is Allah that he only convey his massage in the heat of sexual relation between muhammed and his favourite baby wife?

Muhammad even liken islam as a snake that will crawl back into it hole, because he started it as a strange thing
Re: A Northern Muslim Girl's Letter To Christians by misreal(m): 1:49pm On May 05, 2015
sameera025:
Hello everyone, I just wanted to share my story and invite Christians who have reservations about Islam to post their questions about the religion here so that we can all understand each other more and hopefully as I result I will be able to change the opinions of those of you who look at our religion in such a negative light.

I am a northern Muslim who was born and raised in the United States. Growing up I was always ashamed of being a Muslim because Islam was hated and considered as weird in the society. As a young child I badly wanted to be a Christian because it seemed easier and cooler. My friends didn't know I was a Muslim because I hid that side of myself. I didn't cover my hair, I dressed as my friends did, I wouldn't pray like I was meant to. I didn't get why it was so important to do all those things. I believed that if anything, practicing my religion would just make me unpopular in school and a bully target.
I recall an incident when I was about 6 years old and a friend of mine found an Islamic book in my room. We rummaged through the pages and made fun of the Arabic words, the names we considered to be funny and it was because we were so young and didn't understand it all.
I moved to Nigeria as a teenager and it was here that I felt comfortable being a Muslim. Being around so many other Muslims and Christians who were accepting of the religion made me feel comfortable in practicing Islam. I began covering up, and when I did I felt the importance of it. As a woman, when you cover up you feel as sense of protection. You don't obsess as much about your looks because your body is concealed. No obsessing over how your hair looks, getting attachments all that pressure because no one can see it. I began to pray daily and at doing so I became a happier person. I felt a closeness towards God and a sense of protection and guidance.
I'm ashamed at how I as a child I was embarrassed of my religion. At this point in life I couldn't be more proud to be a muslim. It's still tough being a Muslim in the world today and I know that won't go away soon. But one thing I need you all to understand is the Islam I and a majority of other Muslims practice do not agree with boko Haram and other terrorist groups and their beliefs, the killings, the hatred. We are appalled by their acts even more than Christians are. The fact that they do such heinous acts in the name of our religion which clearly condemns against such.
The more things seem to escalate with terrorism in the country and around the world, the more I observe how Christians are turning against Islam and how southerners seem to distinguish themselves from the "northerners". It breaks my heart because when I moved here Christians were soo accepting of me, the religion. I got the treatment and acceptance from Nigerian Christians more than I could have ever imagined receiving so In America.
I don't choose my friends based on religion or tribe. I love all Nigerians alike. I wish a lot more people could feel the same way too.
Anyways I've gone on for too long. I just wanted to share my story in the hopes that I can shed Islam in another light. I know it is a religion that is misunderstood. If you have any questions please ask, I would love to have peaceful discussions and start a little campaign to get Muslims and Christians across the country to work together and love each other again.
what if you don't know that Islam supports jihad.how can a group of people from different part of the world practice the same thing and you say they are wrong..e.g.alshabab,Isis,alqaeda,bokoharam.etcsure there is no smoke without fire.
Re: A Northern Muslim Girl's Letter To Christians by ikennaj44: 5:30pm On May 07, 2015
the initiator of this thread is full of deception, and truth is never found in his word, I even suspect he is a man masquerading as a female. in Islamic quran, the quran can be partitioned into two segment, the quran of mecca and the quran of medina, but the two separate surah's or verses were concocted together as quran, the quran of medina was a later revelations which abrogated the quran of mecca, thus rendering the quran of mecca invalid, but they are still in one book called quran.

the quran of mecca verses was revealed by Muhammad when he was seeking converts into his new found religion, the verse seen humane and non-violent, this is when Muhammad was weak and with very few converts. the people of meccans were not buying his gibberish preach, there Muhammad spent up to 10 - 13 years in mecca trying to win convert but to no avail. Muhammad with anger moved to medina with few of his converts were quran of medina started, Muhammad claimed that the meccans are planning to kill him, if meccans wanted to kill him how did he spent up to 13 years in mecca. when Muhammad moved to medina with his few converts, he turned violent, they started raiding caravans and sharing booty and woman captured in the raid among themselves, with Muhammad revealing sura (quranic verse) supporting their actions, this becomes permissible is islam as far as its against the infidels, this pleasure of sharing captured properties and treasures become highly attractive to people in medina who knows that once they convert, they will partake in the share, even if they are killed in the jihad against infidels, they will go to paradise and marry 72virgins, this become interesting, the only religion as of that time giving such incentives. the verses Muhammad revealed in medina was opposite of what he revealed 10 years ago in mecca when he was peacefully to gain acceptance. in medina the quran revealed in mecca became abrogated verse. example of quran of mecca and quran of medina in opposition are below,

MECCAN QURAN:

surah 45:14, Tell those who believe, to forgive those
who do not look forward to the Days of
Allah: It is for Him to recompense (for
good or ill) each People according to what they have earned.

MEDINA QURAN:

surah 9:29, Fight those who believe not in Allah nor
the Last Day, nor hold that forbidden
which hath been forbidden by Allah and
His Messenger, nor acknowledge the
religion of Truth, (even if they are) of the
People of the Book, until they pay the
Jizya with willing submission, and feel
themselves subdued.

===>>>note that two opposite thing can not be valid at the same time, one must give way for the other. since those meccan verses were not removed from quran, the verses become an avenue of lying to infidels to bring out their vulnerability and deceive them, either to kill them or convert them, because this is the two options devout Muslims give to non-Muslims. lying to non-Muslims is permitted in islam, its called Taqiyya. even a Muslim can deny he is a Muslim to fool non-Muslims

I see the initiator of this thread quoted, there's no compulsion in religion, this is from quran of mecca, which have been abrogated with later verses of medina quran of violent against non-Muslims.

1 Like

Re: A Northern Muslim Girl's Letter To Christians by ikennaj44: 8:00pm On May 07, 2015
only radical Muslims are the true Muslims, because they the jihadist or devout Muslims who follow "sunnah", sunna is Muhammad deeds or lifestyle. according to Muhammad, he said, he is leaving two things for Muslims, the quran and the sunnah. it is impossible for a person to claim he is a Muslim without being a radical Muslim, its only radical Muslims are permitted in islam according to Muhammad, quran and hadith confirmed it.

one of Muhammad saying, he said, never call yourself a Muslim if you have never fight jihad, or think of fighting jihad, you are nothing but a hypocrite,
the punishment of hypocrite is that the real Muslims should kill them, and hereafter Allah will burn them in hell fire.
Muhammad's sunnah is a life of jihad, retaliation, intolerant, anger, lack of forgiveness, etc

below is example of life of Muhammad intolerant of others.===>>>

Sahih Bukhari, Volume 4, Book 53,
Number 392
Narrated Abu Huraira:
While we were in the Mosque, the
Prophet came out and said, "Let us go to
the Jews" We went out till we reached
Bait-ul-Midras. He said to them, "If you
embrace Islam, you will be safe. You
should know that the earth belongs to
Allah and His Apostle, and I want to expel
you from this land. So, if anyone amongst
you owns some property, he is permitted
to sell it, otherwise you should know that
the Earth belongs to Allah and His
Apostle."

<<=== how can a person say he is following Muhammad's sunnah, and still call him or herself a good person.

it is totally impossible to be a genuine Muslim without being a jihadist(terrorists). jihad is a must upon any body who call him/herself a Muslim, according to Islamic books from Muhammad. Muslims will continue killing non-Muslims until they conquer the world for Allah, this are found in Islamic books, tomorrow a Muslim will come and shout islam is a religion of peace, its only when Sunni Muslims are existing on earth
Re: A Northern Muslim Girl's Letter To Christians by ikennaj44: 7:03pm On May 08, 2015
The initiator of this thread quoted "quran 2:256" somewhere above, which said, "No compulsion in religion". as part of his effort to present islam to a good light, or as a tolerant religion. he equally assert that islam or quran does not prescribe death punishment for apostasy(I.e Muslims for leave islam, or Ex-Muslims), this is a pure lie. let's consider the below verses:--

note that quran or surah 2:256 was revealed in mecca, and it was abrogated when Muhammad moved to medina with medina verses which invalidated sura 2:256.
LATER REVELATIONS:

sahih Bukhari 9.84.57, whoever changed his Islamic religion, then kill him.
does this verse sounds romantic to Muslims who want to leave islam or Ex-Muslims. this is authoritative order for Muslims to kill any Muslim who leave islam, this also give ground for honor killings which is prevalent among Muslim communities.

quran 2:217 (Muhammad), they
ask you about fighting in the sacred
month. Tell them that it is a great sin.
However, creating an obstacle in the way
of Allah, disbelief in Him and the Sacred
Mosque, and driving away the neighbors
of the Sacred Mosque is an even greater
sin in the sight of Allah: Disbelief in Allah is worse than committing murder. (The
pagans) still try to fight you to make you
give up your religion. The deeds in this
life of those of you who give up their
religion and who die disbelievers will be
made void and in the life hereafter. These
people will be the dwellers of Hell
wherein they will remain forever.

===>>>this above verse forbid Muslims to leave islam, and ask them(Muslims) not to kill non- Muslims during sacred month which is ramaddan because of fasting and praying associated with it to avoid distractions, but after the sacred month they can start killing non-Muslims.

===>>>note, once you are a non-Muslim, you are considered fighting with Allah and Muhammad, an enemy of Allah, because you are in opposition with Allah and Muhammad when you are in another religion other than islam.
Re: A Northern Muslim Girl's Letter To Christians by Supremecc(m): 8:34am On May 11, 2020
sameera025:

How can you we should work together, when it favour the Muslim you guys will say let work together but if it doesn't you guyz will go bizarre.
Why is it that christian men can't marry Muslim women in peace without him converting to Muslim to gain acceptance ,but Muslim believed it is their right to marry christian girl and convert her to Muslim.
Re: A Northern Muslim Girl's Letter To Christians by LebenNG: 12:37pm On May 28, 2021
sameera025:

Them not wanting their kids to go to school is an issue of culture which they try to justify with religion but our religion clearly states the seeking knowledge (education) is in the way of Islam.
then why is western education a swagging haram?

The education you mean here is the almajiri type(arabic and quran education).
Thank you.

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply)

Pastor Enenche And Wife Visit UATH, Donate Food, Medical Items / Pidgin English Bible Launched In Warri / Who Is Your Best Nigerian Gospel Musician and Why?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 102
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.