Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,198,029 members, 7,966,794 topics. Date: Friday, 04 October 2024 at 11:43 PM

How The Elections Are Already Being Rigged - Vanguard - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / How The Elections Are Already Being Rigged - Vanguard (37313 Views)

Buhari: 'elections Are Not Always Easy In Africa' / If Elections Are Held 100 Times , Mark Will Always Win -PDP Tells Onjeh / Attention: Ward 022, Ejigbo Lagos Is Being Rigged (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How The Elections Are Already Being Rigged - Vanguard by Nobody: 8:38am On Jan 15, 2015
Iroh88:
I was getting irritated by the writer's bias, but when I got to the point below:
I couldn't stomach the irritation anymore.

Firstly, the writer made it sound as though it is INEC's fault some people have decided not to go out and collect their PVCs!! Of course not all eligible voters have theirs ready (which is a lapse that cuts across all the geopolitical zones), but the writer tried to make it look as though people from "Jonathan's strongholds" are the worst hit. Does he have a proof of that??

INEC published a data detailing the percentage PVC collection as against what has been made available across the country and one saw that Lagos, which constitutes one of the major advantages of the opposition, was lagging behind with barely over 50% of cards available collected so far, while states like Akwa-Ibom has very large percentage (84% there about). I bet the writer is ignorant of this!!! Does INEC have to coerce voters to go out and collect their PVCs?? The answer is, NO!

And back to the highly disgraceful quote above; the writer stated the incidences of violence the opposition has suffered as though it were some minor thing that could easily be waved aside, yet when he mentioned those suffered by PDP, he sounded like heaven was about to fall!! Tell me, since he chose to use the words apart from, let me join him in the game of "trivialising": now, "apart from" the burning of Jonathan's bus and the destruction of his campaign posters, what other casualty has PDP suffered?? People (APC members) were shot at at in PH and their secretariat bombed, but the writer imagines these are of lesser severity compared to burning of a bus and destruction of posters from the tone of his voice!!shocked

How bias can a journalist be!!!

This write up is one of such things that fuel the violence the writer wants to make us believe he's preaching against. The guy must be restrained before he causes more harm.

When I got to that quote, I stopped and decided to check out the link. I wasn't surprised when I saw the name of the writer.

Smh.

Barcanista, my ban ends today. Will be back guns blazing!!! Donphilopus I dey hail oo.
I share your views. I noticed that those states with highest PVC collection rates were States determined to vote out Jonathan (not necessarily PDP), while their counterparts with low PVC collection rates are States with PDP stronghold whose Voters are yet to decide whether to vote for Jonathan or not.

The writer accusing on irrational ground of low PVC collection rates in PDP strongholds (Note that INEC is not responsible for this) forget to draw attention to total unavailability or inability of INEC to print PVC in many polling booths and wards in some APC strongholds which affects the incumbent Governor of Lagos States who have to re-register in order to be eligible to vote.

If at all the election has been rigged, it must have been in favour of Jonathan and PDP.

I believe INEC at National level can be trusted to conduct fair elections but same do not apply to her state officials on whom the she will make her declaration of winners.

1 Like

Re: How The Elections Are Already Being Rigged - Vanguard by SUBMARINE: 8:38am On Jan 15, 2015
GhaliNaaba:

Second term for a man who has mentality of a deputy governor? God forbid in Jesus name!!!!

Power Must Go Round

If you never liked him and you wanted change and not power, you would presented a SS person eg Oshiomole cool

1 Like

Re: How The Elections Are Already Being Rigged - Vanguard by oweman: 8:39am On Jan 15, 2015
[quote author=SUBMARINE post=29803804]

As GEJ said we shall see

I want to believe he now understands that we the SS SE and other oppressed minorities are fully behind him

GEJ must win and any violent protest will be met fire for fire >

Jonathan is expected to announce withdrwal from the polls three days before election day .
This post is meant to settle the minds of Jonathan e-warriors on nairaland.

1 Like

Re: How The Elections Are Already Being Rigged - Vanguard by queencalipso(f): 8:39am On Jan 15, 2015
Newkidoo:

So is that buhari's fault
Girl, am sorry for wat is happening in north, some are really fed up of this administration and are ready to fight to this last to see that this administration doesn't return..
But, that is not buhari's fault in any way!!
it is his fault some how, from his statements the only language this people understand is kill especially when is coming from someone they worship as a demigod then they blieve it is right to do so.

1 Like

Re: How The Elections Are Already Being Rigged - Vanguard by ccollins(m): 8:40am On Jan 15, 2015
Iroh88:
I was getting irritated by the writer's bias, but when I got to the point below:

Firstly, the writer made it sound as though it is INEC's fault some people have decided not to go out and collect their PVCs!! Of course not all eligible voters have theirs ready (which is a lapse that cuts across all the geopolitical zones), but the writer tried to make it look as though people from "Jonathan's strongholds" are the worst hit. Does he have a proof of that??

INEC published a data detailing the percentage PVC collection as against what has been made available across the country and one saw that Lagos, which constitutes one of the major advantages of the opposition, was lagging behind with barely over 50% of cards available collected so far, while states like Akwa-Ibom has very large percentage (84% there about). I bet the writer is ignorant of this!!! Does INEC have to coerce voters to go out and collect their PVCs?? The answer is, NO!

And back to the highly disgraceful quote above; the writer stated the incidences of violence the opposition has suffered as though it were some minor thing that could easily be waved aside, yet when he mentioned those suffered by PDP, he sounded like heaven was about to fall!! Tell me, since he chose to use the words apart from, let me join him in the game of "trivialising": now, "apart from" the burning of Jonathan's bus and the destruction of his campaign posters, what other casualty has PDP suffered?? People (APC members) were shot at at in PH and their secretariat bombed, but the writer imagines these are of lesser severity compared to burning of a bus and destruction of posters from the tone of his voice!!shocked

This write up is one of such things that fuel the violence the writer wants to make us believe he's preaching against. The guy must be restrained before he causes more harm.

When I got to that quote, I stopped and decided to check out the link. I wasn't surprised when I saw the name of the writer.

Smh.

Barcanista, my ban ends today. Will be back guns blazing!!! Donphilopus I dey hail oo.
thanks a lot my brother for being logical and not beclouding your sense of judgement.. Also you can also remember where the biased journalist abused people who use the internet as regards elections saying they were mischief makers.. I must note that we are in a democratic era and I don't see anything wrong with freedom of speech on internet

1 Like

Re: How The Elections Are Already Being Rigged - Vanguard by pamcode(m): 8:40am On Jan 15, 2015
MansaMoussa:
Nonsense! While the Average Northerner is willing to stand in the Harmattan Cold from Dawn till Dusk to collect his PVC, His Eastern Counterpart would rather Stay in his Shop and expect INEC to bring the PVCs to him there!

Go and Collect Your PVCs and stop ranting on Media!
First of all you opinion might be right in some cases bt in most cases it is wrong for example in my local government the pvc centers that registration and collection was due to take place was vacant for most of the first process of collecting, infact after the first two days no inec officials was seen again in other words anyone that wants to collect his pvc would have to go to the local government area which is quite far from our area, in other words those who work for long hours will be at a disadvantage. Another reason for the low collection is inability of inec officials to find names of peole with TVC on their database in others words no pvc for them and this is the problem throughout the whole state, which is likely to be what happens in other states too. So i cannot but agree with the write-up of the op though he sounds biased but it the bitter truth
Re: How The Elections Are Already Being Rigged - Vanguard by mapet: 8:41am On Jan 15, 2015
I thought I was the only one that saw it. First off, of the few that bother to read the article, many on NL seems not to pause and analyze the logic of it.

1. GMB's unfettered access to SE & SS as claimed is normal and should be the ideal. Every citizen has the right to move about and carry our legitimate endeavours. It is not about the purported welcoming nature of the opposition as claimed
2. Violence and skirmishes have always come prior to, during and after the elections and it is the duty of law enforcement agencies to prevent, arrest and prosecute the offenders. I don't understand the recourse to throw such back and lay the blame on opposition
3. On the issue of APC's threat to form a parallel government, I think the issue that should be looked at it the precondition. Do we want a Free and Fair election? Should we allow elections to be rigged? are we to just allow some few to desecrate our electoral institution just for their selfish aim......

For me the writer's intelligence is scratch.....
Iroh88:

Smh.

1 Like

Re: How The Elections Are Already Being Rigged - Vanguard by SUBMARINE: 8:42am On Jan 15, 2015
EUROBOMBER:

Correct! let it said loud and clear that buhari will never rule in the SS or SE.

Enough said.

Enough of this hypocrisy

Power must go round

We don't want Born To Rule mentality

This time the SE must stand behind SS and call the bluff of these political hypocrites.
cool

1 Like

Re: How The Elections Are Already Being Rigged - Vanguard by Nobody: 8:44am On Jan 15, 2015
SUBMARINE:

Enough of this hypocrisy

Power must go round

We don't want Born To Rule mentality

This time the SE must stand behind SS and call the bluff of these political hypocrites.
cool

Yes my brother. If it becomes too much then buhari can rule arewa+oduduwa republic but his government will NEVER be accepted in the SE or SS. We believe in justice; power must go round. There must be equity and fairness.

1 Like

Re: How The Elections Are Already Being Rigged - Vanguard by Nobody: 8:45am On Jan 15, 2015
A grossly one - sided report! undecided

It's obvious the writer is a bias GEJ supporter but he should have known that it's not the responsibility of the opposition to provide voter's card to eligible and registered electorates.
If his pained that the strongholds of the APC have been more faithful to collection of the PVCs, then he should encourage GEJ supporters to go pick theirs. INEC says 20 million cards are yet to be claimed. INEC is not going to deliver the cards to their door posts.

On the issue of violence and the north being hostile to GEJ re-election, I believe everyone should be allowed to campaign in all parts of the country. Buhari has enjoyed a very successful campaign in the south without much rancour but violence have nonetheless been registered in Rivers.

#GMB 2019

2 Likes

Re: How The Elections Are Already Being Rigged - Vanguard by Newkidoo(m): 8:46am On Jan 15, 2015
queencalipso:
it is his fault some how, from his statements the only language this people understand is kill especially when is coming from someone they worship as a demigod then they blieve it is right to do so.
Can you quote one of the statement he made that you think incited such violence!!
If you could blame buhari, also blame Gej cos I believe if he had done great works in his 6years in office, this won't be the case!!
Re: How The Elections Are Already Being Rigged - Vanguard by Janedoe26(f): 8:46am On Jan 15, 2015
R

1 Like

Re: How The Elections Are Already Being Rigged - Vanguard by Newkidoo(m): 8:49am On Jan 15, 2015
SUBMARINE:

This year you will know that the worthless phone you are using got to the Nigerian market because of the dollars gotten from the ND oil sold cool

I hope you have being liberated from economic illiteracy by my explanation grin
Some are really senseless!! You are surely one of the senseless human have ever encountered in my life!!
Countries without oil, don't they use phones!! Huh This guy abeg let us stop here!! You are beginning to sound idiotic to me!! Ciao!!

1 Like

Re: How The Elections Are Already Being Rigged - Vanguard by Newkidoo(m): 8:51am On Jan 15, 2015
Janedoe26:
Progress will only come when we set aside our ethnic inclination and face the facts before us.
First, on the PVC collection, the fact can't be denied that Northerners are more politically aware even down to the so called "illiterate" the spend their time listening to BBC Hausa and the likes, the desire to partake and go all out to make sure they have an impact. It then comes as no surprise that most of them have gotten their PVCs. Unlike the South where most people are elites and they are uninterested, building careers and saying things like "politics is a dirty game" or "I'm not into politics" not knowing that politics has a big role to play in how businesses thrive.
Secondly, the writer is biased because the PDP are also making threats here and there and if the incumbent cannot secure peace then it goes to show how unpopular the party is.
If after six years PDP cannot argue with evidence of achievement they do not deserve a chance to rule 4 four yeas .
Thank you my dear, may God bless you!!
Re: How The Elections Are Already Being Rigged - Vanguard by philchudi: 8:53am On Jan 15, 2015
amakaobiemeka:
the money dangote, dantata, abacha etc control is more that the gross amount possesed by the ibos worldwide
Stolen or legitimate money made from had work?
Re: How The Elections Are Already Being Rigged - Vanguard by 100Cents: 8:55am On Jan 15, 2015
Buharis boko haram supporters should know that it is not about burning buses or defacing posters. To the point of doing so in Uyo, Akwa Ibom state (A PDP stronghold).

It is about entering Aso Rock as commander in Chief.
Re: How The Elections Are Already Being Rigged - Vanguard by verygudbadguy(m): 8:59am On Jan 15, 2015
Redoil:
and at the end of the day our igbo brothers will still vote and remain rich while our arewa brothers will vote and continue to remain poor shoe shinner. I hope their claw mark face brothers will not come and defend them

The above statement is culpable of disintegrating our dear Nigeria. Pls, desist from it.

Thank you.
Re: How The Elections Are Already Being Rigged - Vanguard by SUBMARINE: 9:01am On Jan 15, 2015
Newkidoo:

Some are really senseless!! You are surely one of the senseless human have ever encountered in my life!!
Countries without oil, don't they use phones!! Huh This guy abeg let us stop here!! You are beginning to sound idiotic to me!! Ciao!!

Olodo

Foreign products are bought with what currency at the international market.?

What currency do we receive after selling oil.?

How much dollars do Cocoa generate for us.?

You are an illiterate like Buhari cool
Re: How The Elections Are Already Being Rigged - Vanguard by olaweey: 9:02am On Jan 15, 2015
DickDastardly:
Buhari has been going all over Alaigbo without hitch albeit the hate we have for APC.
But Jonathans buses are being attacked by buhari brothers up north.
Jonathan, pls the election is already being rigged by APC! Make sure you WIN by any means possible. We must teach them rigging.

Lalasticlala this is worthy of front page. Good morning
Yoiu have forgotten that without the support of tsome of this "Buhari's" brothers,Jonathan wouldn't have as much votes as he had.
All I can see,is a writer who prefers PDP to APC because how can he refer to the bombing of the APC office as if it were just a bombing.Also,did he selectively forget that JIMI AGBAJE threatened the whole nigerians....saying what will happen if we don't vote goodluck Jonathan...This writer tried to not be bias,but he didn't try enough...Don't blame this people for being hostile towards Goodluck Jonathan,they are the ones being bombed everyday,he hasn't gone to visit them,he held a campaign on the same day 2000 people were roasted..!but when his sister died he canceled the campain for that day....who are they deceiving...and we have forgotten the 9.3 million arms deal...that was carried out illegally.nigerians forget easily..If buhari is not attacked when he comes to the ss,sw,se..its because they've got nothing on him...Nothing....

1 Like

Re: How The Elections Are Already Being Rigged - Vanguard by ayoaces: 9:03am On Jan 15, 2015
Can you blame the North? They are being slaughtered and the present government does not seem able to help or worse still bothered. What do you want them to do?
Re: How The Elections Are Already Being Rigged - Vanguard by Nobody: 9:05am On Jan 15, 2015
etin06:
the staff is a southerner an iteskiri. all this happen in warri north local govt area of delta state

....so you see! why blaming INEC or Northerner for a purely no fault of theirs...
Re: How The Elections Are Already Being Rigged - Vanguard by agabusta: 9:07am On Jan 15, 2015
Iroh88:

Smh.

INEC has already written a rebutal to that earlier sensational and divisive report of Vanguard claiming more PVCs have been issued to Northerner than Southerners.

I have created a thread of INEC rebuttal here on nairaland.

https://www.nairaland.com/2092858/inec-replies-vanguard-deliberate-falsehood

Despite that the earlier divisive and sensational story of Vanguard graced Nairaland front page, Nairaland admin, Seun and his Mods does not see the importance of INEC's rebuttal to that story also gracing the front page.

Now this is how election violence starts. Vanguard is playing a dirty role here by regularly writing stories that INEC is giving undue advantage to the North, but their submissions are in most times false or not well grounded. In order not to make this misconception to register on the minds of people, rebuttals to such stories are also to be given good publicity! I don't understand why nairaland is not doing this.
Re: How The Elections Are Already Being Rigged - Vanguard by Nobody: 9:07am On Jan 15, 2015
Janedoe26:
Progress will only come when we set aside our ethnic inclination and face the facts before us.
First, on the PVC collection, the fact can't be denied that Northerners are more politically aware even down to the so called "illiterate" the spend their time listening to BBC Hausa and the likes, the desire to partake and go all out to make sure they have an impact. It then comes as no surprise that most of them have gotten their PVCs. Unlike the South where most people are elites and they are uninterested, building careers and saying things like "politics is a dirty game" or "I'm not into politics" not knowing that politics has a big role to play in how businesses thrive.
Secondly, the writer is biased because the PDP are also making threats here and there and if the incumbent cannot secure peace then it goes to show how unpopular the party is.
If after six years PDP cannot argue with evidence of achievement they do not deserve a chance to rule 4 four yeas .

It's actually 16 years of rudderless and mediocre leadership.
Re: How The Elections Are Already Being Rigged - Vanguard by verygudbadguy(m): 9:09am On Jan 15, 2015
Etinosajay:
I didn't wish to comment, but OP you are a very biased Nigerian. What you are hoping to gain from this shared post of yours I don't know.

I say you are biased because you have failed to also echo and report the series of threats by followers of jonathan. Eg Asari, Jimi agbaje, all with the threat of collapsing the Nigerian economy if Jonathan loses.

You have also failed to mention the importance of the warships acquired by Tompolo under a civilian administration of his brother jonathan, which may further the threats they have been issuing.

Jonathan has not started campaigns in the North, so where's your confirmation that he wasn't allowed campaign in the North?

If you have the record of PVC's distributed in the north against that of the south, let's have it.

And you're effing brainless to say or agree that whoever becomes president does not bother you, save the perpetuation of the Nigerian state. Do u know in your ignorance know that Whoever becomes president may contribute to and or against the development. Of the country?

Thank you. As of yesterday, Channels News of 9pm repoted that PDP dominated states have 72% PVC collection while APC controlled states have recorded 64% collection so far.

I didn't wish to comment but reading all d comments, i cudnt help but chip dis in.

I pray we don't experience post-election violence again in dis country.
Re: How The Elections Are Already Being Rigged - Vanguard by onegig(m): 9:09am On Jan 15, 2015
Iroh88:

Smh.

Just a read of the first paragraph gives the guy away. He gave it a "general and central title" to sound unbias and balanced but went off tangent by posturing who the readers should castigate or feel pity for. An unbiased article states the facts and allows the reader make their own deductions.

1 Like

Re: How The Elections Are Already Being Rigged - Vanguard by sunmarouk(m): 9:10am On Jan 15, 2015
fitzmayowa:
Though I agree with some of the writers points, but on the issue of PVC I would disagree, the registration for this so called PVC of a thing was done 4years ago...

So why did INEC decided to wait till some few months to election before sharing Or do they expect the voters to start chasing them before they would give it out And to top it all off the distribution network for the PVC is crappy...So INEC should carry the blame for this...

I share your view, brother
Re: How The Elections Are Already Being Rigged - Vanguard by admus14(m): 9:13am On Jan 15, 2015
What are u saying?? When APC member where shot on way to their party Rally in River are sleeping or ur brain was freeze then?
Re: How The Elections Are Already Being Rigged - Vanguard by Nobody: 9:13am On Jan 15, 2015
philips70:

Can you see how this PDP writer categorically pin point the happenings in the north on APC and the ones in Rivers state as "unknown persons"? Why didn't he talk about all the threats of Asari Dokubo and his likes that have been aired on TV severally? He should also know this his write up is part of the problem we are having and can also constitute a political threat and mind intimidation to the populace.

There are loads of intelligent people on Nairaland......this guy is one of them....very discerning.

2 Likes

Re: How The Elections Are Already Being Rigged - Vanguard by Nobody: 9:14am On Jan 15, 2015
SUBMARINE:
Nice write up

Unfortunately a lot of APC fans even on Nairaland are e terrorists.

This election is a victory GEJ must win in the spirit of equity as shown to the SW people

SS must have their complete 8years or APC should find other sources to fund their government and everyone should get ready to feed themselves.

As for we the people of SE, we are fully in support of SS right to 2 terms

Say No to political slavery cool

well said smiley
Re: How The Elections Are Already Being Rigged - Vanguard by Nobody: 9:16am On Jan 15, 2015
verygudbadguy:

Thank you. As of yesterday, Channels News of 9pm repoted that PDP dominated states have 72% PVC collection while APC controlled states have recorded 64% collection so far.

I didn't wish to comment but reading all d comments, i cudnt help but chip dis in.

I pray we don't experience post-election violence again in dis country.

I pray too.....but people like the OP are fanning so much embers of hatred and sowing discord to trigger off post election violence.

People like the OP should be isolated away from the public until after the election...they are menace to the society.
Re: How The Elections Are Already Being Rigged - Vanguard by adedayourt(m): 9:18am On Jan 15, 2015
SUBMARINE:
Nice write up

This election is a victory GEJ must win in the spirit of equity as shown to the SW people

SS must have their complete 8years or APC should find other sources to fund their government and everyone should get ready to feed themselves.

As for we the people of SE, we are fully in support of SS right to 2 terms

Say No to political slavery cool

A careless statmnt frm som1 assumed to av a reasning

SS must have their complete 8years

Show me a citizen that thinkss governing sud b based/judged on quota rather dan ability to deliver on promised agenda nd I ll show u a ... fellow
Re: How The Elections Are Already Being Rigged - Vanguard by etin06(m): 9:20am On Jan 15, 2015
ilugunboy:

....so you see! why blaming INEC or Northerner for a purely no fault of theirs...
it's INEC fault cos people involved are their staffs the last time i checked the staffs together with the chairman make up INEC

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Reno Omokri Mocks Buhari As Trump Names Cabinet Members Ahead Of Swearing-in / Borno Government Bans Sale Of Alcohol, Brothels, Charcoal And Firewood / Aisha Buhari Leaves UK For Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 117
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.