Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,172,519 members, 7,885,170 topics. Date: Wednesday, 10 July 2024 at 02:57 AM

Has Anyone Tried To Drift A Car In Nigeria - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Has Anyone Tried To Drift A Car In Nigeria (4359 Views)

What Happens When U Put Ur Car In Reverse While Driving? / How My Rewire Tried To Trick Me By Turning Off VSC Light Without Fixing VSC / Trailer Falls On Family Car In Anambra, Claims Four Lives Instantly..photos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Has Anyone Tried To Drift A Car In Nigeria by adewaleh(m): 5:29pm On Jan 15, 2015
Hello people,

I'm currently learning how to drift any car, so I will appreciate if you can share any knowledge on how to drift perfectly.

pls, I want to know if anyone has tried or drifted a car here in Nigeria.

is there a law in Nigeria restricting drifting to some roads?

For those that doesn't know what drifting a car is, you can search for it online.

www.driftworks.com/blog/drifting/
Re: Has Anyone Tried To Drift A Car In Nigeria by derrick333(m): 5:52pm On Jan 15, 2015
N u said u need hlp ? Dnt wari u sef will leta search for car driftin law online
Re: Has Anyone Tried To Drift A Car In Nigeria by lungwun(m): 7:00pm On Jan 15, 2015
Lol

Re: Has Anyone Tried To Drift A Car In Nigeria by nurey(m): 7:03pm On Jan 15, 2015
In france where I live we don't drift with our cars. grin

1 Like

Re: Has Anyone Tried To Drift A Car In Nigeria by Jacksolo4me(m): 7:13pm On Jan 15, 2015
Let me guess, touge showdown on Bestmotoring international, Option Z?
Initial D, Formular Drift....

Hmmm, alrite u.just got da Bluray Version Of Tokyo Drift Master Edition on 3D?.

Alrite seriously. Get urself a RWD car, a Gud LSD,firm suspension with ample power and a large Space to crash in(rather than a public road like some in Abj did)

Eg...Mazda miata, BMW e46, nissan 180sx(saw a few over here)...shouldn't cost u a fortune to repair.

Note: or go my route, I do it with my boxers on! cool

2 Likes

Re: Has Anyone Tried To Drift A Car In Nigeria by DGD1(m): 7:16pm On Jan 15, 2015
drift?

heard sum guys do it in abj ... check YouTube, saw some videos of dem
good luck
Re: Has Anyone Tried To Drift A Car In Nigeria by Readonee35L(m): 8:01pm On Jan 15, 2015
yeah people do
but not the evryday people you know
people in our country here are always safety conscious with there cars , and most people are Scared of beating there cars imaging someone with a 2012 4runner dodging a small pothole angry angry angry he they pain me

back to your matter
its cool to drift if you can , but are you prepared? do you have the right car or track

in my 2010 charger i do some little stuffs with my traction controls of
Burnouts
Doughnuts(360)
and some little power sliding and cornering
not an expert but am learning from a friend during leisure at weekend's at a small tared field in lag

1 Like

Re: Has Anyone Tried To Drift A Car In Nigeria by Nobody: 8:11pm On Jan 15, 2015
Why would you wanna risk your life and the lives of people around? With these rides whose factory specification and performances have been altered by our mechos and some peoples choice of elchina elcheapo parts? undecided
Re: Has Anyone Tried To Drift A Car In Nigeria by Nobody: 8:14pm On Jan 15, 2015
Jacksolo4me:

Alrite seriously. Get urself a RWD car, a Gud LSD,firm suspension with ample power and a large Space to crash in(rather than a public road like some in Abj did)

Eg...Mazda miata, BMW e46, nissan 180sx(saw a few over here)...shouldn't cost u a fortune to repair.

Howfa na? Your camry upgrade thread no more updates why?
Re: Has Anyone Tried To Drift A Car In Nigeria by abatically(m): 9:03pm On Jan 15, 2015
I know some folks in Abuja that do drift. These videos are from a drift show in Abuja. Yes they are FWD cars, They were actually powersliding though not real drifting. But u get the feel

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sm9Xm3yaj58

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wNg-WUhEdSg
Re: Has Anyone Tried To Drift A Car In Nigeria by nickz(m): 9:13pm On Jan 15, 2015
Willing to learn if I meet someone that has perfected the ish sha....coolcool
Re: Has Anyone Tried To Drift A Car In Nigeria by Nobody: 9:54pm On Jan 15, 2015
abatically:
I know some folks in Abuja that do drift. These videos are from a drift show in Abuja. Yes they are FWD cars, They were actually powersliding though not real drifting. But u get the feel

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sm9Xm3yaj58

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wNg-WUhEdSg

Anyone maneuvering a hilux in a dangerous manner actually have a suicidal tendency. Check youtube's video of hilux moose test.

1 Like

Re: Has Anyone Tried To Drift A Car In Nigeria by Jacksolo4me(m): 9:56pm On Jan 15, 2015
To
lomomike:

Howfa na? Your camry upgrade thread no more updates why?

Op, apologies for the derail.

It's just a lip kit, to help with the grind....did some retouch and Detailing.....last mods didn't go so well... angry

Here's how she looks though

Re: Has Anyone Tried To Drift A Car In Nigeria by adewaleh(m): 9:42pm On Jan 16, 2015
grin
lomomike:
Why would you wanna risk your life and the lives of people around? With these rides whose factory specification and performances have been altered by our mechos and some peoples choice of elchina elcheapo parts? undecided
tgabjs

if you can drift perfectly, u won't endanger the people around you. its just for fun.
moreover, most of our mechanics do more harm than good to our vehicles.
Re: Has Anyone Tried To Drift A Car In Nigeria by Nobody: 6:34am On Jan 17, 2015
adewaleh:
grin tgabjs

if you can drift perfectly, u won't endanger the people around you. its just for fun.
moreover, most of our mechanics do more harm than good to our vehicles.

Heavy Tall slim things ain't sporty especially when most experts condemn their handling and maneuvering characteristics. Hilux is one of them. They aint nothing anyone would say to prove otherwise to me. Imagine failing a moose test like wise Jeep Cherokee another perenial moose test failure champ.
Re: Has Anyone Tried To Drift A Car In Nigeria by Readonee35L(m): 11:09am On Jan 17, 2015
Jacksolo4me:
To

Op, apologies for the derail.

It's just a lip kit, to help with the grind....did some retouch and Detailing.....last mods didn't go so well... angry

Here's how she looks though

Wow she looks tough mehn

whats the factory trim of ur ride le or xle because i doubt its an se
Re: Has Anyone Tried To Drift A Car In Nigeria by Readonee35L(m): 11:11am On Jan 17, 2015
Jacksolo4me:

how much did you get that game kit, is it more of a real life experience graphics
what games are available on it too smiley
Re: Has Anyone Tried To Drift A Car In Nigeria by Jacksolo4me(m): 2:31pm On Jan 17, 2015
To
Readonee35L:

Wow she looks tough mehn

whats the factory trim of ur ride le or xle because i doubt its an se

grin grin....U get eye!!!!......it's an LE, SE front conversion only.

Thanks Readonee35L, but bro u no do us justice!...Burn da cartalk section with your Charger now, soon e go turn to beg oh!

And oh that's a Logitech Driving Force Gt wheel,PS3, n Gran tourismo 5...
I got it then the wheel(Dfgt) naira conversion @ N29,000.then..2012.since gone...

Trust me it's Very close to realism though the Logitech G27 is more the best buy, upper end of the budget, Thrustmaster T500, is awesome but hyper expensive if ure seriously into Sim Racing!
Re: Has Anyone Tried To Drift A Car In Nigeria by sultaan(m): 8:59pm On Jan 17, 2015
People drift every day in Nigeria; just before having a big wreck grin
If you can afford to wreck a car you an afford to drift.

Take those evil thoughts out of you mind now before your papa throw you comot house grin
Re: Has Anyone Tried To Drift A Car In Nigeria by Readonee35L(m): 12:41am On Jan 18, 2015
Jacksolo4me:
To

grin grin....U get eye!!!!......it's an LE, SE front conversion only.

Thanks Readonee35L, but bro u no do us justice!...Burn da cartalk section with your Charger now, soon e go turn to beg oh!

And oh that's a Logitech Driving Force Gt wheel,PS3, n Gran tourismo 5...
I got it then the wheel(Dfgt) naira conversion @ N29,000.then..2012.since gone...

Trust me it's Very close to realism though the Logitech G27 is more the best buy, upper end of the budget, Thrustmaster T500, is awesome but hyper expensive if ure seriously into Sim Racing!

i knew it was definitely an le grin grin grin. Spiritual eyes shocked

as for the charger i sold her last week tho, i didnt really take pictures of her jaree and i didnt focus more on the thread since my main account was banned , i was into dealing with some little fixes with my honda pilot(Thread exists in cartalk)

i'd really love too get that kit
how did you set urs up?
the chairs and stuffs

i am tired of the default controllers on my ps3
is this the link to it?
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Excellent-Logitech-Driving-Force-GT-Racing-Steering-Wheel-For-PC-PS2-PS3-/271744631880
Re: Has Anyone Tried To Drift A Car In Nigeria by Jacksolo4me(m): 8:35am On Jan 18, 2015
Readonee35L:

i knew it was definitely an le grin grin grin. Spiritual eyes shocked

as for the charger i sold her last week tho, i didnt really take pictures of her jaree and i didnt focus more on the thread since my main account was banned , i was into dealing with some little fixes with my honda pilot(Thread exists in cartalk)

i'd really love too get that kit
how did you set urs up?
the chairs and stuffs

i am tired of the default controllers on my ps3
is this the link to it?
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Excellent-Logitech-Driving-Force-GT-Racing-Steering-Wheel-For-PC-PS2-PS3-/271744631880

Oh my, well na for the best, we'll b anticipating da new one, do grace us with da pictures oh..

Yes that's the Dfgt, I bought the seat at a junkyard sales and had a carpenter make a stand for me(was able to hide speakers in em)

U can get pretty much any car seat on rails and have a carpenter fabricate both stands for you(your car seat needs one to keep it sturdy)

Try www.gtplanet.com for your Sim Racing info

Op, ma apologies once more...

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

See What I Did To My Camry / Which Engine Oil Is Best For Tiny Light 1998 Model / ATTENTION! Beware Of Auction Frauds From The USA - My Personal Experience!!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.