Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,190,924 members, 7,942,322 topics. Date: Saturday, 07 September 2024 at 07:20 AM

If Someone Insults My Mother, I Will Punch Them — Pope Francis - Celebrities - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / If Someone Insults My Mother, I Will Punch Them — Pope Francis (544 Views)

Seyi Law Insults Lady Who Said His Baby's Weight Is Too Much / Timaya Insults Punch Correspondent, Needs To Attend Anger Management Classes / Wizkid Insults Linda Ikeji, Says His Director Slept With Her & He'll Beat Her Up (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

If Someone Insults My Mother, I Will Punch Them — Pope Francis by Joshkid(m): 1:07am On Jan 16, 2015
Pope Francis warned that he was ready to
“punch” anyone who insulted his mother.

The pontiff said this on Thursday in remarks
made en route to the Philippines from Sri
Lanka, that“ there are limits to freedom of
expression and my mother was the limit.

“We have a duty to speak openly, to have this
freedom, but without offending others.

“It’s true that you cannot react with violence,
but if my aide Doctor Gasbarri, who is a
friend, badmouths my mother, a punch
would be coming for him,” he added.

The Pope said in relation to recent events in
Paris that violence in the name of religion can
never be justified, but that there are “limits” to
freedom of expression.
“Many people badmouth religion, mock it,
play with other people’s religion.

“It can happen, but there are limits, every
religion has dignity, every religion that
respects life and human beings has a
dignity, and you cannot mock it,” he added.
Pope warned that “You cannot provoke, insult,
ridicule other people’s faith,”. (dpa/NAN)

Source:- http://lailasblog.com/2015/01/if-someone-insults-my-mother-i-will.html?m=1
Re: If Someone Insults My Mother, I Will Punch Them — Pope Francis by thiefnubu(m): 2:50am On Jan 16, 2015
Ok
Re: If Someone Insults My Mother, I Will Punch Them — Pope Francis by Adminisher: 4:09am On Jan 16, 2015
Insulting someone's religion is worse than racism.

(1) (Reply)

Still Trending: Billionaire Mark Cuban Develops Unique Social Networking App / Aki And Paw-paw;i Remember How We Met!!! / Amber Rose Claims Nigerian Girls Dance Better Than Her

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.