Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,171,217 members, 7,880,800 topics. Date: Friday, 05 July 2024 at 07:05 AM

Prayer Works More When Sin Is Avoided. - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Prayer Works More When Sin Is Avoided. (723 Views)

Photo: Is Gay Practice Sin? Is It Inborn Or Adopted Lifestyle? / How Prayer Works. / Understanding What Sin Is, And How To Be Forgiven (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Prayer Works More When Sin Is Avoided. by uchkochi(m): 10:53am On Jan 16, 2015
A man who prays 30 minutes a day but runs from sin will get quicker answer to his prayers that a man who prays 5 hours a day but falls in and out of sin.

1 Like

Re: Prayer Works More When Sin Is Avoided. by Nobody: 1:02pm On Jan 16, 2015
Bloody Lie... Jesus says in Luke that the heavenly Father is kind and merciful to the unthankful and to the evil ones... The ungodly do pray to God still and even receive answers than the Godly ones.... If u doubt me then read ur bible well
Re: Prayer Works More When Sin Is Avoided. by Nobody: 1:26pm On Jan 16, 2015
ProphetUdeme:
Bloody Lie... Jesus says in Luke that the heavenly Father is kind and merciful to the unthankful and to the evil ones... The ungodly do pray to God still and even receive answers than the Godly ones.... If u doubt me then read ur bible well
bible passages pls.. I really need 2 understand this.
Re: Prayer Works More When Sin Is Avoided. by Nobody: 3:20pm On Jan 16, 2015
lagmostkuit:
bible passages pls.. I really need 2 understand this.
though what the OP is saying is correct according to the biblical perspective in john 9 vs 31 which says that God hears not sinners but if any one worships Him and does His will then He hears the person.

But according to my years of experience in the christian faith it is rather not so.

Matthew 5 vs 45 and luke 6 vs 35 - the heavenly Father gives and sends rain to both the just and the unjust and also is kind to both the untankful and to the evil.

Romans 2 vs 4 - lets us know that God shows mercy, goodness, riches and kindness to the sinners which peradventure should lead them to repentance.

So when praying to the God of heaven, all those who exercise faith and believe that God will answer them will also receive answer to their prayers only if they have faith and believe (mark 11 vs 24). So therefore the only one thing needed to receive answers from God is FAITH (mark 11 vs 22) and the only thing that will hinder your prayers is DOUBT (mark 11 vs 23b) and UNBELIEF (mathew 17 vs 20). It is a false belief that if a particular believer commits and falls into sin, then God will never accept his prayers.. Nevertheless that doesnt mean that i advice or support a believer to continue in sin. NO. NEVER.. God calls for repentance from all forms of sin (acts 17 vs 30) cos sin will seperate us from God in eternity. Hope u understand me? If u still have some questions to ask then i will be pleased to help. Thanks
Re: Prayer Works More When Sin Is Avoided. by Nobody: 5:08pm On Jan 16, 2015
ProphetUdeme:
though what the OP is saying is correct according to the biblical perspective in john 9 vs 31 which says that God hears not sinners but if any one worships Him and does His will then He hears the person.

But according to my years of experience in the christian faith it is rather not so.

Matthew 5 vs 45 and luke 6 vs 35 - the heavenly Father gives and sends rain to both the just and the unjust and also is kind to both the untankful and to the evil.

Romans 2 vs 4 - lets us know that God shows mercy, goodness, riches and kindness to the sinners which peradventure should lead them to repentance.

So when praying to the God of heaven, all those who exercise faith and believe that God will answer them will also receive answer to their prayers only if they have faith and believe (mark 11 vs 24). So therefore the only one thing needed to receive answers from God is FAITH (mark 11 vs 22) and the only thing that will hinder your prayers is DOUBT (mark 11 vs 23b) and UNBELIEF (mathew 17 vs 20). It is a false belief that if a particular believer commits and falls into sin, then God will never accept his prayers.. Nevertheless that doesnt mean that i advice or support a believer to continue in sin. NO. NEVER.. God calls for repentance from all forms of sin (acts 17 vs 30) cos sin will seperate us from God in eternity. Hope u understand me? If u still have some questions to ask then i will be pleased to help. Thanks
Understood. Thanks a lot

(1) (Reply)

The Protocol Breaking God. / Muslims BEATING To DEATH And Burning Body Of Woman Accused Of Burning Koran / A Quick Word

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.