Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,180,211 members, 7,910,296 topics. Date: Sunday, 04 August 2024 at 01:15 AM

Division Of Rap Fans - Music/Radio - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Music/Radio / Division Of Rap Fans (750 Views)

The Battle Of Rap M.I Vs Ice Prince / Mode9 Cries Out On Neglect Of His ‘type Of Rap’ / Yoruba Rap Lives On 4reva With Big Dido (d Abija Of Rap) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Division Of Rap Fans by darequam(m): 6:00am On Dec 20, 2008
I didn't wanna do this, but i found out i av to do it and its done,
My name is Quam and i'm a rap fanatic, i myself av been doin hiphop from back in the days when i was forced out of the bathroom for spending too much time in there and saying nonsense.
But now the young has grown so much has changed. I don't need to be told i'm gifted before am lifted, Av listened to good rap musics from back in d late 90s when rap was still wack in 9ja. My best then was Idris of d remedies especially for his old track oko ashewo but then , i heard a man named rugged insulted him, i was pisd and i played down the talk of him bein a success in nigeria. But, bein the fact dat i'm not a one ear listener i endeavor to hear the track. I couldn't get it on radiio programs and when i watch Peace or war on Launch Break, i knew why it wasn't played on radio. I later bought the cd, first mission was to listen to Ehen!.
On hearing for
d first time-it was funny
2nd it was funny
3rd it made sense
4th it made more sense
5th i was inspired
then i changed all my wack ways to real ways, This did not only happen to me it happened to lots of peep.
They say the guy speaks for shoe makers and mechanics but luckily for me i'm a mech- engineering student and i'm happy someone is outthere speaking for me, I still wish to do rap in 9ja today and if succesful, its all thanks to tha icons 50cent and ruggedman.
Back in 2004/05 mode 9 introduced himself, then was unkn to most of u
he did pretty well in asking for an elbow room then went on to show he was lyrically blessed. I was happy to kno that we av raprs down here who can compete with others outer 9ja.
I heard a track he did with 2shot and judging by the fact that 2shot is one of rugged's click, i guessed both raprs are close (mode and rugged) not knowing what to come.
Rugged rlsd his first album 'thy album come' strictly disn kenny and D1(big bros) mode drop a mixtape after that aiming without revealing his target, same thing with his album 'Epluribus' which was at the same time rugged rleased 'RUGGEDY BABA' also aiming and warnin and unidentified fellow. I was concerned at first, could it be the two best we av are dissn, wrote it off untill i heard mode9 did a track stylishly aiming at rugged. Got the song latr and if read btwn d lines u'l kno its most likely aimin at rugged, The Question is what would u av done if u were Rugged?
Rugged went on and also did a track aimin stylishly at mode. Av heard mode was working on his album before but how 45% of his lyrics got to be directed to Rugged i don't kno. Has he already done it to aim at rugged b4 the 'banging' track or erased what he was doin and made it much for rugged?
I heard the death blow track, it was like a death blow. Directly aiming at rugged. Some says he never mentioned his name but does he need to? All evidence leads to rugged.
Then i thought to my self that it was the toughest dis song ever made in 9ja and that rugged wil av to put in a lot to change things.
Later in this forum i heard of the bigbaby track by ghetto P. I was like who's d guy but endeavor to download the 14mb track from spyware, thanks to some guys here.
I listened attentively to it and then i confirmed death blow might av blown rugged but, the 'bigbaby track' crucified and slaughtered mode like a chicken.
QUOTES
can't get a pair of shoes for hip award
mama proud her boy's getn older but doesn't like da body odour
e.t.c
i heard mode said he aint replyin them and all he could come up with was Bigboy Rap.
I don't hate mode but i think he's a coward or something, put ur self in d position a youngkid just come at u and lavishes enough insults on u and u end up sayin ' u aint ma match, we not in d same level' i would av showed him what it takes to be around for 15yrs.

All this has resulted to rap fans splitting and goin with the rapr they think is better, some mode and some rugged. Just note that this aint war its just Dissn.
For people like Javalove who acts like they av sworn in church to go against rugged, take it easy, we kno both two are good. But when u tell me Mode is wack or Rugged is Wack then u better go create ur hiphop and leave the present to be Wack hop.

So guys who do u go with Rugged or Mode,
I choose Ruggedy
this is just da beginin

(1) (Reply)

Hottest Music On Radio / Play The Violin? / [video] Durella Interview On The Making Of E Nu Ose

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.