Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,184,275 members, 7,923,297 topics. Date: Friday, 16 August 2024 at 10:49 PM

I Spent More On Military Equipment Than Jonathan — Buhari - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / I Spent More On Military Equipment Than Jonathan — Buhari (17146 Views)

Photo Of Soldier Killed After Boko Haram Attack On Military Zone In Borno / Nigeria To Get 3m Euros From Germany For Procurement Of Military Equipment / Newly Acquired Military Equipment Being Transported Through Lagos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I Spent More On Military Equipment Than Jonathan — Buhari by Toluchenko(m): 6:44am On Jan 17, 2015
Ok
Re: I Spent More On Military Equipment Than Jonathan — Buhari by Bifwoli: 6:44am On Jan 17, 2015
LRNZH:

Are they not being naive to ask for the whereabouts of ordnance acquired 20 years ago?

How many of you still work with equipment procured in 1984 to run your business or do your jobs?

He wasn't spending more for defence of Nigeria,it was aimed more as a deterrence of overthrow by internal enemies...which happened anyway.
Re: I Spent More On Military Equipment Than Jonathan — Buhari by mascot87(m): 6:44am On Jan 17, 2015
Nairaland mods likes fight 24/7 hein,this early morning? Na wa o
Re: I Spent More On Military Equipment Than Jonathan — Buhari by NaijaOptimist: 6:45am On Jan 17, 2015
GEJ spent money financing corruption.

Sai Buhari

3 Likes

Re: I Spent More On Military Equipment Than Jonathan — Buhari by Nobody: 6:46am On Jan 17, 2015
Instead of the illiterate Ancestor to evaluate his expenses on military hardwares with Jonathan's Administration, he is comparing his coup plotting military administration with a Yaradua/Jonathan Administration. If the Ancestrial relic called Buhari allowed Shagari to make mistakes in our democratic experiment and learnt from it, by now our democratic institutions would have been stronger, but the neanderthal Fulani man overthrew that Democracy and lunch us into successive Coups of IBB, Abacha and even Abdusalam and we start all over again. Now he wants to come and spoil it again for us.

Old Papa, please allow us to make mistakes in democracy and learn. Rome was not built in a day.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Spent More On Military Equipment Than Jonathan — Buhari by Nobody: 6:47am On Jan 17, 2015
Uncle Jons, hmmmm. So much for issues base campaigns

1 Like

Re: I Spent More On Military Equipment Than Jonathan — Buhari by PassingShot(m): 6:47am On Jan 17, 2015
rozayx5:
is this illiterate still speaking

how many lives has he impacted since leaving the army? , just finding power like a bloodthirsty demon

no business in his name, he cant create jobs, but promises 20 millions jobs out of thin air and constant power supply when his generation failed to step up when asian giants were stepping up

The "illiterate" is actually better educated than your "how much did Nwobodo stole?" PhD holder.

Instead of you to keep quiet for the fact that Mr. Clueless has once again been revealed as a dunce, you keep talking rubbish here.

7 Likes

Re: I Spent More On Military Equipment Than Jonathan — Buhari by Nobody: 6:47am On Jan 17, 2015
the competition is real well! feb 14th we go know!
Re: I Spent More On Military Equipment Than Jonathan — Buhari by Nobody: 6:49am On Jan 17, 2015
menesheh:
What is this illiterate talking about again.

We don't even need ammunition, we take the name of God or whatever beg you to issue out command for these illiterate fools to stop killing innocent life and destruction of already arid dead economy of the North Eastern states so that the fund for ammunition will be channeled to infrastructure and other important needs of Nigerians.

ignorance is a disease

2 Likes

Re: I Spent More On Military Equipment Than Jonathan — Buhari by rusher14: 6:50am On Jan 17, 2015
LRNZH:

Are they not being naive to ask for the whereabouts of ordnance acquired 20[b] years ago?

How many of you still work with equipment procured in 1984 to run your business or do your jobs today? [/b]

Point of correction - 30 years ago.
Re: I Spent More On Military Equipment Than Jonathan — Buhari by Nobody: 6:53am On Jan 17, 2015
OrlandoOwoh:

A good leader, one that reads, doesn't take all his aid tells him hook, line and sinker. He does his own research.
who knows if he was given d ryt analysis in d 1st place....only to cluelessly conclude he spent more Dan wat dey did in very short tym

1 Like

Re: I Spent More On Military Equipment Than Jonathan — Buhari by theV0ice: 6:54am On Jan 17, 2015
papaejima1:
Beats my imagination how people reason upside down!
If our military had all the purported weapons as is being trumpeted about, how come the same opposition is complaining the Boko Haram is better equipped than the Nigerian Military?

Boko Haram fights with IEDs, quad barreled Shilkas, Hilux mounted Anti Aircraft guns and AK47s. The APCs they use are our T-55s and others captured in raids.

So where are the ones Buhari and co bought if the above scenario plays true?

And you expect the equipments bought in 1984 to still be the ones the army will use to fight in 2014?

Did you you hear about Nigerian army operation in Liberia to halt the civil war? which equipments do you think they used?

Did you hear of Nigerian army operation in Sierra leone to halt civil war? which equipments do you think they used?

Even if Buhari, IBB, Abacha didn't buy weapons, what has PDP being doing for the past 16 years of it's rule? What has Jonathan being doing since he and Yar'adua got sworn in 8 years ago? what has Jonathan being doing since he became president 5 years ago?

4 Likes

Re: I Spent More On Military Equipment Than Jonathan — Buhari by Nobody: 6:55am On Jan 17, 2015
KwoiZabo:
Buhari might not have bought ammunition while he was president. We've not gotten a credible source that he did. 34% Milex or whatever might have been embezzled, until Buhari himself refutes that allegation credibly I believe GEJ. If Buhari lies IBB is there, TY Danjuma and others that are still GEJ's friends will react. Today it is video Buhari in armoured tank garage, tomorrow it's one useless website statistics. Buhari no buy 1 rifle for army.period
sipri.org
Re: I Spent More On Military Equipment Than Jonathan — Buhari by kelish(f): 6:57am On Jan 17, 2015
wen did buhari bougt d arms 4 his ppl abi or wo
Re: I Spent More On Military Equipment Than Jonathan — Buhari by jingh(f): 6:57am On Jan 17, 2015
really but why the soldier are complaining of low ammunition.
Are they lying ?
buhari for president.
stop telling us, show us your achievement.
#buhari4change

1 Like

Re: I Spent More On Military Equipment Than Jonathan — Buhari by RikoduoSennin(m): 7:05am On Jan 17, 2015
.............. And the lies and drama continues.........

1 Like

Re: I Spent More On Military Equipment Than Jonathan — Buhari by Nobody: 7:11am On Jan 17, 2015
How on earth did nig. Arrive at this impromptu clueless klepto who never thinks b4 he talks?...thumbs up GMB #change2015 is inevitable!

2 Likes

Re: I Spent More On Military Equipment Than Jonathan — Buhari by BlackTechnology: 7:11am On Jan 17, 2015
rozayx5:
is this illiterate still speaking

how many lives has he impacted since leaving the army? , just finding power like a bloodthirsty demon

no business in his name, he cant create jobs, but promises 20 millions jobs out of thin air and constant power supply when his generation failed to step up when asian giants were stepping up

He can't empower his Daura people from the N23 million monthly pension yet he is promising to empower Nigeria.

Unfortunately some quarter baked graduates are shouting Sai Buhari.

1 Like

Re: I Spent More On Military Equipment Than Jonathan — Buhari by Volksfuhrer(m): 7:15am On Jan 17, 2015
GEJ's comments were careless. And many of his problems issue from these.

When you have too many moles working for you only God can save you.

His advisers are either incompetent or mischievous. SMH.

3 Likes

Re: I Spent More On Military Equipment Than Jonathan — Buhari by 3kay945(m): 7:20am On Jan 17, 2015
papaejima1:
Beats my imagination how people reason upside down!
If our military had all the purported weapons as is being trumpeted about, how come the same opposition is complaining the Boko Haram is better equipped than the Nigerian Military?

Boko Haram fights with IEDs, quad barreled Shilkas, Hilux mounted Anti Aircraft guns and AK47s. The APCs they use are our T-55s and others captured in raids.

So where are the ones Buhari and co bought if the above scenario plays true?

You excepted those weapons to still be in good shape by now?
Bros, How many year difference?
I presume you're educated. undecided

2 Likes

Re: I Spent More On Military Equipment Than Jonathan — Buhari by KwoiZabo(m): 7:20am On Jan 17, 2015
iterator24:
sipri.org
spiri dot what. Ammunition purchases are classified info the world over so how do they source their info. Buhari did not equip the Army
Re: I Spent More On Military Equipment Than Jonathan — Buhari by excess4luv: 7:21am On Jan 17, 2015
Even people that can't manage one wife/girlfriend still opens up their mouth to call GEJ clueless, everybody is shouting CHANGE without proper analysis of cost implication, when the masses says NO to the imagined change, does it call for bloodbath What are the convictions that Buhari is really the change we need, is arms and ammunition the only thing we need to fight insurgency?? What of intelligence, training and retraining of personnel, what of proper incentives to the men of the military, who caters for the internally displaced people in these areas of insurgency, what of families of the fallen solders,.
I think its time for us to be pressure groups to these politician than mere praise singers. If GEJ underfunded the military, was the bill not passed by our law makers?? Are they all PDP members Are they all southerners Are there no Governors in the north?? Are there no ministers, ambassadors, senators, federal house members, influential people from the north?? What has been there positive contribution to fighting insurgency, must Buhari become the president before he can be the imagined solution?? Please we the youth should have a rethink, political thuggery can never solve our problem in this country.
I rest my case.

1 Like

Re: I Spent More On Military Equipment Than Jonathan — Buhari by Akshow: 7:23am On Jan 17, 2015
someone should as the clueless one in Aso rock how is buying of more weapons than Buhari help to cleanse the nation of terror.
Re: I Spent More On Military Equipment Than Jonathan — Buhari by okestev: 7:23am On Jan 17, 2015
God help our leaders to always take right decision at the appropriate time. Not easy to be a true leader. It takes lots of sacrifice, commitment and above all the fear of God. God bless our dear country- Nigeria.
Re: I Spent More On Military Equipment Than Jonathan — Buhari by Akshow: 7:28am On Jan 17, 2015
excess4luv:
Even people that can't manage one wife/girlfriend still opens up their mouth to call GEJ clueless, everybody is shouting CHANGE without proper analysis of cost implication, when the masses says NO to the imagined change, does it call for bloodbath What are the convictions that Buhari is really the change we need, is arms and ammunition the only thing we need to fight insurgency?? What of intelligence, training and retraining of personnel, what of proper incentives to the men of the military, who caters for the internally displaced people in these areas of insurgency, what of families of the fallen solders,.
I think its time for us to be pressure groups to these politician than mere praise singers. If GEJ underfunded the military, was the bill not passed by our law makers?? Are they all PDP members Are they all southerners Are there no Governors in the north?? Are there no ministers, ambassadors, senators, federal house members, influential people from the north?? What has been there positive contribution to fighting insurgency, must Buhari become the president before he can be the imagined solution?? Please we the youth should have a rethink, political thuggery can never solve our problem in this country.
I rest my case.

Change we want Mr, not quarrel or thuggery. Only a foolish person keep doing same thing and expect different result. PDP and Good luck has failed us over the years. is it too much to clamour for change? the beauty of democracy is the power it affords the people. if Buhari and Osinbajo fail us, we kick them out next time till we get there.

4 Likes

Re: I Spent More On Military Equipment Than Jonathan — Buhari by papaejima1: 7:32am On Jan 17, 2015
PassingShot:

So if you know that the meaning of milex was given, why the stupid question then?

My response was perfectly within the context of the report. It is you that need to remove the clog in yours eyes and probably from your thinking faculty.
No doubt you are yet to read your own post!
Anyway let me spell it out to you!
Your post said the "clueless one" ougth/failed to purchase needed MILEX!
And I asked you how can you PURCHASE MILEX if milex simply means Military Expenditure?

Oga field marshall explain to the house why we shouldn't consider you more clueless than the "clueless one" if you ask the FG to PURCHASE MiLITARY EXPENDITURE!
Re: I Spent More On Military Equipment Than Jonathan — Buhari by PassingShot(m): 7:36am On Jan 17, 2015
papaejima1:

No doubt you are yet to read your own post!
Anyway let me spell it out to you!
Your post said the "clueless one" ougth/failed to purchase needed MILEX!
And I asked you how can you PURCHASE MILEX if milex simply means Military Expenditure?

Oga field marshall explain to the house why we shouldn't consider you more clueless than the "clueless one" if you ask the FG to PURCHASE MiLITARY EXPENDITURE!

You could have pointed out an error without the insult. It's obvious it was one.

Anyway, shout GMB 2015 make I hear you.

3 Likes

Re: I Spent More On Military Equipment Than Jonathan — Buhari by darkjorse: 7:38am On Jan 17, 2015
When Nigerian Arsenal is in the north and the military is controlled by the northerners and they have shown clearly that they are anti-Goodluck Jonathan,He would be a fool to buy military equipment BTW Buhari was a military man and probably his cousin was in charge of the arsenal,
Re: I Spent More On Military Equipment Than Jonathan — Buhari by anonimi: 7:48am On Jan 17, 2015
smohammed1:
This is how news is to be read, with fact and figure. I guess when GEJ was saying GMB didn't buy any arm he. Was in a state of bottle trying to make a point that will make Nigerians have sympathy for him.

From the fig above u hv tried but we need more as such, let's try different hand.

#GMB

Those % are about budgets and NOT actual expenditure with RECEIVED equipment as PROOF.
Moreover one needs the Naira amounts for meaningful comparison.
Until those are available this is just bull sh'iit story of DISTORTION.

Kai Buhari!!!
#Liberate-Lagos

1 Like 1 Share

Re: I Spent More On Military Equipment Than Jonathan — Buhari by revolt(m): 7:55am On Jan 17, 2015
PassingShot:
GEJ is not a good leader. He talks before he thinks most of the times.

“When one carefully peruses the capital budgets of the DHQ and Army, most of the capital spending is going towards buildings, some ammunition and vehicle spares.

This year, we are not buying any equipment for the armoured, artillery and other mechanisation needs of the Army – at least not anywhere in the budget".

How can a president who has been facing insurgency problem since 2009/2010 think he can defeat it if modern hardware are not purchased? They chose to spend large chunk of security budget on buildings and military infrastructures where it is easy to be looted than purchasing needed milex to tackle the insurgency perhaps with the hope that miracle will make it disappear; or just for some other political gains.

The clueless president, without doing any findings, or just to score cheap political points was busy accusing those who ruled before him for the state of our military institution whereas those leaders performed better than him in providing military hardware which are what you need to defend the sovereignty and integrity of a nation.

“Buhari/Idiagbon in 1984 also allocated 38.68 per cent and 61.32 per cent for capital milex and recurrent respectively. They spent approximately 16 months".

It will be an unforgivable mistake for Nigerians if this man called GEJ is not kicked out with the February 14 election.

consumer mentality, its high time our military engineers start making themselves useful. If they can't build simple mortars that peasants were building in the west since 17 century then what's the use. We spend 10times the price of producing these weapons. Ofcos quota system and fed xter has destroyed dicon.

The ussr spent about 70% of its budget in building massive weaponry, what happened to them?

Let's be sincere gejs govt and gowon gov are the only adminstrations tht upgraded military hardware, infact were all aware of more than three ships, several jets and for the first time our own locally made apcs and drone( the flying face me I face u generator) gulma. Gejs defense budget has been utilised optimally. They truly made the nation ungovernable sha .

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Fulani Herdsmen Raid Agatu Community, Many Killed / Buhari Declines Assent To Corporate Manslaughter Bill, 3 Others / Dogara Writes IG: Governor Mohammed Abubakar Wants To Set Me Up

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.