Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,168,864 members, 7,872,867 topics. Date: Thursday, 27 June 2024 at 12:55 AM

Chief M.K.O Abiola's Daughter, Hafsat Writes To Jonathan. - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Chief M.K.O Abiola's Daughter, Hafsat Writes To Jonathan. (1822 Views)

Photo: Late M.K.O. Abiola In His Youthful Age / MKO Abiola’s Daughter, Rinsola Appointed APC BOT Member / Chief M.k.o Abiola: A Hero, A Legend, A True Democrat!!! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Chief M.K.O Abiola's Daughter, Hafsat Writes To Jonathan. by nakedwire(m): 11:30am On Jan 17, 2015
Dear President,
As young global leaders we would
like to express our deep concern
about the recent situations in Nigeria.
The massacre in Baga has been Boko
Haram's deadliest so far and what
has it met with? Your silence. Most
disturbing still is the fact that you
would send a message to France
condemning the killings there, yet
seem unable to address the Nigerian
people who look to you for
leadership. Unfortunately, it would
not be the first time
On 10 November 2014 a suicide bomber
killed 47 people and injured 79 others.
The following day, with barely a mention
of this horrific incident targetting
children, you launched your re-election
campaign.
And despite the ease with which you
move on, even you will remember the
abduction of the schoolgirls in Chibok in
April last year. It was 40 days before you
addressed the country on that occasion.
Nigerians waited, perplexed, as your
government debated whether or not the
abductions had even taken place. As a
result, of all the girls captured, only 52
have secured their freedom - escaping on
their own. The rest are still in captivity, still
waiting to be rescued, 276 days after
being taken from their friends, family and
community.
Could it be that your government also
doubts that the Baga attacks happened?
Amnesty International's satellite images
confirm that indeed a massacre took
place, and as many as 2000 people are
dead. Yet your army wastes time
contesting the numbers.
Whether 150 or 2000, we'd like to hear
from you on your governments plans to
secure the region and to bear witness to
the loss of lives in Baga. We have seen a
clear incompetency in handling matters of
national interest. In the context of
existing ethnic and religious fault lines,
silence only says that Nigeria's
government does not care about the
victims and is not dealing with the
insurgency.
True the global community has also failed
to maintain pressure on your government
that seems ambivalent about fulfilling its
constitutional role to secure the lives and
properties of its citizens.
As 1.5 million Nigerians flee their homes,
swelling camps within Nigeria and
overwhelming border communities' (if
not same as before), it seems the only
hope to see you act is global outrage. It
was this that finally forced you to address
the nation and the world 40 days after
the Chibok abductions. It was only then
that you reached out to other countries
and, with their help, agree a plan for a
regional security force to secure the
porous borders between Nigeria, Niger
and Chad where Boko Haram roams
undeterred.
Perhaps, had international pressure been
sustained last year, a multi-regional force
would have been based in Baga as
planned. Perhaps it would have been
strong enough to repel Boko Haram when
the militants attacked on 3 January.
Perhaps 2000 lives could have been
saved.
But Isis happened and the world moved
on, leaving a small national military unit to
stand between thousands of armed
militants and a town of ten thousand
people. We now know what happened.
The world has seen pictures of bodies still
strewn around the forest and river where
they died.
If these deaths do not generate the
attention, outcry and action that they
ought to, we can only prepare the ground
for more bodies because Boko Haram
shows no sign of relenting. The
insurgents can be defeated but first you
must decide if the lives of Nigerians are
worth it or not.
Break the silence, Mr. President. Call for
global attention and support to avert a
crisis that begins to echo the early days of
the Rwandan genocide. Be the voice for
the thousands of innocent people who
have died and the millions who yearn for
peace. They have the right to rebuild their
communities and claim their place in the
unfolding rise of the African continent.
Hafsat Abiola-Costello
Founder/President Kudirat Initiative for
democracy
Nigeria
Co-Signatories
Arnaud Ventura, France
Bjarte Reve, Norway
Binta Niambi Brown, USA
Erik Charas, Mozambique
Funmi Iyanda, Nigeria
Georgie Bernadette, USA
Jacqueline Musiitwa, Zambia
Loulwa Bakr, Saudi Arabia
Leo Shlesinger, Chile
Marieme Jamme, Senegal
Mark Turrell, Germany
Rossana Figuera, USA
Salim Amin, Kenya
Soulaima Gourani, Denmark
Susan Mashibe, Tanzania
Tara Fela Durotoye, Nigeria

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Chief M.K.O Abiola's Daughter, Hafsat Writes To Jonathan. by seangy4konji: 11:34am On Jan 17, 2015
He is busy cajoling us for another term.

He has no time to read your stories of people who died somewhere.

Maybe when he is e-trekking to otuoke he might get a paper and read your letter.

3 Likes

Re: Chief M.K.O Abiola's Daughter, Hafsat Writes To Jonathan. by Nobody: 11:37am On Jan 17, 2015
Fine girl with functioning brain!!

choi who have her number?

anyway sha sometimes I wonder those who still support Jonathan wot exactly their gains are(is)

please d girls digit?

tenk

1 Like

Re: Chief M.K.O Abiola's Daughter, Hafsat Writes To Jonathan. by iamodenigbo1(m): 11:39am On Jan 17, 2015
Tell the sponsors to stop

2 Likes

Re: Chief M.K.O Abiola's Daughter, Hafsat Writes To Jonathan. by jaso1(m): 11:45am On Jan 17, 2015
iamodenigbo1:
Tell the sponsors to stop
If you know the sponsors why didn't you arrest them?
You're a FOOL!

4 Likes

Re: Chief M.K.O Abiola's Daughter, Hafsat Writes To Jonathan. by Nobody: 11:46am On Jan 17, 2015
You sit don for oyibo land dey watch CNN and BBC kon dey write letter on wetin you knw nothing about. Well,if na by letter Naija for don better since!!! Ask Obasanjo.

1 Like

Re: Chief M.K.O Abiola's Daughter, Hafsat Writes To Jonathan. by nakedwire(m): 11:49am On Jan 17, 2015
e don tay wey @obiZEAL d trip for this chic...
Re: Chief M.K.O Abiola's Daughter, Hafsat Writes To Jonathan. by iamodenigbo1(m): 11:53am On Jan 17, 2015
jaso1:

You're a FOOL!
why did it pain you?if your dad did his job of raising you with love the societ wouldn't end up having a bitter soul like you among us,sorry you need re-orientation

2 Likes

Re: Chief M.K.O Abiola's Daughter, Hafsat Writes To Jonathan. by iamodenigbo1(m): 12:01pm On Jan 17, 2015
Islamic fundamentalist are brainwashing the youths up north,because of Charles Hebdo's cartoon in far away France churches any property's are destroyed in Niger and those who should have command over this youths are keeping quiet,and subtlety egging them on,The Shi.t is already hitting the fan
Re: Chief M.K.O Abiola's Daughter, Hafsat Writes To Jonathan. by Nobody: 12:05pm On Jan 17, 2015
God bless this girl cool
Ask him o
I know he has no answers to give. undecided
#change
Re: Chief M.K.O Abiola's Daughter, Hafsat Writes To Jonathan. by Truckpusher(m): 12:10pm On Jan 17, 2015
Everything in town is becoming an activist ontop of Jona head.

How many letters did her kinsmen write to Abacha.

Just because Jonathan is approachable ,sincere,humane,and always allowing freedom of expression to thrive doesn't mean that every rat in town can write whatever they like and address it to him.

Small girl,your Dad must be turning in his grave.

2 Likes

Re: Chief M.K.O Abiola's Daughter, Hafsat Writes To Jonathan. by Nobody: 12:13pm On Jan 17, 2015
bullshit
Re: Chief M.K.O Abiola's Daughter, Hafsat Writes To Jonathan. by basty: 12:20pm On Jan 17, 2015
Jonadumbo as a president of Nigeria is the greatest mistake that has ever happened to the country.
If he should go for another four years, the country is doomed.
Re: Chief M.K.O Abiola's Daughter, Hafsat Writes To Jonathan. by Nobody: 12:21pm On Jan 17, 2015
jaso1:

You're a FOOL!

Shut up!!!!!!!
Re: Chief M.K.O Abiola's Daughter, Hafsat Writes To Jonathan. by PapiWata: 12:42pm On Jan 17, 2015
The unfolding Apocalypse currently claiming THOUSANDS at a time in northern Nigeria DOES indeed threaten to move southward, as Ms. Hafasat Abiola and her multinational cast of eminent co-signatories have reminded the world with this timely open letter to President Jonathan.

President Jonathan's surprise visit a couple of day's ago, to the Maiduguri epicenter of Nigeria's war on terror, was judiciously timed, particularly given the attendant perils and logistics required to spirit a head of state into and out of a veritable war zone, augers well for troop morale, and for public confidence in the leadership of Nigeria's incumbent president as those landmark 2015 elections draw near.

The insistence that an embattled wartime head-of-state, of necessity engaged in nationwide re-election campaigns, should issue public denouncements each time a terrorist attack claims lives along ever-shifting battle-fronts, is a very tall order to fill for any administration rightfully concerned with preventing the onset of panic amid the populace.

The Nigerian military will prosecute the current war on terror FAR more effectively if the Jonathan administration does seek military assistance from the West, as well as from China, as is already the case. The battles comprising Nigeria's war on terror will be ferocious and costly in human lives on both sides of the front lines, but ultimately, Nigeria's fabled high-quality crude oil will once again play its pivotal role as the Joker in the pack of cards from which Nigeria's ultimate destiny will be deduced and debated by historians yet unborn.
Re: Chief M.K.O Abiola's Daughter, Hafsat Writes To Jonathan. by rekeson: 12:51pm On Jan 17, 2015
And the essence of all these letters is to make a Fulani Islamic fundamentalist president!!!

Slaves!!!!!!!
Re: Chief M.K.O Abiola's Daughter, Hafsat Writes To Jonathan. by oilsuop: 12:54pm On Jan 17, 2015
Na lie ugly MKO can never produce such a beautiful girl until i see a DNA result i no go gree sad
Re: Chief M.K.O Abiola's Daughter, Hafsat Writes To Jonathan. by size38: 12:58pm On Jan 17, 2015
GEJ represents what a typical Igbo man called "Anumanu"

1 Like

Re: Chief M.K.O Abiola's Daughter, Hafsat Writes To Jonathan. by rekeson: 1:01pm On Jan 17, 2015
basty:
Jonadumbo as a president of Nigeria is the greatest mistake that has ever happened to the country.
If he should go for another four years, the country is doomed.

And I wonder where ur insignificant father was when Jonadumbo contested for d post of presido... I doubt ur father can even one day make it to the position of Chairman of Farmers Association of ur village yet u have d guts to insult the president of dis great nation!!

Ur likes is the reason I feel the signing of FOIB was a grave error on d part of Gej!! Insulting the office of d president is also an insult to me as a citizen of dis great nation.
Re: Chief M.K.O Abiola's Daughter, Hafsat Writes To Jonathan. by jaso1(m): 1:22pm On Jan 17, 2015
iamodenigbo1:
why did it pain you?if your dad did his job of raising you with love the societ wouldn't end up having a bitter soul like you among us,sorry you need re-orientation
You're a dent to a well organize society.
My response is base on reality and if your father has been stealing from government to feed the family and there's clamor by Nigerians to jail him why are you crying here?
Be thinking about visiting him in prison.
Son of a rogue.
Re: Chief M.K.O Abiola's Daughter, Hafsat Writes To Jonathan. by PapiWata: 1:27pm On Jan 17, 2015
rekeson:

And I wonder where ur insignificant father was when Jonadumbo contested for d post of presido... [size=16pt]I doubt ur father can even one day make it to the position of Chairman of Farmers Association of ur village [/size] yet u have d guts to insult the president of dis great nation!!

Ur likes is the reason I feel the signing of FOIB was a grave error on d part of Gej!! Insulting the office of d president is also an insult to me as a citizen of dis great nation.

It is better to be chairman of the farmer's association than to be chairman of my own room and parlor alone, which is my story so far.

One day I will RISE to become President of the Poultry Farmers Union in my own village, and if I hear any rumor that you visit our area, you will be forced to part with MULTIPLE taxes and levies before the area boys let you go on your way, and it won't even matter whether or not you personally rear chickens.
Re: Chief M.K.O Abiola's Daughter, Hafsat Writes To Jonathan. by Alphaoscar: 1:28pm On Jan 17, 2015
GEJ go read letter so tay I'm eyes go scatter.
Re: Chief M.K.O Abiola's Daughter, Hafsat Writes To Jonathan. by Nobody: 1:29pm On Jan 17, 2015
Re: Chief M.K.O Abiola's Daughter, Hafsat Writes To Jonathan. by iamodenigbo1(m): 2:29pm On Jan 17, 2015
jaso1:

You're a dent to a well organize society.
My response is base on reality and if your father has been stealing from government to feed the family and there's clamor by Nigerians to jail him why are you crying here?
Be thinking about visiting him in prison.
Son of a rogue.
tour parent's did a poor job in your upbringing .done with you

(1) (Reply)

Jonathan Offers Automatic Employment To 164 Presidential Award Winning Corpers / FFK And Gani Adams Lost Their Respective Wards (photos) / Photo Of APC casket been paraded by PDP during victory March today in Riverstate

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.