Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,171,031 members, 7,880,224 topics. Date: Thursday, 04 July 2024 at 02:27 PM

General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 - Travel (118) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 (1011916 Views)

General German Visa Enquiries Part 3 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 / General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (115) (116) (117) (118) (119) (120) (121) ... (469) (Go Down)

Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by Obiwannn: 10:00pm On Jul 12, 2015
Eke40seven:

What course are you going for?
AOK is the way o. I'll get their mail contact. just send them a message and they will ask for a scan copy of your admission letter and the data page of your international passport then the rest will be history but whether you reach Germo October or after, insurance fee will start counting from the 1st of October.

P.S. I'm under the assumption that you are under 30, thus the AOK I mentioned.

@Obiwann, Anhalt na 566 euros semester fee o without free transportation, while TUM na 113, wetin man go do na?
lol Eke, na so work full Anhalt ni? abi dem dey share free food for there? you better hold TUM strong oh.
You don start to dey reason accommodation for Munich? Bros this Hamburg accommodation thingy dey give me sleepless nights o
Lest I forget, That TEACH yourself GERMAN pack make sense oh!!! I jus dey glance through am and it is really worth the 5k spent. Very soon me and Dolpaz go de make long german calls. Make I first cram/jack the book grin grin grin

number13, power engineering? thats cool..know one or two Nigerians who are going to study same course. You are surely not alone.

1 Like

Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by Eke40seven(m): 10:09pm On Jul 12, 2015
Obiwannn:

lol Eke, na so work full Anhalt ni? abi dem dey share free food for there? you better hold TUM strong oh.
You don start to dey reason accommodation for Munich? Bros this Hamburg accommodation thingy dey give me sleepless nights o

number13, power engineering? thats cool..know one or two Nigerians who are going to study same course. You are surely not alone.
Accommodation for Munich na the worst o...but God dey sha...I dey follow my guys on ground talk sha.
I'm hoping those student union hostels will be available

number13:
Power Engineering. How do I pay, and how long until I get the insurance? Yeah, I'm way below 30.
If you will need to pay at all, before arriving Germany I don't know at all. I don't think you will have to.
What's your move on accommodation?
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by number13: 10:34pm On Jul 12, 2015
Eke40seven:

Accommodation for Munich na the worst o...but God dey sha...I dey follow my guys on ground talk sha.
I'm hoping those student union hostels will be available

If you will need to pay at all, before arriving Germany I don't know at all. I don't think you will have to.
What's your move on accommodation?

@Obiwann, is that so? That's encouraging smiley
@Eke, have you applied for the insurance? I've only applied to studentenwerk for accommodation. Not sure what else to do. How about you?
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by Eke40seven(m): 11:12pm On Jul 12, 2015
number13:

@Obiwann, is that so? That's encouraging smiley
@Eke, have you applied for the insurance? I've only applied to studentenwerk for accommodation. Not sure what else to do. How about you?
I have done neither. I'm hoping to start next week as I was still weighing my options before now. It seems your admission was issued earlier.
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by Nobody: 11:13pm On Jul 12, 2015
Hi guys, I got some mail but the thing no gree open. Yahoomail just dey tell me Mailer daemon. The replies are not going. Maybe you can send the mail again or post the questions on nairaland. I will try my best to answer. I remembered I got one from number13. Among others too.
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by kingsleymike: 11:25pm On Jul 12, 2015
@harboolla, u preparing for nxt admission at Uni Hohenheim.
These r d steps I took- get ur transcript, certify ur documents but make sure it has d red seal on it, write a good motivational letter, get a recommendation letter, apply on their website and also post ur documents to dem. IF YOUR IELTS IS NOT UP TO THIER REQUIREMENT U CAN STILL APPLY. IF YOU ARE GIVEN, THEY WILL REQUEST FOR AN UPGRADED ONE. ABOVE ALL, PREPARE EARLY-LIKE IN JAN OR FEB THIER APPLICATIONS CLOSE EARLY. Its that easy Bt can b difficult. If u dnt have d rite info

1 Like

Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by styles2009: 2:57am On Jul 13, 2015
Obiwannn:
Thanks 4 d links. bros u knw that as many of this private residences are located in central hamburg, commuting from there to harburg is what makes it take so long. And do you advise i waste 2 to 3 hours everyday going to and fro school?
Secondly, i dnt knw why but a look at wg website shows all rooms(flatshares) as fully booked. Since the session round offs in august/september, do u from experience think that spaces would come up in this places if i check around that time?
Thirdly, I would be very grateful if u can link me up to that ur friend in harburg

Private residence for central Hamburg or wg flatshare should be your last resort as these are freaking expensive, my experience, some rooms are 250 without light,water or internet.
Apply to Studentenwerk for hostel and you might surly get one but i can't tell you when you'll get it.

If you don't get any reply soon ask them for short stay room, the price is a little bit higher maybe plus 50 or 60 Euros but it's guaranteed from the Studentenwerk and when you get this don't cancel your application for the hostels and students usually get a room after their short stay contract expires (within a semester).

Don't forget to apply to all those private student hostels,don't keep all hopes on Studentenwerk.

Please to all coming to Germany within the start of Winter try and secure an accomodation cos as the say in Games of Throne, "Winter is coming"

Cheers

3 Likes

Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by number13: 7:34am On Jul 13, 2015
ebele17:
Hi guys, I got some mail but the thing no gree open. Yahoomail just dey tell me Mailer daemon. The replies are not going. Maybe you can send the mail again or post the questions on nairaland. I will try my best to answer. I remembered I got one from number13. Among others too.

@ebele17
OK, thanks. I've been admitted to study Power Engineering at TUM.
Firstly, I don't know what to do regarding accommodation. I've applied to student union halls via studentenwerk, but I understand that you rarely get a place there in time for the commencement of one's studies due to the long waiting list.
Secondly, since proof of health insurance is compulsory for enrollment, what's the best way of obtaining that from Nigeria? How long does it generally take to process, and what's the payment method?
Thanks again.

1 Like

Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by adeboye1000: 8:16am On Jul 13, 2015
dolpaz:

There's nothing to fret about.

if you have a functional account with the following banks:

Stanbic Ibtc
Gtb bank
Union bank

just go to their head office at VI/Marina then initiate the transfer. you can also decide to talk to the FTM (fund transfer manager)

I have a brother who is in charge of sending the money at Stanbic IBTC head office. send me a pm whenever you are ready so I can connect you guys.

Regards !
Who transferred through Gtb or Stanbic?Pls what were there rates?
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by Obiwannn: 8:22am On Jul 13, 2015
styles2009:

Private residence for central Hamburg or wg flatshare should be your last resort as these are freaking expensive, my experience, some rooms are 250 without light,water or internet.
Apply to Studentenwerk for hostel and you might surly get one but i can't tell you when you'll get it.

If you don't get any reply soon ask them for short stay room, the price is a little bit higher maybe plus 50 or 60 Euros but it's guaranteed from the Studentenwerk and when you get this don't cancel your application for the hostels and students usually get a room after their short stay contract expires (within a semester).

Don't forget to apply to all those private student hostels,don't keep all hopes on Studentenwerk.

Please to all coming to Germany within the start of Winter try and secure an accomodation cos as the say in Games of Throne, "Winter is coming"

Cheers
STYLES, I'VE SENT U A PM. PLS respond
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by adeboye1000: 8:40am On Jul 13, 2015
Which bank do you think offers the lowest rate for the transfer?
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by Williamso(m): 9:06am On Jul 13, 2015
adeboye1000:
Which bank do you think offers the lowest rate for the transfer?
Simply walk into your intended bank(s) and inquire. These rates are not static and so nobody can give you a definite answer here. Even what bank A gives you today will vary with what they'll give you tomorrow.
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by honourableseyi: 9:58am On Jul 13, 2015
busky101:
pls, can i use my gce too? Plus my yr1 transcripts
me

I don't seem to get you. Are you talking about combining NECO and WAEC Gce or what?. Ordinarily your Gce/SSCE either NECO or WAEC and a year transcript are what you need
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by busky101(m): 10:42am On Jul 13, 2015
honourableseyi:
me

I don't seem to get you. Are you talking about combining NECO and WAEC Gce or what?. Ordinarily your Gce/SSCE either NECO or WAEC and a year transcript are what you need

1 Like

Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by hadassaheke(f): 10:42am On Jul 13, 2015
number13:
Power Engineering. How do I pay, and how long until I get the insurance? Yeah, I'm way below 30.

wow, so ure going for power engineering? dats d i course i wanna go for next yr at TUM too, pls did u do d interview or twas direct admission? and what n what did you submit.....and also when did you submit n get d admission.......pls so sorry for my long question, just happy to see someone going for my course in d same school, after a long search n silently following/reading!!!!
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by missZ1: 11:11am On Jul 13, 2015
Please
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by Nobody: 11:23am On Jul 13, 2015
number13:

@ebele17
OK, thanks. I've been admitted to study Power Engineering at TUM.
Firstly, I don't know what to do regarding accommodation. I've applied to student union halls via studentenwerk, but I understand that you rarely get a place there in time for the commencement of one's studies due to the long waiting list.
Secondly, since proof of health insurance is compulsory for enrollment, what's the best way of obtaining that from Nigeria? How long does it generally take to process, and what's the payment method?
Thanks again.

Wow, number 13. Congrats on your admission. You are right, for student hall you have be on the waiting list. You can look for outside accommodation for the time being and also there are people that sublet their student room for a month or more. This is the best option for you because accommodation out side in Munich is expensive. Go to facebook, their is the TUMInternational group and the group for people looking to sublet. You will find adverts. The sooner the better. About health insurance, you can write to the insurance companies from Nigeria but its not important until you get here. When you get here, you can go to the office personally and they will explain to you what you need and what they do. You can then sign up and take the letter to school for your full enrollment. Because, you have to take the letter there anyway. Don't be in a rush about that one. They know that, that is why you are buying 3 months health insurance from Nigeria. Because for insurance here, they need your bank details, ID, address of where you live in Munich and all that stuff which you don't have yet. This is for public. I don't know for private insurance and sometimes TUM doesn't accept private insurance. I use BARMER GEK and its being awesome for me. I don't pay for jack. With private insurance, you pay your bills and they refund some but with public, you don't pay anything at the hospital or if you are buying drugs. Even with private, some clinics or pharmacies don't accept it.
I hope I am able to cover everything

2 Likes

Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by ethical: 11:55am On Jul 13, 2015
ebele17:

Wow, number 13. Congrats on your admission. You are right, for student hall you have be on the waiting list. You can look for outside accommodation for the time being and also there are people that sublet their student room for a month or more. This is the best option for you because accommodation out side in Munich is expensive. Go to facebook, their is the TUMInternational group and the group for people looking to sublet. You will find adverts. The sooner the better. About health insurance, you can write to the insurance companies from Nigeria but its not important until you get here. When you get here, you can go to the office personally and they will explain to you what you need and what they do. You can then sign up and take the letter to school for your full enrollment. Because, you have to take the letter there anyway. Don't be in a rush about that one. They know that, that is why you are buying 3 months health insurance from Nigeria. Because for insurance here, they need your bank details, ID, address of where you live in Munich and all that stuff which you don't have yet. This is for public. I don't know for private insurance and sometimes TUM doesn't accept private insurance. I use BARMER GEK and its being awesome for me. I don't pay for jack. With private insurance, you pay your bills and they refund some but with public, you don't pay anything at the hospital or if you are buying drugs. Even with private, some clinics or pharmacies don't accept it.

@ebele17
Please, I need more clarification. I'm going for Msc in Informatics and due to certain circumstances, I'll be resuming late at TUM. Maybe late October or early November. Can I still leave the insurance until I get there? I thought enrolment must be completed by early October and health insurance is required. Thanks.
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by honourableseyi: 11:57am On Jul 13, 2015
busky101:
ok, thanks a lot, my waec bears my original age, but i decided to reduce my age and also add an english name to my names since i never had one, i intend on writing dis year's nov/dec Gce exam with a different age and name added altogether and maybe enroll 4 noun next january, i believe with dis procedure, i wil be good to go dis time next year. By his grace/insha allah. Am almost done with goethe institute. Wha ya say sir?

Personally, I don't really that first part as in falsify of age things. What will be will be irrespective of your age and status. Integrity starts from this issue. Having said that, if you are planning of starting at NOUN next January, then you should be looking forward to 2017 winter semester. Even if you start this semester, 2016 winter semester is not feasible or possible

2 Likes

Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by number13: 12:36pm On Jul 13, 2015
@ebele17,
Thank you smiley
I have just a few more issuse I wish you'd clarify for me, please.
1. So, is the 3-month travel insurance that we get here in Nigeria on being issued a visa sufficient for the enrollment at TUM? If so, insurance from which of the companies?
2. You mentioned 'full' enrollment. Is this different from ordinary enrollment?
3. Does it mean that we cannot complete the enrollment from here in Nigeria?
4. When is the deadline for enrollment? I just saw 'October' on the website without a specific date. Ordinarily, I would have taken that to mean the whole of October, i.e. until the 31st, but lectures commence on the 12th, so I'm not sure.

ebele17:

Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by number13: 12:52pm On Jul 13, 2015
I had an interview prior to admission. The admission criteria may differ from year to year, so I suggest you thoroughly read the information on the programme website (www​.mspe.ei.tum.de). I submitted my application in January, and was already admitted by the end of March. Good luck.

hadassaheke:

wow, so ure going for power engineering? dats d i course i wanna go for next yr at TUM too, pls did u do d interview or twas direct admission? and what n what did you submit.....and also when did you submit n get d admission.......pls so sorry for my long question, just happy to see someone going for my course in d same school, after a long search n silently following/reading!!!!
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by hadassaheke(f): 3:05pm On Jul 13, 2015
number13:
I had an interview prior to admission. The admission criteria may differ from year to year, so I suggest you thoroughly read the information on the programme website (www​.mspe.ei.tum.de). I submitted my application in January, and was already admitted by the end of March. Good luck.

tnx, very much........
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by Nobody: 3:57pm On Jul 13, 2015
ethical:

@ebele17
Please, I need more clarification. I'm going for Msc in Informatics and due to certain circumstances, I'll be resuming late at TUM. Maybe late October or early November. Can I still leave the insurance until I get there? I thought enrollment must be completed by early October and health insurance is required. Thanks.

if you will be resuming late, and you have an enrollment deadline, you need to do the insurance before your deadline. You have to pick an insurance company either AOK, Barmer Gek, or TK. i don't know about the other two but i use Barmer Gek. You have to send them an email explaining that you are a student and need student insurance for your enrollment at TUM. With Barmer Gek, there is an online form to fill and they will email you back. They will send some forms to you which you will fill and scan back to them. one of those forms is a payment authorization for them to debit your blocked account for your insurance starting from the beginning of the semester which is October, so even if you are not here till January the following year, once you have enrolled, they will still debit you starting from October, it doesn't matter when you physically arrive here.
So, after you have submitted these forms to them, they will process it and send your proof of insurance to you. this you have to send to student services to complete your enrollment. You can give them the address of TUM as your main address and then you can change it later if you want. You will send your admission letter and your passport photograph to them because they also need to make your insurance card. It important that you send your insurance before your deadline if you have a deadline. TUM always have deadline for everything.
But if you will be in Germany earlier, then you can physically check out the insurance plans and pick the one you like.

1 Like

Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by Nobody: 4:03pm On Jul 13, 2015
number13:
@ebele17,
Thank you smiley
I have just a few more issuse I wish you'd clarify for me, please.
1. So, is the 3-month travel insurance that we get here in Nigeria on being issued a visa sufficient for the enrollment at TUM? If so, insurance from which of the companies?
2. You mentioned 'full' enrollment. Is this different from ordinary enrollment?
3. Does it mean that we cannot complete the enrollment from here in Nigeria?
4. When is the deadline for enrollment? I just saw 'October' on the website without a specific date. Ordinarily, I would have taken that to mean the whole of October, i.e. until the 31st, but lectures commence on the 12th, so I'm not sure.

No, you can not use Nigerian insurance to enroll in TUM
Full enrollment is when you have submitted everything and you can pick up your student card - if you have missing documents, i think you can enroll but you cant have your card until you submit everything.
No, you can complete enrollment from Nigeria but you need to be aware of the different insurance plans. if you pick a wrong one you may not be able to use it for enrollment and its usually kinda complicated to cancel subscriptions. the bureaucracy is too much.
No, enrollment is usually specific. check for the specific deadline from tumonline in your portal. its usually 15th Oct for new students. Old students are usually in august. you much check from tumonline

1 Like

Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by number13: 4:34pm On Jul 13, 2015
@Ebele, daalu, thank you.
I think the picture is clearer now. And you recommend Barmer GEK, right? When you say you don't pay for jack, do you mean that it's the cheapest? Also, by a wrong 'plan', do you mean a company whose insurance isn't approved for use by TUM, or are there incompatible plans even among those provided by approved companies such as Barmer GEK? I really wish to contact you in person; how do you suppose I can do that?

ebele17:

No, you can not use Nigerian insurance to enroll in TUM
Full enrollment is when you have submitted everything and you can pick up your student card - if you have missing documents, i think you can enroll but you cant have your card until you submit everything.
No, you can complete enrollment from Nigeria but you need to be aware of the different insurance plans. if you pick a wrong one you may not be able to use it for enrollment and its usually kinda complicated to cancel subscriptions. the bureaucracy is too much.
No, enrollment is usually specific. check for the specific deadline from tumonline in your portal. its usually 15th Oct for new students. Old students are usually in august. you much check from tumonline
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by Ethelbert006: 5:18pm On Jul 13, 2015
Greetings to the whole house,
this is one great thread that's really informative, great one peeps.

I've got some need of clarity as regards the student visa app. process.

1. I understand that someone can apply for the student visa even when an opened block account has not been funded, but, the thing is, which document can be used to show proof of financial means?

2. Someone used on this thread used firstbank to transfer the funds, but details on how long DB stayed before a response mail was issued was not stated.

I would appreciate your inputs and answers these questions.

Thanks house.
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by ethical: 5:23pm On Jul 13, 2015
ebele17:

if you will be resuming late, and you have an enrollment deadline, you need to do the insurance before your deadline. You have to pick an insurance company either AOK, Barmer Gek, or TK. i don't know about the other two but i use Barmer Gek. You have to send them an email explaining that you are a student and need student insurance for your enrollment at TUM. With Barmer Gek, there is an online form to fill and they will email you back. They will send some forms to you which you will fill and scan back to them. one of those forms is a payment authorization for them to debit your blocked account for your insurance starting from the beginning of the semester which is October, so even if you are not here till January the following year, once you have enrolled, they will still debit you starting from October, it doesn't matter when you physically arrive here.
So, after you have submitted these forms to them, they will process it and send your proof of insurance to you. this you have to send to student services to complete your enrollment. You can give them the address of TUM as your main address and then you can change it later if you want. You will send your admission letter and your passport photograph to them because they also need to make your insurance card. It important that you send your insurance before your deadline if you have a deadline. TUM always have deadline for everything.
But if you will be in Germany earlier, then you can physically check out the insurance plans and pick the one you like.

@ebele17
It's clear now, thanks a lot.
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by lmuhopeful: 5:43pm On Jul 13, 2015
Ethelbert006:
Greetings to the whole house,
this is one great thread that's really informative, great one peeps.

I've got some need of clarity as regards the student visa app. process.

1. I understand that someone can apply for the student visa even when an opened block account has not been funded, but, the thing is, which document can be used to show proof of financial means?

2. Someone used on this thread used firstbank to transfer the funds, but details on how long DB stayed before a response mail was issued was not stated.

I would appreciate your inputs and answers these questions.

Thanks house.

Bro,

1) You can only show financial means by depositing the required 8040 Euros in the blocked account. Even if you are Dangote's son, from what is clear, the embassy will only recognise your finances if you show them proof that you have deposited in DB. So try and transfer the money and wait for DB to send you a confirmation via email. However, proceed to your visa interview even if you haven't deposited the money.

2) I don't think you should worry so much about how long the funds will take to be transferred. However for the fastest transaction, I advice that you go to the head office in your state of First bank or any other bank that you intend to use. The process which involves obtaining a 'Form A' has already been discussed on the previous posts. Some people have said that they got a confirmation in just two days.
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by lmuhopeful: 5:46pm On Jul 13, 2015
Ebele, thanks for your help here.

I am going to LMU oo and it seems I am the only one here on this thread. I really don't have a particular question and I know you are at TUM, but I would be pleased if you could talk generally about life at LMU and what to expect.

Thanks
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by kciano: 6:51pm On Jul 13, 2015
Tchio2020:
Good day all,

Anyone going for Msc Chemical and Energy Engineering program at ovgu Magdeburg ? Or know someone who's already there.
Let get in touch,
Or send me a pm.
Thanks

i hv sent u pm......respond
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by dcitizen: 7:15pm On Jul 13, 2015
Hello,

I need help frm those who are using a letter of sponsorship. I manage to get somebody who promise to help me out. But, he is asking how the format or the sample of the letter will be as part of the application process to get the letter.

Guru, besides my sponsor bankstatement, and passport, and my international passport and admission, does he need to write a letter of sponsorship as part of the application. Need your reply.
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by Williamso(m): 7:42pm On Jul 13, 2015
lmuhopeful:
Bro,

1) You can only show financial means by depositing the required 8040 Euros in the blocked account. Even if you are Dangote's son, from what is clear, the embassy will only recognise your finances if you show them proof that you have deposited in DB. So try and transfer the money and wait for DB to send you a confirmation via email. However, proceed to your visa interview even if you haven't deposited the money.

2) I don't think you should worry so much about how long the funds will take to be transferred. However for the fastest transaction, I advice that you go to the head office in your state of First bank or any other bank that you intend to use. The process which involves obtaining a 'Form A' has already been discussed on the previous posts. Some people have said that they got a confirmation in just two days.
Bros, I think his question is hinged on the bolded. What document should he take to the interview as proof of financial means even as he is yet to fund the account.

(1) (2) (3) ... (115) (116) (117) (118) (119) (120) (121) ... (469)

Travelling To Canada Part 10 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 4 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16

Viewing this topic: 9 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 112
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.