Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,175,251 members, 7,894,125 topics. Date: Thursday, 18 July 2024 at 11:38 PM

General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 - Travel (140) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 (1015669 Views)

General German Visa Enquiries Part 3 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 / General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (137) (138) (139) (140) (141) (142) (143) ... (469) (Go Down)

Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by Williamso(m): 9:56pm On Jul 23, 2015
Eke40seven:

Just reach there first, you will see that most of these calculations doesn't hold water. It will be thrown out of the window. Although its good to be mindful of the laws. Let this not be your headache, get there first.
My brother at the top. I was just trying to let that dude lower his expectations. You could see how lofty they were.
Besides, I believe it's better to expect little then get much, than to expect much then get little...
I'm sure you get my point.
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by twinkle1(m): 9:57pm On Jul 23, 2015
styles2009:

Hi
There are many groups on facebook publishing adverts for room to rent, example:

https://www.facebook.com/WG.Zimmer.frei.in.Hannover?fref=ts

Cheers

THANKS BRO!!!!!!! I DON SEE ONE CORRECT ROOM SHAPERLY €250 PER MONTH.

NA TO RUSH AM FAST FAST. E NO EVEN FAR FROM MY SCHOOL.
MEHN THIS THREAD IS LIT!!!!!!!!!!
I'M VERY GRATEFUL.

THANKS ONCE AGAIN.

I BEEN DEY FIND BETTER WG SINCE.

1 Like

Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by sask(m): 10:33pm On Jul 23, 2015
pls guy when applying via uniassit do one need to upload pages of his international passport just asking I don't have one yet mine would be ready later
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by obs3rver: 10:42pm On Jul 23, 2015
missZ1:
Good day house ,

My interview is next week please I need some tips on how to ace the interview......I can't quite "cram" the 16 states as hard as I try.......will not knowing the 16 state by heart affect my chances of been given a visa?

Thank you

I cannot categorically say not knowing will, or will not, affect your chances. I do know however that not knowing can be the beginning of problems for you, because the VO would take this to mean "lack of adequate preparation".
You don't need to cram the 16 states per se, just write them down in alphabetical order, as the brain can relate better with new information if it is ordered, and keep writing them on different sheets till you can remember. Also, recite them morning and night. They will stick. Learning by repetition is the fastest way to learn, when you find something particularly hard to "learn".
Whatever you do though, don't go for your interview without knowing those 16 states! and their capitals if possible.

All the best.

2 Likes

Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by uchezdedon(m): 10:47pm On Jul 23, 2015
sask:
pls guy when applying via uniassit do one need to upload pages of his international passport just asking I don't have one yet mine would be ready later

It's not compulsory. I submitted via uni-assist without any of international passport.
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by victz: 11:25pm On Jul 23, 2015
Please, do not make a mistake of cramming. You can easily forget when you cram. Just try your best to know it. It's not as difficult as what you are going to face in the cause of studying in Germany. If you can be able to know at least 10-12 states and capitals out of the 16 states you are good to go. Arranging a mork interview can go along way to help if you have someone around you who will be willing and able to do that for you.

missZ1:
Good day house ,

My interview is next week please I need some tips on how to ace the interview......I can't quite "cram" the 16 states as hard as I try.......will not knowing the 16 state by heart affect my chances of been given a visa?

Thank you

1 Like

Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by Nobody: 11:29pm On Jul 23, 2015
Kelvinpam:

lol...finally sha..

Got few questions bro:
Studentenwerk for ma sch demands I pay €10 to process accommodation placements. Can I initiate both transfer at the same time?

2. My sch cert. aint ready yet. They said it takes 4 years.
This one the bank keep insisting on the cert.

and not statement of result. So no hope for us?
I used statement of result but it depend on d bank staff n d way u relate. Oga u can withdraw 500k from your account and take it to fidelity and additional 100k Abi u dey fear ? because na so I do am ooo from my house to island I dey with Block account money I remember dat day I carry d money go yaba to flex small before I enter island

2 Likes

Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by peruziii: 12:27am On Jul 24, 2015
kingsleymike:
Regarding block account funding. I visited just two banks (GTBank, Fidelity Bank) in my area Festac Town. After I explained what I came for, I discovered that some of these bankers to a large extent lack knowledge of the task they have been saddled with. As for GTBank- the lady I was directed to made some calls and told me sorry that they have stopped Form A transactions. When i insisted and mentioned thier HQ, she said i should try their HQ that they might be an exception. As for Fidelity, I got in there, went to the Funds Transfer section and made my inquiries but I was surprised the lady said to me, I must have a corporate acct b4 I can talk about Form A transactions. So I got out and sent a mail to their headquarters and this is their reply below-

Dear Mr. Kingsley,

Thank you for your mail.

Regarding your enquiry, please note that we do not send out soft copy for form A. You will have to visit the branch with the following requirements:

FOR PAYMENT OF SCHOOL FEES

1. Current School Bill (the validity should be within the existing school calendar year and also under school logo)
2. School admission letter (for authenticity, it must be under school’s letterhead, or school logo, if sent via e-mail)
3. Copy of Applicant’s (account holder) International passport bio date page or certificate of incorporation/business registration for corporate bodies.
4. Customer’s Letter of Authority to debit for the transaction (properly verified by the branch)
5. Completed Form A with the school’s name indicated as the beneficiary.
6. For post-graduate degree, copy of First Degree Certificate (not Statement of Result)
Note that school fees will be paid directly into the school’s account.

FOR PAYMENT FOR STUDENT’S UPKEEP OR LIVING ALLOWANCE

1. Estimates of the Student’s Living Allowance on the school’s letter-head for authenticity
2. School admission letter (for authenticity, it must be under school’s letterhead, or school logo, if sent via e-mail)
3. Copy of Applicant’s (account holder) International passport bio date page or certificate of incorporation/business registration for corporate bodies.
4. Customer’s letter of authority to debit account for the transaction (properly verified at the branch)
5. Completed Form A with the student named as the beneficiary.
6. For post-graduate degree, copy of First Degree Certificate (not Statement of Result)
Currently, the only option for form A payments is interbank funds which can be accessed any day. The rate is as advised by Treasury Group.

Thank you for choosing Fidelity Bank.

.....so the bottom-line is that it is 100% possible using the Form A for funding the students acct. Again, seems one must be an acct holder. What I don't know now is what type of account needed ( savings or current).
well i dont understand why people still have issues with this form A thing and some even think its not possible i was sending my money through union bank with form a because i though my bank access bank would not do the transfer for me and union bank was about to transfer my money when i saw a guy that did his wit access i immediately cancelled my transaction with union bank cus their exchange rate was 226. i got a guys number at the unit that transfer the fund he misleaded me in the first place by telling me they can not transfer money to personal account that is why i went to union bank in the first place. so when i read about a guy that did his at access i called the guy back and para for him for making me move my money to union . he still insisted that they can not transfer to personal account (this is a guy that works directly in the unit that transfer from their head office) so i told him i will send him my document and he should show his boss that approves all the transfer he then called me after receiving my mail that i should go to any access bank and send the document and the branch will be the one to send it to them. i was just debited today and my money as been sent. the person we did interview together did his last week within 3 days with union bank and got message from db 2 days after transaction. but if you are too rich you can go for domiciliary acct. instead of arguing that its impossible why not talk to those that have done it . i even cancelled my transaction from one bank and use a cheaper one so one also need to be patient as the transaction time varies cus they have to buy euro for you from central bank. branch can do it just tell them to call their head office even when i went to the access branch the lady wanted to say she does not think one can send to personal account even does at the transfer unit in the head office did not know so you should insist and use banks that people have mentioned here. i have recommended it to others and they have done their transaction .
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by peruziii: 12:46am On Jul 24, 2015
Obiwannn:

lolz I just dey look u..u dey find cheap means.. Why u no use ATM take withdraw the 2m or use ATM do transfer? tongue
lol.. No mind me. Abeg if ur money don complete, lock up for the intangible 7k make u fund that DB account ASAP. Cos once Greece gets out of their economic mess, the Euro would rise again, and you might end up spending much more than the 7k wey u de try save.
my opinion i dont think any bank will charge you more than 150 naira for transfer there different type of transfer i moved my money from access to union was charged 100 and moved it back to access was charged about that same amount i was also thinking the charge will be much cus of what i read about cbn regulation. just go and do the transfer i think from 10million upward is even 500 naira according to one mail i received from fcmb when they mailed me about increase in tariff
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by Kelvinpam(m): 2:40am On Jul 24, 2015
peruziii:
my opinion i dont think any bank will charge you more than 150 naira for transfer there different type of transfer i moved my money from access to union was charged 100 and moved it back to access was charged about that same amount i was also thinking the charge will be much cus of what i read about cbn regulation. just go and do the transfer i think from 10million upward is even 500 naira according to one mail i received from fcmb when they mailed me about increase in tariff

Sir, Zenith bank collects N3 for every 1000 transferred (exclusive of VAT), First bank collects N220 for transfers below 1m and N500 above 1m.
So different banks, different charges. So we shouldn't generalize all banks collects N150.

dolpaz made a suggestion on the use of online banking to save cost of transfer involving banks like Zenith with high charges.
That might be the only option here.
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by 3434tunde(m): 5:50am On Jul 24, 2015
Thank God i got my admission to BTU for my masters yesterday after the Coordinator went out of her way to get me the letter yesterday. These whites can be angels. my question please house is since i intend using a sponsor letter but havnt been able to settle that yet and i have opened a block account since last year.please can i use the blocked account slip to book for appointment so i can meet up the school date on time.
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by twinkle1(m): 6:33am On Jul 24, 2015
peruziii:
well i dont understand why people still have issues with this form A thing and some even think its not possible i was sending my money through union bank with form a because i though my bank access bank would not do the transfer for me and union bank was about to transfer my money when i saw a guy that did his wit access i immediately cancelled my transaction with union bank cus their exchange rate was 226. i got a guys number at the unit that transfer the fund he misleaded me in the first place by telling me they can not transfer money to personal account that is why i went to union bank in the first place. so when i read about a guy that did his at access i called the guy back and para for him for making me move my money to union . he still insisted that they can not transfer to personal account (this is a guy that works directly in the unit that transfer from their head office) so i told him i will send him my document and he should show his boss that approves all the transfer he then called me after receiving my mail that i should go to any access bank and send the document and the branch will be the one to send it to them. i was just debited today and my money as been sent. the person we did interview together did his last week within 3 days with union bank and got message from db 2 days after transaction. but if you are too rich you can go for domiciliary acct. instead of arguing that its impossible why not talk to those that have done it . i even cancelled my transaction from one bank and use a cheaper one so one also need to be patient as the transaction time varies cus they have to buy euro for you from central bank. branch can do it just tell them to call their head office even when i went to the access branch the lady wanted to say she does not think one can send to personal account even does at the transfer unit in the head office did not know so you should insist and use banks that people have mentioned here. i have recommended it to others and they have done their transaction .

Thanks so much for this. I was caught up with this Form A stuff .
The thing is that some banks know about this Form A. But there requirements and reasons are just one kind. E. g Fidelity asked one nairalander for a letter head from the school about estimates of student living costs.......

Now pls my most important questions are.
1) What we're you asked to submit?
2)what documents did you submit?
3) who did you speak to at the bank. I. E who were you relating with that forwarded your application in the bank.?
4)did you go to the head office or branch office to carry out the transaction.?

I intend using the EXACT method you used. I really don't want to use dorm. Dorm is 200k+ difference . I want to give this Form A thing one last shot.

Pls put me through Bro. I need this very Importantly. Thanks
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by stoicism: 6:44am On Jul 24, 2015
3434tunde:
Thank God i got my admission to BTU for my masters yesterday after the Coordinator went out of her way to get me the letter yesterday. These whites can be angels. my question please house is since i intend using a sponsor letter but havnt been able to settle that yet and i have opened a block account since last year.please can i use the blocked account slip to book for appointment so i can meet up the school date on time.

I am also using a sponsor.....my sponsor has booked an appointment with the local office, I have been praying very hard that he's able to get the letter for me

1 Like

Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by stoicism: 7:00am On Jul 24, 2015
nellyb24:
Hello guys its really becuming difficult getting accomodation in bremen so intend to book for an hostel 4 at least 3 days@14 euros per nite while i search 4 my accomodation wen am already in bremen.hope its nt a bad idea?And i have an age declaration frm rivers state high court hope i dnt need dat npc ish.cos its stated in dia checklist npc or age declaration.pls clarify

I will be heading to Bremen also, pls what's the use of the age declaration form. I've been admitted by unibremen but waiting for my sponsorship letter...is d age declaration for visa or for school cuz itsnt on the info required by the school...tnx
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by Nobody: 7:11am On Jul 24, 2015
Yes

3434tunde:
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by stoicism: 7:24am On Jul 24, 2015
Ahbbiey:
Yes

please do u mean he can use blocked account to book an appointment then present a sponsorship letter during the interview ?
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by Nobody: 8:12am On Jul 24, 2015
I mean he can use the slip to book an appointment.

I am not certain if he can use a sponsorship letter later for the interview though.

It might be possible, it might not. Maybe someone else can clarify.

stoicism:

please do u mean he can use blocked account to book an appointment then present a sponsorship letter during the interview ?
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by Eke40seven(m): 8:17am On Jul 24, 2015
stoicism:

The only problem is this though, if your sponsorship letter is not ready before the interview and you used the blocked account, the process of changing it can take you back several weeks, if not by the embassy here, it could be by the alien office over there. However, if it happens so, just still maintain that its your sponsor that would fund the blocked account during the interview and still know all the details about him so that if you will have to switch back to using the sponsorship letter, you wouldn't have to give lengthy explanations.
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by Obiwannn: 8:26am On Jul 24, 2015
stoicism:

YES, thats what she meant. But I dont think any1 has done it before. If you have, please speak up. I actually wanted to ask the VO this question (can someone use a blocked account slip to book an appointment, but attend the interview with a sponsorship letter and can some book an appointment with a block account, attend the interview with the block account and later change to sponsorship cos money is not readily available<doin d latter wld enable u dodge all d interview questions abt ur sponsor n his finances, hehehe>wink
Note that I dont intend changing means but just wanted to ask for d benefit of those in d thread who intend doing it.So pls any1 havin interview soon (after d session must hv gone well o) should ask d VO these questions.& pls ask her intelligently b4 she suspects anytin fishy. I shd hv askd, bt she didnt gimme d chance to
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by obs3rver: 8:29am On Jul 24, 2015
peruziii:
well i dont understand .

Please what was the exchange rate access bank used for your transaction? and the extra charges (offshore charges et al), how much did this come to?
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by Nobody: 8:53am On Jul 24, 2015
Eke40seven:

The only problem is this though, if your sponsorship letter is not ready before the interview and you used the blocked account, the process of changing it can take you back several weeks, if not by the embassy here, it could be by the alien office over there. However, if it happens so, just still maintain that its your sponsor that would fund the blocked account during the interview and still know all the details about him so that if you will have to switch back to using the sponsorship letter, you wouldn't have to give lengthy explanations.
Eke!! I sight you wink cheesy
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by Nobody: 8:58am On Jul 24, 2015
peruziii:
Bros please how did you do the transfer from one bank to another? Was it via online banking, ATM transfer? how please? Thanks
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by Eke40seven(m): 9:53am On Jul 24, 2015
Obiwannn:
YES, thats what she meant. But I dont think any1 has done it before. If you have, please speak up. I actually wanted to ask the VO this question (can someone use a blocked account slip to book an appointment, but attend the interview with a sponsorship letter and can some book an appointment with a block account, attend the interview with the block account and later change to sponsorship cos money is not readily available<doin d latter wld enable u dodge all d interview questions abt ur sponsor n his finances, hehehe>wink
Note that I dont intend changing means but just wanted to ask for d benefit of those in d thread who intend doing it.So pls any1 havin interview soon (after d session must hv gone well o) should ask d VO these questions.& pls ask her intelligently b4 she suspects anytin fishy. I shd hv askd, bt she didnt gimme d chance to
I know like two people that did it but the process took longer than it actually should because of that.
crowns2:

Eke!! I sight you wink cheesy
I sight you too dear!

1 Like

Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by chatmate: 9:56am On Jul 24, 2015
my brothers.. pls has anyone info.

i m looking for a uni that doesnt require german certificate. only waec and they give admission very fast.. any?

i ll be glad..

save yo brov plz.. again how much shud be in block account now?
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by uchezdedon(m): 9:58am On Jul 24, 2015
stoicism:

I am also using a sponsor.....my sponsor has booked an appointment with the local office, I have been praying very hard that he's able to get the letter for me

When is ur enrollment deadline?
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by ogompaul(m): 10:06am On Jul 24, 2015
Justcul:

Simply let the embassy know your school of interest and reasons.. It doesnt matter admission letter you used in opening an account.. Just let the embassy know your school and city of interest with reasons...But, others can give their opinions as well....

As for the other questions, i shall get back to you.

As always, its my 2 euros
Bro Justcul, pls can u help me with links to cheap and good accommodation in Bremen? I'm having issues with getting one. Again, I understand that u don't respond to pm any longer buh u will agree with me dat there are tinz better discussed off camera. Pls respond to my pm. thanks.
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by Nobody: 10:06am On Jul 24, 2015
I'm resuming in Hanover in September: Leibniz Univ, LLM in IT-IP Law (apparently classes start Sept 8, judging by last year's timetable & my admission letter). I've already secured accommodation in the Linden area using www.wg-gesucht.de (€320/mth all bills inclusive and I'll be making payment for the room on arrival - I intend to be in Hanover for the start of classes). The accommodation is a 15 mins walk from the school. I had earlier applied for a room with studentwerk back in June, but I've gotten no response from them to date. At any rate, I'm aware that new applicants are on a waiting list; but as I prefer certainty, I chose to sort out my accommodation without banking on studentwerk. I'll suggest you visit the site and narrow your search to Hanover and a few of the districts close to school (Nordstadt, Sudstadt, Linden, Herrenhausen). An alumni (2014/15 session) told me one will still be able to get good accommodation till mid Sept (when most students start arriving).

I had my visa interview yesterday, which went pretty well (got a subsequent reminder in the afternoon from the Consulate on the transfer of funds once the DB account is opened); so now I'm waiting for confirmation of account opening from DB (it's 2 weeks already, but the Nigerian VO told me to wait for another week, as it takes about 3 weeks to receive confirmation of the account opening). Already discussed the Form A funds transfer with GTB (Ikoyi 2 branch), and I've been referred to the FTO (named Tutu) at the St. Gregory Road branch (I was told I could do it at Catholic Mission Street branch through my account manager, or head over to their hq. Requirements were int'l passport, admission letter, letter from the embassy requesting the amount, DB account details, degree certificate and nysc certificate.

I hope this helps.

twinkle1:
Hello everyone.. Studentenwerk is dulling me big time... I'm trying to book for a room.. Say 4 nights just to have a place to settle before I begin to hustle for accommodation. I'm thinking WGs are my best option.. Cs I dey reason €250 per month.

U guys.. I need your advice.. Thanks.

Dolpaz, kennyoguns0509 and y'all.. how una do am

My school is in Hanover. If y'all know any naija person for there. I KNOW MIND OO.

Any of y'all in Hanover? Or going to hanover? Let's rub minds.

Imagine Studentenwerk Hanover saying they have bookings since last year and early this year. Omo I just sempe as I hear am.

3 Likes

Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by stoicism: 10:07am On Jul 24, 2015
uchezdedon:

When is ur enrollment deadline?

October 26....he has booked an appointment to get the letter on August 3rd....i think I will just wait. Hope he can get the letter same day.
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by uchezdedon(m): 10:16am On Jul 24, 2015
stoicism:

October 26....he has booked an appointment to get the letter on August 3rd....i think I will just wait. Hope he can get the letter same day.

D letter doesn't take more than 2hrs to get if he meet d requirements. He will definitely get it same day.
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by uchezdedon(m): 10:18am On Jul 24, 2015
For those booking for appointment, please what's d latest date that d embassy now gives 4 interview?
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by twinkle1(m): 10:19am On Jul 24, 2015
iBanj:
I'm resuming in Hanover in September: Leibniz Univ, LLM in IT-IP Law (apparently classes start Sept 8, judging by last year's timetable & my admission letter). I've already secured accommodation in the Linden area using www.wg-gesucht.de (€320/mth all bills inclusive and I'll be making payment for the room on arrival - I intend to be in Hanover for the start of classes). The accommodation is a 15 mins walk from the school. I had earlier applied for a room with studentwerk back in June, but I've gotten no response from them to date. At any rate, I'm aware that new applicants are on a waiting list; but as I prefer certainty, I chose to sort out my accommodation without banking on studentwerk. I'll suggest you visit the site and narrow your search to Hanover and a few of the districts close to school (Nordstadt, Sudstadt, Linden, Herrenhausen). An alumni (2014/15 session) told me one will still be able to get good accommodation till mid Sept (when most students start arriving).

I had my visa interview yesterday, which went pretty well (got a subsequent reminder in the afternoon from the Consulate on the transfer of funds once the DB account is opened); so now I'm waiting for confirmation of account opening from DB (it's 2 weeks already, but the Nigerian VO told me to wait for another week, as it takes about 3 weeks to receive confirmation of the account opening). Already discussed the Form A funds transfer with GTB (Ikoyi 2 branch), and I've been referred to the FTO (named Tutu) at the St. Gregory Road branch (I was told I could do it at Catholic Mission Street branch through my account manager, or head over to their hq. Requirements were int'l passport, admission letter, letter from the embassy requesting the amount, DB account details, degree certificate and nysc certificate.

I hope this helps.

WOW! . Thanks so much.

The prospect of meeting a 9ja guy in hannover don dey sweet my belle grin. Gesucht website all the way.. I'll bone the one I got from one forum like that or I just pend it.
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by stoicism: 10:25am On Jul 24, 2015
uchezdedon:

D letter doesn't take more than 2hrs to get if he meet d requirements. He will definitely get it same day.

ok....'ve been praying...r u in Germany?

(1) (2) (3) ... (137) (138) (139) (140) (141) (142) (143) ... (469)

Travelling To Canada Part 10 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 4 / UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2

Viewing this topic: 2 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 94
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.