Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,172,924 members, 7,886,517 topics. Date: Thursday, 11 July 2024 at 11:20 AM

West African Leaders Mull New Force To Fight Boko Haram - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / West African Leaders Mull New Force To Fight Boko Haram (1662 Views)

Dankwambo, Okowa, Obiano Mull APC Move. / President Buhari Stands Tall Amongst West African Leaders (photos) / African Union Calls For 7,500-Strong Force To Fight Boko Haram (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

West African Leaders Mull New Force To Fight Boko Haram by David0(m): 9:29pm On Jan 17, 2015
West African leaders will seek permission from the African Union next week to create a multi-national force to fight the Boko Haram sect, Ghanaian President, John Mahama, told Reuters on Friday.
Such force would represent the most robust international response yet to the militants who have killed thousands over the last year in their campaign for an Islamic caliphate and have also launched cross border attacks into Niger and Cameroon.
Boko Haram is seen as the most serious security threat to Nigeria, Africa’s most populous country and its biggest energy producer, but Mahama said the group and militants in Somalia, Kenya, Mali and elsewhere posed a wider risk.
“Terrorism is like a cancer and if we don’t deal with it, it will keep going. It threatens everybody in the sub region. When it comes to terrorism nobody is too far or too near,” he said.
It will take months before an AU force could be set up and key issues such as who would command it, the location of its headquarters and its financing remain undecided, he said.
Once set up, however, the AU could ultimately seek a United Nations Security Council mandate to take over the force as happened in Sudan’s Darfur region, he said.

thenationonlineng.net/new/west-african-leaders-mull-new-force-fight-boko-haram/

1 Share

Re: West African Leaders Mull New Force To Fight Boko Haram by chekasforchekas: 9:38pm On Jan 17, 2015
Welcome development
Re: West African Leaders Mull New Force To Fight Boko Haram by Litmus: 10:12pm On Jan 17, 2015
If Bokoharam wasn't a group exploited by the WEST for the specific purpose of destroying Nigeria, then as a terrorist group bent on spreading radical Islam and linked to other Islamic terrorist groups, the words of this Ghanaian John Mahama to Routers would automatically elicit terrorists acts in Ghana and South Africa also -for i read that they too are itching to get in on the act in Nigeria.

Ghana, South Africa and others seem to know what is going on better than some. They want to be on the ground for the spoils and or credit for our humiliation when the time comes. How odd that when actual terrorists were destroying all the highly valuable African heritage in Mali none of these coonish people wanted to go there to fight. It took France to knock heads together.
Re: West African Leaders Mull New Force To Fight Boko Haram by JiggamanGh: 11:04pm On Jan 17, 2015
Litmus:
If Bokoharam wasn't a group exploited by the WEST for the specific purpose of destroying Nigeria, then as a terrorist group bent on spreading radical Islam and linked to other Islamic terrorist groups, the words of this Ghanaian John Mahama to Routers would automatically elicit terrorists acts in Ghana and South Africa also -for i read that they too are itching to get in on the act in Nigeria.

Ghana, South Africa and others seem to know what is going on better than some. They want to be on the ground for the spoils and or credit for our humiliation when the time comes. How odd that when actual terrorists were destroying all the highly valuable African heritage in Mali none of these coonish people wanted to go there to fight. It took France to knock heads together.

No wonder why boko haram is still ravaging nigeria with fools such as yourself. What the fork is in Nigeria to make one want to sacrifice their people. The only reason Mahama and other presidents re getting serious about this is because a chaotic nigeria is bad for west Africa especially Ghana because we can't accomodate all the people that will troop in.

You want to act all mighty like there's is somethjng in Nigeria that Ghana or South Africa can't survive without.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: West African Leaders Mull New Force To Fight Boko Haram by luckgab200: 1:24am On Jan 18, 2015
FP material.

Una just dey wake up. Dey felt it's not their biz but Nigeria's, nw dey r beginning to c d possibility of bokoharam extending it's ground to other parts of Africa. A good development all d same.
Re: West African Leaders Mull New Force To Fight Boko Haram by MorrisaMkenya(m): 1:30am On Jan 18, 2015
Litmus:

Your mentallity is really sickening. What is in Nigeria that would make other african countries risk the lives of their soldiers for? You want to sound mighty infront of Ghana and SA but cant accept the fact that BokoHaram insurgency is a bigger problem than Nigerian Army can handle. The reason John Dramani is callling for unity is because we need african unity to defeat this problem that threatens our security. Its just a matter of time before those useless Bokoharam start reaming up with alshabaab and it will mean hell to both Nigeria annd KENYA. Mind you this is not a Ghana's problem, so when western countries unite to fight terror, Africa should unite too. and not just west africa,the whole of africa.

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: West African Leaders Mull New Force To Fight Boko Haram by Rossikk(m): 1:34am On Jan 18, 2015
JiggamanGh:

No wonder why boko haram is still ravaging nigeria with fools such as yourself. What the fork is in Nigeria to make one want to sacrifice their people. The only reason Mahama and other presidents re getting serious about this is because a chaotic nigeria is bad for west Africa especially Ghana because we can't accomodate all the people that will troop in.

You want to act all mighty like there's is somethjng in Nigeria that Ghana or South Africa can't survive without.

You're really ignorant. Even when Nigeria fought the Biafran civil war, there was nothing like Nigerians ''trooping to Ghana''. in a refugee crisis it would normally be nations on Nigeria's borders like Chad that may receive some people. Ghana is too far away for Nigerian refugees to 'troop' to. What is there that would make people go all the way out there? It is only monied Nigerian business people that fly to Ghana for business, and a few students.
Re: West African Leaders Mull New Force To Fight Boko Haram by JiggamanGh: 2:47am On Jan 18, 2015
Rossikk:

You're really ignorant. Even when Nigeria fought the Biafran civil war, there was nothing like Nigerians ''trooping to Ghana''. in a refugee crisis it would normally be nations on Nigeria's borders like Chad that may receive some people. Ghana is too far away for Nigerian refugees to 'troop' to. What is there that would make people go all the way out there? It is only monied Nigerian business people that fly to Ghana for business, and a few students.

That shows how smart you are. That's why Nigerian politicians are campaigning in chad, Cameroon, benin and Niger.

Ghana is not the only country that Nigerians will go to and no country in west Africa nor Africa will be able to cater for the influx of nigerians in their country, with that being said majority of nigerians will look to Ghana before any other country.

Ps in most crisis involving west Africa majority of refugees goes to Ghana. Should there be any problem in Ghana I believe most Ghanaians will come to Nigeria not because of proximity but more about history and familiarity.

4 Likes

Re: West African Leaders Mull New Force To Fight Boko Haram by iamord(m): 5:44am On Jan 18, 2015
Litmus:

but for real Your mindset makes me want to puke, chei!!! What kind of education are people receiving

4 Likes

Re: West African Leaders Mull New Force To Fight Boko Haram by iamord(m): 5:51am On Jan 18, 2015
luckgab200:
FP material.

Una just dey wake up. Dey felt it's not their biz but Nigeria's, nw dey r beginning to c d possibility of bokoharam extending it's ground to other parts of Africa. A good development all d same.
nobody felt that way it has always been an issue of concern, did african countries not agree to send troops but what did your government and some dumb citizens say?? We are giant of africa ! We can solve our own problems, now we can see how it has escalated! Its really embarrassing and shameful the way the situation is taken! From the politicians to the religious leaders to the citizenry. Now the region is considered the. Butt of jokes

2 Likes

Re: West African Leaders Mull New Force To Fight Boko Haram by JiggamanGh: 5:58am On Jan 18, 2015
iamord:
nobody felt that way it has always been an issue of concern, did african countries not agree to send troops but what did your government and some dumb citizens say?? We are giant of africa ! We can solve our own problems, now we can see how it has escalated! Its really embarrassing and shameful the way the situation is taken! From the politicians to the religious leaders to the citizenry. Now the region is considered the. Butt of jokes

Look what the west thinks about us. That's why I say africans but settle our own affairs and stop depending on the west who thinks of us as nothing but animals who can't fend for themselves but some nigerians will rather see Nigeria burn to the ground than accept help from other africans.

http://m.worldstarhiphop.com/apple/video.php?v=wshhpAwJb7z7QVA68482

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XBCYN6ijgEI

6 Likes

Re: West African Leaders Mull New Force To Fight Boko Haram by iamord(m): 7:37am On Jan 18, 2015
JiggamanGh:

Look what the west thinks about us. That's why I say africans but settle our own affairs and stop depending on the west who thinks of us as nothing but animals who can't fend for themselves but some nigerians will rather see Nigeria burn to the ground than accept help from other africans.

http://m.worldstarhiphop.com/apple/video.php?v=wshhpAwJb7z7QVA68482

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XBCYN6ijgEI
of course! You have said it alll!!! We have shown that we are lazy and intellectually inferior times without number.. This insurgency is something that can be solved by nigeria and ecowas region, what baffles me is how people see issues around them, some just blame the issues on no existent enemies. When the enemy is within.. Playing politics and religion, its pathetic

3 Likes

Re: West African Leaders Mull New Force To Fight Boko Haram by David0(m): 9:10am On Jan 18, 2015
iamord:

It's nt a matter of just sending troops, dis is smtn dat kud hv been discussed collectively among d west African nations, agreed and acted upon. Otherwise, Cameroon for instance didn't rise until boko started entering their country, Chad has bn their safe place but today dey r sending troops to Cameroon to help fight boko. I believe if it was any other west African country, Nigeria wud hv bn at d forefront fighting for dat country. This is a welcome idea but I believe they wasted too much time and for that reason we have lost lives.
Re: West African Leaders Mull New Force To Fight Boko Haram by iamord(m): 9:22am On Jan 18, 2015
David0:

It's nt a matter of just sending troops, dis is smtn dat kud hv been discussed collectively among d west African nations, agreed and acted upon. Otherwise, Cameroon for instance didn't rise until boko started entering their country, Chad has bn their safe place but today dey r sending troops to Cameroon to help fight boko. I believe if it was any other west African country, Nigeria wud hv bn at d forefront fighting for dat country. This is a welcome idea but I believe they wasted too much time and for that reason we have lost lives.
then I don't think that u are current with the happenings in the region.. The issue has been discussed time without number,even america, Israel wanted to bring in troops back then, what ever happened is left for you rulers to explain. I can they operate in nigerias boundary when they are not authorized to?? Inasmuch as we have do little leaders.. Nigeria has its self to blame for the delay

3 Likes

Re: West African Leaders Mull New Force To Fight Boko Haram by V0lv0(f): 10:47am On Jan 18, 2015
Litmus:

Sometimes I dunno whether to laugh at you or pity you undecided. Smdh dum..b..a.s..s

4 Likes

Re: West African Leaders Mull New Force To Fight Boko Haram by David0(m): 12:44pm On Jan 18, 2015
V0lv0:
Sometimes I dunno whether to laugh at you or pity you undecided. Smdh dum..b..a.s..s

Bro abeg laff, cos me sef am baffled at d way sm ppl think.

Litmus:

Re: West African Leaders Mull New Force To Fight Boko Haram by iamord(m): 12:56pm On Jan 18, 2015
V0lv0:
lol! He got me laughing @ his stup1d1ty. He is in a world of his own

1 Like

Re: West African Leaders Mull New Force To Fight Boko Haram by V0lv0(f): 8:59pm On Jan 18, 2015
iamord:
lol! He got me laughing @ his stup1d1ty. He is in a world of his own
He always leaves me speechless and not in a good way

1 Like

Re: West African Leaders Mull New Force To Fight Boko Haram by Horus(m): 9:10pm On Jan 18, 2015

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9dyGxQzwZ80

[size=15pt]Julius Malema criticize Goodluck Jonathan on Boko Haram[/size]
Re: West African Leaders Mull New Force To Fight Boko Haram by V0lv0(f): 9:12pm On Jan 18, 2015
Horus:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9dyGxQzwZ80

[size=15pt]Julius Malema criticize Goodluck Jonathan on Boko Haram[/size]
lol funny but this is a clear case of the pot calling the kettle black undecided
Re: West African Leaders Mull New Force To Fight Boko Haram by Horus(m): 10:13pm On Jan 18, 2015
V0lv0:
lol funny but this is a clear case of the pot calling the kettle black undecided

How?. Is it normal that Goodluck Jonathan, has not said a word about the Baga massacre but have sent a statement of condolences to France only for the attack on Charlie Hebdo?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: West African Leaders Mull New Force To Fight Boko Haram by David0(m): 11:57pm On Jan 20, 2015
Horus:

How?. Is it normal that Goodluck Jonathan, has not said a word about the Baga massacre but have sent a statement of condolences to France only for the attack on Charlie Hebdo?

Ask me o.
Re: West African Leaders Mull New Force To Fight Boko Haram by GHPATRIOT(m): 10:12am On Jan 21, 2015

2 Likes

(1) (Reply)

Jonathan To Declare A State Of War In Nigeria,will Extend His Tenure By Two Year / Even If Buhari Decided To Lose He Cant!!! / Dangote Partners Honeywell To Operate U.S.$9 Billion Lekki Refinery

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.