Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,190,604 members, 7,941,315 topics. Date: Thursday, 05 September 2024 at 11:51 PM

9 Things Nigerians Didn't Know About President Goodluck Jonathan And Corruption - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / 9 Things Nigerians Didn't Know About President Goodluck Jonathan And Corruption (1424 Views)

President Goodluck Jonathan and Corruption - Femi Orebe / Ibrahim Magu: Fight Against Corruption Has Just Started And Corruption Knows It. / President Jonathan And Yoruba Oba's, Blessing Or Curse? (photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

9 Things Nigerians Didn't Know About President Goodluck Jonathan And Corruption by coolscott(m): 12:24am On Jan 18, 2015
1. He revived the integrated payroll and personal information system "IPPIS" in order to eliminate major avenues of corruption in the public sector.

2. He approved the sack of a judge, who upheld the results of a fraudulent election in Osun state, even though the judge's decision was in favour of his own party, the PDP.

3. He will not abuse his powers in order to appear tough on corruption. Jonathan believes that, following due process while fighting corruption strengthens our institutions.

4. With smart tweaks to administration (combined with the use of technology) he has decimated almost 4 decades of fertilizer subsidy fraud, saving N50 Billion in a single year.

5. Project "Aquilla" implemented under President Jonathan has helped reduce up to 20 million litres a day in "PMS" subsidy fraud by using technology to track the movement of petroleum products around Nigeria.

6. He granted the 'EFCC' independence from the Attorney-General and Minister of Justice, in order to pursue corruption in the public sector without interference.

7. He approved the compulsory retirement of a judge who dismissed a grievous corruption case against a bank CEO, before taking the defendant's plea.

8. He has choosen to fight corruption with good strategies and diligence, and not brute force.

9. President Jonathan doesn't like to show-off because there's still alot more work to be done.

Be rest assured, President Jonathan is winning the war against corruption..... SAI Goodluck.

4 Likes

Re: 9 Things Nigerians Didn't Know About President Goodluck Jonathan And Corruption by sam4(m): 12:26am On Jan 18, 2015
Election scope
Re: 9 Things Nigerians Didn't Know About President Goodluck Jonathan And Corruption by LagosBoi2(m): 12:44am On Jan 18, 2015
I would have fallen for this if he had not decorated convicted currupt thieves and said stealing is not corruption
Re: 9 Things Nigerians Didn't Know About President Goodluck Jonathan And Corruption by ayoola2002(m): 3:12am On Jan 18, 2015
Na LIE
Re: 9 Things Nigerians Didn't Know About President Goodluck Jonathan And Corruption by legendary11(m): 3:58am On Jan 18, 2015
Lord of mercy
Re: 9 Things Nigerians Didn't Know About President Goodluck Jonathan And Corruption by deeptechcool(m): 4:06am On Jan 18, 2015
@Op, One thing you don't know is that your Oga is cluel.ess and Corrupt.
Btw, stealing is not corruption.

I Will Go On Exile If I Don’t Build Second Niger Bridge Before 2015 — Jonathan (He should be on his way already)
CHANGE we need.
Change is here
Buhari/ Osinbajo 2015.
Re: 9 Things Nigerians Didn't Know About President Goodluck Jonathan And Corruption by Nobody: 4:38am On Jan 18, 2015
legendary11:
@OP,....
By the grace of God, your life and 16th generations to come shall be ruled the way GEJ ruled Nigeria.
since u like cursing,curses will never depart from ur life to the 6th generation. Ppl promised to make the country ungorvernable,more like sabotaging his efforts at good governance: may that be the lot of ur life to ur 6th generation. U shall build but detractors shall pull down..make no mistakes,u are the one saying this by ur own assertion,not me. Its better u get wisdom,repent

3 Likes

Re: 9 Things Nigerians Didn't Know About President Goodluck Jonathan And Corruption by Nobody: 4:41am On Jan 18, 2015
The gameplan of da enemy is to discredit the hardworking presidents govt as much as possible n get nigerians frustrated,like that one down there vvv and sad thing is that they seem getting their way but God will never let them succeed.
Re: 9 Things Nigerians Didn't Know About President Goodluck Jonathan And Corruption by patrotic9gerian: 4:42am On Jan 18, 2015
Because the president is now angry with his screw on media publicity of his achievements, some paid people would come and be pasting nonsense... What pains me most is dat these useless threads make front page to deceive Nigerians further. Can all these achievements be compared to the life of just one innocent victim from terrorist attack? Only this morning, I was thinking about the chibok girls... If one was your sister, would you have the guts to paste this nonsense...

#avoidselfishness... Vote out GEJ and cluelessness in 2015... Buhari is not the best candidate for sure but he is a better option for the salvation of Nigeria..

#IsupportGMB for change...

1 Like

Re: 9 Things Nigerians Didn't Know About President Goodluck Jonathan And Corruption by emeka2847: 4:45am On Jan 18, 2015
GMB to kick out corruption!
Re: 9 Things Nigerians Didn't Know About President Goodluck Jonathan And Corruption by ItsMeAboki(m): 6:03am On Jan 18, 2015
Its time to say goodbye to Badluck and his Corrupt government

1 Like

Re: 9 Things Nigerians Didn't Know About President Goodluck Jonathan And Corruption by amakufrancis(m): 6:28am On Jan 18, 2015
Gej my vote and that of my family are for you

1 Like

Re: 9 Things Nigerians Didn't Know About President Goodluck Jonathan And Corruption by gists: 6:43am On Jan 18, 2015
coolscott:

8. He has choosen to fight corruption with good strategies and diligence, and not brute force.

9. President Jonathan doesn't like to show-off because there's still alot more work to be done.

Be rest assured, President Jonathan is winning the war against corruption..... SAI Goodluck.

At the bolded: How do you contrast this with pipeline and water way security given to militants? Oil theft risen to record-breaking level. Militants buying military hardware for navy. Are all these "good strategies and diligence, and not brute force" in the battle against corruption? Did I talked about the unaccounted billions of dollars in NNPC and the government failure to publish the PWC report after 3 months?
Or are all these the result of people threats to make the country ungovernable?
Re: 9 Things Nigerians Didn't Know About President Goodluck Jonathan And Corruption by legendary11(m): 8:46am On Jan 18, 2015
Rexxie:

since u like cursing,curses will never depart from ur life to the 6th generation. Ppl promised to make the country ungorvernable,more like sabotaging his efforts at good governance: may that be the lot of ur life to ur 6th generation. U shall build but detractors shall pull down..make no mistakes,u are the one saying this by ur own assertion,not me. Its better u get wisdom,repent

I pray for you
Re: 9 Things Nigerians Didn't Know About President Goodluck Jonathan And Corruption by dlox147(m): 9:35am On Jan 18, 2015
ItsMeAboki:
Its time to say goodbye to Badluck and his Corrupt government
stealing
take (another person's property) without permission or legal right and without intending to return it.
"thieves stole her bicycle"
synonyms: purloin, thieve, take, take for oneself, help oneself to, loot, pilfer, abscond with, run off with, appropriate, abstract, carry off, shoplift; More
theft, thieving, thievery, robbery, larceny, burglary, shoplifting, pilfering, pilferage, looting, appropriation, misappropriation;
embezzlement;
rarepeculation, defalcation
dishonestly pass off (another person's ideas) as one's own.
move somewhere quietly or surreptitiously.
"he stole down to the kitchen"
synonyms: creep, sneak, slink, slip, slither, slide, glide, sidle, slope, edge, move furtively, tiptoe, pussyfoot, pad, prowl More. Corruption: The word corrupt when used as an adjective literally means "utterly broken".[1] The word was first used by Aristotle and later by Cicero who added the terms bribe and abandonment of good habits.[2] Morris,[3] a professor of politics, writes that corruption is the illegitimate use of public power to benefit a private interest. Economist I. Senior[4] defines corruption as an action to (a) secretly provide (b) a good or a service to a third party (c) so that he or she can influence certain actions which (d) benefit the corrupt, a third party, or both (e) in which the corrupt agent has authority. Kauffman,[5] from the World Bank extends the concept to include 'legal corruption' in which power is abused within the confines of the law - as those with power often have the ability to shape the law for their protection.
Re: 9 Things Nigerians Didn't Know About President Goodluck Jonathan And Corruption by Joel3(m): 9:42am On Jan 18, 2015
I Will Go On Exile If I Don’t Build Second Niger Bridge Before 2015 — Jonathan

Link
www.nairaland.com/2099127/go-exile-dont-build-second
Re: 9 Things Nigerians Didn't Know About President Goodluck Jonathan And Corruption by Nobody: 1:15pm On Jan 18, 2015
legendary11:

The wrath of God shall reign upon you and your unborn generations.IJN.
The pain and agony bearing by the citizens will never allow you to rest IJN.
You asked for fire and it shall strike on you IJN.
The blood of the innocents will continue to hunt you and your wicked master IJN.
Statistically, Obasanjo left $45billions, increased to $60billions by Yar'du, your pay master lavished from $60bln to $2.4bln @ the moment.
You think u can be paid to deceive Nigerians again?
Capital NO!
Today is Sabbath day, All the causes in the Holy Bible shall be yours and the person you are canvassing for IJN.
citing just one instance of ur rants,u made mention of innocent blood..innocent blood shed by people who oppose true federalism,by people who oppose resource control and regionalism,people who have kept da pib bill pending till this day cos of a clause that allocates a mere 10% extra derivation fund to oil bearing areas,people who have virtually nothing to present at da table but want a larger chunk of other ppl's hardwork and resources,....ppl who want power back by all means even if it means shedding,according to u,innocent blood..
If u have been deceived and fallen prey to their gameplan to subtlely sabotage and frustrate the efforts of da hardworking president inorder to give him a bad name,thats ur cup of coffee..
U simply idle and lazy,like 'them' parasites n heaping ur woes n lifes failures on others.
Again ur post is laced with ur life's adjectives-curses-may heaven spare u of them and not heap them on u if i am a paid agent of gej or da pdp..
Again,am taking u for ur own assertions,not me saying it..God bless
Re: 9 Things Nigerians Didn't Know About President Goodluck Jonathan And Corruption by Nobody: 1:20pm On Jan 18, 2015
#NIGERIANS SAY NO TO KHAKI DEMOCRACY

#NIGERIANS SAY NO TO RETROGRESSION

#NIGERIANS SAY NO TO BORN TO RULE

#NIGERIANS SAY NO TO MEDIEVAL CIVILISATION

#NIGERIANS SAY NO TO THE VEILED DRAKULA ON ANGELS GARB DECEIVING AND BEWITCHING THE PEOPLE

#NIGERIANS SAY NO TO BUHARI AND NIGERIANS SAY NO TO THAT EVIL JANJAWE.IED PARTY OF DARKNESS,APC

1 Like

Re: 9 Things Nigerians Didn't Know About President Goodluck Jonathan And Corruption by LeStylo: 1:52pm On Jan 18, 2015
Window-dressing Anti-corruption efforts!
Re: 9 Things Nigerians Didn't Know About President Goodluck Jonathan And Corruption by crownprince102: 2:22pm On Jan 18, 2015
coolscott:

2. He approved the sack of a judge, who upheld the results of a fraudulent election in Osun state, even though the judge's decision was in favour of his own party, the PDP.
See lie...... Justice Ayo Salami was sacked after declaring Aregbesola the winner in Osun. We are not clueless here on NL. You failed to mention what he did about Missing 20billion dollors, Missing 50 billion naira SURE-P fund, squandered 55 billion dollars, the excess reserve which was raised by Yaradua and Obasanjo which Jonathan has drained from 65 billion dollars to 30 billions dollars. As corrupt Babangida was, he didn't touch the external reserve and excess crude oil. Bunch of clueless pigs
Re: 9 Things Nigerians Didn't Know About President Goodluck Jonathan And Corruption by legendary11(m): 3:11pm On Jan 18, 2015
Rexxie:

citing just one instance of ur rants,u made mention of innocent blood..innocent blood shed by people who oppose true federalism,by people who oppose resource control and regionalism,people who have kept da pib bill pending till this day cos of a clause that allocates a mere 10% extra derivation fund to oil bearing areas,people who have virtually nothing to present at da table but want a larger chunk of other ppl's hardwork and resources,....ppl who want power back by all means even if it means shedding,according to u,innocent blood..
If u have been deceived and fallen prey to their gameplan to subtlely sabotage and frustrate the efforts of da hardworking president inorder to give him a bad name,thats ur cup of coffee..
U simply idle and lazy,like 'them' parasites n heaping ur woes n lifes failures on others.
Again ur post is laced with ur life's adjectives-curses-may heaven spare u of them and not heap them on u if i am a paid agent of gej or da pdp..
Again,am taking u for ur own assertions,not me saying it..God bless

Hoo! I see....
You meants no innocents blood was shed in this country and if any it was subjected to their laziness and idleness?
It's crystal cleared that you an empty vessel that makes the greatest noise.
Re: 9 Things Nigerians Didn't Know About President Goodluck Jonathan And Corruption by Nobody: 3:51pm On Jan 18, 2015
legendary11:

Hoo! I see....
You meants no innocents blood was shed in this country and if any it was subjected to their laziness and idleness?
It's crystal cleared that you an empty vessel that makes the greatest noice.
Even your master knows he has failed this country irrespective of insults he receives on daily basis. You better desist from deceiving people so as to make your daily bread 'cos I can say categorically that it's your lifestyle. I see no reason why you are crying foul 'cos I simply asked you a question and I'll ask you again.
Mr. Agent, Do you want your life to be ruled the way GEJ ruled Nigeria?
look am not in nigeria,but as far as ur country is concerned,gej has done more for the north more than he has done for any other region..u know what that means,dontcha? The north take him as their enemy and want 'their thing' back..so in other words,gej is doing more for his detractors than he should..by God's grace,ppl i do not know shall bless me,shall build for me,shall gather and labor for me,shall build vineyards for me...i trust u can code my answers to ur questions
Re: 9 Things Nigerians Didn't Know About President Goodluck Jonathan And Corruption by legendary11(m): 9:52pm On Jan 18, 2015
Rexxie:

look am not in nigeria,but as far as ur country is concerned,gej has done more for the north more than he has done for any other region..u know what that means,dontcha? The north take him as their enemy and want 'their thing' back..so in other words,gej is doing more for his detractors than he should..by God's grace,ppl i do not know shall bless me,shall build for me,shall gather and labor for me,shall build vineyards for me...i trust u can code my answers to ur questions

I'm equally based in Atlanta GA. Check my previous posts for my cell number.
Nevertheless, I'll never be biased in any situation as far as my country is concerned. Nigeria is my beloved country even though I have dual citizenship. My country ppl 'll never suffer again in the hands of GEJ led government. The wind of change is already blowing in oncoming election.
"The end shall justify the means"

(1) (Reply)

Nigeria Police Redeploy Controversial AIG Mbu, 27 Others / Just A Simple Cartoon, But Speaks Volume / A Quick Look At Nigeria’s Economy In The Past 15 Years [INFOGRAPHIC]

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.