Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,171,407 members, 7,881,485 topics. Date: Friday, 05 July 2024 at 08:58 PM

Cutting Down The Cost Of Governance In Nigeria - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Cutting Down The Cost Of Governance In Nigeria (620 Views)

Traditionalists Stop Governor Fayose From Cutting Down A Sacred Tree (Photo) / 15 Things Buhari Is Doing To Cut Down Cost Of Governance By Lauretta Onochie / Omojuwa: The Difference Between Lagos And Ekiti In Terms Of Governance (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Cutting Down The Cost Of Governance In Nigeria by omobaba101(m): 12:43am On Jan 18, 2015
I moved to Airport Road, Abuja mid last year and been the access road to the Nnamdi Azikwe Airport, the Siren blaring government cars are frequent. The President was coming from the Airport around 10.15 pm as I was heading to the Airport. We were at standstill for close to half an hour. The soldiers had already infringed on my human right and treated us like the Boko Haram they run away from. I decided to feed my eyes as his Excellency passed and I counted very close to 35 cars in his convoy. My mind ran wild to calculate fueling 35 cars daily for basic movement of a person. Sincerely, I cried as I continually said to myself - the cost of running government in Nigeria is way too high. Every business in the world is cutting down on cost. How can we force a system that cuts down on government extravagance in Nigeria?. Can we come up with a pressure group to achieve this, even if it takes time. Don't tell me to vote anyone out; I am talking about a system not a person or political party. If you are aware of a pressure group with this aim, pls lets know how one can participate in their activities

(1) (Reply)

Buhari Did All This? ???? / Nigeria’s Excess Crude Account Down To $2.45bn / Nigerian Soldier, Please Come And Explain To These People. Are You Guys Lying?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.