Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,171,346 members, 7,881,283 topics. Date: Friday, 05 July 2024 at 03:47 PM

Reasons Why Students Fail In Their First Year - Education (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Reasons Why Students Fail In Their First Year (25707 Views)

Why Students Fail Maths In WAEC, NECO - Prof. Onah / How To Identify First Year Students (Hilarious Photos) / 7 Reasons Why Students Fail WAEC Exams Every Year And How To Avoid Them (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Reasons Why Students Fail In Their First Year by spillyboy14: 1:34pm On Jan 18, 2015
k
Re: Reasons Why Students Fail In Their First Year by fulfillment22: 1:40pm On Jan 18, 2015
Op, learn to use the word 'most'

1 Like

Re: Reasons Why Students Fail In Their First Year by baybeeboi: 1:40pm On Jan 18, 2015
failure to dubb and inability to use Micro-chips
Re: Reasons Why Students Fail In Their First Year by Unekz(m): 1:40pm On Jan 18, 2015
intresting..
Re: Reasons Why Students Fail In Their First Year by Nobody: 1:41pm On Jan 18, 2015
[color=#990000][/color]Am looking for serious date who has just finished university for relationship dat wl lead to luvly marriage
Re: Reasons Why Students Fail In Their First Year by elantraceey(f): 1:41pm On Jan 18, 2015
And i'll like to add 'fear' , Many times before school resumes you hear many already talking about how difficult a course is before they even start learning it prolly from what they heard from senior colleagues , this in turn instills fear into them and the end up perfoming poorly , i was a victim of this.

4 Likes

Re: Reasons Why Students Fail In Their First Year by Venymen(m): 1:55pm On Jan 18, 2015
Addiction also to facebook,whatsapp,nairaland,weed,codien,ciga,shisha,women, d list plenty

Re: Reasons Why Students Fail In Their First Year by ShakurM(m): 1:55pm On Jan 18, 2015
Kinds of topic we need!
Weldone Op
Re: Reasons Why Students Fail In Their First Year by ShakurM(m): 1:59pm On Jan 18, 2015
elantraceey:
And i'll like to add 'fear' , Many times before school resumes you hear many already talking about how difficult a course is before they even start learning it prolly from what they heard from senior colleagues , this in turn instills fear into them and the end up perfoming poorly , i was a victim of this.
fear sucks! hope u don kill the course now sha?
Re: Reasons Why Students Fail In Their First Year by Gozye(m): 1:59pm On Jan 18, 2015
Pls can someone teach me how to post original topic?[color=#006600][/color][b][/b]
Re: Reasons Why Students Fail In Their First Year by economia: 2:05pm On Jan 18, 2015
Armanice:
Tnks Op, u did justice to it

First class is a product of your 100level to finals
Re: Reasons Why Students Fail In Their First Year by elantraceey(f): 2:05pm On Jan 18, 2015
ShakurM:
fear sucks! hope u don kill the course now sha?

I didn't perform as i would have sad
Re: Reasons Why Students Fail In Their First Year by oluferry(m): 2:06pm On Jan 18, 2015
thanks @amdin , am so much honored to be on the front page, this would be my first post on fp... am so so so happy that finally the world can change the little brain and inspiration av got, i was also a victim of all av written but today am proud to call myself an upright 300 level studen... just because i accepted the defeat 100 offered me but stood on my feet for a change.. are you there and you have a story to tell the whole word or a write-up we can all learn from, yeah here is the chance you've been waiting for , for your voice to be heard, lets do it at http://speak4us..com thanks and God bless you.
Re: Reasons Why Students Fail In Their First Year by omarithmetics: 2:11pm On Jan 18, 2015
mostly its just lack of well orientation, people that have elder ones that care to school them through the basics are usually better off
Re: Reasons Why Students Fail In Their First Year by ShakurM(m): 2:15pm On Jan 18, 2015
elantraceey:

I didn't perform as i would i have sad
Ohh...I have learnt tho
Re: Reasons Why Students Fail In Their First Year by bosun11(m): 2:16pm On Jan 18, 2015
Failed WOEFULLY in first semester
2nd semester.i woke up
but to God be the glory....i still had a good grade when i convocated.

God + Hardwork + Perseverance does the magic
Re: Reasons Why Students Fail In Their First Year by blimeyVic(m): 2:18pm On Jan 18, 2015
No1 hits the nail on the head. Priority thingy!! E.g instead of purchasing a 1500naira textbook that holds a sea of time-tested information,they would prefer to buy that bronze-coated stupid gold-like watch(Smatch,Omegar,G&G,B&G,etc) which will definitely wear-out in a semester at most and end up victims in the hands of cunning upper level students who pose as reps to the purported lecturer to be sorted(bribed). It's a shame.SMH
Re: Reasons Why Students Fail In Their First Year by LaurelP(m): 2:32pm On Jan 18, 2015
Some people fail because they don't know how to answer exam questions.

Some others cud not tackle their weak points
Re: Reasons Why Students Fail In Their First Year by Genea(f): 2:46pm On Jan 18, 2015
4 some pple dey dnt adapt quickly 2 new environments e.g me
Re: Reasons Why Students Fail In Their First Year by InwehAkpevwe(m): 2:52pm On Jan 18, 2015
Thanks @ op! You nailed it
...But You forgot to tell them to put God 1st in all they do!
Re: Reasons Why Students Fail In Their First Year by Genea(f): 2:52pm On Jan 18, 2015
DJMONACO:

forget dat tin even if dey told u.. u ll still get wot u will get
lol,bros aw far na,take it easy
Re: Reasons Why Students Fail In Their First Year by Epatty(f): 2:53pm On Jan 18, 2015
No. 2 is a main reason
Re: Reasons Why Students Fail In Their First Year by Elinob(m): 2:56pm On Jan 18, 2015
Dis is so Interesting becuz wen with are in skul so many of us think differently some are so Interesting in nite club that is most important thing for some of us.
Re: Reasons Why Students Fail In Their First Year by blimeyVic(m): 2:58pm On Jan 18, 2015
Gst102? Hmm that course is very hard. I heard that only one person among the current 300level students got a C in their time and that the lecturer is very wicked. I just pray we survive the man next semester,even if HE GIVES US an E,me I don't want to spend more than 5yrs in this school o.
Current 300 level student profile/MO:
1)WAkes up around 7am with an empty bottle of bear hanging in one hand,a side-chick resting her head on his chest and shreds of latex made thingummies littered all over.
2)drags himself up/freshens up/gets dressed/swaggers down to school for lectures with a 20leaves general notebook :7-9:30am
3)exchanges banalities with co-jokers and sits on his throne right at the back of the hall from where he hauls silly remarks till the rest of the day.
4)takes out no time to read and study.
5)eventually sneaks in the lecturer's study guide(material) into the exam hall which he dubs word to word.
6)comes out fulfilled and jeering at the one 'over-serious' student that studied only his regular lecture note for the exam because he couldn't make adequate arrangements to get the required material for the course(and this dude got a C).

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Reasons Why Students Fail In Their First Year by Tic4tac(m): 3:11pm On Jan 18, 2015
tnx 4 d writeup...
Re: Reasons Why Students Fail In Their First Year by SafetyFirst(m): 3:14pm On Jan 18, 2015
NOTED

I will not make any of these mistakes when I Go to school
Re: Reasons Why Students Fail In Their First Year by Nobody: 3:14pm On Jan 18, 2015
The mercy and Grace of God is the major factor...
Re: Reasons Why Students Fail In Their First Year by Nobody: 3:27pm On Jan 18, 2015
elantraceey:

Don't mind those lazy bones.

I remember when I had to start this probability course in Electrical Engineering, everybody was hyping the class, saying that the average is always around 50-60 and that only a few people crack the class.

I just looked at them with one kin eye, though I did let what they were saying seep in, but not the fear. In response, I promised myself that even if it's only a single page of the probability text book I read every night, I will do it.

So that's what I did, I read at the very least, one page every night, doing examples at least 2-3 times and when the test results came out, I scored a cool 100%(no joke).

Respond to your fears with some action, less they consume you.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Reasons Why Students Fail In Their First Year by a9nyc2020(m): 3:28pm On Jan 18, 2015
deeptechcool:
A GEJ fan asked any one who doesn't like GEJ's govt to go and hug a transformer, I gladly
went looking for
one. After 20 minutes walk, I saw one 33KVA transformer worthy of hugging. With a
smile, I hugged it. The hug lasted for 17 hours. Now here I am on nairaland (after I used a
generator to charge my phone). I no gree die (cos light no gree come d transformer, as
expected. *copied
hmmm...come up with something bera next time...2 dry, candid advice tho*
Re: Reasons Why Students Fail In Their First Year by Nobody: 3:35pm On Jan 18, 2015
A quick tip, Never allow ur previous success distort ur Next progress
Re: Reasons Why Students Fail In Their First Year by Cashrill(m): 3:39pm On Jan 18, 2015
Nice one @ op

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

ASUU To Continue Strike, Fails To Ease Tension / Olukemi Odukoya and Bola Oboh Protest UNILAG VC's Removal, Attack Pro-Chancellor / OAU Students Locked Down INEC Offices In Ife And Disrupts Training(PHOTOS)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.