Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,170,957 members, 7,879,982 topics. Date: Thursday, 04 July 2024 at 10:19 AM

Drop An English Word That Will Make Someone Check The Dictionary - Education (11) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Drop An English Word That Will Make Someone Check The Dictionary (50867 Views)

Drop One WORD That Can Make Someone Check His/her Dictionary. / 5 Words Nigerians Use That Doesn't Actually Exist In The Dictionary / 10 Words Nigerians Use That Are Not In The Dictionary (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) ... (20) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Drop An English Word That Will Make Someone Check The Dictionary by Nobody: 8:26pm On Jan 19, 2015
Prettythicksme. Ok...curiousity is the mother of invention. What can I invent for you?
Re: Drop An English Word That Will Make Someone Check The Dictionary by Doyin2(m): 8:26pm On Jan 19, 2015
hooey
Re: Drop An English Word That Will Make Someone Check The Dictionary by Misblah(f): 8:26pm On Jan 19, 2015
placebo
quick fix
stopgap
limn
trite
largess
irascible
Re: Drop An English Word That Will Make Someone Check The Dictionary by oluvick(m): 8:26pm On Jan 19, 2015
Fanimorous
Re: Drop An English Word That Will Make Someone Check The Dictionary by baybeeboi: 8:27pm On Jan 19, 2015
mikporch:

No sir because u wrote nonsense
Or is she so weird that she can hear writings just asking ni
and you are so weird to reply Nonsense?
Re: Drop An English Word That Will Make Someone Check The Dictionary by dammytosh: 8:27pm On Jan 19, 2015
Despite being a malapropist i often get caught in the act of serendipity
Re: Drop An English Word That Will Make Someone Check The Dictionary by ares245(m): 8:27pm On Jan 19, 2015
Picaresque.......bilious
Re: Drop An English Word That Will Make Someone Check The Dictionary by kendrick9(m): 8:29pm On Jan 19, 2015
MissMeiya:

It's technically called a preposition stranding, but it's also called a dangling preposition.
ok.
I guess something like this is a good example of a dangling participle..
"Eating like a hungry hippo, the
pancakes disappeared from my
plate within seconds."
Re: Drop An English Word That Will Make Someone Check The Dictionary by mzlizabelle(f): 8:30pm On Jan 19, 2015
MrHardOn:
Mzlizabelle's
Zehner.
SELENAqueensy

I'm here sir.
Re: Drop An English Word That Will Make Someone Check The Dictionary by LordReed(m): 8:30pm On Jan 19, 2015
Disestablishmentarianism
Re: Drop An English Word That Will Make Someone Check The Dictionary by kendrick9(m): 8:31pm On Jan 19, 2015
Doyin2:
hooey
Silly
or worthless talk
Re: Drop An English Word That Will Make Someone Check The Dictionary by Misblah(f): 8:31pm On Jan 19, 2015
makazona:
hoi polloi

infinitessimal

grrrrrrrrrrrrh
infinitesimal means extremely small in size
Re: Drop An English Word That Will Make Someone Check The Dictionary by alberto2k(m): 8:32pm On Jan 19, 2015
joncom:

Ashewo boy like you....
#thighs na word wey we fit check for dictionary?

Check am first

Btw, u don check Lalasticlala? cheesy
Re: Drop An English Word That Will Make Someone Check The Dictionary by Nobody: 8:33pm On Jan 19, 2015
Mzlizzabelle's. Oh my vocab matches your username. By the way you are sweet looking. How can I help you.
Re: Drop An English Word That Will Make Someone Check The Dictionary by tmlewin13(m): 8:33pm On Jan 19, 2015
Flibbertigibbet

1 Like

Re: Drop An English Word That Will Make Someone Check The Dictionary by Misblah(f): 8:33pm On Jan 19, 2015
neurogenesis
Re: Drop An English Word That Will Make Someone Check The Dictionary by 141samuel: 8:34pm On Jan 19, 2015
bosun
Re: Drop An English Word That Will Make Someone Check The Dictionary by onadana: 8:34pm On Jan 19, 2015
cheesy BUHARILASTIC....
Re: Drop An English Word That Will Make Someone Check The Dictionary by vanen2: 8:35pm On Jan 19, 2015
Febuhari
Re: Drop An English Word That Will Make Someone Check The Dictionary by alberto2k(m): 8:35pm On Jan 19, 2015
Muzikluva:

Lmao_Laffs and hits lalasticlala!

Abi

*feeling like a prophet* cool
Re: Drop An English Word That Will Make Someone Check The Dictionary by dechandel(f): 8:35pm On Jan 19, 2015
Beennkumar:

I'm good, and how about you? kiss
I am fine
Are you back? smiley
Re: Drop An English Word That Will Make Someone Check The Dictionary by Nobody: 8:36pm On Jan 19, 2015
Mathematical
Monie
MissMeiya
Re: Drop An English Word That Will Make Someone Check The Dictionary by Nobody: 8:38pm On Jan 19, 2015
Re: Drop An English Word That Will Make Someone Check The Dictionary by Nobody: 8:38pm On Jan 19, 2015
shegsrules:
Glabella
1. The area between the eyebrows, just above the nose. 2. The corresponding area on the frontal bone between the eyebrow ridges

1 Like

Re: Drop An English Word That Will Make Someone Check The Dictionary by zilon12(m): 8:39pm On Jan 19, 2015
Eavesdrop
Re: Drop An English Word That Will Make Someone Check The Dictionary by hedonistic: 8:39pm On Jan 19, 2015
Chutzpah .... One needs lots of it to achieve the 'impossible' in life.
Re: Drop An English Word That Will Make Someone Check The Dictionary by Songsmith1(m): 8:40pm On Jan 19, 2015
Bucolic.
Re: Drop An English Word That Will Make Someone Check The Dictionary by makazona(m): 8:41pm On Jan 19, 2015
Misblah:
infinitesimal means extremely small in size

correct babe.what about arrggggggggggggg?
Re: Drop An English Word That Will Make Someone Check The Dictionary by Dexema(m): 8:41pm On Jan 19, 2015
SELENAqueensy:

grin... Lol
Seems you really like the games section buh its a pity it dosent hit front page most times,you cud add som spice to it anyway
Re: Drop An English Word That Will Make Someone Check The Dictionary by Nobody: 8:41pm On Jan 19, 2015
Collywobbles

Gobemouche

Tatterdemalion

glaikit

Heimganger
Re: Drop An English Word That Will Make Someone Check The Dictionary by Misblah(f): 8:44pm On Jan 19, 2015
MrHardOn:
Bisixclusive
MisBlah
Misblah~~impeccable elegance.
Re: Drop An English Word That Will Make Someone Check The Dictionary by Koats14(m): 8:44pm On Jan 19, 2015
Kalashnikov

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) ... (20) (Reply)

SS1 Student Caught Wearing Spiritual Amulet 'Igbadi' In Ogun State (Photos) / Arinzechukwu Onwurah Wins Student Union President Election In Sweden / Professor Uju Anya Sends Video Message In 7 Languages

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.