Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,188,289 members, 7,934,191 topics. Date: Wednesday, 28 August 2024 at 08:08 PM

20pence's Posts

Nairaland Forum / 20pence's Profile / 20pence's Posts

(1) (2) (of 2 pages)

Sports / Re: Cristiano Ronaldo's Five Best International Goals by 20pence: 11:35am On Sep 09, 2020
tesppidd:
Hello

It's is not a friendly match, it is a competitive match.
The fact that there are 2 teams involved doesn't make it less of a competitive match.

Even in Messi's goals list it is not listed as a friendly.

If you can count Ronaldo's UEFA Nation's league goals as competitive goals you must count Messi's goal in the super copa as a competitive goal.

You can't be clever by 50 percent.

A competitive match is a match played during a competition/tournament. E.g. during the World Cup, World Cup Qualifiers, COPA America and qualifiers, etc. for South America.

Maybe you can tell us the competion/tournament in which that particular match was played.

Note: I am not interested in Messi - Ronaldo comparison. Just felt to let you know that Messi is yet to score a competitive goal against Brazil. I hope he does in the near future. If you still don't get it after this, then I won't respond to you any further. I wish you all the best.

2 Likes

Sports / Re: Cristiano Ronaldo's Five Best International Goals by 20pence: 11:17am On Sep 09, 2020
tesppidd:
Didn't even bother to check before but Knew I had to cross check cus I knew you were lying.

Messi has scored 7 competitive goals against top 10 teams.
3 against Uruguay, 3 against Colombia and 1 against Brazil in the 2019 super classico.
Liar.

Besides there are 8 European teams and.only 2 south american teams in the top 10.

It's only natural for Ronaldo to score more.

Hello, Messi has never scored a competitive goal against Brazil. It is one of the things Brazilians taunt him with. The one you refered to was scored on 15th November 2019 in a Friendly Match. Google is your friend.

Anyways, this does not take a way the fact that Messi is a fantastic player.

2 Likes

Sports / Re: Cristiano Ronaldo's Five Best International Goals by 20pence: 9:07am On Sep 09, 2020
I think Ronaldo's hat trick against Sweden in 2013 should be on this list. That hat trick fired Portugal into the 2014 World Cup and was the icing on the cake for Ronaldo's Ballon D' Or win that year. The match also kept Zlatan in his place.

5 Likes 1 Share

Car Talk / Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by 20pence: 11:28am On Nov 15, 2019
GAZZUZZ:

if engine has been disassembled it is possible timing is off

It is also possible there is sludge

Possible the Vtc solenoid is malfunctioning

Possible the Vtc solenoid filter is blocked

Find a mechanic who understands what I just wrote.

Chai.......see possible causes!!!.

This is way more than my DIY experience.
Will think it through and provide an update later.
Thank you for your help. Well appreciated.
Car Talk / Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by 20pence: 6:02pm On Nov 14, 2019
See pic below:

Car Talk / Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by 20pence: 2:27pm On Nov 14, 2019
Oga Gazzuzz, thank you for all your help

How can I resolve this:

P0012 - A Camshaft Position Sensor -Timing Cover Ret*rd*d Bank 1

Vehicle: Toyota Camry 2007, i4
Autos / Re: Sold sold sold Foreign Used 2005 Toyota 4runner Selling @3.450m by 20pence: 8:28am On Nov 06, 2018
Are you on Whatsapp? Where exactly is the location: Ikeja?
Business To Business / Re: WE BUY ON EBAY @380/$ & OTHER MAJOR USA SITES AND SHIP YOUR GOODS TO NIGERIA!!! by 20pence: 8:31am On Jul 25, 2018
Car Talk / Re: Closed by 20pence: 10:46am On May 07, 2018
GAZZUZZ:

service or replace IACV intake air control valve

Oga Gazzuzz, thank you so much. Tried removing the IACV last Saturday (May 5) but bolts had become rusty. Eventually got a direct fit throttle body from Ladipo. It idles much better now. I will keep observing it over the next few days.

Thank you once again.
Car Talk / Re: Closed by 20pence: 4:20pm On May 02, 2018
@ Gazzuzz, please is low idle rpm whenever AC is on normal on a 1998 Toyota Camry?

The car idles between 750 - 850 rpm when it is warm in Park (early morning start up). However, while driving with AC on and I come to a stop at a traffic light, the idle rpm drops to between 550 - 600.

Also, while monitoring the rpm, I observed that when I put on the AC with the vehicle in Park position, the rpm rises to 1000 rpm before dropping to around 700 - 750 rpm after about 15 - 30 seconds. The AC still cools.
Religion / Re: MFM Church Pastor In Police Net Over N8.6m Fraud by 20pence: 9:59am On Jan 17, 2018
shocked

Na wa!

Too many fake pastors everywhere, only a few are genuine.

1 Like

Car Talk / Re: Carbon Cleaning For Your Engine Is Now Available by 20pence: 9:40am On Jan 04, 2018
@sooperrescue

How much will it cost for a car with 199,102 mileage?
Religion / Re: Apostle Johnson Suleiman's Failed 2017 Prophecies by 20pence: 9:44am On Jan 02, 2018
asuustrike2009:

He said it in 2016 and it came to pass.it wasn't possible for that to happen but the lord made it come to pass

You still did not get the point. Let me break it down: Trump already said he was going to do it (during his campaigns). That is, before the presidential election were held in November 2016. So, people who followed the campaigns knew this was going to happen if Trump won and he did win. And the campaign promise was fulfilled.

Like you said: "the Lord made it come to pass". I agree with that, but it was not one pastor's prophecy. In fact, it was not Suleiman's prophecy at all, as we (those who followed US presidential elections) already knew it was going to happen after Trump won the election.

If you still do not get it after this, then I will not reply to this any further.

I wish you all the best for 2018.

1 Like

Religion / Re: Apostle Johnson Suleiman's Failed 2017 Prophecies by 20pence: 7:58am On Jan 02, 2018
asuustrike2009:
Prophecy 24 came to pass

It might interest you to know that moving the US Embassy to Jerusalem and recognizing it (Jerusalem) as the capital of Israel is one of the main campaign policies of Donald Trump on Foreign Policy preparatory to the US presidential election. Trump only fulfilled his campaign promise. It is unfortunate that one man of God now made that a "prophecy".

If you doubt me, please Google Trump's campaign promise on Jerusalem.

1 Like

Religion / Re: Living Faith Church To Construct Four Lane Express From Lafenwa To Ayobo by 20pence: 11:49am On Nov 23, 2017
Business / Re: Nigeria’s Inflation Drops For 9th Straight Month To 15.91% by 20pence: 1:38pm On Nov 15, 2017
Really?
Autos / Re: How To Renew Your Driver's Licence In 24hrs ...or Less by 20pence: 3:25pm On Sep 29, 2017
Wow. Followed your advice and it was just on point. The whole process took less than 30 minutes since I did not need to recapture.

Thanks alot.

1 Like

Sports / Re: UCL: Borussia Dortmund VS Real Madrid(7:45pm) by 20pence: 6:39pm On Sep 26, 2017
correct game.

I hope Real Madrid are able to break the jinx
Properties / Re: Casavilla Estate Magboro, Build Immediately!!! by 20pence: 12:09pm On Sep 08, 2017
@LeonOgu,
What is a plot size in the estate? Apart from the N2m, are there any other charges or levies? Are there people living in the Estate already? A few pictures will also help
Politics / Re: The Aburi Accord That Would Have Saved Nigeria From All Her Problems…( But Abort by 20pence: 1:05pm On Aug 30, 2017
hmm...

1 Like 1 Share

Politics / Re: Reps Fire Obasanjo back by 20pence: 10:21am On Aug 16, 2017
hmm...
Car Talk / Re: How Long Have You Been Using Your Current Vehicle by 20pence: 3:11pm On Aug 15, 2017
Oliver80:
oga madam, are you advertising it for sale���

No sir! It is not for sale. Not any time soon.
Car Talk / Re: ABS Code 39 On 1998 Toyota Camry, Pls Help! by 20pence: 3:00pm On Aug 15, 2017
@ honmusa...thank you so much for your advice. I really appreciate it. The ABS code 39 is gone. I am very happy!!!!! I cleaned the reluctor rings as directed and the wiring (to the extent I checked) appeared okay.

However, another ABS code has re-surfaced. It is ABS code 35. In my lame mind, I think it is still connected to the earlier fault code.

I will like to book an appointment and bring it to your workshop.
Car Talk / Re: How Long Have You Been Using Your Current Vehicle by 20pence: 11:29am On Aug 15, 2017
kunlerrry:

May I ask. is it in Lagos that you drive this car? do you drive this car everyday?

Yes, I bought it in Lagos and have driven it for the past almost 7 years in Lagos. I can confidently say that it can match almost any tokunbo.

My tricks:
1.) I replace parts with OEM specs, using the part number to ensure I get the exact match replacement parts. Occasionally, I have had to buy and ship the parts from the US.

2.) I dont allow "kazeems" do guess work whenever any issue comes up. I have a car scanner, I scan the codes and diagnose properly. This helps me fix the exact issues.

3.) I dont drive rough. So, I rarely have dents on the car. There have been occasions when people have hit me from behind, but nothing major. In traffic, I dont struggle for road; I allow other drivers "chance" me. The only "dents" on it now are marks my son (while playing) made on its body. They are not obvious, you need to get close to the car to see them.

4.) My engine is still super, perhaps due to maintenance.

5.) A lot of people have begged me to sell the car to them but I have refused. They are usually amazed when I tell them the car is almost 7 years old.

6.) I am not a guru in cars, but I have learnt alot of DIY techniques as regards maintenance of this car.

7.) Above all, I pray for God's safety on the road.

Just to add: my thermostat is still intact, my fans are not direct (they pick as designed by the manufacturers), I dont use water for my radiator, my radiator is still single cell (I did not change it to double), etc, etc.
Car Talk / Re: How Long Have You Been Using Your Current Vehicle by 20pence: 1:22pm On Aug 14, 2017
6 years, 8 months....still like tokunbo; engine steams, first body, neat interior

2 Likes

Crime / Re: Survivor Gives Account On How Attack Happened-Anambra Church Killings by 20pence: 11:28am On Aug 09, 2017
Hmm!!!
Sports / Re: UEFA Super Cup Final: Real Madrid Vs Man United Match Preview And Team News by 20pence: 9:51am On Aug 08, 2017
The 2 teams are good, but Real has the edge. Anyway, in football, anything can happen!!!
Politics / Re: Nigeria Regains Position As Africa's Largest Economy by 20pence: 5:17pm On Aug 03, 2017
Really?
Sports / Re: Neymar's New Salary In Nigeria Currency Will Wow You by 20pence: 10:18am On Aug 03, 2017
My son must play football by force by fire. Chai!!
Sports / Re: Lionel Messi Bids Farewell To Neymar by 20pence: 4:14pm On Aug 02, 2017
See moneeeeeey. Baba God, please pick my call. Chai!!!!!
Business / Re: Zenith Bank, 2 Others Emerge Best Performing Stocks In July by 20pence: 7:44am On Aug 02, 2017
Wow, seems stocks are gradually picking up. The crash in the market about 8 - 9 years ago is still fresh in my memory! smiley

This Nairaland bug has infected me - FTC!!!

3 Likes

(1) (2) (of 2 pages)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.