Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,192,035 members, 7,946,507 topics. Date: Wednesday, 11 September 2024 at 07:36 PM

PDP Has Reduced Nigeria To A Laughing Stock:Adams Oshiomhole - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / PDP Has Reduced Nigeria To A Laughing Stock:Adams Oshiomhole (1093 Views)

Open Letter To Obey Ezekwesili: You Have Become Their Laughing Stock / See The Mistake Made By NTA During Last Night's Network News On Adams Oshiomhole / The Battle For Senate Presidency: PDP Has The Upper-hand (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

PDP Has Reduced Nigeria To A Laughing Stock:Adams Oshiomhole by chinyere162: 8:27pm On Jan 18, 2015
Governor Adams Oshiomhole of Edo State says the ruling Peoples’ Democratic Party
at the federal level has reduced Nigeria to a laughing stock in the comity of nations with its ineptitude to provide basic amenities and fight insurgency.

Speaking at two mega rallies of the All Progressives Congress held at Auchi in Edo North and Irrua in Edo Central,weekend, Oshiomhole said when the PDP took the reins of governance in
1999, the country had 774 Local
Government areas, but as we speak, close to thirty of those local government areas are being controlled by insurgents.

According to him, it is time to ask yourselves; in 16 years of PDP leadership,what has PDP government produced? For 16 years, they gave us darkness. No light,yet they keep bringing bills. They produced unemployment; our companies have all closed down. If the Federal Government does not have good industrial policy, unemployment will continue to be here. So PDP brought unemployment. PDP government brought kidnapping to our country. There was no
single case of kidnapping before 1999, PDP brought kidnapping.

“The most worrisome of them all is that in 1999, PDP Government was handed 774 Local Government Areas and as we speak now, Boko Haram controls about 30 Local Government Areas and if they continue to
rule, they will get here. We have the best soldiers in the world, they go to other countries for peace keeping. How come they now say our soldiers are now
running from common insurgents? For 16 years, they have not equipped our military.

While urging the people to vote en masse for the APC, Oshiomhole said:

“I can give you 100 reasons why we must vote Buhari. It is for our own survival. It goes beyond tribal sentiments. PDP has failed
Nigeria. They have reduced Nigeria to a joke. They have shared our companies to themselves. They extorted our
unemployed graduates all in the name of scam recruitment exercise. You cannot continue to vote for a party that has lost
every sense of responsibility and reduced our country to a huge joke even within the African Continent.

“This coming election will be a decisive one. We have a Presidential Candidate that has courage; a Presidential candidate that will fight corruption and you will be
counting the casualties. He will not be like those who say they are fighting corruption and nobody is falling.

“General Buhari was a Military Governor and later served as Minister of Petroleum before becoming the Military Head of
State and despite having held all these positions, he never amassed public funds to himself to become rich. He is the kind
of man Nigerians needs. A man that will fight corruption, instill discipline and ensure that the poor are not cheated.”

He said,

“Buhari built Kaduna and Warri
refineries. How can they say all our refineries are good and yet we are importing products and because we are importing, that is why petrol and kerosene price have refused to reduce. If our refineries are not working, where will those our children studying Electrical,Petroleum, Chemical and Mechanical Engineering work after graduation? If PDP
could not do refinery in 16 years, do you want to give them another chance to fail?That is why Nigeria needs General
Buhari.”

Source: http:///coc

1 Like

Re: PDP Has Reduced Nigeria To A Laughing Stock:Adams Oshiomhole by SeverusSnape(m): 8:35pm On Jan 18, 2015
As if most of the movers and shakers in APC today were not former PDP members. undecided
Re: PDP Has Reduced Nigeria To A Laughing Stock:Adams Oshiomhole by lacasa: 8:43pm On Jan 18, 2015
Without a doubt
Re: PDP Has Reduced Nigeria To A Laughing Stock:Adams Oshiomhole by dunkem21(m): 9:05pm On Jan 18, 2015
chinyere162:

He said,

Buhari built Kaduna and Warri
refineries.
How can they say all our refineries are good and yet we are importing products and because we are importing, that is why petrol and kerosene price have refused to reduce. If our refineries are not working, where will those our children studying Electrical,Petroleum, Chemical and Mechanical Engineering work after graduation? If PDP
could not do refinery in 16 years, do you want to give them another chance to fail?That is why Nigeria needs General
Buhari.”

Source: http:///coc

Big fat lie. Buhari did not build any refinery in his tenure. These propagandas are becoming annoying.

I repeat, Buhari built nada not even a nursery school.
Re: PDP Has Reduced Nigeria To A Laughing Stock:Adams Oshiomhole by bokohalal(m): 9:45pm On Jan 18, 2015
dunkem21:

Big fat lie. Buhari did not build any refinery in his tenure. These propagandas are becoming annoying.

Buhari was minister of Petroleum between 1976 and 1978.
The said refineries were built and commissioned under his watch.
Re: PDP Has Reduced Nigeria To A Laughing Stock:Adams Oshiomhole by dunkem21(m): 10:06pm On Jan 18, 2015
bokohalal:

Buhari was minister of Petroleum between 1976 and 1978.
The said refineries were built and commissioned under his watch.

LOL.

What did Obasanjo, the head of state build then?

Its just like saying Diezani Mmadueke built a refinery for example.

I repeat, he built Nada.
Re: PDP Has Reduced Nigeria To A Laughing Stock:Adams Oshiomhole by bokohalal(m): 10:21pm On Jan 18, 2015
dunkem21:

LOL.

What did Obasanjo, the head of state build then?

Its just like saying Diezani Mmadueke built a refinery for example.

I repeat, he built Nada.
But she did not. Stella Oduah on the other hand, changed the roofs and repainted many airports.
Can you spot the logic?
Re: PDP Has Reduced Nigeria To A Laughing Stock:Adams Oshiomhole by dunkem21(m): 7:40am On Jan 19, 2015
bokohalal:

But she did not. Stella Oduah on the other hand, changed the roofs and repainted many airports.
Can you spot the logic?

Which logic?

On the other hand, OBJ didn't build refineries?

I say, Buhari built Nada.
Re: PDP Has Reduced Nigeria To A Laughing Stock:Adams Oshiomhole by bokohalal(m): 8:09am On Jan 19, 2015
dunkem21:

Which logic?

On the other hand, OBJ didn't build refineries?

I say, Buhari built Nada.
Dumbo, Stella Oduah instead of Goodluck Jonathan.
Buhari as minister instead of OBJ
Re: PDP Has Reduced Nigeria To A Laughing Stock:Adams Oshiomhole by dunkem21(m): 8:13am On Jan 19, 2015
bokohalal:

Dumbo, Stella Oduah instead of Goodluck Jonathan.
Buhari as minister instead of OBJ

Mumu, you wan take Obasanjo works credit to Buhari.

Was there any refinery built during Buhari's tenure from 1983 - 1985?

Yes or No
Re: PDP Has Reduced Nigeria To A Laughing Stock:Adams Oshiomhole by bokohalal(m): 8:15am On Jan 19, 2015
dunkem21:

Mumu, you wan take Obasanjo works credit to Buhari.

Was there any refinery built during Buhari's tenure from 1983 - 1985?

Yes or No
I tried not to give up on you ,but I have to. You are impervious to reason. Salud.

1 Like

Re: PDP Has Reduced Nigeria To A Laughing Stock:Adams Oshiomhole by agabusta: 8:22am On Jan 19, 2015
dunkem21:

You obviously have comprehension issues. Did u see '...in his tenure' in the statement? You fraudulently added '...in his tenure' yourself.

It is on record that he spearheaded the building of these refineries when he was the petroleum minister.

Let Alison Madueke spearhead the building of just 1 refinery and add it to her achievements. When she is contesting for president in the future and cites it, nobody I mean nobody will query her, infact we will even support her for that sef.
Re: PDP Has Reduced Nigeria To A Laughing Stock:Adams Oshiomhole by dunkem21(m): 8:50am On Jan 19, 2015
agabusta:

You obviously have comprehension issues. Did u see '...in his tenure' in the statement? You fraudulently added '...in his tenure' yourself.

It is on record that he spearheaded the building of these refineries when he was the petroleum minister.

Let Alison Madueke spearhead the building of just 1 refinery and add it to her achievements. When she is contesting for president in the future and cites it, nobody I mean nobody will query her, infact we will even support her for that sef.

The decision to build refineries lies on the head of state. That is why it is safe to say GEJ built 12 federal universities. It is also said that GEJ transformed our trainsportation sector. GEJ is building the second Niger bridge.

Always give credit to whom its due. Its Obasanjo works.

Comprehend?
Re: PDP Has Reduced Nigeria To A Laughing Stock:Adams Oshiomhole by dunkem21(m): 8:52am On Jan 19, 2015
bokohalal:

I tried not to give up on you ,but I have to. You are impervious to reason. Salud.

What they always say when their propaganda gets bursted.

Sai.
Re: PDP Has Reduced Nigeria To A Laughing Stock:Adams Oshiomhole by agabusta: 9:26am On Jan 19, 2015
dunkem21:

The decision to build refineries lies on the head of state. That is why it is safe to say GEJ built 12 federal universities. It is also said that GEJ transformed our trainsportation sector. GEJ is building the second Niger bridge.

Always give credit to whom its due. Its Obasanjo works.

Comprehend?

Yes, we will give honour to whom honour is due.

Honour is due to Olusegun Obasanjo for making the project happen during his administration.

And honour is also due to the dilligent and corruption-free Mohammad Buhari for getting the project to completion without any issue.
Re: PDP Has Reduced Nigeria To A Laughing Stock:Adams Oshiomhole by dunkem21(m): 10:57am On Jan 19, 2015
agabusta:

Yes, we will give honour to whom honour is due.

Honour is due to Olusegun Obasanjo for making the project happen during his administration.

And honour is also due to the dilligent and corruption-free Mohammad Buhari for getting the project to completion without any issue.

OK, I want to agree with you so that we will be happy.

But, we must lay facts bare and keep history straight. Thanks for understanding.

Check my next update.
Re: PDP Has Reduced Nigeria To A Laughing Stock:Adams Oshiomhole by dunkem21(m): 11:12am On Jan 19, 2015
"The Warri Refinery was awarded by Yakubu Gowon to
Snamprogetti Spa Milan, Italy in 1975 (in this period, Buhari was
the governor of North-eastern state) at the cost of $478 million
and commenced operation in 1978 (now he was a Petroleum.
Minister). It had the design capacity of 100,000 b/d.

The Kaduna Refinery was awarded by Murtala Mohammed in 1976
and was built by Chiyoda Engineering and Construction Company
- a Japanese firm, at the cost of $525 million and was completed
by Obasanjo in 1979 (Buhari's tenure as the Petroleum. Minister
ended in 1978). It had two refining streams (50,000 b/d fuels
units) and (50,000 b/d lubes, waxes Asphalt plants).
Port Harcourt 11 was awarded by Gen IBB in 1985 with an
installed capacity of 150,000 b/d and completed in 1989"

(1) (Reply)

Jonathan Has Lost His Most Important Poll, Set Up On His Own Terms On Home Soil! / Buhari, Jonathan, And Religion. A MUST READ. / The Man Behind The Election Postponement

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.