Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,191,988 members, 7,946,310 topics. Date: Wednesday, 11 September 2024 at 03:47 PM

Choosing Btw Masters And Job - Career - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Choosing Btw Masters And Job (976 Views)

Professional Exams Vs Masters Which Is Better? / Working And Running Masters And ICAN At The Same Time. Is This Possible? / Career Advice:individual With Double Masters And 2years Int'l Exp Yet2getajob (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Choosing Btw Masters And Job by Templa(m): 9:24pm On Dec 21, 2008
what do u advice someone who has a job and is under pressure to do masters in Nigeria. the job is not a bad one at least it's a well paid job.

do u think masters will be a guarantee of a better job in this failing economy where there are a lot of job slashes.

pls ur candid opinion will help someone. thank you.
Re: Choosing Btw Masters And Job by davidylan1: 9:27pm On Dec 21, 2008
u said under pressure - how much is the pressure and from wither it cometh from?

This will let us advice better.
Re: Choosing Btw Masters And Job by kokorunna(m): 4:07pm On Dec 22, 2008
Doing a Masters Programme does not guarantee you any job, why don't work first and then save enough money to do the programme.

Masters are not free, so you will need some money to pay for it.
Re: Choosing Btw Masters And Job by oshaks: 3:10pm On Dec 26, 2008
doing your masters is ok and it depends on the type of job you have. Since you said its a wll paying job i think the best advice is that you try and save some money and travel abroad for your masters. What are you passionate about. You have to go for what you have passion for. i left a banking job for lecturing. i will finish ma phd d next year and travel aborad after my doctorate. Ajayi Ayodele
Re: Choosing Btw Masters And Job by Tdaves(m): 8:55am On Dec 27, 2008
Thanks for your comment Ayodele. Job security is all about how valuable you are to the organisation. I was part of a project for my Bank which we had to fly a Guy into the Country from Germany and the Guy told me he doesnt have an certification in IT, but he knows he is very good in what he is doing. Just be good in what you are doing. Masters doesnt guarantee your Job Security except you are talking about managerial level.

regards
Re: Choosing Btw Masters And Job by Cutehector(m): 7:28pm On Jun 23, 2015
Tdaves:
Thanks for your comment Ayodele. Job security is all about how valuable you are to the organisation. I was part of a project for my Bank which we had to fly a Guy into the Country from Germany and the Guy told me he doesnt have an certification in IT, but he knows he is very good in what he is doing. Just be good in what you are doing. Masters doesnt guarantee your Job Security except you are talking about managerial level.

regards

trust me, u dnt need masters for a managerial position.. God can lift u up in any way

(1) (Reply)

Top Ten Scary Things Job Seekers Do / Prince2 Training In Abuja / Extral Job Opportunity That Can Make You Rich In Year 2013

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.