Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,182,180 members, 7,916,459 topics. Date: Saturday, 10 August 2024 at 12:35 AM

Mandela Became President At 76 - Buhari Is Not Old For The Job - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Mandela Became President At 76 - Buhari Is Not Old For The Job (1386 Views)

There Is Neither President Nor Acting President At The Moment- Lawyers / List Of People EFCC Have Invited For Questioning Since Buhari Became President / 221 People Killed Since Buhari Became President - The Cable (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Mandela Became President At 76 - Buhari Is Not Old For The Job by ifeci: 11:21am On Jan 20, 2015
Unless u were born today; d name mandela is synonymous with revolution & change in south Africa & beyond, he brought about d much needed change in south Africa and today we can see how far they have developed with so many young nigerians hustling 2go thr for greener pastures. We hv seen what a man can do at 76 after so many trials & failures. Coming back home, as d elections draw near, we have a presidential candidate in person of Buhari whom I wldnt hide my support for; some people hv made his age their campaign solid point but I dnt think South Africans were stupid to vote a man " age 76" for the change they so much desired, we hv seen d evidence of that decision they took in 1994; in their lives & in their economy today. In life, opportunities come & if not taken, it goes, it doesn't impose itself on you, you just have to be wise; in my short stay on this earth in which I have lived mostly in Nigeria, I hv seen so many things done wrong in difference of how things are supposed to be, I have seen many people go hungry when they could have plenty to eat bt just because of the greed of the next man. I don't need a prophet to tell me that change is imminent. I knw nigeria hs a lot of problems bt standing on top our problems and crowding others like an umbrella is corruption. It is d cause of most of problems because without corruption, our electricity will work, we will hv good roads & etc. Some hv tried to smear the character of Buhari with corruption but nothing was found rather his stance is to fight corruption. Some say he is old, some like fayose say he will soon die but sorry to disappoint you; God gives and God takes. I have seen young men die at 30 & I hv also seen a 76 yr old man lead a country to change & also lived 19 years more. So, for those of you saying Buhari is old, better hv a rethink & embrace the change you need; they change we all need for a better Nigeria

2 Likes

Re: Mandela Became President At 76 - Buhari Is Not Old For The Job by frankyychiji(f): 11:57am On Jan 20, 2015
Op, you dared compare Nelson Mandela with Clueless failbuhari? You must be high on gum!

2 Likes

Re: Mandela Became President At 76 - Buhari Is Not Old For The Job by Fash20: 12:08pm On Jan 20, 2015
frankyychiji:
Op, you dared compare Nelson Mandela with Clueless failbuhari? You must be high on gum!
you must be high on kunnu. Op is justrina compare their age for those taking age as a criterion for leadership.
Re: Mandela Became President At 76 - Buhari Is Not Old For The Job by adetboy: 12:14pm On Jan 20, 2015
But Fashola thinks otherwise. grin

4 Likes

Re: Mandela Became President At 76 - Buhari Is Not Old For The Job by frankyychiji(f): 12:24pm On Jan 20, 2015
Fash20:
you must be high on kunnu. Op is justrina compare their age for those taking age as a criterion for leadership.
....and at that age, Mandela had a very sharp mind. Sharper than even a 12 years old. Have you listened to failbuhari speak recently? He is increasingly incoherent, lacks confidence and is very forgetful.

2 Likes

Re: Mandela Became President At 76 - Buhari Is Not Old For The Job by mekaboy(m): 12:30pm On Jan 20, 2015
Mandella went to prison for challenging injustice to his people. He was ready to die for his people.

Buhari on the other hand served under the most corrupt Nigerian president (Abacha) and turned a blind eye while abacha looted Nigeria. Buhari went ahead to say abacha did not steal, with all the evidence present.

Mandela was better educated and knows better than to say he will stablize global oil price.

4 Likes

Re: Mandela Became President At 76 - Buhari Is Not Old For The Job by Jorussia(m): 12:35pm On Jan 20, 2015
frankyychiji:
my brother he just reminded us that age does not matter in governance.
Re: Mandela Became President At 76 - Buhari Is Not Old For The Job by frankyychiji(f): 12:40pm On Jan 20, 2015
Jorussia:
my brother he just reminded us that age does not matter in governance.
You can't compare Mandela's state of mind with that of a Fulani cattleman at old age.
Re: Mandela Became President At 76 - Buhari Is Not Old For The Job by Jorussia(m): 1:01pm On Jan 20, 2015
frankyychiji:
You can't compare Mandela's state of mind with that of a Fulani cattleman at old age.
that is very inciting from you, you are insulting a full ethnic group, in the name of supporting GEJ.Reducing the the discuss of this forthcoming elections to primordial and ethnic sentiments will only spell doom for our country.Mandela was 4years older than buhari when he became S.A president and today he is still being celebrated after his death.Age is not the so long as he is fit to an extent.
Re: Mandela Became President At 76 - Buhari Is Not Old For The Job by Joel3(m): 1:04pm On Jan 20, 2015
ok
Re: Mandela Became President At 76 - Buhari Is Not Old For The Job by size38: 1:27pm On Jan 20, 2015
If GEJ represents the younger generation and the youths we all feel are the future leaders, then Nigerian youths have NO FUTURE. It means that the youths are not yet ready. It means the youths of Nigeria are not yet politically mature to govern. It means the youths of Nigeria cannot handle the challenges of Modern day democracy and governance. Therefore I say that with the failure of GEJ in power, that means Nigerian youths are equally failing.
Re: Mandela Became President At 76 - Buhari Is Not Old For The Job by Trailblazer1(m): 1:32pm On Jan 20, 2015
Dr Nelson Mandela was thoroughly bred lawyer and a great nationalist

While

Gen. Muhammad Buhari is an illiterate and a coupist

Do you now see the difference?

4 Likes

Re: Mandela Became President At 76 - Buhari Is Not Old For The Job by frankyychiji(f): 2:24pm On Jan 20, 2015
Jorussia:
that is very inciting from you, you are insulting a full ethnic group, in the name of supporting GEJ.Reducing the the discuss of this forthcoming elections to primordial and ethnic sentiments will only spell doom for our country.Mandela was 4years older than buhari when he became S.A president and today he is still being celebrated after his death.Age is not the so long as he is fit to an extent.
I am not inciting anybody. The volatile rioters don't take instructions from me but from their Imams after jumat. If you followed my trend on this topic, you will discover that I have no particular issues with age but with the challenges of cosmopolitanism, urbanism, tolerance, democratic dispensation, team playing, religious fanaticism and also health matters. We are in a new era and failbuhari is not of this generation. Have you listened to him speak during his rallies and interviews? He is not articulate nor is he coherent. He is also very disconnected from the current realities.
Re: Mandela Became President At 76 - Buhari Is Not Old For The Job by OLADD: 2:36pm On Jan 20, 2015
ifeci:
Unless u were born today; d name mandela is synonymous with revolution & change in south Africa & beyond, he brought about d much needed change in south Africa and today we can see how far they have developed with so many young nigerians hustling 2go thr for greener pastures. We hv seen what a man can do at 76 after so many trials & failures. Coming back home, as d elections draw near, we have a presidential candidate in person of Buhari whom I wldnt hide my support for; some people hv made his age their campaign solid point but I dnt think South Africans were stupid to vote a man " age 76" for the change they so much desired, we hv seen d evidence of that decision they took in 1994; in their lives & in their economy today. In life, opportunities come & if not taken, it goes, it doesn't impose itself on you, you just have to be wise; in my short stay on this earth in which I have lived mostly in Nigeria, I hv seen so many things done wrong in difference of how things are supposed to be, I have seen many people go hungry when they could have plenty to eat bt just because of the greed of the next man. I don't need a prophet to tell me that change is imminent. I knw nigeria hs a lot of problems bt standing on top our problems and crowding others like an umbrella is corruption. It is d cause of most of problems because without corruption, our electricity will work, we will hv good roads & etc. Some hv tried to smear the character of Buhari with corruption but nothing was found rather his stance is to fight corruption. Some say he is old, some like fayose say he will soon die but sorry to disappoint you; God gives and God takes. I have seen young men die at 30 & I hv also seen a 76 yr old man lead a country to change & also lived 19 years more. So, for those of you saying Buhari is old, better hv a rethink & embrace the change you need; they change we all need for a better Nigeria

But Mandela did not gain admission into higher institution with Almajiri School Cert. He did not lie to SA electoral body about his academic and professional qualifications. He did not swear to an affidavit by claiming his school cert and other certificates were with the secretary of Snake Island Prison where he served for 27 years. Our Daura man was only imprisoned for few months and his "certificates" developed wings and disappeared into thin air. What about that? Dundee.

1 Like

Re: Mandela Became President At 76 - Buhari Is Not Old For The Job by Nobody: 2:41pm On Jan 20, 2015
Its an insult to compare Mandela and a pig like buhari.
Who does that? undecided

1 Like

Re: Mandela Became President At 76 - Buhari Is Not Old For The Job by Jorussia(m): 3:10pm On Jan 20, 2015
frankyychiji:
I am not inciting anybody. The volatile rioters don't take instructions from me but from their Imams after jumat. If you followed my trend on this topic, you will discover that I have no particular issues with age but with the challenges of cosmopolitanism, urbanism, tolerance, democratic dispensation, team playing, religious fanaticism and also health matters. We are in a new era and failbuhari is not of this generation. Have you listened to him speak during his rallies and interviews? He is not articulate nor is he coherent. He is also very disconnected from the current realities.
Yes i agree with you that GMB is not out spoken,if you are sincere, you will agree with me that GEJ is not out spoken also.We are yearning for leaders who will genuinely change the economic situation of this country for the good of all of us. I personally, don't see GEJ as different from others, he is a creation and part of the old system.
Re: Mandela Became President At 76 - Buhari Is Not Old For The Job by tonytony208(m): 4:41pm On Jan 20, 2015
Mandela became president because he proved himself as a true leader and fearless father of the nation at a very difficult period of South Africa's history. Kindly show me what buhari did right as leader; other than to trample upon democracy and jail the innocent. To think dat the same buhari, who truncated democracy, is now asking to become president via democracy.
Re: Mandela Became President At 76 - Buhari Is Not Old For The Job by KwoiZabo(m): 4:48pm On Jan 20, 2015
But he had a certificate
Re: Mandela Became President At 76 - Buhari Is Not Old For The Job by Rapmoney(m): 5:13pm On Jan 20, 2015
Why don't you just pretend to have sense? At least, just pretend! What were the qualities possessed by Nelson Mandela that Buhari exhibit? None!!! You can see that your topic has even rendered your write-up useless! Even if we need change, Buhari CANNOT be that needed change! What does an obsolete man like Buhari have to offer the youths of Nigeria? Absolutely nothing!!!

1 Like

Re: Mandela Became President At 76 - Buhari Is Not Old For The Job by frankyychiji(f): 6:11pm On Jan 20, 2015
Jorussia:
Yes i agree with you that GMB is not out spoken,if you are sincere, you will agree with me that GEJ is not out spoken also.We are yearning for leaders who will genuinely change the economic situation of this country for the good of all of us. I personally, don't see GEJ as different from others, he is a creation and part of the old system.
While your Buhari is the new system and different from others abii. Continue..
Re: Mandela Became President At 76 - Buhari Is Not Old For The Job by Xhammy: 6:26pm On Jan 20, 2015
At 76 Mandela became a president and till date he is the best president ever produced in an Africa nation, pdp are just trying to use buhari's age as a propaganda against him, pdp are just a set of losers, their propagandas won't buy them another 4years let them know that
Re: Mandela Became President At 76 - Buhari Is Not Old For The Job by Nobody: 7:00pm On Jan 20, 2015
Are you aware that there's no valentine's day this year...? Election has taken its place....all boys are smilling, no gift, no outing for the girls. Hahahahahahahh ....all thanks to INEC...... In case your girl insists on going out, please take her to the polling unit and vote for APC. I love 2015, valentine's free year.
Re: Mandela Became President At 76 - Buhari Is Not Old For The Job by Jorussia(m): 7:56pm On Jan 20, 2015
frankyychiji:
While your Buhari is the new system and different from others abii. Continue..
my broda take am easy o,i am only countering your claim about GEJ,which is is false.I am not a card carrying member of APC,GOD BEAR ME WITNESS,ALL I WANT IS FOR POWER TO CHANGE HANDS AT THE FEDERAL LEVEL.

(1) (Reply)

President Jonathan Visits Our Lady Queen Of Nigeria Catholic Church Today-photos / North-based Igbos Declare Support For Buhari - Guardian / Buhari To Visit Akwa Ibom On Apirl 7, 2015 To Receive PDP Decampees Into APC

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.