Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,169,876 members, 7,876,335 topics. Date: Sunday, 30 June 2024 at 03:05 PM

Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. - Travel (1125) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. (2431036 Views)

Processing Canada Visit Visa From The US. Kindly Share Your Experience / Interesting Places And Tourist Attractions In Lagos / Lagos Shoprite Turns To A Tourist Centre (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (1122) (1123) (1124) (1125) (1126) (1127) (1128) ... (1137) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by chatmate: 11:25am On Jun 05
Just 7days..super fast

this one be like ETA lol.

congrats

Lyoncrescent:
Got the 9 Years Visa Multiple entry . Applied for a conference and was sponsored by my organisation. Git 6 months single entry visa for the same event last year sponsored by my organisation.

Applied 10th of May 2024
Got passport request 27th of May
Submitted passport at Lagos VFS 28th of May
Picked up stamped passport at VFS Lagos 31st of May.
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by uchennay: 11:34am On Jun 05
Lyoncrescent:
Got the 9 Years Visa Multiple entry . Applied for a conference and was sponsored by my organisation. Git 6 months single entry visa for the same event last year sponsored by my organisation.

Applied 10th of May 2024

Sir,are you apply canada visa yearly or you make mistake with the date..becos you share exactly the same story last year!

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Lyoncrescent: 11:34am On Jun 05
chatmate:
Just 7days..super fast

congrats

Funny enough the one of last year was faster. This one got me worried.

1 Like

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by chatmate: 11:43am On Jun 05
do you have usa visa? faster? ah e fit fast pass my ETA sef lol. They didnt approve my eta same day, took 3days lol. I had to submit reason why I lied that I was denied 2016 haha.

This grace de on different level. I want this kind of grace for my sibling o.

Lyoncrescent:

Funny enough the one of last year was faster. This one got me worried.
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by House34: 12:01pm On Jun 05
Lyoncrescent:

Applied 10th of May 2024

It is actually possible because he had a previous expired Canada visa and he did not overstay on his last trip, so the renewal should be fast.

2 Likes

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by uchennay: 12:19pm On Jun 05
Eyiteemama:

My naira account was also in the same pdf I sent them. I spend in naira so of course that's not the only statement I attached. Pls Stop trying to defend country that is clearly finding anything tangible to issue refusal. They obviously don't want people from our side again.

And I didn't share my Timeline to be receiving correction based on what I did or didn't do wrong. I shared it for those still awaiting a decision. I have been following immigration news for years and I know when a particular route is close to or nearly impossible. If you like climb mountains to submit a perfect application, they will still deny as they wish. And dem no send Nigerians or whatever economic problems or useless leaders we have.

I'm not discouraging anyone that still wants to apply. Pls go ahead and apply, as for me I don wash hand commot for everything Canada about a month ago. When millions of people are trying to move to the same place, things like this are bound to happen so I'm not discouraged.

The truth is our people do not want to understand that the majority who got visas last year are now a burden on the Canadian system. They abuse the visa terms and make fake asylum claims as high as 8 in 10 every Nigerian youth that got Canada visa last year , which is surely affecting current applicants. This is a major reason for the recent massive refusals. They show fake funds and good work records but still abandon everything and claim asylum. I do not blame Canadian immigration as a country tends to protect its own interests and people. So, anybody who is ready to gamble with their money can keep jumping from one agent to another and wasting their money. I wish everyone good luck.

2 Likes

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Lyoncrescent: 1:11pm On Jun 05
The event is an annual event. I was sponsored by my organization. I uploaded letter of invitation, pay slip and letter of introduction from my organization. i did not upload bank statement. I went last year and spent 1 week and came back though i didn't go for the main event i got the visa for last year due to vfs holding my passport for 2 weeks but i attended another event late last year hosted by the same agency with the 6 months visa. I do not have a USA Visa. I have no plans to japa either. All my colleagues also got theirs within the same time frame as mine last year, those who submitted at VFS Abuja got theirs within 1 week while vfs held mine for 2 weeks after submission last year and i complained on this forum.

Another thing is the agency hosting the event wrote to the embassy last year before our application to notify them that we were going to apply. The letter had our names, date of birth and passport number. Hope this clarifies the comments.

3 Likes

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by chatmate: 2:25pm On Jun 05
Chai that your conference and organization strong o.

You see the way they treat application different , it made people think anything, and I understand. You will think Canada is not giving visa again. I think this pple reduce the way they grant visas, but some are still getting it.

if I copy my timeline , you will never know what pple go thru..

U GET LUCK SHA.

Lyoncrescent:
The event is an annual event. I was sponsored by my organization. I uploaded letter of invitation, pay slip and letter of introduction from my organization. i did not upload bank statement. I went last year and spent 1 week and came back though i didn't go for the main event i got the visa for last year due to vfs holding my passport for 2 weeks but i attended another event late last year hosted by the same agency with the 6 months visa. I do not have a USA Visa. I have no plans to japa either. All my colleagues also got theirs within the same time frame as mine last year, those who submitted at VFS Abuja got theirs within 1 week while vfs held mine for 2 weeks after submission last year and i complained on this forum.

Another thing is the agency hosting the event wrote to the embassy last year before our application to notify them that we were going to apply. The letter had our names, date of birth and passport number. Hope this clarifies the comments.
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Ceephort: 3:37pm On Jun 05
Good afternoon ma'am house, Please I have a few questions. My mum and brother are in Canada and I want to apply to visit them.
- What duration do you advise I put, I actually plan to stay as long as possible?

- Someone said that I should put 2 weeks, that they would approve at least 3 or 6 months visa if my application is accepted, is this true?

- For Purpose of visit, do you think its a strong enough reason to say that I just want to visit my family? Or is there something else I can add?

- How much PoF do you suggest? Feeding and accommodation is already taken care of.
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by uchennay: 3:45pm On Jun 05
chatmate:
Chai that your conference and organization strong o.

You see the way they treat application different , it made people think anything, and I understand. You will think Canada is not giving visa again. I think this pple reduce the way they grant visas, but some are still getting it.

if I copy my timeline , you will never know what pple go thru..

U GET LUCK SHA.

Many people also got visa last year via conference and never return ,so am sure this man not abusing is first visa already create a good record and contributed to the success of the second Canada visa ..it has nothing to do with divine favour , grace or any super natural!

3 Likes

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Hhp123: 4:07pm On Jun 05
Are you not a refugee in your own country called Nigeria?Is there no difference between those people that their parent's steal Nigeria money to send their children to canada and those struggling to make ends meet?If canada are looking towards that ,they should have banned the whole country,so put in your application and let them access its merit,countries who are better than Nigerians do claim asylum,instead of your appeal talk to Nigeria government to do the right thing for their citizens and stop stealing,so that the trend will reduce,advice the greedy Nigerians to vote the right person to power ,so that life of Nigerians peoples will change for good.

The truth is our people do not want to understand that the majority who got visas last year are now a burden on the Canadian system. They abuse the visa terms and make fake asylum claims as high as 8 in 10 every Nigerian youth that got Canada visa last year , which is surely affecting current applicants. This is a major reason for the recent massive refusals. They show fake funds and good work records but still abandon everything and claim asylum. I do not blame Canadian immigration as a country tends to protect its own interests and people. So, anybody who is ready to gamble with their money can keep jumping from one agent to another and wasting their money. I wish everyone good luck.[/quote]

1 Like

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Predator188: 4:13pm On Jun 05
HILCROWN:
Please house, I noticed from my biometric letter that I mistakenly listed my country of birth as England instead of Nigeria. What is the way forward? I haven't book for biometric. I need your advice.
Send webform to ircc to correct the error
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by newkelv: 4:24pm On Jun 05
Good day everyone; I will be in Calgary by August 2024 by the grace of God. I need a room to rent in a two bedroom apartment. Please reach out to me if you have one. Thanks
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by uchennay: 4:29pm On Jun 05
Hhp123:
Are you not a refugee in your own country called Nigeria?Is there no difference between those people that their parent's steal Nigeria money to send their children to canada and those struggling to make ends meet?If canada are looking towards that ,they should have banned the whole country,so put in your application and let them access its merit,countries who are better than Nigerians do claim asylum,instead of your appeal talk to Nigeria government to do the right thing for their citizens and stop stealing,so that the trend will reduce,advice the greedy Nigerians to vote the right person to power ,so that life of Nigerians peoples will change for good.

The truth is our people do not want to understand that the majority who got visas last year are now a burden on the Canadian system. They abuse the visa terms and make fake asylum claims as high as 8 in 10 every Nigerian youth that got Canada visa last year , which is surely affecting current applicants. This is a major reason for the recent massive refusals. They show fake funds and good work records but still abandon everything and claim asylum. I do not blame Canadian immigration as a country tends to protect its own interests and people. So, anybody who is ready to gamble with their money can keep jumping from one agent to another and wasting their money. I wish everyone good luck.

Maybe you are a refugee in Nigeria, and you can talk for your fellow refugees, but sorry, I am not a refugee in Nigeria, and I do not need to "japa".I was in London, and I saw what people face in abroad all in the name of "japa" after selling their property. There is no way you can justify visa abuse or illegality.We all complain about corruption, but when corruption works in our favour, we call it grace, blessing, and connection.

8 Likes

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Ashirioluwa: 4:43pm On Jun 05
uchennay:

Sir,are you apply canada visa yearly or you make mistake with the date..becos you share exactly the same story last year!

As per his story, he only got a 6-month visa last year.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Hhp123: 4:46pm On Jun 05
uchennay:

Maybe you are a refugee in Nigeria, and you can talk for your fellow refugees, but sorry, I am not a refugee in Nigeria, and I do not need to "japa".I was in London, and I saw what people face in abroad all in the name of "japa" after selling their property. There is no way you can justify visa abuse or illegality.We all complain about corruption, but when corruption works in our favour, we call it

grace, blessing, and connection.

I know you should be in primary school since i have been travelling and mind you maybe you belong to those people that their parent's stole Nigeria money and they will come here to brag and telling people you cant japa,where do you work?How much is your salary?Your parent's will give you proof of fund,secure accommodation for you and you will come here making mouth.
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by NuCypher: 7:34pm On Jun 05
Eyiteemama:
Good day everyone. I have been following this thread consistently and was hoping that one day I'll get to share my testimony. That was not the case, but still, I will share my Timeline for any that may still be believing God for a visa in this path. Don't give up. It may not have been for me but it doesn't mean it's not for you. Visit visa.

Application lodged- 12th December, 2023
Biometrics- 19th December, 2023
Refusal- 5th June, 2024

My application:

Duration of stay- 2 weeks
Travel history- Dubai and Singapore visa and stamps
Pof- $11,000 in my bank account (from savings)
Family pictures
Receipts from land purchases in Lagos and Ph
Sources of funds (contracts with my clients)
Motivation letter

I am actually not upset with this news, because I'd already passed the depression stages after waiting for months with no response from ircc. It was very painful because the person I sat down beside with during biometrics on the same day got his own visa after two weeks and have traveled to Canada since while I kept waiting. I am also on Filipino and Indian groups where I see people getting decisions after 30 days, but Nigerians Wil take months just to get denied.

For my Japa journey, I first tried study path, it didn't work because of the increment in pof requirements, I couldn't afford it so I gave up on that. Then I discovered a new pathway; the Francophone mobility program (this is good for those who know French and have visit visa). I spent a lot of time and money improving my french skills, but I also gave up on that after discovering the huge rate at which they are deporting Nigerians on visit visa because of asylum cases.

I'd honestly thought that since my application took long, it would be approved. And its clear that Canada laws are now becoming more stringent given that I submitted a strong application. I have seen now that Canada may not be for me.

I would have tried Express entry route but I don't have enough work experience. I have promised myself that I will not stay in Nigeria beyond this year for the sake of my mental health. ASUU has already wasted two years of my life I'll never get back.

I am still finding alternatives, but Good luck to those of you still awaiting a decision. I pray that you will receive a positive answer ijn.
Even in your write-up, it was already clear that you had no intention of coming back. Likely that's what the VO also saw in your application and therefore denied you.

6 Likes

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by ugomnaanny: 7:36pm On Jun 05
chatmate:
Thanks,

It is the fault of our leaders. We should not be applying for visa to go anywhere this way.

And you are right. If one submit perfect application they can still deny it as they wish.

God no go shame us.

Goodluck to those application in process and people applying in future.

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by ugomnaanny: 7:38pm On Jun 05
Eyiteemama:

My naira account was also in the same pdf I sent them. I spend in naira so of course that's not the only statement I attached. Pls Stop trying to defend country that is clearly finding anything tangible to issue refusal. They obviously don't want people from our side again.

And I didn't share my Timeline to be receiving correction based on what I did or didn't do wrong. I shared it for those still awaiting a decision. I have been following immigration news for years and I know when a particular route is close to or nearly impossible. If you like climb mountains to submit a perfect application, they will still deny as they wish. And dem no send Nigerians or whatever economic problems or useless leaders we have.

I'm not discouraging anyone that still wants to apply. Pls go ahead and apply, as for me I don wash hand commot for everything Canada about a month ago. When millions of people are trying to move to the same place, things like this are bound to happen so I'm not discouraged.

That was how I applied for a New Zealand visit visa and was denied, was very shocked and honestly I feel itโ€™s a mistake on their path, I have a valid 5 yrs USA visa, valid Australia 1 yr visa, valid Schengen visa, been to Netherlands, France, Belgium, USA, Australia, Dubai, Montenegro,Morocco, and I live in the uk working full time with good income, there is no 1+1 to this, it is well

1 Like

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by NuCypher: 8:03pm On Jun 05
Lyoncrescent:

It's no surprise they have repeatedly given you the visa. From all indications, they could also see that you were not intending to japa.
When I worked in Nigeria then, my colleagues and I routinely went to the US for conferences and training. Not one time did they ever deny any of us. The reason was simple. Our organisation never recorded even one case of one person running away. Hence, as long as you were applying using our organisation, you got the visa upon application. No hard questions. This visa ultimately gave easy access to the US and some even went there to have their babies. But everyone always came back.
The embassy knows your organisation already and it has a good reputation. So, you shouldn't have many problems.

2 Likes

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by chatmate: 8:04pm On Jun 05
You just want to visit everywhere.

US, Schengen, New Zealand Australia everywhere why na. U even come my country too why na lol.

Make I go usa thread jor.

God First.

ugomnaanny:

That was how I applied for a New Zealand visit visa and was denied, was very shocked and honestly I feel itโ€™s a mistake on their path, I have a valid 5 yrs USA visa, valid Australia 1 yr visa, valid Schengen visa, been to Netherlands, France, Belgium, USA, Australia, Dubai, Montenegro,Morocco, and I live in the uk working full time with good income, there is no 1+1 to this, it is well
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by NuCypher: 8:05pm On Jun 05
Ceephort:
Good afternoon ma'am house, Please I have a few questions. My mum and brother are in Canada and I want to apply to visit them.
- What duration do you advise I put, I actually plan to stay as long as possible?

- Someone said that I should put 2 weeks, that they would approve at least 3 or 6 months visa if my application is accepted, is this true?

- For Purpose of visit, do you think its a strong enough reason to say that I just want to visit my family? Or is there something else I can add?

- How much PoF do you suggest? Feeding and accommodation is already taken care of.
Just know that, if you put 2 weeks and end up spending 3-6 months, you are setting yourself up for intense scrutiny in future applications.
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by maziemeka2024: 8:09pm On Jun 05
Waiting for GCMS note after my refusal. I want to visit like 2 schengen countries on my way to UK, can anyone suggest a schengen country I could apply for?

Maybe when I am back I can apply again or go for conference.
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by chatmate: 8:11pm On Jun 05
See Paris and live longsmiley

maziemeka2024:
Waiting for GCMS note after my refusal. I want to visit like 2 schengen countries on my way to UK, can anyone suggest a schengen country I could apply for?

Maybe when I am back I can apply again or go for conference.
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Eyiteemama: 8:14pm On Jun 05
NuCypher:

Even in your write-up, it was already clear that you had no intention of coming back. Likely that's what the VO also saw in your application and therefore denied you.

I had enough money to support myself and I was planning to migrate through legal means. Had it been it didn't work out, I'd have eventually left Canada. I'm not a clueless asylum seekeer

1 Like

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by RodgersAkpafu: 12:34am On Jun 06
NuCypher:

Sadly, there are people who had the exact same profile as that applicant, with all the travel history, a lot of dollar pof and marriage ties, but who still went to Canada to claim asylum. It's terrible. I saw a couple last week who were doing very well in Nigeria with the wife working at Glo earning well, but who still claimed asylum on landing. There was one too working at 7up. These are the people who have made getting a Canadian visit visa hard for people like this applicant. The VOs don't believe Nigerians anymore.

intellectual and mental laziness is the bane of Nigerians
from the corporate ladders to the tout on the street.

instead of these professionals to either slug it out at the express entry lane, or apply for jobs thar grant work permit, or study permit, its always these "ogbon sodiq" methods that our country men do

6 Likes

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by ugomnaanny: 1:05am On Jun 06
chatmate:
You just want to visit everywhere.

US, Schengen, New Zealand Australia everywhere why na. U even come my country too why na lol.

Make I go usa thread jor.

God First.

Lol
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by olasubomy: 8:22am On Jun 06
This may be beneficial to those aiming to apply for work permit via LMIA and to be sure the proposed employer is not on the wrong side of the law with the Canadian government hence, avoiding issues in application for work permit.

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/work-canada/employers-non-compliant.html

Thought, someone may find this useful.

Cheers!
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by mamawa123: 9:43am On Jun 06
chatmate:
Just 7days..super fast

congrats

17 days
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Anguldi(m): 10:56am On Jun 06
olasubomy:

This may be beneficial to those aiming to apply for work permit via LMIA and to be sure the proposed employer is not on the wrong side of the law with the Canadian government hence, avoiding issues in application for work permit.

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/work-canada/employers-non-compliant.html

Cheers!
E choke oOoOO, Sharp practices mostly in caregiver jobs, transport and agricultural workers. Sales of LMIA dey too.
Indian companies involve Wella.
MONEY MUST be MADE MMM ๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚, e don backfire with huge fines๐Ÿ˜ฅ
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Deeegbee: 12:20pm On Jun 06
olasubomy:

Cheers!

See hooogeee fines Canadian govt knacked those Employers
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Oreire(f): 3:00pm On Jun 06
Hello everyone pls. I intend applying with my family on a visit visa a friend is inviting us is it advisable to apply together as family. I want to know my chances pls advise me. Thank you

(1) (2) (3) ... (1122) (1123) (1124) (1125) (1126) (1127) (1128) ... (1137) (Reply)

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here

Viewing this topic: sweetkev(m), Soomob and 4 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 84
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.