Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,169,192 members, 7,873,874 topics. Date: Thursday, 27 June 2024 at 08:17 PM

Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. - Travel (1130) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. (2426224 Views)

Processing Canada Visit Visa From The US. Kindly Share Your Experience / Interesting Places And Tourist Attractions In Lagos / Lagos Shoprite Turns To A Tourist Centre (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (1127) (1128) (1129) (1130) (1131) (1132) (1133) ... (1135) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by sweetkev(m): 2:50pm On Jun 14
anid54:
Date received:

Feb 10, 2024 vacation visa to Canada

Still no update since the day submitted after finger print feb 19 have they abandoned the application ? I am thinking of re-submission of new application

I have valid UK and Europe visa. Looks like they have abandoned the APPLICATION.
Please let me know once you received a response. Thank you
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by EnglishUsa: 3:03pm On Jun 14
Is there anyone that have this experience? I just missed some calls on my cell phone and those numbers are five and two of the numbers are calling me from Abuja and they are fixed numbers, just like office numbers or computer generated numbers, the other three are UK numbers and this numbers called me at the same time, after one stops ringing the other one will fellow up immediately, I am little bit confused if this calls have anything to do with my Visa application. I don't have any body in united kingdom

Or is there anyone that have such experience?
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Ashirioluwa: 3:34pm On Jun 14
anid54:
Date received:

Feb 10, 2024 vacation visa to Canada

Still no update since the day submitted after finger print feb 19 have they abandoned the application ? I am thinking of re-submission of new application

I have valid UK and Europe visa. Looks like they have abandoned the APPLICATION.

Your application is still young compared to some applicants who submitted their applications last year.

I submitted for my younger sister in December, no response yet.
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Ashirioluwa: 3:42pm On Jun 14
EnglishUsa:
Is there anyone that have this experience? I just missed some calls on my cell phone and those numbers are five and two of the numbers are calling me from Abuja and they are fixed numbers, just like office numbers or computer generated numbers, the other three are UK numbers and this numbers called me at the same time, after one stops ringing the other one will fellow up immediately, I am little bit confused if this calls have anything to do with my Visa application. I don't have any body in united kingdom

Or is there anyone that have such experience?

To be certain of who is calling, your best option is to answer the phone when it rings the next time.

If they need more information from you, I believe IRCC will most likely email you rather than contact you by phone.

1 Like

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Clapaudan: 4:14pm On Jun 14
Good day house,

Pls I need Application Tracker link.
Someone should kindly share it here.

Thanks!
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by olasubomy: 4:30pm On Jun 14
Clapaudan:
Good day house,

Pls I need Application Tracker link.
Someone should kindly share it here.

Thanks!

https://ircc-tracker-suivi.apps.cic.gc.ca/en/login

1 Like

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Clapaudan: 5:14pm On Jun 14
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by uchennay: 5:51pm On Jun 14
williamszooh:
Good afternoon to everyone on this platform, please l observed that there is no testimony on this platform anymore, whether good or bad, but why?,is there no December applicants on this platform that had gotten final decision?, please let our testimony either way,so that we all can learn from it,thank you all, one LUV.

Currently, Canada's visa refusal rate is high, and only a few people have the courage and strength to share their visa rejection stories. Some individuals face judgmental attitudes, where others scrutinize what they may have done right or wrong in their application documentation.

1 Like

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by xtreme07(m): 6:45pm On Jun 14
Deering1008:
What you guys don’t know is ircc look beyond your account balance. They also use other factors to determine your eligibility. You can reapply and package your application well. If you need a professional travel service, I do offer one at a low cost. It’s up to you.
bro can u assist me with some fund? Pls
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by dafeoroyo: 7:02pm On Jun 14
williamszooh:
Good afternoon to everyone on this platform, please l observed that there is no testimony on this platform anymore, whether good or bad, but why?,is there no December applicants on this platform that had gotten final decision?, please let our testimony either way,so that we all can learn from it,thank you all, one LUV.

Somw December have share their testimony na,one 4th and the other 19th or so,i think 3 of them like that

1 Like

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Clapaudan: 8:01pm On Jun 14
IRCC should be on January applicants by now...
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by williamszooh: 8:24pm On Jun 14
No,they are still on December applications,l know like 3 -4 last year december applicants that are yet to receive final decision on their application
Clapaudan:
IRCC should be on January applicants by now...

1 Like

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Jeboy(m): 8:36pm On Jun 14
Are you sure you re real? All downloaded bank statement even from mibile app comes with electronic stamp by default.

glowrya:
No it wasn't, I just downloaded it from the bank app as you can easily request for your statement directly from the app instead of going to the bank.

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Nkaluu800(m): 4:56am On Jun 15
williamszooh:
No,they are still on December applications,l know like 3 -4 last year december applicants that are yet to receive final decision on their application

I am December 22nd Applicant.

No decision yet.

I will surely notify and share my testimony/timeline either favorable or not., at least to encourage others who are waiting.

1 Like

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by williamszooh: 5:23am On Jun 15
@Nkaluu800,final decision on your application will not exceed latest before end of this month,thank you for your courage to share your timeline with others,wish your positive result
Nkaluu800:

No decision yet.

I will surely notify and share my testimony/timeline either favorable or not., at least to encourage others who are waiting.

1 Like

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Anguldi(m): 9:12am On Jun 15
Nkaluu800:

No decision yet.

No shaking, you go get am💯

1 Like

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Ibrahim8358(m): 9:17am On Jun 15
[quote author=Nkaluu800 post=130480891]

No decision yet.

I will surely notify and share my testimony/timeline either favorable or not., at least to encourage others who are waiting.[/quote
I submitted Feb 12...I will surely notify and share my testimony too here inshallah
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Capuchii: 11:01am On Jun 15
RodgersAkpafu:
Hello everyone

Just a quick question out of curiosity
Is it so, that Canada gives visitors visa up to the point when your passport expires?
is it applicable in all cases ?

Thank you

This is not applicable to all applicants, if you have an existing biometrics with ircc, your visa will expire at the same time with your biometrics even if you have passport validity of ten years, it is advisable to opt for new biometrics when applying. In order words, your visa expiration depends on 2 factors; (1) the expiration of your biometrics if you have an existing biometrics or (2) the expiration of your passport, which ever comes first is what you'll get.

1 Like

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Capuchii: 11:10am On Jun 15
Biometrics - 25th Jan
Pass request - 6th Jun

Been to UAE, US and with a valid Us visa. Sent couple of webforms.
This post is to encourage anyone waiting to hear from ircc, there's no formula to this, they just know how to take their time

2 Likes

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by uchennay: 11:21am On Jun 15
Capuchii:
Biometrics - 25th Jan
Pass request - 6th Jun

Been to UAE, US and with a valid Us visa. Sent couple of webforms.
This post is to encourage anyone waiting to hear from ircc, there's no formula to this, they just know how to take their time

Having usa visa and then applying canada visa is a big plus and huge formula to this grin

7 Likes

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Emanwel: 11:38am On Jun 15
I agree. I submitted last year and I only received a passport request this week. I have active US, UK and Europe visas. I didn’t send any webform because I was tired of them.

Ashirioluwa:

Your application is still young compared to some applicants who submitted their applications last year.

I submitted for my younger sister in December, no response yet.

1 Like

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Ashirioluwa: 12:14pm On Jun 15
Emanwel:
I agree. I submitted last year and I only received a passport request this week. I have active US, UK and Europe visas. I didn’t send any webform because I was tired of them.

Congratulations
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by waleayeni1: 4:56pm On Jun 15
Dear Fam, if you have left the shores of this country please do me the honor of filling my questionnaire. I am creating tailor made services that are cheap for you. We are reliable and trustworthy. https://forms.office.com/r/xPHw4qBg3d
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by anid54: 9:42pm On Jun 15
Hello Everyone,

I hope this message finds you all well. I need your kind advice regarding my student visa application for a 2-year Diploma program.

Financial Information:
Bank Account Statement: I have a balance of 55 million Naira that has been there since February 2024.
Fixed Deposit: I plan to liquidate a fixed deposit of 30 million Naira and transfer it to my savings account, bringing the total to 85 million Naira.
Tuition Fees: I have paid my first-year tuition fees of $27,000 to the school.
Travel History:
I have traveled to the UK, Germany, and Italy, and I still have valid UK and Italy visas.
My USA visa application was rejected two weeks ago.
Family:
I am not planning to apply with my children initially. Should I apply with them or after my approval?
Proof of Funds:
Do I need to submit any proof of funds? The money in my account is accumulated savings from my years of working.
I own landed property with 10 tenants, generating rental income.
Occasionally, I buy and sell land from desperate sellers for a profit.
I am employed by a company that pays me 1.3 million Naira monthly, and I have a salary account.
Documents I Have Prepared:
My salary account statement
Landed property documents and the 10 tenancy agreements, along with pictures of the property
Copies of my used visas and stamps
Letter from my employer and pay slips
Statement of Purpose (SOP) detailing my sources of income and reasons for choosing Canada
Divorce certificate and my children's birth certificates
Questions:
Should I apply for the visa with my children, or should I wait until my visa is approved?
Do I need to submit any additional proof of funds beyond what I have listed?
Is there anything else I should include in my application?
Thank you for your assistance and advice.
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Ashirioluwa: 10:24am On Jun 16
glowrya:
I went for my biometrics in January, I just got a message from ircc asking me to provide more concrete information concerning my bank statement. When I applied I had about 15m in my account which I submitted the bank statement for but I have been making expenses from that same account as I'm a realtor and I recently had my wedding and other personal and career expenses. I currently have about 2.5M in the account and I got this message from them this morning asking me to defend my bank statement within 7 days. What do I do please

The validity of the bank statement you included with your application is at issue in this circumstance, not the amount in your account.

Now all you need is validation that the bank statement you uploaded with your application is authentic.

The best course of action is to visit your bank, request a "bank reference letter," and send it to the IRCC.

A bank reference letter is an official document from a bank that confirms a customer's account.
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Ashirioluwa: 10:31am On Jun 16
glowrya:
I was also advised to get my lawyer to write a letter to them defending my business and bank statement together with a reference letter from the bank stating how genuine my bank statement is and how long I have been banking with them, because I actually printed it out from the bank app. Also someone advised I try to top up my account with a lump sum showing a commission from the sales of a property.
I would be visiting the bank tomorrow as I have pre informed my account officer and my lawyer but the issue is paying in a lump sum now, won't it be a cause for concern or I should just leave the balance the way it is. Thank you so much as I need every good advice to scale through this hurdle.

This happens all the time, and you don’t need a lawyer or an agent to solve this problem.

All you need is a bank reference letter from your bank.
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Jeboy(m): 12:41pm On Jun 16
Bros pls what does it imply to have one's application profile updated?

No change on the Application portal but tracker has just got the Biometric Completed while Background check still in progress and Medical plus Eligibility are on Not started.

Anyone with similar experience and what does it implies can drop hints....note, I applied in late March this year and not a first time applicant.

Ashirioluwa:

This happens all the time, and you don’t need a lawyer or an agent to solve this problem.

All you need is a bank reference letter from your bank.
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Maria96: 1:25pm On Jun 16
grin

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Adewunmibaba(m): 1:27pm On Jun 16
Good afternoon and happy Sunday ….. I need help validating the form online… attached picture is the error message

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by House34: 1:28pm On Jun 16
anid54:
Hello Everyone,

I hope this message finds you all well. I need your kind advice regarding my student visa application for a 2-year Diploma program.

Financial Information:
Bank Account Statement: I have a balance of 55 million Naira that has been there since February 2024.
Fixed Deposit: I plan to liquidate a fixed deposit of 30 million Naira and transfer it to my savings account, bringing the total to 85 million Naira.
Tuition Fees: I have paid my first-year tuition fees of $27,000 to the school.
Travel History:
I have traveled to the UK, Germany, and Italy, and I still have valid UK and Italy visas.
My USA visa application was rejected two weeks ago.
Family:
I am not planning to apply with my children initially. Should I apply with them or after my approval?
Proof of Funds:
Do I need to submit any proof of funds? The money in my account is accumulated savings from my years of working.
I own landed property with 10 tenants, generating rental income.
Occasionally, I buy and sell land from desperate sellers for a profit.
I am employed by a company that pays me 1.3 million Naira monthly, and I have a salary account.
Documents I Have Prepared:
My salary account statement
Landed property documents and the 10 tenancy agreements, along with pictures of the property
Copies of my used visas and stamps
Letter from my employer and pay slips
Statement of Purpose (SOP) detailing my sources of income and reasons for choosing Canada
Divorce certificate and my children's birth certificates
Questions:
Should I apply for the visa with my children, or should I wait until my visa is approved?
Do I need to submit any additional proof of funds beyond what I have listed?
Is there anything else I should include in my application?
Thank you for your assistance and advice.

Based on your previous question on this forum, you indicated you have already applied for a canada visitor visa as a family in feb 2024. It is best to apply alone for the student visa now because your previous visitor visa is still under consideration and will not affect ur student visa application. Your children can arrive in Canada with visitor visas and later convert to study permit based on their age and the duration of ur study permit . Therefore, to simplify your application, apply alone. Don't forget to indicate your USA visa refusal.
Your financial situation is strong, but ensure you provide comprehensive proof of funds, including bank statements, fixed deposit documentation, and evidence of tuition payment. Highlight your various income sources such as your salary, rental income from properties, and profits from land transactions.
Work on emphasizing your home ties in your Statement of Purpose (SOP). Mention your property ownership, your job, and any family ties that demonstrate your intention to return to your home country after your studies. Additionally, include a letter from your workplace confirming that you are allowed to return after your studies.and be aware ahead combining study with child care is a difficult task in canada especially as a single mother.l wish good luck in ur application

2 Likes

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by shaiguy(m): 6:43pm On Jun 16
Amazing information in this thread

1 Like

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by united4men: 10:52pm On Jun 16
Please is it only passport and appointment confirmation that is required when going for biometrics?

Can someone go for biometrics earlier than the time stated on the appointment confirmation?

(1) (2) (3) ... (1127) (1128) (1129) (1130) (1131) (1132) (1133) ... (1135) (Reply)

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here

Viewing this topic: 2 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.