Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,173,287 members, 7,887,835 topics. Date: Friday, 12 July 2024 at 02:53 PM

Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. - Travel (48) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. (2451779 Views)

Processing Canada Visit Visa From The US. Kindly Share Your Experience / Interesting Places And Tourist Attractions In Lagos / Lagos Shoprite Turns To A Tourist Centre (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (45) (46) (47) (48) (49) (50) (51) ... (1142) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by WESTERNCR: 9:23pm On Aug 07, 2016
Just checked CIC processing time for Nigeria visitors application... Its now 74days..lol

awelekiti:
You may be right about the delay but paper route application shouldn't take more than a month max(with my experience and that of fellow NL here), provided there are some clarification, which VO handling the applicant's case needs on the documents submitted. The highest mine had taken was one month. Recently, we've heard of 2 weeks, even 6 days...all TRV paper route with approved visas. Your cousins should exercise patience and panic less. Even if the event they're going for is past by the time it gets to their turn in queue, they won't refuse them, if they're qualified for visa.
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Nobody: 9:52pm On Aug 07, 2016
WESTERNCR:
Just checked CIC processing time for Nigeria visitors application... Its now 74days..lol

I'm still not doubting this. I've been applying since 2006 through their 4 anifowoshe, VI office before they started their biometric and vfs wahala. That time, we used to fill their visa application forms with pen, lol. Even after the vfs came on board, my passport had never been retained more than a month even though they always stated 57 days processing time or so. That shouldn't discourage you from applying. UK would tell you to prepare for your application like 3 months earlier yet, I've applied and got my visa in less than 2 weeks in the past, same with other western countries.
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Nobody: 9:53pm On Aug 07, 2016
Hi Shadebee,

Very happy for you. I need to get the visa on time so that i can travel before my leave period ends (rigid timeline). I have some questions for you:

1. which email address did you send inquiries to? enquiries@cic.ga?

2. When you got the approval mail, did you get a SMS message from VFS too? How soon did you get the visa-stamped passport after submitting at VFS?

It's a race against time for me..... i wish i had done a paper application oooo

shadeebee78:
I wish I joined nairaland before submitting my documents. I will send a reminder email again now. It is actually frustrating.
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by ezelos(m): 7:11am On Aug 08, 2016
I am a starter interested in studying in Canada. Plls, how do I go about it?
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by OmoBendel24: 7:46am On Aug 08, 2016
ezelos:
I am a starter interested in studying in Canada. Plls, how do I go about it?

Read from page 0-47 first, at least that builds you a good foundation. Thereafter, begin to ask educated questions from that standpoint. Anyways, I doubt if this is the right thread for you though.

i will advise you go on here at this link to check things out all the same, that is https://www.nairaland.com/3024188/travelling-canada-part-10

1 Like

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by johnpoko: 9:34am On Aug 08, 2016
So I'm headed to the VAC now...applying for a visit visa to attend an educational conference. Using paper route. here is what is included in my application packet.
1. Complete and signed application form, family form, representative form.
2. Photocophy of my national passport.
3.Statement of purpose..
4.Statement of sponsorship from my aunt.
5.National I'd of my aunt and her statement of account for 4 months (2.4 million)
6. Letter of identification from my dean of students stating the year of my graduation, which will be in 2017.
7. Invitation letter from conference organizers.
8.Registration receipt of conference.
9.Proof of current enrollment in school ( admission letter, school fees payment receipts, semester results with grades, photocopy of school id card)
10.Round flight itinerary and hotel bookings.
11. 2 passport photographs.

you all should pray for me pls coz I'm using a virgin passport, no flight history. thanks y'all.

1 Like

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Nobody: 10:24am On Aug 08, 2016
johnpoko:
So I'm headed to the VAC now...applying for a visit visa to attend an educational conference. Using paper route. here is what is included in my application packet.
3.Statement of purpose..
5.National I'd of my aunt and her statement of account for 4 months (2.4 million)
6. Letter of identification from my dean of students stating the year of my graduation, which will be in 2017.
9.Proof of current enrollment in school ( admission letter, school fees payment receipts, semester results with grades, photocopy of school id card)

you all should pray for me pls coz I'm using a virgin passport, no flight history. thanks y'all.
Interesting! It doesn't matter if you have travel history or not. What matters is the genuiness of your mission. With all you've stated, I think you're in order. After all, I got my very first visa years ago on a virgin passport, same with my friend. I wish you the best and pls, have faith in God.
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by johnpoko: 11:41am On Aug 08, 2016
awelekiti:
Interesting! It doesn't matter if you have travel history or not. What matters is the genuiness of your mission. With all you've stated, I think you're in order. After all, I got my very first visa years ago on a virgin passport, same with my friend. I wish you the best and pls, have faith in God.
Thanks

1 Like

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by shadeebee78: 11:57am On Aug 08, 2016
I sent a case specific enquiry from the CIC website and then sent a mail to accra after two weeks. I did not get a mail from VFS only on my CIC account.
I just submitted my passport on Friday the 5th, yet to get it back. I will advise that you apply using paper method, definitely faster than online. VFS told me it nay take another 5 to 10 working days to get my passport back.

soletar:

Hi Shadebee,
Very happy for you. I need to get the visa on time so that i can travel before my leave period ends (rigid timeline). I have some questions for you:
1. which email address did you send inquiries to? enquiries@cic.ga?
2. When you got the approval mail, did you get a SMS message from VFS too? How soon did you get the visa-stamped passport after submitting at VFS?
It's a race against time for me..... i wish i had done a paper application oooo
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by diamondsare4eva: 3:20pm On Aug 08, 2016
@Johnpoko, Please how did you go about the flight itinerary? which website did you use or airline. Won't it expire before the visa is issued

johnpoko:
3.Statement of purpose..

1 Like

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by johnpoko: 4:27pm On Aug 08, 2016
diamondsare4eva:
@Johnpoko, Please how did you go about the flight itinerary? which website did you use or airline. Won't it expire before the visa is issued

My uncle in US booked it for me oh, it shows the date I'll leave and when I'll arrive Canada and also when I'll return... try a travel agent, they'll do it for u
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by diamondsare4eva: 4:37pm On Aug 08, 2016
Is it directly from the airline or website. Because most airline will cancel after 48hrs

johnpoko:
My uncle in US booked it for me oh, it shows the date I'll leave and when I'll arrive Canada and also when I'll return... try a travel agent, they'll do it for u
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by johnpoko: 5:30pm On Aug 08, 2016
diamondsare4eva:
Is it directly from the airline or website. Because most airline will cancel after 48hrs

I think he paid small fee for reservation
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by diamondsare4eva: 5:40pm On Aug 08, 2016
I tried expedia but it requires full payment, with only 24hrs cancellation. Can you please PM the site you used.

Thank you

johnpoko:
I think he paid small fee for reservation
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by yinyinola: 12:18am On Aug 09, 2016
Please has anyone on this forum applied for the Canadian visit visa from the UK before? I will like to confirm if the paper route or online route is faster in the UK. Also the processing time in UK says 9days...please can some one who has applied from the UK recently advise? Thanks in advance.
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by shinym(m): 1:36am On Aug 09, 2016
diamondsare4eva:
I tried expedia but it requires full payment, with only 24hrs cancellation. Can you please PM the site you used.

Thank you

H
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by 3Div: 10:20am On Aug 09, 2016
Which airline has a fair price from Nigeria to Canada these days.
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Nobody: 3:12pm On Aug 09, 2016
yinyinola:
Please has anyone on this forum applied for the Canadian visit visa from the UK before? I will like to confirm if the paper route or online route is faster in the UK. Also the processing time in UK says 9days...please can some one who has applied from the UK recently advise? Thanks in advance.
Yes, it's possible and online route is faster in the UK. 2 of my friends resident in the uk had applied from there before and it was hassle-free. One of them eventually relocated to Canada last year. They see less number of applicants, unlike what's obtainable in Nigeria. The less the visa applications, the less the processing time and vice versa. Also, verification of documents is a lot easier there. A VO could be done with an applicant within 2 days, so amazing!

1 Like

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by shinym(m): 3:15pm On Aug 09, 2016
yinyinola:

smiley

1 Like

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Nobody: 3:22pm On Aug 09, 2016
3Div:
Which airline has a fair price from Nigeria to Canada these days.
EgyptAir is the best, for now. When you get to Egypt, they'll connect you with another flight entirely called Air Canada(egyptair's partner). Their Cairo-Ontario route is wonderful.

1 Like

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by travelpoint: 7:24pm On Aug 09, 2016
WESTERNCR:

As at today August 9, the processing time is 82 days
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Nobody: 7:58pm On Aug 09, 2016
travelpoint:

As at today August 9, the processing time is 82 days
you're right. Many people are travelling for summer and schooling.
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by omoijebujesha(f): 10:45pm On Aug 09, 2016
awelekiti:
you're right. Many people are travelling for summer and schooling.
Pls is this processing time applicable to all applications made prior to August 9th or fresh applications submitted on the 9th of August? Pls assist with clarification. My family and I submitted our applications online on the 8th of June , biometrics was done on the 11th of june and no word from cic till date. Thank you
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by sobastical: 11:25pm On Aug 09, 2016
Hello house,

Please what kind of visa will someone going for conference in canada apply for?

Thanks
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Nobody: 11:36pm On Aug 09, 2016
omoijebujesha:

Pls is this processing time applicable to all applications made prior to August 9th or fresh applications submitted on the 9th of August? Pls assist with clarification. My family and I submitted our applications online on the 8th of June , biometrics was done on the 11th of june and no word from cic till date. Thank you
The new processing time is only applicable to those who made their applications on the 9th August. with applicants' experience in recent times, online application is damn too slow. A lot of factors could be responsible for this delay though. If you submitted your documents online chances are, you won't do biometrics until a day or 2, after you made the submission and the CIC would need to sort your application documents by matching your biometrics details to your online applications so, it takes extra effort and time to do this because it's not automatic. Don't also forget that many applicants would have sent the CIC emails within the period you applied and biometric taken. CIC won't jump the queue, mails will be treated on a first come, first served basis. The number of online inquiries and applications received will also determine their response time, to your online applications. If you had applied via paper route, during which your bio details must have been collected and kept in the file jacket containing all your forms and documents with passport(s), it makes the process faster because the officer assigned to treat your case will have everything handy, without going online to be checking one after the other. That's how it works. The last time I applied, I took extra effort to go to vfs lekki to avoid needless delays. I could have done it online from the comfort of my office but I didn't do this.Within 3 weeks, I was already done with everything. Maybe you should give paper route a try next time. If you read the previous posts too, you'd see that those who applied via paper route got their visas within same peroid of 3 weeks. I've even seen 6 days. Please send CIC an email, requesting an update of your application, quoting all the quotables on the subject of your email for fast treatment. Good luckiest.

1 Like

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Nobody: 11:37pm On Aug 09, 2016
sobastical:
Hello house,

Please what kind of visa will someone going for conference in canada apply for?

Thanks
You need a TRV (or a Visit Visa)

1 Like

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by OmoBendel24: 12:02am On Aug 10, 2016
awelekiti:
The new processing time is only applicable to those who made their applications on the 9th August. with applicants' experience in recent times, online application is damn too slow. A lot of factors could be responsible for this delay though. If you submitted your documents online chances are, you won't do biometrics until a day or 2, after you made the submission and the CIC would need to sort your application documents by matching your biometrics details to your online applications so, it takes extra effort and time to do this because it's not automatic. Don't also forget that many applicants would have sent the CIC emails within the period you applied and biometric taken. CIC won't jump the queue, mails will be treated on a first come, first served basis. The number of online inquiries and applications received will also determine their response time, to your online applications. If you had applied via paper route, during which your bio details must have been collected and kept in the file jacket containing all your forms and documents with passport(s), it makes the process faster because the officer assigned to treat your case will have everything handy, without going online to be checking one after the other. That's how it works. The last time I applied, I took extra effort to go to vfs lekki to avoid needless delays. I could have done it online from the comfort of my office but I didn't do this.Within 3 weeks, I was already done with everything. Maybe you should give paper route a try next time. If you read the previous posts too, you'd see that those who applied via paper route got their visas within same peroid of 3 weeks. I've even seen 6 days. Please send CIC an email, requesting an update of your application, quoting all the quotables on the subject of your email for fast treatment. Good luckiest.

@ the bolded isn't exactly correct sir. It represents the average time it took them to process about 80% of the applications previously submitted (which in this case should be almost three months ago going by the 82 days mark, the month of May that is, likely second to third week of May), now completely dealt with - sometime around and as at about that date (August 08, 2016).

1 Like

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Nobody: 12:36am On Aug 10, 2016
Thanks a lot Awelekiti and OmoBendel for taking the patience guiding us newbies... Your contributions are greatly appreciated.

I did online instead of paper application...waiting with bated breath to be contacted angry angry[color=#990000][/color]
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by sobastical: 1:35pm On Aug 10, 2016
awelekiti:
You need a TRV (or a Visit Visa)

I really appreciate it sir. God bless you.

Thanks

1 Like

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Nobody: 5:51pm On Aug 10, 2016
OmoBendel24:

@ the bolded isn't exactly correct sir. It represents the average time it took them to process about 80% of the applications previously submitted (which in this case should be almost three months ago going by the 82 days mark, the month of May that is, likely second to third week of May), now completely dealt with - sometime around and as at about that date (August 08, 2016).
I see! Thanks for shedding more light on this.

1 Like

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by jredlom(m): 5:52pm On Aug 10, 2016
Can anyone show me how to file for the Certificate of Acceptance from Quebec?
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by shadeebee78: 6:01pm On Aug 10, 2016
Hello house, does anyone know how long it actually takes after dropping off passport at vfs and getting it back. I just want to know if this vacation is still possible. Thank you.

(1) (2) (3) ... (45) (46) (47) (48) (49) (50) (51) ... (1142) (Reply)

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here

Viewing this topic: wunmit202, erudite37 and 4 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 81
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.