Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,173,119 members, 7,887,243 topics. Date: Friday, 12 July 2024 at 03:43 AM

Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. - Travel (523) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. (2450838 Views)

Processing Canada Visit Visa From The US. Kindly Share Your Experience / Interesting Places And Tourist Attractions In Lagos / Lagos Shoprite Turns To A Tourist Centre (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (520) (521) (522) (523) (524) (525) (526) ... (1141) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Iffylove: 5:26pm On Jun 13, 2022
yes I do
olasubomy:

Iffylove,

Keep sending them reminders. Do you also e-mail to Abuja-
ABUJA-IM-Enquiry@international.gc.ca.
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Keralis: 5:43pm On Jun 13, 2022
Hello good people, my friend just got PPR and is supposed to travel on the 21st of this month for a conference. Kindly let me know the fastest route to get the passport and visa back b4 travel date

What is the VAC fee and where will she find the VAC consent form. Does she need to book an appointment for passport submission?
Thank you
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by rockachic: 6:58pm On Jun 13, 2022
Thank you so much, will definitely work with your guidelines in my next application. God bless you.
olasubomy:

I am so sorry about the delay in your application. Please order your GCMS notes to reconcile the wordings on your notes to this stated on IRCC refusal letter.

• The VO might be looking at your application more like a family reunion with a lesser probability of return. Going with your daughter and connecting with her dad might have been a red flag for the VO. In your next application, try to be silent as much as possible on her dad and focus more on your intention to pay your daughter a short visit. You can reduce the next application to one month or three weeks instead of two.

• The advantage of applying for a shorter stay would help with your proof of funds. Proof of funds for a visit visa is dependent on your planned duration of stay in Canada, and you need to estimate the period's living expenses, accommodation and transport.

• When submitting proof of funds, don't give the VO the impression that you would be using total balances in your account. For instance, you have 2 million naira in your account, and proof of funds for your stay adds up to 1.5 million, and thus would make presenting a 2 million cash balance that you are fully established in your home country.

• Reducing your planned duration of stay might be too short for you guys for now, but you will gain it later. The most important thing is getting approval. You would most likely be given multiple visas for at least more than a year when approved, then you can plan for a proper visit in subsequent travels

• Lastly, don't be in a rush to apply again. Allow your daughter to travel. You guys can re-plan on how she can settle in and the necessary support she would need. Most provinces have a Nigerian community that is welcoming. She can connect to the Nigerian community in her province, and they can guide her on the necessary onboarding process. You can also google the African store in her province. Call the person (Hopefully a Nigerian) and connect your daughter to the person. But since your husband is there, she might not have issues.

• The VO comment has nothing to do with your business back home. it focuses more on your ties to Canada and proof of funds.

These notes is to give you some ideas behind the thinking of the visa officer pending when your GCMS notes arrive.

All the best!
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by EmjaySimon: 8:31pm On Jun 13, 2022
rockachic:
Hi house,
After over 5 months of submitting my application, I got a refusal letter this morning with the following listed has reasons for the refusal.

• You do not have significant family ties outside Canada.
(I submitted my business registration certificate with tax documents and also mentioned I have aged parents who are dependent on me)

• The purpose of your visit to Canada is not consistent with a temporary stay given the
details you have provided in your application.
( I really don't understand this part, is there another visa I should have applied for instead of visiting visa?, i was also invited to my ex husbands wedding by his wife, I felt I needed a visiting visa for that and since I was staying for about 2 months in order to help my daughter adjust to her new environment)

• Your assets and financial situation are insufficient to support the stated purpose of travel
for yourself (and any accompanying family member(s), if applicable).

(I submitted my personal account which had about 2M in it, in the Invitation letter it was stated that my ex husband and his wife were sponsoring my flight, feeding and accommodation)

Here is a quick rundown of my situation: I applied for a visiting visa in order to accompany my child (she is a minor) to canada, she just got her PR approved. I felt it was very important that i accompany her on this trip because she is travelling a very long distance, interacting with a very different culture and reconnecting with her father in person after 7 years apart and that my support will be integral to this major change and transition in her life.
All these reasons were stated in my application but I still got refused. I am really confused on what next to do, should I apply again? Will family reunification work in my case?

So sorry about that.
Please I want to ask when did you apply for your Visitor visa?
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by rockachic: 9:16pm On Jun 13, 2022
30th of January,2022
EmjaySimon:

So sorry about that.
Please I want to ask when did you apply for your Visitor visa?
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by tal4real(m): 9:19pm On Jun 13, 2022
Iffylove:
Hmmm,,,, we don't know what IRCC is doing about visit visa applications submitted on the new portal. We have many applications submitted in March, April without feedback yet.......

Thanks for your feedback.

Clearly, IRCC just keeps getting revenue by accepting applications and not providing feedback. That’s rather unfair!

But please is there anyone who has truly gotten feedback within 30-40 days using this PORTAL link

If not, then the claim on that portal is a sham!!!
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by meeyna: 11:15am On Jun 14, 2022
Thank you for responding, I have checked the portal again and again, no BR letter. I mailed them already, Also did the webform no response.

Iffylove:
You should have gotten it after 24hrs of submission. Can you check your portal if you have the biometric request letter there?
If not, kindly mail IRCC to notify them

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Tweesy: 1:47pm On Jun 14, 2022
Thank you lord.
Applied via new portal Nov 9 2021 (Visit visa)
I got response July 13 2022.
Eligibility started Dec 9 2021.
I did biometric in 2019.
I was first refused canada visa in 2019
Travel history ( African countries and USA)
On my second visit to US embassy I was denied visa.I was given US visa the first time.
My child had his PR in January 2022, I reapplied for super visa on the new portal again.( eligibility for that has not started)
I updated IRCC via webform on my November application that I was entitled to super visa too submitting Travel insurance and letter of financial support from child.
My child reached out to their MP on d November application. MP was really helpful. She helped us contact immigration and they responded in a week.
I see God hand through out this process.
Glory
Your testimony is coming too

6 Likes

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by olasubomy: 2:25pm On Jun 14, 2022
Iffylove:
yes I do

They will respond don't worry. Keep at it.
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by olasubomy: 2:26pm On Jun 14, 2022
Tweesy:
Thank you lord.
Applied via new portal Nov 9 2021 (Visit visa)
I got response July 13 2022.
Eligibility started Dec 9 2021.
I did biometric in 2019.
I was first refused canada visa in 2019
Travel history ( African countries and USA)
On my second visit to US embassy I was denied visa.I was given US visa the first time.
My child had his PR in January 2022, I reapplied for super visa on the new portal again.( eligibility for that has not started)
I updated IRCC via webform on my November application that I was entitled to super visa too submitting Travel insurance and letter of financial support from child.
My child reached out to their MP on d November application. MP was really helpful. She helped us contact immigration and they responded in a week.
I see God hand through out this process.
Glory
Your testimony is coming too

Congratulations. Safe travels in advance.

1 Like

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by slimanyd: 4:29pm On Jun 14, 2022
olasubomy:

All the best!

Afternoon boss. Please , I need a lil clarification. A junior bro of mine just applied for a visiting visa and has done the biometrics aswell since last month. But the passport expires in November this year. Now, I got to these thread to read several stories of people who there applications stayed closed to 5 months b4 they got a response from the canadian embassy. Now ,my question is this; We intend to renew the passport now b4 there will be any call from the canadian embassy for passport request as I heard the passport must
has 6 months validity and someone also said it doesn't need ,that the visa duration on the passport won't exceed the duration on the passport . Now What would you suggest we do boss. Should we apply for a new passport or we maintain the status quo . This is my question. Thanks boss
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by rockachic: 6:58pm On Jun 14, 2022
Hello,

Since i will be applying again after my child settles in canada. Can i apply for the super visa?
olasubomy:

I am so sorry about the delay in your application. Please order your GCMS notes to reconcile the wordings on your notes to this stated on IRCC refusal letter.

• The VO might be looking at your application more like a family reunion with a lesser probability of return. Going with your daughter and connecting with her dad might have been a red flag for the VO. In your next application, try to be silent as much as possible on her dad and focus more on your intention to pay your daughter a short visit. You can reduce the next application to one month or three weeks instead of two.

• The advantage of applying for a shorter stay would help with your proof of funds. Proof of funds for a visit visa is dependent on your planned duration of stay in Canada, and you need to estimate the period's living expenses, accommodation and transport.

• When submitting proof of funds, don't give the VO the impression that you would be using total balances in your account. For instance, you have 2 million naira in your account, and proof of funds for your stay adds up to 1.5 million, and thus would make presenting a 2 million cash balance that you are fully established in your home country.

• Reducing your planned duration of stay might be too short for you guys for now, but you will gain it later. The most important thing is getting approval. You would most likely be given multiple visas for at least more than a year when approved, then you can plan for a proper visit in subsequent travels

• Lastly, don't be in a rush to apply again. Allow your daughter to travel. You guys can re-plan on how she can settle in and the necessary support she would need. Most provinces have a Nigerian community that is welcoming. She can connect to the Nigerian community in her province, and they can guide her on the necessary onboarding process. You can also google the African store in her province. Call the person (Hopefully a Nigerian) and connect your daughter to the person. But since your husband is there, she might not have issues.

• The VO comment has nothing to do with your business back home. it focuses more on your ties to Canada and proof of funds.

These notes is to give you some ideas behind the thinking of the visa officer pending when your GCMS notes arrive.

All the best!
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by jogojogo: 8:32pm On Jun 14, 2022
Any positives in this generic response from IRCC

Good day and thank you for your email enquiry and contacting the Migration Section.

In response to your email enquiry below, kindly note that this application is in queue for processing, and will be processed according to the receipt date.

Processing times have been affected by the COVID-19 Pandemic and are not accurate on our website. To this effect, we are unable to guarantee a timeframe for which a decision will be made on your application.

Rest assured that you will be informed as soon as a decision is reached, or, if deemed appropriate, to request additional information.

To help facilitate your application when an officer reviews it, please forward one of the following, depending on your situation:

1. LMIA/LMIA-exempt work permits: an updated copy of your letter of offer showing that your employer still intends to hire you.

2. Accompanying spouse of a student: evidence of your spouse’s enrollment at an eligible Designated Learning Institution (DLI), and their most recent transcripts.

3. Accompanying spouse of a skilled worker: evidence of your spouse’s employment (i.e., letter of offer and paystubs), and a copy of their complete job description.

4. Post Graduate Work Permit Applicants: updated final transcripts from an eligible DLI, and a copy of your degree (if not previously provided)
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Josy18ng: 9:17pm On Jun 14, 2022
Good evening house, I want to apply for Canada tourist Visa, please how much the is visa fee for the Canada tourist visa. Your response is appreciated... Thank you
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Topsymyyear(m): 9:25pm On Jun 14, 2022
How much is Canadian tourist visa fee - VFS fee and Tourist Visa fee . Thank you
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by olasubomy: 9:44pm On Jun 14, 2022
slimanyd:

Afternoon boss. Please , I need a lil clarification. A junior bro of mine just applied for a visiting visa and has done the biometrics aswell since last month. But the passport expires in November this year. Now, I got to these thread to read several stories of people who there applications stayed closed to 5 months b4 they got a response from the canadian embassy. Now ,my question is this; We intend to renew the passport now b4 there will be any call from the canadian embassy for passport request as I heard the passport must
has 6 months validity and someone also said it doesn't need ,that the visa duration on the passport won't exceed the duration on the passport . Now What would you suggest we do boss. Should we apply for a new passport or we maintain the status quo . This is my question. Thanks boss

I know sometimes officers do request for an updated passport from applicants if the intended date of issuance is beyond the validity of the passport while others go ahead and affix the visa counterfoil up to the validity of the passport, but this is at the discretion of the visa officer.

The best approach would have been for your brother to have his passport renewed before applying. I think he should go ahead and have his passport renewed when he can, and he can notify IRCC when the new passport is issued via webform so they are aware of the new development.

1 Like

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by bl39: 9:44pm On Jun 14, 2022
Hello,
Please I need some information on the proof of funds for visitors visa. Is the funds requirement for visitors the same as for students?
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by olasubomy: 9:52pm On Jun 14, 2022
jogojogo:
Any positives in this generic response from IRCC

Good day and thank you for your email enquiry and contacting the Migration Section.

In response to your email enquiry below, kindly note that this application is in queue for processing, and will be processed according to the receipt date.

Processing times have been affected by the COVID-19 Pandemic and are not accurate on our website. To this effect, we are unable to guarantee a timeframe for which a decision will be made on your application.

Rest assured that you will be informed as soon as a decision is reached, or, if deemed appropriate, to request additional information.

To help facilitate your application when an officer reviews it, please forward one of the following, depending on your situation:

1. LMIA/LMIA-exempt work permits: an updated copy of your letter of offer showing that your employer still intends to hire you.

2. Accompanying spouse of a student: evidence of your spouse’s enrollment at an eligible Designated Learning Institution (DLI), and their most recent transcripts.

3. Accompanying spouse of a skilled worker: evidence of your spouse’s employment (i.e., letter of offer and paystubs), and a copy of their complete job description.

4. Post Graduate Work Permit Applicants: updated final transcripts from an eligible DLI, and a copy of your degree (if not previously provided)

If they have sent you this mail requesting these documents from you then it shows your application is progressing positively.

Just give them what they want on time.

All the best!
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by jogojogo: 9:58pm On Jun 14, 2022
Thanks brother
olasubomy:

If they have sent you this mail requesting these documents from you then it shows your application is progressing positively.

Just give them what they want on time.

All the best!
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by olasubomy: 10:00pm On Jun 14, 2022
rockachic:
Hello,

Since i will be applying again after my child settles in canada. Can i apply for the super visa?

Super visa may take time but it is much better if you can wait. Although, a super visa has a little different dynamics from a normal visit or tourist visa. You may not be able to apply for it so soon. You can read more on this on the link below:

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/visit-canada/parent-grandparent-super-visa/eligibility.html
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Blackfinegirl(f): 10:14pm On Jun 14, 2022
Hello everyone

The section on the application form that says how much do you have for your stay in Canada?
Is it how much I intend spending or how much I have in my bank account.

I got two conflicting answers, so I am confused.
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by olasubomy: 10:18pm On Jun 14, 2022
bl39:
Hello,
Please I need some information on the proof of funds for visitors visa. Is the funds requirement for visitors the same as for students?

The minimum requirement for proof of funds for a student visa is not the same as that of a visit visa. The student visa has its standard minimum requirement of $10,000 for living expenses and additional cash available for at least the first year of tuition or more.

But for a visit visa, the officer wants to have some comfort that the applicant would be able to sustain themselves on living expenses, accommodation, and transport during the period of stay; this would depend on the period of stay and the province. For instance, the amount an applicant would show as proof of fund for a visit to Vancouver would be different from that of New Brunswick or Newfound land for the same period.

The applicant would have to research the cost of living in the intended province but much better if the person has a host willing to invite him/her, that person can help with those information.
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by olasubomy: 10:32pm On Jun 14, 2022
Blackfinegirl:
Hello everyone

The section on the application form that says how much do you have for your stay in Canada?
Is it how much I intend spending or how much I have in my bank account.

I got two conflicting answers, so I am confused.

This should be your budgeted amount for your trip, and you can then submit a bank statement with a balance over the budgeted amount which makes sense. It shows you have cash surplus. The officer won’t expect you to empty your account on your trip
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Blackfinegirl(f): 10:46pm On Jun 14, 2022
olasubomy:

This should be your budgeted amount for your trip, and you can then submit a bank statement with a balance over the budgeted amount which makes sense. It shows you have cash surplus. The officer won’t expect you to empty your account on your trip

Oh great. Thank you
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by afrobrown2000: 11:03pm On Jun 14, 2022
Greeting Nairalanders, Pls what are the recent requirement for travelling with minors (with one parents), and the minors are 7 and 4 years of age.
Note parent is fully Vaccinated but minors arent...
thanks
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by olasubomy: 9:38am On Jun 15, 2022
afrobrown2000:
Greeting Nairalanders, Pls what are the recent requirement for travelling with minors (with one parents), and the minors are 7 and 4 years of age.
Note parent is fully Vaccinated but minors arent...
thanks

This should help you:

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/visit-canada/minor-children-travelling-canada.html
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by rockachic: 11:25am On Jun 15, 2022
Hello,

Are you referring to the application time when you say super visa may take time? "You may not be able to apply for it so soon" can you shed more light on that. I have gone throught the link you sent, nothing suggests the reason i might not be able to apply soon except that my child is a minor.

olasubomy:

Super visa may take time but it is much better if you can wait. Although, a super visa has a little different dynamics from a normal visit or tourist visa. You may not be able to apply for it so soon. You can read more on this on the link below:

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/visit-canada/parent-grandparent-super-visa/eligibility.html
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Letuspraytogod: 12:51pm On Jun 15, 2022
PLEASE I WANT TO ASK, CAN I EMAIL KENYA AND NIGERIAN IMMIGRATION LIKE 100 times a week??
Cus when I start nobody will hold me.

They want to spoil someone’s life ���. Since October 2021!
Ahhh! Shey na biometrics I wan dey chop? �
Eligibility hasn’t even started ���

[/quote]

1 Like

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by obazi: 2:39pm On Jun 15, 2022
People like us are still waiting since April 2021.
Letuspraytogod:
PLEASE I WANT TO ASK, CAN I EMAIL KENYA AND NIGERIAN IMMIGRATION LIKE 100 times a week??
Cus when I start nobody will hold me.

They want to spoil someone’s life ���. Since October 2021!
Ahhh! Shey na biometrics I wan dey chop? �
Eligibility hasn’t even started ���

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Nobody: 3:16pm On Jun 15, 2022
Same here since dec 2020
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by obazi: 3:27pm On Jun 15, 2022
Have you order for your GCMS notes. Send me DM message if you don't mind

Walexstat:
Same here since dec 2020
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by EChristian: 5:24pm On Jun 15, 2022
Greetings my people
Submitted my visitor visa application on may 12th did my biometrics on may 23rd and I've a conference to attend in Canada by July 29th
I'm beliebing God that my visa would be out before my travel date
I also applied with a letter of invitation from the conference,letter of attestation from my work place as well as there financial support for the conference and also my statement of account as a business man

.I pray everything goes smoothly

4 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) ... (520) (521) (522) (523) (524) (525) (526) ... (1141) (Reply)

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 100
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.