Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,173,611 members, 7,888,954 topics. Date: Saturday, 13 July 2024 at 07:10 PM

Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. - Travel (54) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. (2453915 Views)

Processing Canada Visit Visa From The US. Kindly Share Your Experience / Interesting Places And Tourist Attractions In Lagos / Lagos Shoprite Turns To A Tourist Centre (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (51) (52) (53) (54) (55) (56) (57) ... (1142) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Nobody: 9:15pm On Aug 27, 2016
occie3:

Thanks. Still on the matter using the paper method, let's say after payment of fees do I have to book a day with vsf or It's a walk in process? I couldn't get that info on the web page. Please bear with me. I'm not conversant with this. Thanks
If all your documents were complete and ready tonight, you could actually walk-in and make payment at vfs, submit your documents and do your biometrics same day, provided you get to their lekki/abuja office before 8am. They're open mon-fri, 8am-3pm. Amazingly, people always get there much earlier to join the queue.
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by mrkhaynoni: 11:58am On Aug 28, 2016
@awelekiti I will like to ask you something personally sir. May I PM you?

awelekiti:
If all your documents were complete and ready tonight, you could actually walk-in and make payment at vfs, submit your documents and do your biometrics same day, provided you get to their lekki/abuja office before 8am. They're open mon-fri, 8am-3pm. Amazingly, people always get there much earlier to join the queue.
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Nobody: 7:31pm On Aug 28, 2016
mrkhaynoni:
@awelekiti I will like to ask you something personally sir. May I PM you?

Ok pls go ahead!
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by mrkhaynoni: 5:14am On Aug 29, 2016
awelekiti:
Ok pls go ahead!

Done sir.
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by livchi: 9:29am On Aug 29, 2016
@olumix365 pls when exactly did you submit ur documents at vfs. the date in july pls. you said first week i want to know weather is 1st of july because thats the only working day in the first week of july. pls this will help me know when am to expect my.

thanks alot
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by olumix365: 4:42pm On Aug 29, 2016
livchi:
@olumix365 pls when exactly did you submit ur documents at vfs. the date in july pls. you said first week i want to know weather is 1st of july because thats the only working day in the first week of july. pls this will help me know when am to expect my.

thanks alot
on the 8th of july
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by honeyoluwatoyin: 8:57am On Aug 30, 2016
Good morning, am new on this trend and I would appreciate any quick response concerning my request. Am planning to apply for Canadian visa against Jan pls how do I go about it .. I have my own registered business/ work wit a telecom as well.. Good statement of personal, business and salary acct. Have been to Dubai several times, London, Italy and swiz.. stil single though.. What are my chances and process . Any assistance will be highly appreciate ..

2 Likes

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Nobody: 9:32am On Aug 30, 2016
honeyoluwatoyin:
Good morning, am new on this trend and I would appreciate any quick response concerning my request. Am planning to apply for Canadian visa against Jan pls how do I go about it .. I have my own registered business/ work wit a telecom as well.. Good statement of personal, business and salary acct. Have been to Dubai several times, London, Italy and swiz.. stil single though.. What are my chances and process . Any assistance will be highly appreciate ..
You may apply via online route for 2 reasons...one, online application takes time so, any date from mid January is fine as your proposed travel date, provided you can apply between now and early sept. Please check the visa processing time on CIC website before applying as this isn't stable. As of today, it's 105 days. Secondly, you appear to be a regular traveller so, you might need your passport in case you wish to travel before next year January. With online route, you don't have to submit your passport alongside your documents. CIC will only request your passport as soon as your visa is approved. In my opinion, you stand a good chance of getting a visa, provided you can provide all the required documents on the visa checklist by the CIC and in your previous travels, you did not exceed your stay in the countries that issued you visas and if you did, you'll need to explain in a separate letter with highlights, why you had to overstay. Your good bank statements would depend on the current exchange rate. Naira has depreciated so much but as you mentioned you had 3 accounts, if you've got good CREDIT balance put together, it's ok. (4M naira is less than 10k USD). Make sure your proposed stay doesn't exceed one week in your application(even though our people end up staying 1 month) so you don't under-budget for your trip vis a vis your bank statement, which could affect you when the CIC is making a decision on your case. For the guide on how to apply, please take your time to read the threads from the beginning in this forum . NL members have done amazing jobs in addressing this. Good luck!
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by bigfido: 7:49pm On Aug 30, 2016
Bros how far? them don answer you? 103 days here

jayfierce:

I didn't want to bring up finances since it wasn't mentioned in the refusal letter but Awelekiti is right on the money. Also having a sponsor doesn't always work no matter how much he has in his account. It's mostly all about YOU and how you can prove strong ties. It's not advisable to use company account for vacation/visit visa application because it doesn't present you as serious business person. Money for business should be for business and money for flexing should be for flexing.

One more thing, all visa applicants should note is that the Naira has lost its value. Your 3m naira is actually worth roughly about 1.5m according to international standards. So we should always keep the exchange rate in mind when applying to any country. Checking through Nairaland, I've provided links below to serve as a GUIDE only, for prospective visa applicants. Please kindly tailor the GUIDE to CIC requirements. Best of Luck.

https://www.nairaland.com/967110/main-reasons-many-refused-visas
https://www.nairaland.com/2317990/more-reasons-why-visa-applications
https://www.nairaland.com/1181160/comprehensive-list-documents-required-visas
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by jayfierce(m): 9:36pm On Aug 30, 2016
bigfido:
Bros how far? them don answer you? 103 days here

Nothing yet oh. I wee carry this people name to my prophet oooo.

Today is 109 days of online application. Time sure flies. Let's watch and see how it turns out.
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by livchi: 6:18am On Sep 01, 2016
@ awelekiti pls an advice from you will so much welcome. am yet to get reply from this guys and the conference i applied for gave me today as the last day of canceliation. should i go ahead and cancel the conference and await my visa decision because this conference can also be paid for with additional $100 if i get a reply before the conference day. my fear is weather the canceling will affect the decision of the Visa officer. i know they do advice those on study permit application not to make payment until they are advice to do so. what do you think??
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Nobody: 8:05am On Sep 01, 2016
livchi:
@ awelekiti pls an advice from you will so much welcome. am yet to get reply from this guys and the conference i applied for gave me today as the last day of canceliation. should i go ahead and cancel the conference and await my visa decision because this conference can also be paid for with additional $100 if i get a reply before the conference day. my fear is weather the canceling will affect the decision of the Visa officer. i know they do advice those on study permit application not to make payment until they are advice to do so. what do you think??
Don't cancel the registration because the CIC may contact them for verification and if your name is not on their list of registered participants, it could affect you. I guessed you registered for 'early bird' option which could give you the opportunity of paying the actual conference registration fees and the window for early bird registration is closing already as the conference date nears. When the conference is close, the organisers usually charge for late registration in which case potential participants will pay a lil more. If your visa is approved, you can still pay the additional fee of 100usd which I guess is the charge for late registration.
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by RayNbone(m): 4:41pm On Sep 02, 2016
I applied on the 1st of may and till date 2september I have not heard a thing. school is to resume 6th Sept. do I defer my admission? please break words
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Nobody: 3:37am On Sep 03, 2016
RayNbone:
I applied on the 1st of may and till date 2september I have not heard a thing. school is to resume 6th Sept. do I defer my admission? please break words
Ask from the school the last date of class registration. its usually some days after 1st day of classes. If you do not resume at the school on the said date, then you will have no other than to defer the admission if your school allows.
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by RayNbone(m): 12:12pm On Sep 03, 2016
I hear from some one that it's dose not matter. he said the cic won't deny the visa if I applied on time. I would be denied if I had applied late
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by RayNbone(m): 2:16pm On Sep 03, 2016
please I need to find out if the school one applied for has resumed is it a basis for denial? I applied since 1st of June and school resumes on the 6th of September. is there cos to worry?
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by RayNbone(m): 2:19pm On Sep 03, 2016
did I apply late? what are the chances I got in getting the student visa?
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Nobody: 3:13pm On Sep 03, 2016
RayNbone:
I hear from some one that it's dose not matter. he said the cic won't deny the visa if I applied on time. I would be denied if I had applied late
If you even get the visa after school resumption and school doesnt allow you to register if deadline is passed, you wont be able to wait/work till the next fall resumption date as that would violate the terms of your visa. Ask your school if they have a january resumption date.
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Nobody: 3:23pm On Sep 03, 2016
You returned to Nigeria because you are lucky to have something doing there, not like am encouraging people not to go back to Nigeria after their visit but there are so many ways to regularize visitors visa in Canada legally.
can you please talk me through this. want to know how to turn a visiting visa to permanent resident. is it possible?
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Nobody: 6:42pm On Sep 03, 2016
kelval:
can you please talk me through this. want to know how to turn a visiting visa to permanent resident. is it possible?
there is absolutely no way. even if u marry within 6months..you still have to come back to nigeria to lodge your application.
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Nobody: 6:47pm On Sep 03, 2016
shinarambo1:
there is absolutely no way. even if u marry within 6months..you still have to come back to nigeria to lodhe your application.
thanks for the info bro.. and so whats the best way of migrating then? express entry excempted.
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by thebaft: 7:25pm On Sep 03, 2016
jayfierce:

Nothing yet oh. I wee carry this people name to my prophet oooo.

Today is 109 days of online application. Time sure flies. Let's watch and see how it turns out.

I thought we agreed on 113/114 days. Your Passport Request Letter will surely come out on Monday. Chin up!
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Nobody: 8:00pm On Sep 03, 2016
kelval:
thanks for the info bro.. and so whats the best way of migrating then? express entry excempted.
try the student route. its no guarantee, but life is all about taking risk.
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Nobody: 8:12pm On Sep 03, 2016
shinarambo1:
try the student route. its no guarantee, but life is all about taking risk.
thanks so much bro... but please, how much can i budget for everything? maybe it worth trying.. please enlighten me and tell me all about it please. and by the way, i will have to start with degree. thanks
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Nobody: 8:13pm On Sep 03, 2016
kelval:
thanks so much bro... but please, how much can i budget for everything? maybe it worth trying.. please enlighten me and tell me all about it please. and by the way, i will have to start with degree. thanks
Visit the student section.

https://www.nairaland.com/3315266/travelling-canada-part-11/17
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by helen88: 12:20am On Sep 04, 2016
Good evening NLders,i want to know how far this is true:Can a canada visit visa be renewed in canada before expiration and can a canada visit visa be converted into a temporary work permit/study permit.@awelekiti and all d gurus in d house.
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Nobody: 5:37am On Sep 04, 2016
helen88:
Good evening NLders,i want to know how far this is true:Can a canada visit visa be renewed in canada before expiration and can a canada visit visa be converted into a temporary work permit/study permit.@awelekiti and all d gurus in d house.
Please visit these links.

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/helpcentre/answer.asp?qnum=473&top=16

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/applications/visitor.asp

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/visit/cpp-o-apply.asp

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/helpcentre/answer.asp?qnum=172&top=17

All the information you requested or needed can be found there. Happy sunday!

1 Like

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Ifiegboria(m): 8:29am On Sep 04, 2016
Let me thank you all for prompt responses to numerous questions. My question is, can one move or relocate a brother in-law from Naija to Canada permanentlyif he has what is required?
Note: he is PR, good pay job of any 55k annually, with his family of 3. Please respond. Thanks
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by jayfierce(m): 10:56am On Sep 04, 2016
Ifiegboria:
Let me thank you all for prompt responses to numerous questions. My question is, can one move or relocate a brother in-law from Naija to Canada permanentlyif he has what is required?
Note: he is PR, good pay job of any 55k annually, with his family of 3. Please respond. Thanks

No he can't. A brother in-law does not qualify for family class sponsorship.

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigrate/sponsor/relatives-apply-who.asp

He can try express entry or temporary resident visas but he has to qualify for it.

1 Like

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by jayfierce(m): 11:35am On Sep 04, 2016
thebaft:

I thought we agreed on 113/114 days. Your Passport Request Letter will surely come out on Monday. Chin up!

Yeah we agreed. Still doesn't stop my prophet from wading in for a smoother transaction. Lol.
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by johnpoko: 2:26pm On Sep 04, 2016
my paper application is now one month old....
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by murorun1(m): 4:17pm On Sep 04, 2016
Good Day,
Well said!. i work for a financial Travel Support Firm. I just wanna attest to the aforementioned write up. You will make a good front desk officer for enquiries as regard Canada. Nice one.

(1) (2) (3) ... (51) (52) (53) (54) (55) (56) (57) ... (1142) (Reply)

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here

Viewing this topic: 2 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.