Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,172,247 members, 7,884,349 topics. Date: Tuesday, 09 July 2024 at 09:14 AM

Site Review - Webmasters - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Webmasters / Site Review (783 Views)

Lagoslabs.com Site Review / Colorbox / Thickbox / Critical Site Review / Site Review: Naija Lingo (pidgin English Dictionary) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Site Review by goldenimp(m): 11:56am On Dec 22, 2008
pls help review , not quite finished yet just want to know your opinion on the interface http://blueprintpublication.com/index.html thanks
Re: Site Review by yawatide(f): 3:51pm On Dec 22, 2008
1) Change the font.

2) In FF, the "Editor's note" appears twice and it is because the content in the upper one is too "long", thus causing the fixed height/width background to repeat itself. Here is how I would have done that part, as opposed to how you have it now: http://blueprintpublication.com/editor.jpg

a) Declared a DIV and position it relative
b) Give the DIV from (a) the gradient-green background and repeat-x
c) Give the DIV from (a) a left border of say, 10px solid #ccc;
d) Drop the "editor note" and "kate" images in the DIV, position them absolute and give them top and left positions ("kate" would actually get top and right)

That right there, especially if applied to other similar scenarios would cut your page weight in at least half

There is nothing much else to comment on as the site is very, very incomplete. How about in the future, if you say the site isn't complete, tell us what exactly to test for to avoid wasting each other's time? ;
Re: Site Review by Don4life: 3:53pm On Dec 22, 2008
review this www.pass4sure(dot)tk
Re: Site Review by yawatide(f): 4:20pm On Dec 22, 2008
Speaking for myself, I don't do blogs - it's not your original work, even if you customized it.
Re: Site Review by soki2ng(m): 6:06pm On Dec 22, 2008
yawa-ti-de:

1) Change the font.

2) In FF, the "Editor's note" appears twice and it is because the content in the upper one is too "long", thus causing the fixed height/width background to repeat itself. Here is how I would have done that part, as opposed to how you have it now: http://blueprintpublication.com/editor.jpg

a) Declared a DIV and position it relative
b) Give the DIV from (a) the gradient-green background and repeat-x
c) Give the DIV from (a) a left border of say, 10px solid #ccc;
d) Drop the "editor note" and "kate" images in the DIV, position them absolute and give them top and left positions ("kate" would actually get top and right)

That right there, especially if applied to other similar scenarios would cut your page weight in at least half

There is nothing much else to comment on as the site is very, very incomplete. How about in the future, if you say the site isn't complete, tell us what exactly to test for to avoid wasting each other's time? ;

Speak ENgliSh Please, lol, are u sure the owner of that site will even understand this review you gave?/
I'm still into blogs, cos i'm not ready to go crazy over HTML, yet
Re: Site Review by yawatide(f): 6:30pm On Dec 22, 2008
Speak ENgliSh Please, lol, are u sure the owner of that site will even understand this review you gave?/

Actually I am cos i know the guy and we have chatted many times and I can say for a fact that he knows where I am coming from wink

Either way, if he didn't, I would expect him to be honest enough to come back and either ask for explanation or contact me privately cool
Re: Site Review by smartsoft(m): 8:06pm On Dec 22, 2008
don't know what to say but the site is showing something else on FF so try and fx that up, and in case you want to start doing any other site, make sure you test it on major browsers, like IE, FF, OPERA, GOOGLE CHROME, most webmasters now have almost all the browsers, and why other business owners are now using the FF
Re: Site Review by goldenimp(m): 10:35am On Dec 23, 2008
thanks yawa, smartsoft i understand perfectly, im correcting now. more reviews pls
Re: Site Review by goldenimp(m): 3:42pm On Jan 13, 2009
Changed the interface again, hope this is better? http://blueprintpublication.com/index.html
Re: Site Review by yawatide(f): 4:07pm On Jan 13, 2009
Get rid of the horizontal scroll (FF) and get back to us.
Re: Site Review by Nobody: 9:58pm On Jan 13, 2009
I think the template is rather wide and needs to be centralized, i did not go beyond the home page.
I have a small personal issue with flash logos - but otherwise it is a 9ce site.
Re: Site Review by goldenimp(m): 12:28pm On Jan 14, 2009
yawa-ti-de:

Get rid of the horizontal scroll (FF) and get back to us.

ive done that ma, how is it now? undecided

(1) (Reply)

1g Hosting Space For Sale With Free Training & Tutorials 4 Beginners / I Need help Please / 150 000 Emails Adress Free Dowload

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.