Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,193,059 members, 7,949,631 topics. Date: Sunday, 15 September 2024 at 02:34 PM

I Have No Apology Over My Advert On Buhari's Death...fayose - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / I Have No Apology Over My Advert On Buhari's Death...fayose (1456 Views)

Man Slaps Taxi Driver Into Coma Over Buhari’s Death Rumour / APC, FG Hounded Alamieyeseigha To Death - Fayose / Borno Elders Demand Jonathan’s Apology Over Killings (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Have No Apology Over My Advert On Buhari's Death...fayose by Nobody: 11:25pm On Jan 20, 2015
Governor Ayo Fayose of Ekiti State has said that he has no apology over the controversial advertisement he placed in newspapers on Monday, January 19.

Fayose stated this via a statement released on Tuesday, January 20, in Ado Ekiti, the state capital.

The advertisement, which graced the front pages of Punch Newspapers and The Sun Newspaper, showed pictures of previously deceased Nigerian leaders and appeared to predict death for the Presidential candidate of the All Progressives Congress (APC), Muhammadu Buhari.

The statement was released by Fayose’s Chief Press Secretary, Idowu Adelusi. It reads:

“I wish to refer to the late President Umaru Musa Yar; Adua who former President Olusegun Obasanjo claimed was hale and hearty to lead this country and subsequently took ill and died.”

“I must assure all those who have expressed genuine concerns,unlike the APC that is playing cheap politics over the issue -that my intention is not a death wish to General Buhari but a factual position that APC is covering.”

"My consideration for the advertorial in the midst of alleged ill health of the late president is the need for the nation not to forget the crisis we were thrown into in 2010 but saved by the National Assembly which had to invoked the Doctrine of Necessity after protests by the Save Nigeria Group ( SNG).”

“It is in defence of fairness that I called attention to the potential crisis we may face God forbid that the health of the general becomes a hindrance if he was president and his Vice who is from the South West would have to step into the saddle not too long after Obasanjo eight years in office.”

“I wish to draw attention to the lead story in the Sunday Tribune of January 18, 2015, entitled, “Buhari's planned visit to US causes furore”. The story revealed that arrangement had been concluded to fly Buhari to US for a medical checkup. That Buhari has been stressed from effects of the rigours of presidential campaigns across the country and he is definitely in need of medical attention, adding that age was a factor as rigours of the campaign was‎ getting at him”.

“…again, I say it that Buhari is too old and spent to lead Nigeria. The health of all of us who have stepped into the leadership space is nothing personal to us anymore as it has implications on the polity.”

1 Like

Re: I Have No Apology Over My Advert On Buhari's Death...fayose by dunkem21(m): 11:25pm On Jan 20, 2015
Fayose went too far as far as am concerned with his advert but he had a very valid point though.

Na so we take cover this certificate mess till the thing come dey embarrass us.

All mentions should be directed to Fayose.
Re: I Have No Apology Over My Advert On Buhari's Death...fayose by politricks: 11:30pm On Jan 20, 2015
What do you expect from a thug

1 Like

Re: I Have No Apology Over My Advert On Buhari's Death...fayose by ayukdaboss(m): 11:39pm On Jan 20, 2015
FOolish Thug

1 Like

Re: I Have No Apology Over My Advert On Buhari's Death...fayose by braine(m): 11:40pm On Jan 20, 2015
I seriously wonder where this man would hide after Buhari wins. cheesy

1 Like

Re: I Have No Apology Over My Advert On Buhari's Death...fayose by timifizzy(m): 11:41pm On Jan 20, 2015
Someone should buy a packet of chewing gum, or better still, feeding bottle for this guy to keep his mouth occupied from spewing tr*** Its annoying.

1 Like

Re: I Have No Apology Over My Advert On Buhari's Death...fayose by debo07(m): 11:44pm On Jan 20, 2015
A bastard will always be a bastard

1 Like

Re: I Have No Apology Over My Advert On Buhari's Death...fayose by Dahjhi: 11:45pm On Jan 20, 2015
timifizzy:
Someone should buy a packet of chewing gum, or better still, feeding bottle for this guy to keep his mouth occupied from spewing tr*** Its annoying.
jeeeesu .. Feeding Ginni? ? shocked shocked U sabi bash o cheesy

2 Likes

Re: I Have No Apology Over My Advert On Buhari's Death...fayose by bennygreat1(m): 11:58pm On Jan 20, 2015
braine:
I seriously wonder where this man would hide after Buhari wins. cheesy

Wins ke Like U already known the outcome of the election??

2 Likes

Re: I Have No Apology Over My Advert On Buhari's Death...fayose by braine(m): 12:05am On Jan 21, 2015
bennygreat1:

Wins ke Like U already known the outcome of the election??

Blame it on my chronic optimism for change.

2 Likes

Re: I Have No Apology Over My Advert On Buhari's Death...fayose by bennygreat1(m): 12:11am On Jan 21, 2015
braine:

Blame it on my chronic optimism.

*Smiles*

Let's hope it won't be dashed come FEB 14th.... cheesy
Re: I Have No Apology Over My Advert On Buhari's Death...fayose by braine(m): 12:15am On Jan 21, 2015
We'll see how it goes.
Re: I Have No Apology Over My Advert On Buhari's Death...fayose by jorlons(m): 12:20am On Jan 21, 2015
Godwilling this lunatic and the DEVIL behind him will be purged from the Nigerian society this feBUHARI.
Re: I Have No Apology Over My Advert On Buhari's Death...fayose by olaweey: 12:31am On Jan 21, 2015
What more can you expect from a man who beat up a judge amidst all other things.Olohun gbo,I am not surprised...
Re: I Have No Apology Over My Advert On Buhari's Death...fayose by suretman(m): 12:33am On Jan 21, 2015
I know why this man is opposing Buhari so much...

He's scared of been jailed!
Re: I Have No Apology Over My Advert On Buhari's Death...fayose by mumumugu(m): 1:58am On Jan 21, 2015
Am i the only one who thinks fayose could die before buhari

1 Like

Re: I Have No Apology Over My Advert On Buhari's Death...fayose by edo3(m): 3:52am On Jan 21, 2015
Ok o. Hbd 2 me.
Re: I Have No Apology Over My Advert On Buhari's Death...fayose by disloman(m): 5:20am On Jan 21, 2015
sanky346:

Governor Ayo Fayose of Ekiti State has said that he has no apology over the controversial advertisement he placed in newspapers on Monday, January 19.

Fayose stated this via a statement released on Tuesday, January 20, in Ado Ekiti, the state capital.

The advertisement, which graced the front pages of Punch Newspapers and The Sun Newspaper, showed pictures of previously deceased Nigerian leaders and appeared to predict death for the Presidential candidate of the All Progressives Congress (APC), Muhammadu Buhari.

The statement was released by Fayose’s Chief Press Secretary, Idowu Adelusi. It reads:

“I wish to refer to the late President Umaru Musa Yar; Adua who former President Olusegun Obasanjo claimed was hale and hearty to lead this country and subsequently took ill and died.”

“I must assure all those who have expressed genuine concerns,unlike the APC that is playing cheap politics over the issue -that my intention is not a death wish to General Buhari but a factual position that APC is covering.”

"My consideration for the advertorial in the midst of alleged ill health of the late president is the need for the nation not to forget the crisis we were thrown into in 2010 but saved by the National Assembly which had to invoked the Doctrine of Necessity after protests by the Save Nigeria Group ( SNG).”

“It is in defence of fairness that I called attention to the potential crisis we may face God forbid that the health of the general becomes a hindrance if he was president and his Vice who is from the South West would have to step into the saddle not too long after Obasanjo eight years in office.”

“I wish to draw attention to the lead story in the Sunday Tribune of January 18, 2015, entitled, “Buhari's planned visit to US causes furore”. The story revealed that arrangement had been concluded to fly Buhari to US for a medical checkup. That Buhari has been stressed from effects of the rigours of presidential campaigns across the country and he is definitely in need of medical attention, adding that age was a factor as rigours of the campaign was‎ getting at him”.

“…again, I say it that Buhari is too old and spent to lead Nigeria. The health of all of us who have stepped into the leadership space is nothing personal to us anymore as it has implications on the polity.”
Op!where is ur source?Anybody xpecting any apology frm this bastard is on a long thing.
Re: I Have No Apology Over My Advert On Buhari's Death...fayose by KanwuliaJara: 5:55am On Jan 21, 2015
Thank you for writing the truth.
But GEJ nor be am! kiss
Re: I Have No Apology Over My Advert On Buhari's Death...fayose by Nobody: 6:13am On Jan 21, 2015
None at all.
Re: I Have No Apology Over My Advert On Buhari's Death...fayose by reezee: 6:35am On Jan 21, 2015
And one would think fayose also presented a certificate before running for a political office

(1) (Reply)

Re: Buhari V Jonathan: Beyond The Election By Dr. Kayode Fayemi / Oyo State Governorship Debate Live: / Five Reasons Why NIGERIA Will Not Break-up

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.