Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,187,697 members, 7,932,951 topics. Date: Tuesday, 27 August 2024 at 04:11 PM

Boko Haram Leader Claims Baga Attack In New Video - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Boko Haram Leader Claims Baga Attack In New Video (446 Views)

Boko Haram Leader “Abubakar Shekau” Reportedly In Government Custody / Nigeria Boko Haram 'leader' Claims Baga Attack In New Video / Actress, Angelina Jolie​,​ Condemns Baga Attack (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Boko Haram Leader Claims Baga Attack In New Video by urnaijadotcom: 2:32am On Jan 21, 2015
A Video posted on Tuesday night shows Boko Haram’s leader Abubakar Shekau claiming responsibility for the massive attack on the town of Baga and threatened Niger, Chad and Cameroon.

The message came as representatives from Nigeria and its neighbours met in Niger’s capital, Niamey, to discuss a regional response to the threat and Chadian troops headed to Cameroon to help repel repeated Boko Haram attacks.

“Heavy clashes” between Islamist fighters and Cameroon soldiers were reported in the far northern border village of Bonderi on Tuesday night.

The sect’s leader boasted in the video, which was posted on the video-sharing website YouTube: “We killed the people of Baga. We indeed killed them, as our Lord instructed us in His Book,”

The militant leader was shown speaking in front of four white pick-up trucks, with eight masked and heavily armed men.

There was, however, no indication of when or where the video was shot.

Survivors of the Baga attack, which also saw Boko Haram fighters capture a military base used by Nigerian, Nigerien and Chadian troops, have described how bodies still littered the streets.

Shekau dismissed the extent of the slaughter, saying: “We will not stop. This is not much. You’ll see.”

Representatives from Nigeria, Niger, Chad and Cameroon have been meeting to seek a regional response to the threat from Boko Haram because of increasing fears of cross-border raids.

Ghana’s President John Dramani Mahama has also suggested a new force, possibly under the auspices of the African Union, to crush the group.
But in the video, Shekau dismisses the threat and shows off a huge arsenal of weapons, apparently from the military base, and said Boko Haram would take on all-comers.

“The kings of Africa, you are late. I challenge you to attack me even now. I’m ready,” he said.

- See more at: http://www.urnaija.com/boko-haram-leader-claims-baga-attack-video/#sthash.1WPvOJ7Q.dpuf
Re: Boko Haram Leader Claims Baga Attack In New Video by AzontoGhost(m): 9:47am On Jan 21, 2015
hmmmm.
God help us.

(1) (Reply)

Before You Vote For Jonathan Or Buhari, Remember These / (Tweet) An Attempt To Cancel Election Is An Attempt To Rob - Bukola Saraki / I Fulfilled My 2011 Campaign Promises- Jonathan

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.