Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,168,972 members, 7,873,124 topics. Date: Thursday, 27 June 2024 at 08:25 AM

Buhari Was A Failure – Ex-president Shagari - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Buhari Was A Failure – Ex-president Shagari (1139 Views)

President Shagari,please forgive us,......GEJ Is The Epitome Of Corruption. / ' President Shagari, Please Forgive Us!'. Tunde Fagbenle / 1985 Newspaper Story Created After Buhari Was Toppled (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Buhari Was A Failure – Ex-president Shagari by neocortex: 3:50am On Jan 21, 2015
By Mahmoud Muhammad, Sokoto and Simplicius Ubah

Says he had no developmental strides

Jonathan in Sokoto, warns troublemakers

Second Republic President, Alhaji Shehu Usman Aliyu Shagari, yesterday broke his silence on burning national issues, declaring that former Head of State and presidential candidate of the All Progressives Congress, APC, Gen. Muhammadu Buhari, was a failure in office.

The elder statesman said unlike President Goodluck Jonathan, who had achieved a lot in office, there was nothing he can point to that Buhari achieved for the whole period he was Head of State between 1983 and 1985.

Shagari who spoke for the first time on the quality of the leader that Nigerians need 32 years after his administration was overthrown by Gen. Buhari, declared that the APC standard bearer had no developmental strides during his regime.

He said: “Now I may ask Nigerians, what are Buhari’s developmental strides as Nigeria’s head of state for the period in question?” Your answer is as good as mine, NONE for his whole time in office. Jonathan may not be the best, but I can mention three to four breakthroughs in Nigeria that occurred under his five years in office.”

Shagari said that unlike the leaders before President Jonathan, he can mention three to four areas where the incumbent president had fared better.

In a rare interview with African Independent Television, AIT reporter in Sokoto, yesterday, the elder statesman said after several years, the trains are back on track, noting that even his 27-year-old grandchild boarded one for the first time in his life in 2014.

Shagari also said that President Jonathan’s administration was the first to construct 125 modern Almajiri Schools and 12 universities in a short period of time.

According to Shagari, President Jonathan also scored first in the agricultural sector, where his administration has become the first Nigerian government to eradicate the high level corruption in the distribution of fertilisers and ghost workers in the civil service.

He said Jonathan may not be the best, “but I can mention

three to four breakthroughs in Nigeria that occurred under his five years in office.”

The full text of the interview reads:

Shagari: “Jonathan may not be the best, but I can mention three to four breakthroughs in Nigeria that occurred under his five years in office.

“Under Jonathan’s administration, the trains are back in Nigeria after about 30 years of neglect. In fact, my 27 years old grandchild boarded train for the first time in his life in 2014.

“His (Jonathan) administration is the first government to construct over 125 modern Almajiri Schools and 12 universities in a short frame of time.

“He is also the first Nigerian leader to construct cargo airports and ensure all zones in Nigeria have an international airport.

“And the very first government to start diversifying Nigerian economy back to agriculture after Nigeria lost its agricultural glory in the 70s.

“Now, I may ask Nigerians, what are Buhari’s developmental strides as Nigerian Head of State?” Your answer is as good as mine, NONE for his whole time in office. Jonathan may not be the best, but I can mention three to four breakthroughs in Nigeria that occurred under his five years in office.

Interestingly, Shagari’s rating of the two presidential candidates coincided with President Jonathan and his Peoples Democratic Party, PDP’s campaign to Sokoto.

Addressing the mammoth crowd that gathered at the rally, President Jonathan warned politicians who are planning to cause trouble during the forthcoming elections not to test the might of the Federal Government.

He said instead of threatening to throw the country into chaos if they lose the polls, they should join hands with him to ensure a peaceful conduct of the elections in the interest of the country.

President Jonathan said: “I want to use this opportunity to plead with my fellow politicians, especially the younger ones, that we must not fight ourselves. As I came in, the Sultan of Sokoto told me about some aggressions between some rival political parties even in Sokoto State, where you will put billboards and people will go and damage it; you put posters and people will destroy it. It is not a good omen; this is what led to the collapse of other republics. Politicians must work together to make sure that we develop our young people, the future belongs to the young people.”

President Jonathan urged politicians to emulate what transpired during his recent campaign visit to Ogun State.

According to him, he stayed at the Governor’s Court even though Governor Ibikunle Amosun is from the opposition APC.

He said: “Ogun State is an APC state; I spent time with the governor in the Presidential Lodge discussing state issues. That is how politics should be played. He is a governor from the APC but I stayed in his lodge, he did not poison me; he did not kill me. So why should people be encouraged to kill one another? That is too primitive and our politicians who are doing that must stop it.”

Jonathan maintained that the country already has problem of terrorism in three northern states and cannot afford the creation of another band of terrorists in the name of politics.

Source: http://nigerianpilot.com/buhari-failure-ex-president-shagari/
Re: Buhari Was A Failure – Ex-president Shagari by menesheh(m): 4:18am On Jan 21, 2015
This kind of contribution can be voiced by people that are more rational in judgement instead of thinking and behaving along religious and ethnic line.

Well said mr formal President

Only persons with good Nigerian dreams can see and feel the soaring economic, political and freedom of speech and expression we are enjoying today in Nigeria.

The reasons why IBB, OBJ and co endorsed Buhari is more of "THE FITS I COULD NOT ACHIEVE, WHY MUST IT COME FROM SUCH A YOUNG AND MINORITY PERSON, DID HE WANT TO FORM BEST PRESIDENT EVER, NO, NOT EVER".

Buhari is a real failure.

APC wants to dare almighty PDP with their noise making and criticism. They never see anything.

1 Like

Re: Buhari Was A Failure – Ex-president Shagari by KanwuliaJara: 4:21am On Jan 21, 2015
We know.
The shortest ruler that was not assassinated.
Only because he was too BIZZZZZY molesting 'aisha' the maid(like his dogggone prophet of course) wink and was too LAZY to keep up with THE DUTIES he relegated to TUNDE IDIAGBON!
We all know TD was the real ruler. . .and he plans to do the same with OSIN-BADE!
He was LAZY THEN. . . and will be WORSE in his old age!
Tsk!

Now. . .let us concentrate on the next month to come.
Planning my escape route to my village!
Thanks! kiss

2 Likes

Re: Buhari Was A Failure – Ex-president Shagari by Nobody: 4:28am On Jan 21, 2015
[s]
neocortex:

By Mahmoud Muhammad, Sokoto and Simplicius Ubah

Says he had no developmental strides

Jonathan in Sokoto, warns troublemakers

Second Republic President, Alhaji Shehu Usman Aliyu Shagari, yesterday broke his silence on burning national issues, declaring that former Head of State and presidential candidate of the All Progressives Congress, APC, Gen. Muhammadu Buhari, was a failure in office.

The elder statesman said unlike President Goodluck Jonathan, who had achieved a lot in office, there was nothing he can point to that Buhari achieved for the whole period he was Head of State between 1983 and 1985.

Shagari who spoke for the first time on the quality of the leader that Nigerians need 32 years after his administration was overthrown by Gen. Buhari, declared that the APC standard bearer had no developmental strides during his regime.

He said: “Now I may ask Nigerians, what are Buhari’s developmental strides as Nigeria’s head of state for the period in question?” Your answer is as good as mine, NONE for his whole time in office. Jonathan may not be the best, but I can mention three to four breakthroughs in Nigeria that occurred under his five years in office.”

Shagari said that unlike the leaders before President Jonathan, he can mention three to four areas where the incumbent president had fared better.

In a rare interview with African Independent Television, AIT reporter in Sokoto, yesterday, the elder statesman said after several years, the trains are back on track, noting that even his 27-year-old grandchild boarded one for the first time in his life in 2014.

Shagari also said that President Jonathan’s administration was the first to construct 125 modern Almajiri Schools and 12 universities in a short period of time.

According to Shagari, President Jonathan also scored first in the agricultural sector, where his administration has become the first Nigerian government to eradicate the high level corruption in the distribution of fertilisers and ghost workers in the civil service.

He said Jonathan may not be the best, “but I can mention

three to four breakthroughs in Nigeria that occurred under his five years in office.”

The full text of the interview reads:

Shagari: “Jonathan may not be the best, but I can mention three to four breakthroughs in Nigeria that occurred under his five years in office.

“Under Jonathan’s administration, the trains are back in Nigeria after about 30 years of neglect. In fact, my 27 years old grandchild boarded train for the first time in his life in 2014.

“His (Jonathan) administration is the first government to construct over 125 modern Almajiri Schools and 12 universities in a short frame of time.

“He is also the first Nigerian leader to construct cargo airports and ensure all zones in Nigeria have an international airport.

“And the very first government to start diversifying Nigerian economy back to agriculture after Nigeria lost its agricultural glory in the 70s.

“Now, I may ask Nigerians, what are Buhari’s developmental strides as Nigerian Head of State?” Your answer is as good as mine, NONE for his whole time in office. Jonathan may not be the best, but I can mention three to four breakthroughs in Nigeria that occurred under his five years in office.

Interestingly, Shagari’s rating of the two presidential candidates coincided with President Jonathan and his Peoples Democratic Party, PDP’s campaign to Sokoto.

Addressing the mammoth crowd that gathered at the rally, President Jonathan warned politicians who are planning to cause trouble during the forthcoming elections not to test the might of the Federal Government.

He said instead of threatening to throw the country into chaos if they lose the polls, they should join hands with him to ensure a peaceful conduct of the elections in the interest of the country.

President Jonathan said: “I want to use this opportunity to plead with my fellow politicians, especially the younger ones, that we must not fight ourselves. As I came in, the Sultan of Sokoto told me about some aggressions between some rival political parties even in Sokoto State, where you will put billboards and people will go and damage it; you put posters and people will destroy it. It is not a good omen; this is what led to the collapse of other republics. Politicians must work together to make sure that we develop our young people, the future belongs to the young people.”

President Jonathan urged politicians to emulate what transpired during his recent campaign visit to Ogun State.

According to him, he stayed at the Governor’s Court even though Governor Ibikunle Amosun is from the opposition APC.

He said: “Ogun State is an APC state; I spent time with the governor in the Presidential Lodge discussing state issues. That is how politics should be played. He is a governor from the APC but I stayed in his lodge, he did not poison me; he did not kill me. So why should people be encouraged to kill one another? That is too primitive and our politicians who are doing that must stop it.”

Jonathan maintained that the country already has problem of terrorism in three northern states and cannot afford the creation of another band of terrorists in the name of politics.

Source: http://nigerianpilot.com/buhari-failure-ex-president-shagari/
[/s]

Shagari is a decent man and honorable former president that will never say such things. All these lies of saying things and credit it to former leaders need to stop. This PDP and Satanists need to stop bringing lies to social media with website with no credibility like the one above. This is the same way TANist lied on social media that IBB said Buhari failed all his exams. The same way you all lied Wole Soyinka endorsed Jonathan. The same you all lied IBB endorsed Jonathan. The same way you all lied Oshiomohle was on his way to PDP seven months ago. The same way you all lied Atiku was moving back to PDP. Each and every time your lies have been busted.

In another news, Shagari asked Jonathan supporters to stop spreading lies that he endorsed Jonathan. Shagari issued a statement tonight saying he did not and won't be endorsing Jonathan.

http://saharareporters.com/2015/01/20/shagari-denies-endorsing-jonathan

2 Likes

Re: Buhari Was A Failure – Ex-president Shagari by gambit10: 4:44am On Jan 21, 2015
Puhahahaha no wonder this guy was overthrown lmao... He has something in common with GEJ , rail and *alimajiri schools is an achievement for a government that has spent 6yrs in office ....pls take a seat sir. U can always visit otueke after d election and exchange ideas with ur shallow minded team-mate (GEJ)
Re: Buhari Was A Failure – Ex-president Shagari by Nobody: 4:45am On Jan 21, 2015
gambit10:
Puhahahaha no wonder this guy was overthrown lmao... He has something in common with GEJ , rail and *alimajiri schools is an achievement for a government that has spent 6yrs in office ....pls take a seat sir. U can always visit otueke after d election and exchange ideas with ur shallow minded team-mate (GEJ)

Cut Shagari some slacks. Shagari never said any of those things you read up there.

1 Like

Re: Buhari Was A Failure – Ex-president Shagari by gambit10: 4:49am On Jan 21, 2015
sincerenigerian:

Cut Shagari some slacks. Shagari never said any of those things you read up there.

Sizly ??...so where did all that emanate from?
Re: Buhari Was A Failure – Ex-president Shagari by menesheh(m): 4:51am On Jan 21, 2015
sincerenigerian:
[s][/s]

In another news, Shagari asked Jonathan supporters to stop spreading lies that he endorsed Jonathan. Shagari issued a statement tonight saying he did not and won't be endorsing Jonathan.

And so

Does that prevent him from expressing his other views.

Don't be an ingrate

No offense meant

1 Like

Re: Buhari Was A Failure – Ex-president Shagari by Nobody: 4:53am On Jan 21, 2015
gambit10:

Sizly ??...so where did all that emanate from?

The TANist are making things up and putting words in quotations. They claimed it was on AIT but did you see anything like that on AIT? Don't forget they claimed Wole Soyinka endorsed Jonathan too with fake press release on social media. Don't forget they claimed last week Atiku was negotiating to come back to PDP. Don't forget they claimed last week that IBB said Buhari failed all his exams. Don't forget they lied just three days ago that Buhari has been flown out of the country for medical attention. Don't forget they just lied that Buhari collapsed in Calabar.

The lies are endless......

1 Like

Re: Buhari Was A Failure – Ex-president Shagari by Nobody: 4:54am On Jan 21, 2015
menesheh:

And so
[s]
Does that prevent him from expressing his other views.

Don't be an ingrate

No offense meant [/s]

Rubbish. You all need to stop lying. Shagari never said anything about Buhari.

1 Like

Re: Buhari Was A Failure – Ex-president Shagari by disloman(m): 4:55am On Jan 21, 2015
sincerenigerian:
[s][/s]

Shagari is a decent man and honorable former president that will never say such things. All these lies of saying things and credit it to former leaders need to stop. This PDP and Satanists need to stop bringing lies to social media with website with no credibility like the one above. This is the same way TANist lied on social media that IBB said Buhari failed all his exams. The same way you all lied Wole Soyinka endorsed Jonathan. The same you all lied IBB endorsed Jonathan. The same way you all lied Oshiomohle was on his way to PDP seven months ago. The same way you all lied Atiku was moving back to PDP. Each and every time your lies have been busted.

Omo!devil still av hope of being born again ooooo.Sincerenigerian!u earned my respect 4 this piece of urs.
Re: Buhari Was A Failure – Ex-president Shagari by Nobody: 4:56am On Jan 21, 2015
disloman:
Omo!devil still av hope of being born again ooooo.Sincerenigerian!u earned my respect 4 this piece of urs.

tongue tongue tongue tongue

grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: Buhari Was A Failure – Ex-president Shagari by menesheh(m): 4:58am On Jan 21, 2015
sincerenigerian:

Rubbish. You all need to stop lying. Shagari never said anything about Buhari.

What of if u are wrong and delusioned

Seems u don't know Nigerian politicians.

Owk verify the news first before your irrational defense
Re: Buhari Was A Failure – Ex-president Shagari by gambit10: 5:01am On Jan 21, 2015
sincerenigerian:

The TANist are making things up and putting words in quotations. They claimed it was on AIT but did you see anything like that on AIT? Don't forget they claimed Wole Soyinka endorsed Jonathan too with fake press release on social media. Don't forget they claimed last week Atiku was negotiating to come back to PDP. Don't forget they claimed last week that IBB said Buhari failed all his exams. Don't forget they lied just three days ago that Buhari has been flown out of the country for medical attention. Don't forget they just lied that Buhari collapsed in Calabar.

The lies are endless......

Oh...TANoids really working hard ....#21billion is a lot of money tho

1 Like

Re: Buhari Was A Failure – Ex-president Shagari by Nobody: 5:03am On Jan 21, 2015
menesheh:

What of if u are wrong and delusioned

Seems u don't know Nigerian politicians.

Owk verify the news first before your irrational defense

You TANists just stop lying or keep your lies as low as you can. That is not too much to ask for.
Re: Buhari Was A Failure – Ex-president Shagari by menesheh(m): 5:08am On Jan 21, 2015
angry
sincerenigerian:

You TANists just stop lying or keep your lies as low as you can. That is not too much to ask for.
angry

Am always irritated by irrationality

Stop the quote bye
Re: Buhari Was A Failure – Ex-president Shagari by disloman(m): 5:37am On Jan 21, 2015
sincerenigerian:

tongue tongue tongue tongue

grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
longest tyme.thot ur lappy was stolen ni.tongue tongue

(1) (Reply)

Breaking News!!! Buhari Result Has Been Released / Politics Is Indeed A Dirty Game. Gmb (apc) Vs Gej (pdp) In Pictures. / Jonathan, Military Chiefs Working Still To Scuttle Elections - Sahara Reporters

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.